• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why no commentary from Jeff Hardy last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNR8701

Occasional Pre-Show
On Smackdown CM Punk berated Jeff Hardy about his drug use before his match against Khali. Punk went straight-foreward and didnt hint at anything. Punk insulted Hardy over obtaining illegal perscriptions, reminded Jeff that he has two strikes against him, and metioned Rehab and suspensions. After all of that Jeff stood up and removed his headset, then sat down and didnt say anything. Hardy had commentary before Punk's rant but not after it. Why no commentary during the match?

It may have been a technical difficulty when Jeff stood up and maybe ripped a wire but JR kept saying that Hardy was in awe of Khali and was there to observe so Im guessing he wasnt saying anything at all.

I dont really know what to think about Jeff being silent for the whole match. It could have been that he was shut down by Punk and felt no response would have worked or maybe he was legitimately insulted by the realness of it. Maybe he is not going to re-sign and is only going through the motions and has no desire to commentate. What does anyone else think of this?

I also think it is kind of odd to point out to the kids out there that their hero has a drug history and lives a very non-pg life.

I didn't think much of it, honestly. I just assumed he was selling his anger or something. Punk not only proved Jeff wrong about the eye injury, but put him out on national television. I'd probably shut up too after the verbal bash Punk gave him.

Now that Jeff got berated on national TV, and now that kids know i'd be shut down legitamately even if i was told to work the emotions after that verbal bashing, but everyone can tell Jeff isn't going to resign, i'd assume NoC will be the final chapter in the feud.

Does it really matter that he didn't come back immediately? He had already had a match with Kane so maybe he was still injured/tired from that. Either way, I think it's a good thing that they didn't have him come out immediately because it allows the words to sink in a little bit. That's a nice touch that needs to be done more often. Punk's comments were great and Hardy's not replying to them immediately makes it seem like they hurt him and affected him more than tehy usually would have.

I really hope Night of Champions is the end of it. The only issue is you don't have a face to challenge Punk if they continue with the Punk heel turn. I guess you could consider Morrison, but would they really have Morrison on the Summerslam main event list fighting for the World Heavyweight Championship? To me, it's too soon, so maybe Morrison will just get a shot on Smackdown!.

But anyway, I'm just tired of seeing Jeff in every single main event. It needs to be switched up, regardless of whether he leaves or stays.

By the way, to stay on topic, I think he didn't speak to sell his anger. That's about it.

I wouldnt think to much of it. Another worked shoot where Hardy was just selling his anger at Punk for bringing up his past yet again. If he was honestly angry or something they could have dubbed over it later or something so they would have edited anything out they didnt want us to see so I'm pretty sure it was a worked angle.

We'll see what happens this week.

I think it was good, Punk's insults really seemed likethey touched a nerve in Hardy's drug filled head (no offense to Jef or his fans). Or yeah maybe it was technical difficulties. Or the sheer size of Khali? But either I'm glad he didn't say anything, it really made Hardy look like he was upset about the whole druggy comments from Punk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back