Who's going?

I was just wondering if anyone here is gonna be at Wrestlemania. I'm going to be there and thought I'd see if anyone wanted to meet up after the show. I'm probably gonna be at a bar/bar hopping downtown after the show. I was also wondering if anyone familiar with the area has any bar suggestions because I don't know anything about that area.

We discussed going this year and I even made the hotel reservations back in October 2015, which have since been cancelled. But as the injuries started to pile up we made the decision not to go and I'm kind of glad.

Sort of sad because I was going to meet up with my girlfriend and her husband who live in Oklahoma, haven't seen her in forever. They were going to drive down to Dallas just to see us for a few days. But since Mania is in Orlando next year, her two kids who live in England are coming over, and we'll make it a family trip.

I think Dagger mentioned he was going on one of the threads, but haven't seen or heard of anyone else on the forum.

I'll be in Dallas the whole weekend. I'm coming from North Carolina. I'll be down to meet up, I plan on going to a few bars while I'm there.

Brothers my phones been fully charged for days dude. I'm holding out hope dude that boss calls me in for some back up jack. One love HH

There are only a small handful of bars in the area by the stadium. For the most part it is mainly restaurants and a few shopping centers. There is a small bar called The Pump and two pool halls/bars right off 360 & 30. Best places are a few minutes down the road. Bentleys is an English style pub & J. Gilligans has good food/beer prices since they are right near UTA.

Everything is likely to be packed by the stadium. Lincoln Square is real close with lots of parking space & places to eat. Mostly they run shuttle trams for games, so I assume they will do the same for Mania. If you have transportation you can get away from most of the people and go somewhere by the Parks Mall or Arlington Highlands. They both have many restaurants/bars in or right near them. Just about a 10-15 minute drive from the stadium.

Best bet is to google some places and make reservations if possible. Traffic can be a bitch during games, so you can count on it being crazy for the show. Downtown Fort Worth & Dallas are bigger areas for the bar situation because where the stadiums are in Arlington is not a traditional downtown area like most cities. It is mainly restaurants, shopping centers and such within that mile or two radius. Six Flags and both stadiums are very close together and they rely on in house food/beverage sales so do a bit of planning if you want to escape the shit ton of people that will be flooding the immediate surrounding area.

When people come to visit, we hit the stadium or whatever and usually drive to downtown Fort Worth or hit a local spot like Gilligans. Just depends on where u are staying, but traffic going towards Dallas is going to be a bitch afterward cinsidering that is where many are going to go.

There are only a small handful of bars in the area by the stadium. For the most part it is mainly restaurants and a few shopping centers. There is a small bar called The Pump and two pool halls/bars right off 360 & 30. Best places are a few minutes down the road. Bentleys is an English style pub & J. Gilligans has good food/beer prices since they are right near UTA.

Everything is likely to be packed by the stadium. Lincoln Square is real close with lots of parking space & places to eat. Mostly they run shuttle trams for games, so I assume they will do the same for Mania. If you have transportation you can get away from most of the people and go somewhere by the Parks Mall or Arlington Highlands. They both have many restaurants/bars in or right near them. Just about a 10-15 minute drive from the stadium.

Best bet is to google some places and make reservations if possible. Traffic can be a bitch during games, so you can count on it being crazy for the show. Downtown Fort Worth & Dallas are bigger areas for the bar situation because where the stadiums are in Arlington is not a traditional downtown area like most cities. It is mainly restaurants, shopping centers and such within that mile or two radius. Six Flags and both stadiums are very close together and they rely on in house food/beverage sales so do a bit of planning if you want to escape the shit ton of people that will be flooding the immediate surrounding area.

When people come to visit, we hit the stadium or whatever and usually drive to downtown Fort Worth or hit a local spot like Gilligans. Just depends on where u are staying, but traffic going towards Dallas is going to be a bitch afterward cinsidering that is where many are going to go.

Oh well now aren't you just goddamn Dr. Dallas?!
What a very insightful and helpful post on the area of Dallas which will likely result in the assistance of this user who has inquired on such.

Considering Mania is in Arlington, but hey. A lot of the other festivities will be in Dallas. Figured I would give people a heads up on what to expect. Unless you have been here before, people just assume it is like most bigger downtown areas. The city packed 3 big ass attractions close together and it can be a bitch navigating traffic, so with even more people for Mania expected a rough gameplan is best.

You can find anything you want within 20 minutes or so, but trying to avoid the masses as much as possible is always a better idea. Tons of people will just flood the closest places.

Considering Mania is in Arlington, but hey. A lot of the other festivities will be in Dallas. Figured I would give people a heads up on what to expect. Unless you have been here before, people just assume it is like most bigger downtown areas. The city packed 3 big ass attractions close together and it can be a bitch navigating traffic, so with even more people for Mania expected a rough gameplan is best.

You can find anything you want within 20 minutes or so, but trying to avoid the masses as much as possible is always a better idea. Tons of people will just flood the closest places.

:lmao:

Guess who hasn't been watching WWE. I attempt a random act of snarkiness and am put in the corner with a dunce hat.

My original post also had white text as well.

I'll be in Dallas the whole weekend. I'm coming from North Carolina. I'll be down to meet up, I plan on going to a few bars while I'm there.

If you want to meet up maybe post on here that weekend or PM and we can meet up.

Thats a lot of info Nightmare and really helpful since I really don't know much about the area. We are staying somewhere a little south of downtown. I forget the name of the neighborhood. We aren't getting a car and just taking Uber everywhere. We are catching the rally bus to the stadium which actually now I'm a little annoyed with because they changed the pick up time from 2 to 1 which kind of sucks. Also it claims to be leaving the stadium at 10 but The show is gonna end just before 10 so I guess it'll really be leaving a little after and getting us back hopefully around 11:30. We are probably gonna find a bar downtown and hang out there until last call. I found a place called the Green Door that looked OK. Out of curiosity if I had driven to the stadium how long do you think it would take to get downtown? I'm just wondering if the bus was a mistake. I know some stadiums can take hours to get out of so I figured with the price of parking and renting the car for the weekend and having to drop it off at the house and then uber back out to the bar the bus was the way to go but I really wasn't thinking about how late the show ends and how long the bus takes to get us back downtown. I'm not changing it now, I'm just wondering if that was dumb. Anyway thanks for the info.

No dunce hat needed Smizzy. I laughed at the comment, but since WWE keeps saying Dallas & almost everything else is actually in Dallas, I bet some people would have been pissed/confused on the fact Arlington is about half an hour away.

As far as the bus thing goes OP, it should be fine. I assume they are going to open the HOV lanes for buses and such considering the traffic load. The stadium is real close to two different highways (one runs N-S, the other E-W), but with the amount of traffic trying to leave or go eat/drink in the area it will get crazy. Anyone not taking buses or shuttles who are going E toward Dallas can expect a bitch of a time trying to take 30. Best bet is to either find somewhere to go eat and wait for traffic to die down a bit or check google maps for a route other than 30. That is right by the stadium and most direct route to downtown Dallas, so everyone will hop on there & fight each other to leave. There are a few ways to get anywhere you want to in Arlington or going toward Dallas that will have less traffic. Just plan ahead & all will be well.

Now that my smart ass ******** reputation has been shattered by giving out all this nice guy information for free... I am gonna have a drink & tell you all to fuck off. I am not your personal visitors center.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back