• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why is it unlikly for Jarrett to be pinned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone find it 'least likely' that Jarrett will be pinned?

If he gets pinned, he's not ACTUALLY going to give up his votes for the TNA company! Its a storyline!

And because its a storyline, I hope that Jarrett loses! And I hope that its Foley that pins him!

I am really behind this whole 'Mick Foley is a loose cannon who makes up his own rules that benifit him' and because of that, I would like to see him pin Jarrett and then he would be able to go on and on for months about how he is the Power of TNA. He is the show runner. And he can prove it week after week.

AJ doesn't think its far that Mick put daniels in a handicap match against MEM? "How can you do that Mick?" AJ asks. "Easy! I'm the boss! I can make matches anyway I want. See, AJ, watch this. Im gonna make that match a no DQ match, and if you get involved, your FIRED!" Mick Replies.

I'd even let Jarrett take some time off. Relax, enjoy the summer.

Slamiversary Jarrett could come back and challenge Mick for the votes + Championship. Mick can then accept this. But Mick, being the boss, can say that it will be a hardcore match, or a cage match, hell TNA can make a new match concept along the lines of Hell in the Cell (and I don't mean Lethal Lockdown (altho they could, just no teams, the cage top already down))

OR Mick, being the boss can make up the changes on the fly. He gets pin cleaned, Jarrett wins, Mick gets on the mic: "Sorry Jeff, I forgot to mention that because this is a 'Mick Match' (or whatever they want to call it) Theres not going to be any pins.”

Jeff could win again and again, submission etc. but the rules always change to suit Mick.

When Mick wins, the Jarrett could edge Foley into the Hell in a Cell type match, telling Mick to ‘return home to what made him famous in the 1st place’ etc. Here, Jarrett would win back his votes and the TNA championship.

Now I’m not saying that I want to see Jarrett as champion. But I do strongly thing that THIS would be a long, storyline that would not only have current fans wondering what will happen next, but has the potential to keep the channel on TNA for the casual fans who watch it every once in a while, and I think that with word of mouth, new fans could start to watch.

I think that this storyline, if done right, is just what TNA needs to quiet all of the anti-TNA people out there.

If this was to take place, it would also allow MEM the chance to bring up newer talent! After all, wasn’t that the idea in the first place?

I completely agree with you. I think Foley is winning, and he'll either pin Jarrett for full power, or Angle to become the new Godfather of the MEM. Either way, they're going to advance this whole out of control/power abusing angle. They did a great job with the build up for this match, and I'm psyched about it.

I think Foley is winning, and he'll either pin Jarrett for full power, or Angle to become the new Godfather of the MEM.

Thanks for the support.

But why does everyone also think that if Angle gets pinned, the person that pins him will be the new Godfather/leader of MEM?

If someone pins Sting, do they become a new sting?

There's an interesting thing that happens i think in every scenario except Mick being pinned.
Sting: If Sting is pinned, Sting will retire. Then I think Steve Borden will become a TNA wrestler. Not Sting, but his human persona. I mean, until Mick was retiring the first go-round in WWE in 2000 he was never referred to as Mick Foley. So i see this as possible.

Kurt Angle: Two options. Whoever pins him becomes godfather. Or somebody like Scott Steiner becomes godfather. I am personally hoping for this to happen, and Angle has to go out on his own, and recruits Matt Morgan to be a dominating 2-man force. It could make for some great action for a pile of months and then when Angle returns to being a dick to Morgan, Morgan goes out on his own and we see an awesome Angle/Morgan feud.

Jeff Jarrett: The way it is being booked, I see this as the most likely option. It gives Mick Foley more power. In terms of the idea that Jarrett can take off the summer, think of it like this: (legit in the real world) His 3 daughters have no mother and are out of school soon, so Jarrett probably has to spend more time with them anyways unless they have sleep-a-way camp, so taking the summer off might not be bad for his family.

Thanks for the support.

But why does everyone also think that if Angle gets pinned, the person that pins him will be the new Godfather/leader of MEM?

I'm pretty sure THAT'S the stipulation for Angle. If someone pins him, they become the new leader of the Mafia. I'm 99% that's the case.

Thanks for the support.

If Foley get pinned he loses the title

If Jarrett gets pinned he loses his shares in TNA

If Sting gets pinned he retires

If Angle gets pinned he loses control of the MEM.

It stands to reason that if someone pins Angle they get his spot as GodFather . I'll let yo now how it goes down after the match is over.

I think its unlikely for jerret to be pinned because of all the others in the match! I think Sting will be pinned.... The very fact that right now he is just talking! If this was 10 years ago I'd say that Angle was getting pinned.... But sting is old and he should retire.... Pro wrestling is dangerous! but it gets more dangerous the older you get! you bones aren't as strong as they once were..........
Omg....
I started writing this before the ppv!
Its officially 10 years ago!

Without giving anything away for anyone

I think out of all of the possible scenerios....

I just finished reading the results on the main news site and I'm pretty sure NO ONE even thought of the outcome that happened.

Well done TNA! I'll be watching on Thursday to see how this plays out!

i think they should've made the match that in order to get into to the match in the first place you have to give up your item and whoever wins gets all 3 other things and keeps the thing they are giving up. with how tonite turned out it was a complete waste cause the tna world title didnt even change hands. it sucked. since sting won he should have gotten the tna world title, the god father position and jeffs voting power.

i think they should've made the match that in order to get into to the match in the first place you have to give up your item and whoever wins gets all 3 other things and keeps the thing they are giving up. with how tonite turned out it was a complete waste cause the tna world title didnt even change hands. it sucked. since sting won he should have gotten the tna world title, the god father position and jeffs voting power.

Thats a very interesting idea!

If they plan on going with an Angle/Sting plan, your idea still would have worked.

An can play if off he's pissed he didn't win, but at least the belt is with the MEM and now they even have the power over all of TNA. Sting can respond by saying, "actually, i gave the power back to Jeff Jarrett" Angle would then be PISSED that the MEM doesn't litterally hold all of the power.

Could work.

I read the results and I personally felt that the way it turned out is really kind of a lame way to go. I mean, I feel like the title should have still changed hands regardless like your traditional fatal four way match for a title with the added stip. The title could have basically represented an immunity thing to where that was the only thing the champ had to put up. I just feel like this outcome didn't REALLY help to advance much of anything new. It just keeps the same storylines from recent times cycled again with a minute twist on it. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back