• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's The Greatest: Knockout In History?

Who's The Greatest?

• Gail Kim

• Awesome Kong

• Taylor Wilde

• Tara

• Angelina Love

• ODB

• Sarita

• Roxxi

• Velvet Sky

• Raisha Saeed / Alissa Flash

• Other (Please Specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Part 3 of the series asks you, Who is the greatest Knockout in TNA history?

Is it the original Knockout Champion, Gail Kim? She rocketed to the top of the Knockout Division, and then pulled off a string of stunning victories over Awesome Kong. But, did she leave too soon, and hurt her "legacy"? Maybe it's the women that essentially gave Gail the push to the top, Awesome Kong herself. Through the history of the division, she has always been at the top, or within arm's reach of it. She has decimated everyone in her path, and seems to be ready for another run at the gold.

Taylor Wilde, much like Gail Kim, also used an upset victory over Awesome Kong to get herself to the top of the mountain, and hasn't come down since. She's the first Knockout to hold both the singles and tag titles, and has remained a top face with the crowd after a feud with the Beautiful People. Speaking of the Beautiful People, Angelina Love also spent some time at the top. She created the stable, and turned the entire division into an actual draw for TNA. Her departure from the company was thought to have killed the division, but the jury is still out.

Setting a (then) record for shortest reign with the gold, was Tara. This WWE "reject" arrived, raised hell, and got the gold, but turned it over after just 24 days at the top. However, she has remained a fan favorite, and continues to get titles shots on pay-per-views, and who can forget the spot against Kong off the cage? Last, but not least (concerning champs), is ODB. TNA's resident drunken redneck has taken over atop the division, and has proved a lot of naysayers wrong with her in-ring abilities. Will her mini-feud with Deaner ruin her chances of being named "the greatest" though?

As mentioned earlier, Taylor Wilde is the first to ever hold both Knockout titles...So, what about her tag partner, Sarita? Her arrival kept the fans' interest in the division after Love's departure, and she went from newcomer to champion within a few short weeks. Her matches continue to amaze, and her looks have captured the interest of many.

Although she never held the gold, Roxxi went from VKM-lackey to the Hardcore Knockout, and won over the fans after getting her head shaved by The Beautiful People on pay-per-view. Her feuds are among the best in history, and whenever she pops up, she still gets a big reaction. Speaking of "big reactions", what about Velvet Sky? Angelina's stable mate has been a favorite of most fans, no matter her attitude. Her matches may not always be the greatest, but as long as she keeps that entrance, she belongs in the conversation.

Last, and definitely not least, is Cheerleader Melissa, better known to TNA fans as Raisha Saeed and Alissa Flash. First she reined in Kong, and then she arrived as the Future Legend, and has wowed fans from the start. Her matches are among the best in recent Knockout history, and she looks to be headed for the gold.

In my opinion, Awesome Kong is the greatest, if only for the longevity of her career. She started at the top, and has stayed there, dominating everyone. Her music is daunting, and she can strike fear into more than half of TNA's total roster, not just Knockouts. I'll hold a future vote for Alissa though, because she is outstanding, and will be there one day.

None, they're all shit. At least WWE don't make out that their division is anything other than filler.

If I had to pick, I'd say Kong. Mostly because she can do more than your typical female wrestler. By more I mean she can do things differently, mostly because she's built like a bloke.

I would've said Gail Kim, but in hindsight her good TNA matches were down to Kong. Back in WWE she's proven herself to be just as bland and generic as 90% of the women to ever step foot in a wrestling ring.

None, they're all shit. At least WWE don't make out that their division is anything other than filler.

It's not just filler though. They actually have feuds for their titles, and put on matches, not bikini contests. When's the last time you saw two quality Divas matches on a PPV? Knockouts get that routinely.

If I had to pick, I'd say Kong. Mostly because she can do more than your typical female wrestler. By more I mean she can do things differently, mostly because she's built like a bloke.

I wouldn't say she could do "more", but I agree that her size is a big help. If all of the Knockouts were smaller, and wrestled the same style, it would get bland very quickly. She's the brawler that can legitimately hurt you, while the others are all either finesse wrestlers, technicians, fliers, or crappy (Hemme, Traci, Lacey)...

I would've said Gail Kim, but in hindsight her good TNA matches were down to Kong. Back in WWE she's proven herself to be just as bland and generic as 90% of the women to ever step foot in a wrestling ring.

I don't think her best matches being against Kong hurt her. I think the fact that her only memorable matches are against Kong. She had some decent performances in tag matches and Battle Royals, but she shined the most against Kong. Leaving over a contract dispute doesn't exactly look great either.

It's not just filler though.

They are, most matches for TNA PPVs are added on the very last episode of iMPACT! before the show.

They actually have feuds for their titles, and put on matches, not bikini contests.

That's sounds like WWE.

TNA talk about how they don't do what WWE females do, they proved it by emplying attractive females, some from WWE and putting Tracy Brookes in Playbody. Ialso remember seeing a promotional video a couple of weeks ago about the Knockouts in a muscle magazine.

When's the last time you saw two quality Divas matches on a PPV? Knockouts get that routinely.

WWE female matches are promoted as nothing more than buffer matches so fans can get their voices back for main events, and WWE don't bother to put them on each PPV anymore. TNA insist on adding a Knockout match on each PPV, even if it's been done plenty of times before.

On average the Knockouts might have better matches, but they're not as inhibited by a strict wrestling formula like WWE females are. They also don't produce great matches. Passable would be a great description of Knockout matches from the past 18 months or so.

Though I loathe women's wrestling – I just don't think they put on a very entertaining product, and make all their false spots look incredibly weak – I would have to go with Kong. Like NSL noted earlier, she has been absolutely dominant ever since she came in, so much so to the point that even Gail Kim wasn't getting over her, and Kim at the time was the face of the Knockouts.

Close second to ODB, though. Very entertaining wrestling character, there. ODB is actually one of the only womens segments I'll really watch in TNA still, and it's just because she is the farthest thing from a "diva".

I'm going off the list and picking my personal favorite: Daffney. I absolutely love her look and her personality. Plus she seems to be willing to do damn near anything asked of her. As far as I'm concerned, her work was easily the best thing about the Abyss/Dr. Stevie feud.

Plus I might be slightly in love with her, but I digress...

Plus I might be slightly in love with her, but I digress...

It's OK. We all are. I'm a huge fan of the Zombie Hot Scream Queen, but she hasn't done all that much in TNA. She was squashed by Kong in the Invitational, and since being signed, hasn't done much more. She's great as Stevie's valet, but she really should be getting a push on her own. Her promos are fun, and her matches fit within her character, and it would work out great.

Her not being on the list isn't her fault. It's TNA's. But, you can't blame them with the stacked Knockout roster they have right now.

hands down awesome kong. it was a debate for me between kong and gail kim but i find if gail kim is fighting...sometimes the match isnt as interesting as if kong were fighting. kong is one of a kind. i have never seen a female wrestler the size of awesome kong. please correct if I am wrong. her size alone and quickness makes her the best knockout imo

I have got to say Angelina Love based on her awesome promos alone. She is one of the best female wrestlers on the mic ever. I watch TNA with a group of people every Thursday, and when she was on it, she always got a big reaction. Some people love her and others hate her. I think she's great. Her wrestling isn't awesome, but it is far from bad. Her character is just so damn entertaining. She is the prototype of what a heel should be: attractive, arrogant, and downright mean. If it's not Angelina, then it has to be Awesome Kong. Kong is so dominant against the other knockouts, and she could probably kick half the men's asses too. Also, Kong is always fun to watch. If she's kicking ass it's fun to watch her steamroll over other knockouts, and when she jobs to someone it's always surprising because I never think she's going to lose. So I would have to say Angelina is the best knockout ever, but Kong isn't far behind.

it has to be velvet sky just cos of how she looks and lets all be honest thats all the knockouts are really good at. Her matches may not be the best but like it was mentioned in the first post just look at that entrance. I need say no more..!!

I have to say Angelina Love. She was gold on the mic and could wrestle a good match. Her and Velvet were great together in the Beautiful People which I think is the best womans stable of all time. She had her own unique style, she was a great champion and had some very interesting fueds. It is a shame she got fired she had such potiential and could have won the knockouts title at least two to three more times. She was also a great leader for the beautiful people because that is her style she was a whole lot better than Lacey becasue she just doesn't seem like leader material like Angelina. I'm sad that Angelina's gone she was my favorite she really was the whole package.

If your talking specifically as a KO, then it has to be either Taylor Wilde or Awesome Kong.

Taylor Wilde has the statistics to call herself the first ever TNA KO Tag Team Champion, as well as saying she is the only KO to hold the KO Title and said Tag Title reigns thus far in the industry. Granted that the Tag Titles were due to a formality, but having the company pit the strap on your shoulder for the majority of the time during your stint is saying something. Contrary to GD's beliefs, she is also one heck of a wrestler in that ring and continues to improve with every match. Her partnership with Sarita is allowing Taylor to go to places in her moveset no-one else could unlock and has very little botched segments during her matches.

As for Awesome Kong, there really isn't much to explain here. She was the one responsible for gaining the highest ratings for the KO's division, as well as gaining the most ratings for certain TNA !mpacts alongside Gail Kim... making her look like gold in the process. Kong, for a huge build, can seemingly work with anyone no matter what size and put on decent matches whilst making them look like gold if needed. She is also a respected individual backstage and is considered to be the locker room leader for the KO's.

If I had to choose, it'd be Awesome Kong. She helped make Taylor into a success she is today with their feud over the KO's title and giving her legit credibility.

I'm going through each name in the poll one by one, since I am having a hard time deciding.

Gail Kim
If she hadn't left, then.... maybe. She hasn't been around for over half of the Knockout Championship's existence.

Awesome Kong
Absolutely not. It takes more than "dominance" to be the best ever.

Taylor Wilde
She is who I voted for in the poll, but I wanted to go through everyone in detail before making a decision in this post. She's like TNA's version of Trish though, so most likely the best. Most under-rated Knockouts Champion. Also the first one to have won both the Knockout Championship and Knockouts Tag Team Championsip.

Tara
Probably not because she spent much of career in WWE and only just recently got to TNA. She has not had as big of an impact (no pun intended) in the division yet.

Angelina Love
Certainly the best heel Knockout, and alongside Taylor is probably one of the best Knockouts ever.

ODB
Hmmm.... nah. I don't think so. She has not done anything big enough to win "best Knockout ever".

Sarita
She's been great. One half of the first Tag Team Knockout Champions with Taylor Wilde, and is one of the best in the ring.

Roxxi
Similar problem to Gail Kim. She has been gone for a while.

Velvet Sky
She's a great heel, but she was overshadowed by Angelina Love.... so no.

Alissa Flash
She's pretty good but those years as Raisha Saeed hurts her because she didn't really do anything good with that rather pointless character. I like her as Alissa Flash, but that character is still too new to have made a difference yet.

Hmmm... yep, I'm gonna go with Taylor Wilde. It was a tough decision, but she was the first to have held both the Knockouts Championship and the Knockouts Tag Team Championship.... plus she's entertaining no matter what she does, that is why I think she's the best.

Awesome Kong
Absolutely not. It takes more than "dominance" to be the best ever.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh...You were...You were serious, weren't you?

Awesome Kong has been the best since she arrived, simply because she's been the most consistent, and has beaten everyone. She's beaten the best, the worst, sometimes two or three at a time.

Has their ever been another KnockOut with an entourage, because they were so great? No...Didn't think so...Sorry Dagger, but you're wrong here.

As much as I dislike Awesome Kong I had too vote for her. She has been such a dominant force within the Knockouts, we haven't seen anything like this since Chyna and I would even say that Kong could beat her. She has been constantly near the title and has two reigns with it and has had plenty of good fueds for the title, most recently with Tara. This and plenty of other reasons are the reason why Kong is the best Knockout in TNA history.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh...You were...You were serious, weren't you?

Awesome Kong has been the best since she arrived, simply because she's been the most consistent, and has beaten everyone. She's beaten the best, the worst, sometimes two or three at a time.

Has their ever been another KnockOut with an entourage, because they were so great? No...Didn't think so...Sorry Dagger, but you're wrong here.

Awesome Kong also has the advantage of being about three hundred pounds heavier than any other women in the business. With that logic we could say Yokozuna > Hulk Hogan, but it doesn't exactly make it true does it?

Awesome Kong is just...bleh. Nothing special about her besides the fact that she's big and looks angry. She's decent in the ring, but not once has she ever interested me in the slightest bit. She's barely even a woman frankly, she's broken into the "Chyna territory" where I can no longer even consider her purely a woman's wrestler. It's not fair to the other women who bust their ass but didn't eat 30,000 hamburgers.

Best knockout in history? No idea. For personal preference I'll go with Velvet Sky, but that's just because of how drop dead gorgeous she is.

Awesome Kong also has the advantage of being about three hundred pounds heavier than any other women in the business. With that logic we could say Yokozuna > Hulk Hogan, but it doesn't exactly make it true does it?

I'm not quoting the rest, because it's all a valid argument, and I figured you'd vote Velvet no matter what.

Back to that comment though...No, I would not say Yokozuna > Hulk Hogan. Yoko was also nowhere near as dominant. He was fat and slow, and couldn't do shit in the ring (waits for IC)...Kong is bigger than the other Knockouts, but she can still wrestle, and has put over as many women as she's defeated. Taylor Wilde and Gail Kim essentially made their careers by beating her.

Awesome Kong is just...bleh. Nothing special about her besides the fact that she's big and looks angry. She's decent in the ring, but not once has she ever interested me in the slightest bit. She's barely even a woman frankly, she's broken into the "Chyna territory" where I can no longer even consider her purely a woman's wrestler. It's not fair to the other women who bust their ass but didn't eat 30,000 hamburgers.

Best knockout in history? No idea. For personal preference I'll go with Velvet Sky, but that's just because of how drop dead gorgeous she is.

I'm agree with much of what xfearbefore said. Awesome Kong is anything but awesome. She's boring in the ring and awful on the mic. She may have helped Taylor get over at first, but Taylor's good enough that she would have gotten over without being "the upset queen" that summer. Taylor is like TNA's Trish because she has it all. She's beautiful, great in the ring, great on the mic, and connects well with her fans. She was also the first to have held both of the titles that Knockouts can win, and I voted for her in the poll because of that.

I'm agree with much of what xfearbefore said. Awesome Kong is anything but awesome. She's boring in the ring and awful on the mic. She may have helped Taylor get over at first, but Taylor's good enough that she would have gotten over without being "the upset queen" that summer. Taylor is like TNA's Trish because she has it all. She's beautiful, great in the ring, great on the mic, and connects well with her fans. She was also the first to have held both of the titles that Knockouts can win, and I voted for her in the poll because of that.

She is boring in on the mic and in the ring? HAHAHAH Dude are you Fucking kidding me. She doesnt even speak on the DAMN mic. She entertains me in the ring than anyone on WWE roster. Have you even seen her matches agains Taylor wilde or Gail kim. They are the best woman matches in North American history in my opinion.

Taylor Wilde on the other hand is one of the quickest athletes i have seen, Trish in her prime is nothing compared to this woman.

She is boring in on the mic and in the ring? HAHAHAH Dude are you Fucking kidding me. She doesnt even speak on the DAMN mic.

That's part of the problem. She HAS spoken on the mic, but rarely. I'm entertained by a great promo just as much as a great match. So, in order to be "the best ever" one would have to be top tier in BOTH mic skill and in-ring ability. Kong is dead last on the mic.

She entertains me in the ring than anyone on WWE roster.

Kong doesn't entertain me, but I respect that people are entitled to their opinion.

Have you even seen her matches agains Taylor wilde or Gail kim. They are the best woman matches in North American history in my opinion.

Yeah, I saw those matches. They were good, mainly because of Taylor and Gail Kim. Had those matches been Kong against a less famous female wrestler then they would have been really boring because she can't carry a match on her own. Yet another thing that "the best ever" must be able to do. Taylor can do that. Sarita can too. So can Angelina, and a couple of other Knockouts.... and "the best woman match in North American history"? Not a chance. Trish VS Lita and Trish VS Mickie are so much better that words can't describe how much better those matches were.

Taylor Wilde on the other hand is one of the quickest athletes i have seen, Trish in her prime is nothing compared to this woman.

I dunno about that. Taylor is "TNA's Trish" without a doubt, and arguably the best Knockout so far, but she still has a little ways to go before she's at Trish's level since she is the best female wrestler ever. Taylor is the best Knockout so far though because of her accomplishments and how entertaining she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back