Why Are GFW Titles Defended on Impact Wrestling?

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
After watching the last couple of episode of impact, I began to wonder if jeff jarrett found a way to get somebody to bankroled global force wrestling by putting it on impact.

Really, lately, I feel like the GFW champions have taken more place on iMPACT wresling then their own champion.

I really doesn't help that the booking of the shows really feel outdated by today's standard and that all of jarrett's friend are getting a push while home grown guys get put in jobber roles.

I just wondering why they just didn't rebrand the company to global force wrestling instead of impact wrestling since I feel more like a gfw show anyway.

After watching the last couple of episode of impact, I began to wonder if jeff jarrett found a way to get somebody to bankroled global force wrestling by putting it on impact.

Really, lately, I feel like the GFW champions have taken more place on iMPACT wresling then their own champion.

I really doesn't help that the booking of the shows really feel outdated by today's standard and that all of jarrett's friend are getting a push while home grown guys get put in jobber roles.

I just wondering why they just didn't rebrand the company to global force wrestling instead of impact wrestling since I feel more like a gfw show anyway.

Double J has stated that Impact Wrestling and GFW are for almost all purposes 1 company now. Paper Work is the only thing keeping GF from being absorbed into Impact Wrestling. Titles are likely to be merged/unified during their next true PPV

I think Anthem is taken for a ride. If I was the Impact President I would say to Jeff, enough with the Global Farce bullshit, we hired you to fix Impact Wrestling. This is the company with a future. Sick of seeing these green belts.

As for the content, I've enjoyed Impact very much so far. It feels more professional than the three years prior. My own only problem is that goddamn Mathews is still there. How many asses does this guy kiss where regime after regime keep him on the payroll?

I have a felling, that when it's all said and done, Impact Wrestling and Global Force Wrestling will be officially merged and named Global Impact Wrestling. Championship Title Belts will be unified and eventually replaced with GIW Championship Title Belts. The roster will double, and a brand extension will take place. They could go as far as creating working relationships with every promotion around the World to really give it that "Global Impact" feel. They can call that the International Wrestling Alliance, or the IWA.

When two companies merge, the whole process needs some time to complete.

I know that GFW Champions have been given more exposure but now it's a single company. You can't just neglect who GFW Champions were while merging it with IMPACT Wrestling. It really helps the GFW Champions as they're kind of new to the IMPACT audience. It helps to make them somewhat relevant. I've really liked some matches so far that have been possible due to the merge.

I think the belts will eventually be merged to create 1 set of titles, butit does seemslightly confusing at present. I like King Patrick's idea of rebranding the company "Global Impact Wrestling", I think the name sounds great. However, I think it's more likely that the company will remain known as "Impact Wrestling" and all mention of GFW will eventually be removed from programming, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I think you can completely ignore who the GFW champions were. Unless Impact is changing their name it doesn't serve any purpose. If you want to use GFW guys then just bring them in. Having them lose a barely defended piece of tin and then lose doesn't do anything for anybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back