• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why Does TNA Create Self-Made Spoilers With Early Release of PPV Posters?

DangerousDave

The dirtiest player in the game.
turning.jpg

I can't count how many times in the past that TNA has released a PPV poster early that gave away the results of an upcoming PPV. Now with the biggest PPV of the year on the horizon TNA early releases the poster for Turning Point giving away the biggest storyline of the year. Hogan agreed to the Aces & Eights leader's proposition: "If we win we get full access to the Impact Zone, if you win, we go away." Well guess who's winning at Bound for Glory? This shit really pisses me off, I've invested a lot of time in this gimmick and TNA themselves have ruined it for me. Bad enough the dirt sheets release spoilers, but when the company itself does it, its just plain stupid.

Ric-Flair.jpg

"I can't count how many times in the past that TNA has released a PPV poster early that gave away the results of an upcoming PPV. Now with the biggest PPV of the year on the horizon TNA early releases the poster for Turning Point giving away the biggest storyline of the year. Hogan agreed to the Aces & Eights leader's proposition: "If we win we get full access to the Impact Zone, if you win, we go away." Well guess who's winning at Bound for Glory? This shit really pisses me off, I've invested a lot of time in this gimmick and TNA themselves have ruined it for me. Bad enough the dirt sheets release spoilers, but when the company itself does it, its just plain stupid."

Here is a strange concept. Aces and 8's can be doing what heels do and lie. They can still lose and keep showing up.

Are you just now figuring out that Aces & Eights are gonna win at BFG from the poster? It's been plain obvious since the tag match was announced & Hogan agreed to the stip, that A&8's are gonna win at BFG. TNA haven't revealed the members of the group or the leader yet, they're saving the big reveal for BFG - they aren't gonna have A&8's lose at BFG and leave, dropping the storyline without revealing any answers. Anybody with a brain could've figured this out already.

Are you just now figuring out that Aces & Eights are gonna win at BFG from the poster? It's been plain obvious since the tag match was announced & Hogan agreed to the stip, that A&8's are gonna win at BFG. TNA haven't revealed the members of the group or the leader yet, they're saving the big reveal for BFG - they aren't gonna have A&8's lose at BFG and leave, dropping the storyline without revealing any answers. Anybody with a brain could've figured this out already.

I have a brain and figured they would win way before Hogans trip to the club house. It is obvious Aces & 8's will win, take over or create some sort of havoc since this is the best storyline TNA has had in ages. My point is why verify it by releasing the poster prior to BFG? How did it ruin it for me? Now all the face marks who thought TNA would win will know the outcome too. I love heels and riling up the face marks telling them how the heels are going to win.

My other point is they do this all the time. They release these posters before the story of the who will be in the main event of the next ppv has played out. Who needs a tournament that ends the week before a ppv when the winners are already on a poster that was released a month ago?

Ric-Flair.jpg

There is a certain onus that you, the viewer who is interested in the content, will try and avoid spoilers until you are done with the content that is "spoiled" by leaks, social media, wrestling journalists, and other assorted advertising. It is your responsibility to make sure you don't click the
TNA Hard Justice PPV Poster! links when leaks or releases like this do occur. As noted in the thread prior, there is also no guarantee that the poster will accurately portray what will happen.

Now if a wrestling organization were to outright show you a spoiler on a broadcast for any future event, then they have a problem that would usually require firing whatever PR or marketing schmuck thought that was a good idea.

I think TNA's investment in the angle is more than yours... to the point there is no way in hell A&8 are going anywhere.

The match stips themselves are almost redundant as you know there is going to be a reveal and only then does the angle really begin.

If this poster leaks, all it tells you what is already obvious by the amount of time and effort invested in the angle so far and the name of the PPV. The mystery will soon be revealed, as there is the back with head turning, implying that A&8 are going to be revealing themselves/this show is the turning point for the next year.

How that is a "spoiler" is beyond me, there is no way A&8 would just "disappear".

I think in this day and age if you have any interest in spoilers or inside info, you're going to find it, and when the "spoiler" is major faction we have been building up will still be here next month, that's not much of a spoiler at all. But if even that is too much for you, stay away from the internet. Problem solved.

As an aside, is it just me, or was it painfully obvious even with the distorted voice and the back to that the leader of Aces and Eights was Bischoff?

Being that Aces and Eights are heels and have never played by the rules, I don't think this matters. They can loose at Bound For Glory, and still show up on TNA TV. Nothing has stopped them as of now. I don't think this is a spoiler at all.

it's not just this poster, but other posters in the past have been the same.

Destination X 2012 poster with Austin Aries on it was released well in advance of Austin Aries cashing in his X division title for a heavyweight title shot and main event at Destination X.

Victory Road 2012 poster with Sting on it was released in advance of Sting being announced to face Bobby Roode.

this type of thing has been going on for awhile now, sometimes 2-3 months in advance.

although the poster isn't always telling. the Sacrifice 2012 poster was released in advance with Rob Terry on it, but he wasn't even on the PPV.

It is a unfortunate necessity that every wrestling promotion is required to create posters for PPVs months ahead of time. WWE spoils the outcomes of their PPVs, also. You can usually tell who is going to win in any monthly Pay Per View, by looking at who is on the poster for the next one. I'm not even sure why you singled out TNA in the original post. This is an industry wide problem.

This isn't a bad deal at this point. Posters like this has been done multiple times in the past like previous responses said. I highly doubt that the A&8's will end at BFG, regardless if they win or lose. Don't let something like this ruin the suspense for you.

I tried to get passed the fact that you thought anyone believed Aces and 8s was going away before the PPV after BFG but I couldn't. Furthermore, as others have stated there are plenty of plausible scenarios that they don't have to win at BFG.

Interesting note: I don't think I have ever seen a PPV poster outside of this message board. Follow up note: speculation on story lines based on posters has been around for a long time in any company.

i'm usually one to burn TNA, but WWE does the same thing and WWE goes one step further by advertising upcoming events and PPV's well in advance so they can sell tickets specially the tours where they say A vs B for a title yet the months b4 hand they are pushing that the champ is fighting someone else and may not even be the champion by that point. Rock vs Cena or Rock vs Punk anyone?

For instance the Australian tour 6 months in advance they were advertising Cena vs Big show with Laurinitis in his corner and this was while they were doing the whole fued on TV where Johnny was gonna lose his job well b4 the tour.

or the pre-release poster of Night of Champions or Hell in a Cell which clearly showed Punk as champ and defending yet they are pushing that he's in jeopardy of losing well b4 that point :)

and lastly you have social media spoiler sites that release information well b4 it airs much like WCW was doing to WWF a few hours in advanced but that backfired on them. and storylines dont take much common sense to reaslise what direction they are heading they aren't exactly plans of a genius and in the least bit innovative you can see them coming a mile away because it's all be done b4.

Aces and Eights it would make no sense for them to lose at the first PPV they are involved in cause that would make the preceding months a complete waste of time, oh wait, this is a TNA PPV we are talking about isn't it :)

I'm pretty sure that TNA release these posters because the PPV distributors ie the cable companies demand a poster for the PPV so they can start their marketing of it.

By far the biggest they have ever spoiled a ppv was BFG 2010.
The poster featuring Anderson angle and Hardy was on their website weeks before the match was ever in discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back