Why Cena Chose His Rival, The Rock, As His Partner - Another Confusing Storyline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiter

Dark Match Jobber
so rock costs cena title at WM, they both have VIA SATELLITE feuds, take shots at each other..AND then out of nowhere cena choses rock as tag partner!
I dont get it.

Because it was a set-up to make the Rock come out in the ring, form a little friendship only to betray him at the end. Cena, Miz and R-Truth planned this to give a Rock an ass whooping of his life, turning Cena heel in the process and heating up the main-event at Wrestlemania.

That's what I thought.

Because Vince went off early and announced 12 months out that Rock was fightingh Cena at Mania 28. This is the only way to introduce Rock back in a feud. Simply put, original plans got thrown out when HHH vs Punk happened two months earlier than planned. Now the 5-5 match has been replaced with this rubbish tag match. Obviously this match will be the beginning of a 5 month build up to their match. Very simple really

keehlnate cena heel turn is out of the question. There is no way vince will turn his cash cow cena heel and lose merchandise revenue.

dansaun that all you said is not known to a person who does not follow internet. Lets assume a fan who just watches WWE on TV and not follow internet, how would he understand ?

Because they want to portray Cena as someone who can "Rise Above Hate." And what better way then aligning yourself with a bitter rival to face off against two men who are pretty much assaulting anyone in the locker room at will. Besides that, what better partner for a match at Survivor Series than The Rock!? The Rock also has some personal beef with The Miz. You can't forget the silly antics Miz pulled in order to garner some attention at the Wrestlemania he headlined as Champion. So of course Rocky would love to whip Miz's candy ass.

But on another note, bringing The Rock in for one match at Survivor Series is not only a great draw for one of WWE's biggest PPV's. But also a great way to build up the story and hype between Cena and Rock at Wrestlemania. This shouldn't be a complicated or difficult thing to understand. Just be happy the fact Rock is going to have a match before Wrestlemania.

keehlnate cena heel turn is out of the question. There is no way vince will turn his cash cow cena heel and lose merchandise revenue.

I beg to differ. Cena is currently not his cash cow. He has dropped down to number 3 in merch sales( Punk and Orton have passed him) and on the outside, Miz is the one who represents WWE. Vince thinks that maybe a heel turn could boost Cena with the older fans. Also, WM is in Miami - Rock's city. If Cena is heel, it's good.

For the fan perspective: He was given the choice to pick anyone, and after seeing his last partner get jumped in the back, he believed that would happen to anyone on the roster right now. He therefore goes with the one guy he truly believes will be able to put an end to the miz and truth.

For everyone else: This is indeed the start of the build for their match at mania. I think everyone needs to stop with turning one of the them heel. They want people being able to pick sides and have it be a face V face clash. I think we will see them tease tension all the way up until the match, but function well as a team and at the end there will be some lame stare down or hopefully a rock bottom to cena.

Finally plain and simple the Rock = money. Having the rock not even wrestle and mania got people to pay to see it. Pretty much the more PPV's the rock is on the more money WWE gets

ya i also want cena to turn heel do something creative rather than supercena, but as he represents wwe in so many public platforms like grant a wish ect and kids and women love him which is a substantial part of fan base,its really hard to believ he would turn heel.

Having Rock as Cena's partner is just a way for them to get in each others faces.. maybe try to one up each other during the match, like we've seen so many times.. it's just a way to kick their feud towards Mania in gear.. anyway I expect Miz and Truth to somehow win this match..

maybe have Cena get beatdown, The Rock jumps in to make the save, only to have him turn around and Rock Bottom Cena, as The Rock makes his way up the ramp, he smiles as Miz or Truth make the pin on Cena or it could just be a heel turn by Cena (or just like The Rock, stays face while doing it) , have him AA The Rock and Awesome truth make the pin.. either way, I think one of them is going to do the finisher to the other.. it'd be a good way to fuel the fire heading towards their Mania match :)

Cena, for a change has been having others go over him. They need to keeop him stronhg through to Mania, Miz and Truth got the win over HHH and Punk, Rock is getting the pinfall and the accolades. This is what is going to slwoly turn Cena heel, all the hard work for 7 years as the number one guy an now WWE turn their back on him by first re=signing Punk after he maikes all these demands, HHH comes back and takes the top spot and finally The Rock returning into the main event. Its a perfect build-up, and he will be the head of the "conspiracy". If Vince has any brains, this is how he will book this angle through to the Rumble.

In keyfabe, Cena couldent think of anyone else that either couldn't get attacked before by Miz and Truth or Nash (think HHH/Punk/Ryder) since The Rock will be away from Raw or that He trusts at least not to join the other team (Rock not liking Miz and all)

Its an odd one i know, but really? They don't want Rock and Cena to fight yet and for this match alone (Rock back at the Event and Arena he debuted in) will sell the PPV for silly amounts while keeping the story line hot.

OMG you are still babling about cena cash cow...He's not top anymore and Vince have so much money that he could fire Cena and never get him back in WWE and he would still be in a plus!!!!
And he gets money from TV ratings too if you didn't know and if Cena would turn heel just imagine how TV rating go up and how much money Vince would earn...And btw trust me if Cena turn heel Vince won't loose money on Cena merch cuz everyone who now hate Cena Will start to like him(ME FIRST) and buy his merch...So i agree with heehlnate!!!

First Off, Cena is VKM's top draw. He is not turning any time soon. His merchandise sales are reportedly falling behind Punk and Orton. IMO that is because everyone has already bought his old merch in all there bright, eye popping colors. That is why we have the new Cena merch. Not to mention how much tax writeoff money he gets the company with his make a wish stuff.

One cannot expect Rock to be heel for a maina match in his home town, I don't think there is much he could do to catch any heat going into that match, on that stage, in that town.

So with no "bad guy" you have face v face on the grandest stage of them all. The best thing VKM could do is have cena and rock tag at SS, it reinforces the whole "Rise Above Hate" thing cena has going on. It also gives the younger fans a chance to see Rock in a match. A large part of WWE fan's never seen Rock wrestle besides a dvd or some other taped match. I myself want to see what he can do after 7 years!

I think VKM thinks there mania match will pretty much sell itself, not much you can do face v face anyways so i don't expect much of a thrilling build to the match.

I believe people have put too much thought into this. It's not the 1st time rivals' have teamed up to face someone or a faction - The Rock N Sock Connection ring a bell? now I do believe we could see one of three things happen - 1: Rock hits The Rock Bottom on Cena, costing them the match. 2: Rock hits The Rock Bottom on Cena but he is then able to fight back, beating Awesome Truth and ending the PPV with a Stir down or 3 being that they defeat The Awesome Truth and shack hands.

it's not that confusing of an angle at all and I am concerne that people find this hard to fellow considering all the other nonsense going on.

I could come up with 10 reasons why Cena picked Rock but there have been given many already in this thread and I think this is a case where we will probably find out on Monday or at least by Rock's appearance on Raw. At that point you can question the logic.

You know what I don't get? Why you felt the need to create a thread which already exists in the WWE PPV section. Not to mention the OP is borderline spam.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back