• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who would you pick for GM of Smackdown?

Who should be GM of Smackdown??

• Alex Riley

• Booker T

• Brad Maddox

• Christian

• David Otunga

• Hornswoggle

• Hulk Hogan

• John Laurinitis

• Kane

• The Miz

• Paul Heyman

• Ric Flair

• Sting

• William Regal

• Zeb Coulter

Results are only viewable after voting.

NegativeFeedback

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Vickie just got fired as GM of Smackdown last night. So who do you think should replace her??

I'm hoping for Triple H to announce Christian as the replacement GM. His slimy heel run in 2011 was really good and I think he could work well as a puppet for the Authority. Plus, he'll be the type of GM who won't be afraid to get his hands dirty. He can interfere in matches and wrestle the occasional one himself. His career is dying down so I think this will be a nice fit for him.

The Authority fired Brad Maddox and never replaced him, so they might just leave both GM spots vacant. The Authority has been running things anyway so it's not like it matters who GM is.

But if they were going to pick someone to run Smackdown, who's your pick?

Teddy Long. The best authority figure since Jack Tunney. Comes out, makes matches and leaves. Raw is the show where guys in charge dominate the show with what are often the dullest segments WWE produce. Keep 'em there. Just have the Smackdown G.M. and somebody who solves shit and then goes back to their office to bang Diva's.

Nobody. Let it be a ship without a course. Authority figures have outlived their use in my eyes. If there needs to be some kind of control, let it be among superstars and have them fight it out for supremacy. It would open some pretty fresh doors and create genuine care among the viewers. Just some guys fighting over turf. No suits needed.

Personally, I'd rather the gimmick just went away. With The Authority around, there's no need for other authority figures, especially since they're ultimately just playing the roles of sniveling, spineless little toadies.

Brad Maddox hasn't been the Raw GM for a while now and there's been nobody appointed to replace him. I see no reason why they shouldn't do the same thing with SD!. Trips & Stephanie appear on each show now and they're all that's needed. If the time comes when they once again disappear from television on a regular basis, maybe then the GM thing can be brought up again. It wouldn't bother me if it was finished, however, as the gimmick has been done to death in any number of wrestling companies. There's nothing else to be done with it and no other directions to go in.

With the brand split gone, I see no reason to have a General Manager for each show. Plus, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon have been calling the shots lately anyway, so there's no need to have somebody under them if they're ultimately the ones making the decisions in the long run. I have no problem with the authority figure roles, I just wish it didn't have such a great presence on the show.

I miss the days of Jack Tunney. The authority figure has turned into either a tyrant or a horrible comedy sketch--and not the good kind of Edge/Christian/Foley comedy sketch. Having that sane person occasionally come out when it really needed it. Not every week to stop a brawl and turn it into a tag team match. Sparingly. To make a ruling. To report what the "board of directors want." Give it meeting. You didn't always see Gorilla Monsoon coming out when he was in charge every week. But enough that when he was attacked by Vader it was a holy crap moment. Everything in moderation. Then when something happens, its a treat.

Nobody. We do not need General Managers of either Raw or Smackdown anymore. Stephanie and Trips can handle anything that the GM's would have done. Have Trips run one show, Stephanie the other, and for more important announcements have them both show up. The GM role itself overstayed its welcome. It's just not needed anymore and I have no interest in seeing anyone fill the spot now. More often than not there was too much focus on the GM when all they are needed for is announcing matches or stipulations. Until both Triple H and Stephanie are no longer able to be full time authority figures onscreen each week, there's no reason to have another GM. Someday in the future, sure let's try it again, when it would be necessary. Right now it isn't.

I think the perfect fit to be the GM of both Raw and SD is David Otunga. The Authorities puppet who does what he's told, for the right price. He can always get around dirty deeds by using his lawyer character as well. I think its a good fit but I kind of wish that Maddox would have stayed GM.

As far as Maddox goes I think a tag team with him and Tyler Breeze could be pretty cool - the good looking kids who just want to be famous.

I haven't watched Smackdown in its entirety for 2 years straight besides a couple of main highlights every once in 2 to 3 weeks on the WWE YouTube Channel. However, if I'd have to pick a new GM for Smackdown I think KANE should be the guy for the job. If not him, then William Regal.

Nobody. Since the senior management of the company (aka The Authority) has decided it's best for business to install themselves as the folks who appear on-screen and cast out random decisions as to what's going to happen in the main event that evening, I see no reason to add another managerial position that turns out to be meaningless......or worse, the GM winds up being made to look like a sap by his/her bosses.

If it becomes necessary to have a GM, I can think of no one better than the recently departed Teddy Long. He presented a nice contrast: he looked flamboyant, yet made quiet, logical decisions on behalf of his domain. If you're gonna have a heel Authority, it's best to have a GM who works contrary to their style. That's Teddy.

None. It defeats the purpose of having The Authority and a GM when The Authority on air calling shots...The Authority is good enough for now, once they step off air then perhaps a GM. But if I had to pick I probably would pick Zeb Colter - I think Dutch would do well in a tweener GM role.

Honestly, I'd pick no one.

The Authority storyline has gotten stale now, and it would be great if there was just a generic normal GM who doesn't get involved too much in the show. That means both Triple H and Stephanie get themselves off our screens for an extended time.

If someone is to come in, my pick is Sting, assuming he is indeed signed by the WWE. Would be refreshing to have a Babyface Authority figure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back