Why Come Back Batista?

timmy872

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok...

Batista has been injured about three times in his career to an off the road extent.
Batista has already said that he is not going to be around much longer.
Batista has had to relinquish the title TWICE because of injury.

Kennedy was cursed, whenever anything good happened, he was injured.
Could Batista be somewhat the same?

There are other people who are on the way up on RAW; MVP, The Miz, Santino, Carito, Rhoads, DiBiase. Who are waiting for an oppotunity to be thrust into the main event light.

On to the Batista hating;
Ok, Batista is somewhat annoying, he is a musclehead with a smaller portion of talent than most of those up and commers. I don't like that he is given the title at all to be honest. I don't think that he should of got the original push he got with Evolution. But hey, whats the point of arguing that now, its too late.

I am not suggesting this because I hate Batista, I really genuinely think that there is NO point in Batista returning. He seems to be a big draw, but I don't see that much in his future. Which is ironic because Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker I can't wait to see return to the ring, they have something special a life long draw to them, Batista is and its hard for anyone to disagree on this, a flash in the pan.

Do you think that Batista should return?

Thoughts..?

He should return, but he needs to carefully look at both his training and in-ring style.

I agree with you about the injuries. Something is making him injury prone. I don't know whether he is juicing or if he's just getting old, but when you keep getting hurt, you're doing something wrong.

He will come back. Regardless of how some might feel, he does draw. I don't think WWE is in a position to lose him right now.

The question is: How many times can you put a title on a guy who keeps getting hurt?

He's not dependable. He has to address the injuries. A time will come when the company will stop pushing him because of lack of faith.

From a business standpoint, he should come back. Wrestling wise, meh.

Batista has been in the business alot longer than Kennedy has, so it shows that he does have staying power. Kenney was hurt several times AND caught a wellnes violation in only a couple years.

If you're gonna base treatment on injuries alone, keep in mind, the Undertaker's been injured almost once a year for the last 3 or 4 years

There are other people who are on the way up on RAW; MVP, The Miz, Santino, Carito, Rhoads, DiBiase. Who are waiting for an oppotunity to be thrust into the main event light.

On to the Batista hating;
Ok, Batista is somewhat annoying, he is a musclehead with a smaller portion of talent than most of those up and commers.
I'm sorry, I quit reading here. Which one of those guys has more talent than Batista? Because when I watch Raw not a ONE of them make me care more than Batista does.

Do some of those guys have POTENTIAL? Sure, I guess so. But potential has fuck all to do with quality. Batista is quality, those guys aren't.

So why does Batista come back? Because he's damn good, sells tickets and makes people care about him.

Look at HHH, hes been wrestling since the mid 90's, hes been injured seriously twice with torn quadriceps, and the reason why he was off screen briefly in 2005 was due to neck problems, yet hes slightly younger by Batista, and Hunter's been in more dangerous match types, HIAC, Elimination Chamber, Cage, etc.

Thing is when you look at 'Taker and HBK, they've been wrestling for 20 years and still going, they have more of an appeal to themselves though because they've earnt it. Batista is over-rated plain and simple, but hes a draw for the younger viewers. His injuries only occur now and then though, unlike Kennedy who was incredibly cursed with injuries that he never had the chance to establish himself to his full potential unlike guys like Jeff, Cena, Punk, Edge etc. who have only either never been injured, or have been but have always had enough time in the spotlight to have the title dropped (if they were infact a champ at the time of injury) so they could go and have surgery or heel or both and return in a huge way and then have a lengthy time in the main event or be put in a huge feud with or without a title.

Batista however winning the title was the worst decision for Extreme Rules, not only because he doesnt deserve it and Orton has more talent in his right pinky than Dave does in his entire body, but also because of the fact that they were aware of his injury beforehand but I guess they werent sure how severe it was. The only good that came out of Raw last week was Legacy being put over as heels by assaulting Batista, and Hunter returning at the end of the night.

Batista's injuries should not force him to walk away from the business. You are a professional wrestler... you have to be prepared for injuries. No matter what sport you are a part of, you need to know that there is always a chance of injury. I can agree with the fact that Batista has a tendency to have more serious injuries han others and require several months of rehabilitation. Every injury that Batista gets, he trains harder and harder to come back stronger than ever. And every time he returns from an injury, he is sure to make a giant return. So, to answer your question, I say Batista should and will return whether it is the best decision for him or not (health-wise). I really doubt that Batista will allow an injury to end his career, thought I might be wrong.

:wcw: If batista never stepped foot in the ring again i would not care. Fact of the matter is, he sells merchandise, and makes vince money, therefore he is not going anywhere. i can maybe think of 2 good matches hes been in, HIAC with Hunter, and the WM ME with undertaker. Other than that, he just isnt that appealing. No matter what us fans say in these forums it wont be heard. When batista is healed he will be back, and unfortuanetly there is nothing we can do about it.

Batista is not that bad. Isn't getting hurt something that could happen anytime to anyone? By the time I was a fan, HBK had been gone forever from retirement/injury/whatever. When he came back on TV, I thought he had no chance against guys who had been working and jobbing for the whole time Shawn was out. But damn, HBK is HOT since he came back! How come Batista is considered washed up so early? If he took months or even years to heal, wouldn't he still be the animal? Flair's a damn dinosaur, but the young kids who only know him as an old fart still love him like crazy. Arenas go wild for him, and I think they will for Batista also.

When Batista comes back, he should work a few house shows to make sure nothing is going to tear. All the time they invested in Batista's return, and he gets hurt a mere two months later. I don't hate Batista, I'm just a little sick of the silver spoon being placed in his mouth simply because he's a gigantic musclehead. Give him a role like John Cena's current role. Not in the title picture, but still drawing fans and what not. Give him a few months, and wait and see if he's healthy enough to hold another title.

On one of my recent posts, I lashed out on Batista and I'm sorry for that, I was just upset like any fan.

I could care less if he came back. Batista is one of the most overrated guys on the roster. He was good back in Evolution but ever since he turned face he's been annoying. If he comes back he should be placed in the mid card(even though it won't happen) so that way WHEN he gets injured again it won't be as big of a blow for the WWE as it was when he won the WWE title. I still can't believe that gave him the belt knowing he was injured.

I think the problem most people have with Batista is that he's got no technical skill that we've really seen. Yes, he's got his power moves that he hits in every single match, in pretty much the same order, every match. But aside from that, his arsenal consists of punches and kicks. I understand that being the juiced-up, musclebound, scary thing that he is kind of puts him in the stereotypical role of being nothing but a powerhouse, but still, basically he's John Cena in a different body.

John Cena's matches:

Punching, Kicking
Opponent punching, kicking, doing other moves
Punching, Kicking
Body Slam
Running Shoulder Block
Five-knuckle Shuffle
F-U (Attitude Adjustment is just a stupid name.)
STF/STFU (The PG rating just fucked his whole gimmick.)
Opponent taps out.

Batista's match:

Punching, Kicking, Clotheslines
Opponent's stuff
Repeat line 1
Spear
Shake the ropes
Batista Bomb
3 count.

These guys may have technical skill hitherto unseen, but from the looks of things, they were hired solely for muscles. And John Cena does have passable mic skills.

I don't understand where all the Batista hate is coming from. Is he injury prone? History will indicate he is. However, injury prone does not equate to lack of talent. I pose a question to everyone saying he sucks, because he's injury prone: Why does big Dave get hated on, while your interweb darling Kennedy is just unlucky? Talk about a double standard! I digress.

As for his returning, I think it's a good idea, both from a business standpoint (he moves merchandise, garners ratings, etc.) and an in ring decision. Say what you will, "Oh, he's just a Warrior rip-off" or whatever the weekly battle cry in sheepdom is right now, but the man is entertaining in the ring. As others have pointed out, he gets people to care about him. He can also get it done in the ring. Yes, he's a little stiffer than most, but it fits him to work that style. Yes, indeed, Dave Batista should return, and the fans (outside of a vocal minority), will be pumped. As they should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back