Who's the worst company in America?

We shy worth hair
Well according to the Consumerist and it's readers, for the second year in a row it's the video game publishers EA(With 78% of the vote).

http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/e...-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/

Let me say that i don't think that EA are the worst company in America by any stretch, but I frankly love the fact that EA won since they are the only company on that poll that will actually care about winning this(Bank of America sure as hell wouldn't have cared anyways). If anyone has been keeping track of this then you'd have seen the EA COO claiming that the reason they were nominated was because
  1. They support LGBT in their games
  2. People weren't happy with the cover of the last Madden game

In case anybody is wondering, neither of these are the reasons for why EA got the nominated(And won), there are a plethora of reasons and anybody who has played any of EA's recent games will know what actually got them nominated.

EA bested other companies in this such as AT&T, Bank of America & Walmart to be granted the honour.

Thoughts on this? Should another company have won instead? Maybe Comcast? BestBuy? Apple?

They won because gamers are the most entitled group of consumers with the most time to spare to bother to rant and rave. And also, the gaming industry new practice of DLCs and freemium business model to combat piracy is directly hurting gamers wallet and enjoyment of their games. The microtransaction business model seem to be here to stay as it pays well but that could mean the end of games built for fun rather than built for making players work/spend more to have fun.

Most successful video games today thrive on multiplayer aspect of it and ergo on the community playing them. When companies like EA keep charging more and more for same content dressed up in pretty new pixels while it is the players themselves that make the game fun, players of course will think they are being charged for nothing and be pissed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back