Why do fans want to see young wrestlers being pushed to the moon so fast?

Crush1

Getting Noticed By Management
I've seen it a milion times, a new wrestler debuted and we immediately say that he will become the next world champion or whatever. What happened to the old days when wrestlers had to work for 3-4 years like Edge to become a major world champion. When the WWE gives wrestlers a major push it always backfires doesn't it? just look at Kennedy, CM Punk, Morrison, Kozlov. First major Champs or contenders and now... well... in the mid-card. The WWE needs to stop pushing these guys so fast or else their talent will go to waste. Its hard as it is to find new really good wrestlers. I am for the old aproach. That means that these wrestlers need to build up slowly and after a couple of years become champions.

Now then feel free to discuss!

I'd have to agree with you.

One thing though, out of the 4 guys you've mentioned, only one of them has been champion and that's Punk. You could say 'Morrisson was ECW champ' but a) do you really consider that a World title? and b) Morrisson has been with WWE since 2004 so he's had his 3-4 years as it were.

Also, in Edge's case, he debuted in like 97-98 and didn't win the title til '06, so he DEFINITELY paid his dues before becoming champ. The only difference between him and someone like Austin or Foley, was that he spent those 8-9 years with the same promotion.

I think that some people want the new guys to rise so quickly, because we mark out for those particular guys for some reason in particualr, from the moment we see them, and then want to see them holding the title, fueding with the other top guys, in 20 minute ME matches instead of just having 5 minute matches on Raw with no-names, or 15 minute matches on SD, except you miss at least half the match due to adverts.

I for one, have always loved the Kennedy gimmick, and truly wanted to see him win the title at WM24, but it never materialised. Seems as though that was a good thing now, not because i think his abilities have dropped, but because what with his suspension and injuries, i myself need to be convinced (as i'm sure Vince and the others need to be) that he isn't going to be given the belt and then fall flat on his face immediately, which is why they drew out the Hardy title win for so long in my book, because they needed to be sure. If i was gonna give him the title, i'd have waited 'til WM next year. I'd want a guy on his 3rd strike to be clean for a whole year before i put my faith in him being my top dog, but hey, that's not my decision to make.

Secondly, i think it's because we've seen a number of guys who have appeared out of nowhere and become the champion and have very successful runs as talent afterward, maybe not as the champ, but in the upper-mid card anyway. Here's some examples:

-Undertaker won the WWF title within 12 months of his debut with the company. He's now an 18 year ME veteran with WWE alone and is one of the only 2 wrestlers to still be one of WWE's top draws since they started with Raw and everything that followed.

(There's probably someone you could list between these two guys, but i can't think of him so.....)

-Kurt Angle won the WWE title about 10-11 months into his rookie year with WWE, and had won every other accolade he could win in that space as well (except tag champ), which is something neither Taker or HBK had achieved.

-Brock Lesnar won the WWE title in roughly 6 months of debuting. He was still undefeated at that point as well! He then won the title another 2 times (maybe 3, i can't remember) before deciding to jack in pro-wrestling and try football. So, Lesnar is a good example of a guy not to push to the moon straight away.

-Randy Orton is a guy who actually meets your requirement for a guy who got pushed quickly, but not too quickly. If i recall, Orton first appeared on WWE TV in late 2002, and then started his Legend Killer/Evolution run in early '03 and was the youngest champ ever by Summerslam of 2004. So that's just under 2 years. 4 years later, he's still on WWE TV, as one of the biggest draws on Raw right now, because the fans see him as an anti-hero, whether intentional or not.

IMO, guys like Koslov, Swagger, R-Truth etc should debut, have a few squashes to get them recognised, then have a fued with an established talent, ie Rey Mysterio or JBL or Kane, and then work them up to their gimmick match fueds against guys like Jericho and Taker and then give them a title run, and if they get over, then you know they're probably on the verge of being ready to stay in the upper-mid card.

That's why i felt Kennedy was ready. He'd started beating nobodies, then he beat Hardcore Holly a couple of times, then he beat Booker T, and then he started beating more and more former champions. Had a decent fued with The Undertaker, and then got a World title match against Batista, and everyone wanted him to win. Then he won MITB and the crowd popped, and then he fell and never got back up again.

Kofi Kingston, Morrisson, Shelton etc are examples of guys who just needs a decent fued on their own to help then stand out, and rise above and if successful, stay in the upper-mid card/ME tiers. I honestly think the only reason Shelton is still employed, is because eveytime he wrestles at WM he steels the spotlight from everyone else, but the other 364 days of the year, he just coasts through.

Anyway, i agree with what you said Dragon, and that's just why i think we all get push happy when someone new comes on the scene.

Why do some fans? Because those fans aren't very smart. And really, that's the only explanation.

VERY rarely is there a wrestler who is good enough to work in the main-event after just debuting. The reason people want that is because people are desperate to show other fans how "smart" they are to the business, and how they can see talent others can't. It's for their own egos that makes them say ridiculous things like Kofi Kingston for World Champion. Just because they want to be on the ground floor of the Kofi Kingston fan club, and say they supported him before everyone else did.

Of course, when they become champion, and everyone else likes them, then those original fans can't stand him, claim he's different/sucks, and backs someone else.

Basically, to answer your question; stupidity.

I get what you are saying, but I don't think that most fans want anyone pushed "to the moon" at lightning speed. When a young guy comes along who has a shitload of charisma and obvious all around talent, I think it's natural for fans to get on board. Personally, when I come across fresh talent that I like, I get excited to see them perform. I want to see as much of them as I can. That doesn't mean that I think or even want them to become a world champion 3 months into their career. I believe that some people confuse the desire to see a wrestler with the desire to a wrestler pushed.

VERY rarely is there a wrestler who is good enough to work in the main-event after just debuting. The reason people want that is because people are desperate to show other fans how "smart" they are to the business, and how they can see talent others can't. It's for their own egos that makes them say ridiculous things like Kofi Kingston for World Champion. Just because they want to be on the ground floor of the Kofi Kingston fan club, and say they supported him before everyone else did.

Of course, when they become champion, and everyone else likes them, then those original fans can't stand him, claim he's different/sucks, and backs someone else.

This is a tremendously poignant response. Yes, Sly and I AGREE here. You see the same shit in music. A fan of an "underground band" sees some sort of hidden talent because a member of the band comes out after their set to sign merch and actually pretends to give a shit about that young fans' opinion and admiration. So, that fan turns around and wears that shirt twice per week, tells everyone how great this "underground" band is and how f-ed up the music biz is because this band "hasn't made it" yet, etc.

Then, when the band has a hit and blows up, they become sell-outs, and they draw the ire of those starstuck, egotistical early adapter fans because the band has now "forgotten where they came from."

I had that with Chris Jericho. I adapted him two weeks into his WCW stint as my favorite wrestler of all time, and always damned WCW and Goldberg for holding down the Ayatollah.

Then he became champ. I went wild. And the result?

Meh. He was ok.

Still my favorite wrestler, but as a champion? Not bad, but not great.

I have also discussed in prior threads the deterioration of the wrestling fan's attention span with storylines. The same holds true with wanting to see rookies pushed to the moon. Instant gratification, baby. I want it fast, I want it now. Constant stimulation, even if it makes no sense.

I can't give you one example of a rookie (1-2 years in) who is deserving of a major title push. Not Kozlov, Swagger, Kingston, etc. The closest one to being "ready" is Morrison, and he's still a couple years away. And don't even get me started on Kennedy.

Why do some fans? Because those fans aren't very smart. And really, that's the only explanation.

Basically, to answer your question; stupidity.

Totally agree. It all revolves around stupidity. Now, I'm not the type of person that thinks "if you criticize the WWE, you're stupid, because you're not supposed to know the insider stuff". I don't think every fan should just cheer Cena because the WWE wants them to, and boo Orton because he's the heel, and so forth. But there are far too many people that want to set up new cliques when it comes to fan admiration of a particular wrestler.

As Sly and Irish say in their posts, the trend is to like someone when nobody else does, and then when that person catches on, to say "____ wasn't really ever that good". IC's mention of "instant gratification" is exactly what it is. These are the fans that have absolutely zero patience when it comes to what they like. How many people recently have tried saying Jack Swagger and Evan Bourne should win the ECW title? That title is supposed to be one step above the US/IC belts and one step below the WWE/WHC...and people want rookies to hold it.

What's amazing is that these people are usually the first ones to go on a giant rant about how the midcard titles don't mean anything anymore. Well no shit, its because you want everyone to win the main title and not the midcard ones. I'm a fan of Evan Bourne. I think the guy's got a lot of talent and if he plays his cards right, he'll be the next Rey Mysterio, except better. He's only been here a little while and the fans love watching him. But he's young. He would fit so, so well as Intercontinental champion that its almost disgusting how perfect of a fit it would be lol. Wouldn't you like to see Bourne versus Kendrick for the IC title to help build some credibility to it? And about Jack Swagger, I'm not as impressed with him as others are, but in a handful of months, I could see him being United States champion successfully.

And then there are those upper midcarders that are just borderline into the main event. Some of them have already been through the slow-build method and it has worked. Jeff Hardy became a tag team champion several times, eventually broke out into the midcard, won a few of those titles, and now he's become the WWE champion. Would the fan base have been as big as it is right now if Jeff would've been given a hotshot title reign when he was 18? No. John Morrison won tag titles, midcard titles, and the ECW title, and he hit a bit of a rough patch, but he's come back from it much better than before. If the WWE gave Morrison a world title right now, I think it would be a little premature as he's not being built up to it in a solid fashion, but as I've been saying for a long while now, he seems to be the most likely candidate to win the Money in the Bank this year. This means that they start pushing him into the upper midcard/main event scene with some solid feuds and then BAM, world champion with a cash-in. And you know what? That slow build will have helped him.

Its so annoying when people complain about the midcard and tag team divisions lacking credibility, but then they say everybody should either be a jobber or a main event star. What's so wrong with Gregory Helms being in the midcard right now? Was he really that over with the fans and that tremendously talented that he deserves a world championship right off the bat from a year long absence? Why can't Kofi Kingston stay in the midcard for another year or two before he breaks into the main event? Why do people want Ted DiBiase to win the Royal Rumble and the WWE/WHC titles when he hasn't even had a singles IC/US title reign and he's still so young?

Patience. While its stupid to waste someone who could be a main event superstar by having them only beat Jimmy Wang Yang 24/7, its foolish to grab some rookie and throw the top championship on him just because you're a fan.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to watch new blood, but it is a bit ridiculous to insinuate that a rookie should be in the main event. However, on the flipside, it's just as ridiculous for someone to be holding onto their spot well past the time they should be holding it. Fresh blood keeps the product, fresh.

Wrestling is the same now as it always has been. It's a male soap opera. The same storylines are refreshed, something you saw a long time ago, is probably the same thing you see now. What keeps wrestling interesting, the change of faces. When you see the same guys go at it in the same type of story a dozen times or so, you get bored with it. When you switch the characters, you can keep the storys the same, that is what new, young blood gives you.

Again, it's ridiculous to think that a new guy should be in the main event, it has rarely worked in history. The two most successful guys were Brock Lesnar and Kurt angle, and they had an extensive background in amateur wrestling that allowed for that success in the professional ranks. Nothing wrong with wanting new guys at least getting a shot.

I'm with Sly and IC as well, but more with IC about the attention span.

In today's wrestling setting you have 5 hours of WWE programming alone per week, which is jumping to 6 in a few months. This is just on free tv and not counting PPVs. People get more exposure a lot faster now and somehow people translate this the idea that they're ready for the main event. Sure once in a blue moon you get someone like Lesnar or Angle, but they're very rare, and now I think people want to find the next one of them.

The people that make these claims need to understand the difference between potential and talent. Could Morrison, Kingston or Kozlov be the future of the company? Maybe in 2-3 years they could be, but right now they're kids. People talk about how great Morrison's ECW title reign was, but it was like evry other ECW reign: average. Morrison is a great talent, but he's not ready to carry the company yet. Everyone is looking for the stunning upset win to put someone over the top and launch them into the main event, but it's not going to happen for one simple reason: it wouldn't make sense.

That's what is missing from wrestling fans' minds today: logic. When Jeff won the title finally it was an epic moment because it had been built up. We had watched Jeff grow up in front of our eyes and we had connected with his character. Had he won the title 6 years ago when he fought the Undertaker in the ladder match, it would have been shocking, but it wouldn't have made sense. That was jeff's first time in the main event and he wasn't ready. Now he is because he's gone from the bottom of the ladder up to the top of it. Fans need to learn that this is always the best way, with a very low number of exceptions.

I think most wrestling fans with any common sense see wrestlers come out with talent and charisma and want them to succeed. There are a lot of wrestlers out there that are coming up through the ranks who will fill out the card, perhaps not this year, not next year, but in five years from now. The roster will be filled with DiBiases, Ortons, Neidharts, Smiths, Burchills, Colons and many more. These are thye up and coming, some future world champions right here. Fans are just getting excited for that time too early. It just needs to naturally progress.

Its not that we want young guys to be pushed to fast
its that we dont want the same guys in teh ME and we need some new faces in there

to me HHH is boring and needs to steep down 50% on his TV time and give others a chance

we dont want everyone to be pushed to fast we just wanna see the young stars in the ring wrestling every week

Boredom.
Fans these days get bored with wrestling quicker than fans did back in the day (before the attitude era). Fans are always looking for something fresh, something new. If you keep the same two to five people in the main event, fans will get bored and essentialy cheer for the up-and-comer.

Fans also always want to be right, as does everybody in society. That's why we predict things. So when a new wrestler debuts, fans will cheer for him/her, claim to be a big fan, and hope this person becomes the face of the company. Because, if this person does succeed, the fan will credit him/her self with being able to tell from the get-go that this wrestler was going to be good.

I think there is little wrong with claiming that the debutee will be the next world champion -- theoretically, he has the same chance everyone else does, all that he has to do is work really, really hard. There's little that can be done about the jumping on the bandwagon stuff, as the mob mentality is always quick to grab hold of those who are simple minded. And today's average wrestling fan most definitely is simple minded. I won't lie and will admit that I was once an average wrestling fan. But I grew up, my tastes and understanding evolved and I became cautious with making wild claims and jumping onto any bandwagon simply because I began to understand how things worked, and the business/political end of the wrestling industry (call it "insider stuff" if you must, but it does help an awful lot and does explain an awful lot sometimes).

I think that is the most important thing for a wrestling fan to do: evolve. And to keep in mind the reality of the situation and the business, even if they are the biggest mark of the debuting worker. Sly and IC definitely hit the nail on the head, and here I reverberate their points: the average fan is bored, has no patience and is downright ignorant of the realities of the business.

But does that mean that the claim or desire for a new guy to be pushed is irrelevant? I would say no. The fan, average or not, plays an important and instrumental part in the success or failure of a wrestler. A fresh face, a new character, a new approach to something old is always exciting. Always. Also, there are many factors that play a role in the push of a rookie as well. For some the "to the moon" approach works, and for some it backfires horribly. I think it all depends on the worker's ability to connect with the fans and maintain himself and dedicate himself. It may take years to develop the in-ring skills and fan base necessary for a proper push and title runs. Or it may all be a great streak of luck and great fortune.

Every wrestler is different, and every wrestler will climb the ladder to success differently. For my end, I've rarely claimed that "here is the future of the WWE, and the answer to all our problems" about anyone (as of late). I acknowledge a skilled worker and give them praise and credit when it is due, otherwise I try my best to maintain a silence and just watch what happens as it unfolds. A Main Eventer can be born and can happen almost at any time, with the most unlikely of a worker. Given the right environment, opposition and chance, magic can happen. Look at Austin. Look at Rocky. Look at Cena (arguably), Undertaker, Lesnar.

However, how fans react is almost always unpredictable. We're a fickle lot, we are. We love a guy one day and hate him the next, only to love him again the following week. The wrestling fan very rarely knows what s/he wants, and those that do either grin and bear the current story lines etc or turn elsewhere to find it. And I think the WWE has realized that pushing new guys to the moon has its disadvantages, and has slowed down on doing so. Of course the reign of Punk as WHC comes to mind, but can we fault the WWE for trying something new?

One can never please everyone all the time. Let the people make their claims. The future will prove them right or wrong, and if they are true fans, they'll stick with "their boy" through the thick and thin and make no excuses for his lows or force his highs down everyone's throats.

Doesn't that sound nice? :p

As I've discovered, there is no winning with fans anywhere. If companies take their time and use a slow build up for guys, all that follows is bitching that their superstar isn't being used the way they want (Morrison, Hardy). Those that get the fast push have the problem that they get a backlash when it fails (Punk). Then, whenever a star is pushed fast and hard, there is the complaint that it was too soon, that they're fed up with having guys 'stuffed down their throats' (Cena, Lesnar).

Fans want their guy to be on top, bottom line. If it isn't theirs, it's not gonna fly, no matter how poor the guy may be when he actually makes it. As for the likes of Cena... I feel a lot of hatred towards these guys is resentment that they can sell unlike the spot wrestlers (that and fear of being told they're wrong for liking them)

Somebody talked about credentials, well this isn't UFC so that means nothing.

Wrestlers are made of gimmicks and if a gimmick doesn't work, well you may be as talent as everyone says you are but you wont go anywhere, in the other hand somebody like Kennedy with only a "catch phrase" and nothing special inside the ring is making half IWC mark out.

And why? Because WWE hasn't somebody with his "skills" on the micro, well that doesn't mean anything too, because if you only need to say your name over and over again and you will get over, then I don't think you need to be honored being the top man on the company, is like every Triple H match, it's the same routine but no one gets tired at least in the crowd.

Other thing, as I said credentials dont mean anything, unfortunately, I would like that somebody like Low Ki could enter on a WWE ring and being announced as a former TNA Champion or so, because it adds something to his character, and doesn't mean that WWE will lose fans, not as TNA is working at this time.

If you "sold" wrestlers with their accomplishments and not faking them all the time, then it would be fair enough to most of the wrestlers that enter a company, they would be pushed considering what they have done, Lesnar was "pushed" to the moon on UFC and he proved he could handle it, I think that is a factor that Wrestling in General need to add to the game.

I think that the fans today want to see something new. And they are bored with the old. Remember the reign of Cena? How long did that last and people were getting fed up with him. They have seen alot of gimmicks, they have seen probably every type of match you can have. They also got to think that some day the wrestlers are getting older and they have to be replaced. They have created the new

This pushing new guys trend is seemingly getting worse also. Consider this:-

Vladimir Kozlov's PPV debut was for the WWE Championship after wrestling on the main roster consistently for about 6 months.

2 months later, Jack Swagger's PPV debut will feature him defending the ECW title after wrestling on ECW for (roughly) about 4 months

At this rate, maybe by Judgment Day, Low Ki will have debuted and become a triple crown champ by the time he debuts on PPV after a 2 1/2 months.

HA ha so true. I don't know why they want them to be pushed so fast. As some one stated above maybe they do get bored. They might get bored of the HHH 3 reigns every 2 years or maybe they get bored with CEna holding the title for the year. Oh wait my favourite maybe they get bored because Batista has a shot at every single PPV .

If i saw this like all the time i would get bored as well. But sometimes it needs to be done. Like having Jack Swagger and Koslov debut it title matchs at there first PPV shouldn't happen twice or three times a year. It should happen once every 5 years. I don't know but they don't need to push anyone esle that i have seen and i am actually wanting them to keep it the same for a while.

I can't speak for everybody but I will speak for the hardcore wrestling fans. Its not that we want to see the young stars shoot for the moon fast, we just want to see them being used probably. The only young stars I see being used are Miz, Morrison, Rhoodes, and Debasis. I don't really watcth Ecw but the new champ was on smackdowns last night and he looks like he can go far in this business. The rest of the young stars are on the indy scene and have yet make it to the big time.

A great thread here. This is one of the main problems with the WWE today. First and foremost, I blame the WWE fans. Their attention spans are so damn short, and it's because of those unpatient fans that talent is pushed too soon and too fast. Klunderbunker used Jeff Hardy as an example of a guy who wasn't pushed too soon, and quite frankly, I must admit that his push to the top was brilliant to say the least. When he won the WWE Championship at Armageddon, nobody expected him to win it and the crowd was amazed that Jeff had finally won the big one. And because of his great slow but steady push to the top, Jeff Hardy stands in the WWE as a legitimate main eventer today.

Then you have a guy of the name of Vladimir Kozlov. He did nothing for many months after his debut except beating jobbers each week. Then out of nowhere, he suddenly wants competition and is pushed to the main event where he faced guys like Triple H, Jeff Hardy and The Undertaker. He lost his pay per view debut, and he showed that he wasn't ready to be in a main event match yet. Sure, the smarks will defend him saying that the match sucked so the Edge interference was going to be shocking and interesting, but even if Edge hasn't interfered, I'm willing to bet that the match between HHH and Kozlov still would have been pretty terrible. In my opinion, it was the worst WWE Championship match of 2008.

Brock Lesnar, Goldberg and Kurt Angle were pushed too soon and too fast and they were all given a World Title reign in a short amount of time after their debut. And guess which one of them is still with the company today? None of them. Then you look at John Cena, Edge and Randy Orton and you can see that their slow but steady pushes turned out to benefit them greatly. Those 3 are the top names in the company today. You can even add Batista to that list. And yes, I am aware that Orton won the title 2 years after his debut, and it didn't benefit him at all. He was then doing nothing in the mid-card for a number of months before getting into big feuds again with guys like the Undertaker. However, it wasn't until 2007 where he was finally given a proper WWE Championship reign that happened to be one of the best in recent years.

Then just last week, people were crying out loud for a Jack Swagger ECW Championship reign. And they got what they wanted. Now, if Jack Swagger is released by the WWE in the next couple years, I won't be suprised and I can officially say that they pushed him too soon and too fast. Seriously, the guy is basically considered a "World Champion" by the WWE and he debuted only 4 months ago! I wanted him to get a slow and steady push to the ECW Title, because the guy has his entire WWE career ahead of him, so what's the rush?

So the reason why fans want to see new main eventers is because they do want to see new faces, which I can sympathise with. But they need to be patient, otherwise their "heroes" will get released due to having nothing to do, mainly because he was pushed too soon and much too fast. We all know that guys like John Morrison, MVP, Mr Kennedy and CM Punk have the word "future" written all over them, but I want what's best for them in the long run, and that is a slow but steady push to the top. It's why John Cena and Batista were a success.

Brock Lesnar, Goldberg and Kurt Angle were pushed too soon and too fast and they were all given a World Title reign in a short amount of time after their debut. And guess which one of them is still with the company today? None of them. Then you look at John Cena, Edge and Randy Orton and you can see that their slow but steady pushes turned out to benefit them greatly.

You've got two people here who contrast hugely when put into the context of which you're on about.

Brock Lesnar, was pushed to the moon within 5 months I believe when he won his first title. He was loved by the fans, while hugely inexperienced in the ring, he was good enough to win the fans over. Great, great athleticism and he really was a master of his particular style. However, he didn't love professional wrestling. Sure, he enjoyed it, but he never loved it enough to continue. He preffers UFC. He preffers to actually fight. His body was getting completly fucked, and he would still work. The schedule caught up with him, and therefore he fell out of love with it. If he wrestled on a reuduced schedule like Shawn Michalels, who knows, he may still be in the WWE right now.

Then you have John Cena, the opposite in regards to the love of the business. He lives & breathes WWE, and professional wrestling. He loves it. You won't see him asking for time off, because being away from the ring kills him. When injured, he didn't care about having more time away from the business, he wanted to get back as quickly as possible. That may catch up with him in the long term, but he still loves the WWE as much as he can. Maybe he isn't as accomplished in the ring as many, but he's still loved. Hated, sure, but still loved and adored by millions. He may have been pushed more slowly than Lesnar, but at the end of the day, if he HAD been pushed within 5 months he would STILL be with the WWE today because he loves the business. He doesn't care about the schedule, he cares about his passion.

I think the new guys need to show up, and instead of immediately being thrown into a main event match that they have no chance of winning, they should be built up more and be given a chance to shine. That way when they have their big shot you know they might have a chance in hell to win. And after that they should stay in the title picture instead of randomly fighting jobbers and getting in pointless fueds. The problem is that when they get their chance, the WWE has nothing for them and dumps them. But many of these young guys have the talent, and they get better when they're in the main event area, not the low-card.

Fans usually want to see the new stars pummel there way to the top so quickly because they like that wrestler, for whatever reason. Obviously, that hinders the way the buisness should be run, because nobody will pay to see an unestablished star and that superstar probably doesn't deserve that big of a push so fast anyhow. Fans like that just want to express to others how "smart" they are to the buisness, thus thinking young guy a is better than main eventer a in terms of in-ring/wrestling ability and want to see them pushed soon.

I think the reason some fans want to see new wrestler's shot to the moon is because they are afraid of what wrestling will be like in the future when global warming fries the earth and kills all the wrestlers. But seriously I just agree with most of what has been covered so far for this topic. Refering to what many others have said, new wrestlers NEED to be challenged for a number of years, not just thrown at a title shot. If WWE continues to elevate wrestlers to the top, too quickly, because they want to please the fans, it will only hurt wrestling in the future when the main event wrestler's of today are retired, Triple H, Undertaker, HBK. To be honest, I do not think WWE lives up to what it used to be, thats just my opinion but even polls show the popularity of WWE sinking. Basically what im saying is i'm afraid that this will continue to progress in the future, and while I believe that wrestling does not live up to its past, i can only worry that it will be even worse in the future, with the new young wrestlers of today not gaining the expericence they need to be main eventer's in the future.

In the end, I think it comes down to today's generation of fans are just impatient and want to see new things and new superstars and it's the 'smark's I suppose who think they know talent when they see it like people saying The Brian Kendrick should have won the championship in the scramble.

Only problem is that these new guys just aren't ready and just aren't good enough to be pushed to the moon straight away. I see people on here who practically ride all over TBK's dick like he's some sort of God and should be WWE Champion. To that, I say get real. Did anyone HONESTLY expect him to win that stupid scramble match?

Superstars should not be pushed to the moon straight away and this can relate to the other thread about WWE needing a new Goldberg, well they could use one, but only if they don't have him demolish some guys and then start fueding with Cena otherwise he'll end up like The Great Khali and Umaga. Shit man, some people just have to learn to wait and watch characters develop for a while.

You need to have these new stars develop their character for a while, maybe fued with some other mid carder's, maybe grab the US/IC or tag titles with someone else for a while, build yourself up there and then slowly work your way into the main event scene, not talking about going straight up one on one with Cena at WrestleMania but like the scramble matches are good opportunities and the EC coming up are great opportunities for younger guys to get some exposure to learn what the main event scene is like and for them to strive harder to become better.

Simply, just learn to have some patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back