Who will make the Super Bowl first?

ThePeoplesChampion

Getting Noticed By Management
Ok there are only four teams to never make the Super Bowl. Browns, Lions, Jags, and Texans...now the Texans the way they look might make it this year never know...Saints went from out the playoffs one year to champs just saying but back to the question at hand the Jags are fairly new team but Now the Lions and Browns have been around for quite sometime so my question is just for the Lions and Browns....Who will make a Super Bowl first Lions or Browns? Why? and How Long?

My Choice the Lions...there foundation is looking really good Calvin "Megatron" Johnson, Javid Best, Sue, and Mathew Staford and a few more years of maturity and few key players here and there and i think this team will be in the playoff hunt....Granted you do have Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler i think battling for the division at least for 5 yrs..so ill say in 10-15 years this team could and i think will Make a Super Bowl. The Browns on the other hand god help this team Steelers and Ravens look like they'll be good forever...and Browns management sucks they sign washed up players who werent good in the first place...cant fire bad coaches and hire dumber ones this team is bound for the dumper ever year.

I'm not one who bashes on anyone here really, but do you have any idea what your talking about? The average career span for an NFL player is 3 1/2 years. Now if your good that goes up obviously. But do you honestly believe this team the Lions have now will be the same in 10-15 years? Average running back last 5 years. Best won't be around in 10 years. And even if he did, he wouldn't be near the best in the league. Calvin Johnson would be in the league for 13 years in that time. You think he would be at the same level? Come on man, think about shit before posting it.

Anyways, to answer the question, I don't know. If I had to pick I would say the Lions. This league is always changing and who's to say that in a few years the Lions aren't contending for a Super Bowl? They have a very good young team who, if they can stay healthy and together, could possibly make noise. The Browns have no QB of the future and just look in disarray. So the Lions have the better chance of winning a Super Bowl before the Browns and probably will.

As a Lions fan, I'm excited for our future. Suh has already fit in well as the big body up the middle, if Best can be healthy he could be a dangerous home run threat both running and receiving. Calvin is, well Calvin. And if they can build a good line around him, Stafford can be the man in Detroit. He's not injury prone. He was a winner in college. He had a decent rookie year but got killed by our bad O-Line. If he can pan out (which I think he will) their offensive weapons will be dangerous. Pettigrew is becoming a good receiving TE, as is Scheffler. Sure, we don't know how long these guys are gonna be around, but most of them are quite young and could be a good nucleus for the future. Our O-Line still has some question marks with Peterman, Cherilous, and Backus, but if we get some guys to protect our QB, we could have a VERY dynamic offense.

As for our D, like I said we have Suh, Levy, and Delmas look to be the only good starters that we've actually gotten. Our secondary is bad. Our LB's could get improved. Our D-Line is quite awesome and gets some good pressure with only a four man rush, but our CB's get burned too long too often. That should be a target for us early. Possibly our top pick if there's a guy that's NFL ready like Suh was last year.

Schwartz I think is also a better coach then what his record states. Last year, he pretty much had to clean house from all of the garbage from the 0-16 team. It's only year 2. He's still getting all of his pieces together. He has his D-Line set. As well as QB, RB, TE, possibly WR (Calvin's the only sure thing so far), and parts of LB. While that's obviously not the whole team, one more draft class/free agency period and we can really improve on those spots. We will be a better team next year and hopefully can be a dark horse for the playoffs.

As for the question asked, I'm gonna go with the Lions. The Browns are kinda in the same situation as the Lions are. They had to clean house and start over with Holmgren, so it's gonna be 2-3 years before they really get competitive week in and week out. Holmgren's obviously more proven then Martin Mayhew, but Detroit already has a nucleus together that Cleveland doesn't really have. No Franchise QB. Only Cribbs seems to be a gamechanger on offense. And they play in what I thinks the best division in the NFL, the AFC North. Detroit will be better, as will Cleveland, but I'd expect the Lions to be better sooner.

Granted, there's that losing aura around the Lions, but the Browns haven't been big winners of late either.

The Browns and Lions this offseason made great strides for the future, but it'll be how they put it all together and that could take a few seasons. Jacksonville doesn't have much of a future in my mind and I can't see them doing enough to become a contender any time soon. So that leaves us with my selection, the Houston Texans. Texans have the best shot to do it. They are a good football and are currently sitting at 3-1, leading the AFC South. They have a great foundation on offense in Schaub and Andre Johnson. Plus they have this seasons breakout star in Arian Foster. The guy has been tearing it up early on and it gives the Texans offense the running threat they've been lacking. The defense isn't spectacular, but it is adequate enough to get them bye. I think the Texans stand a good chance to make a playoff run in the next 2-3 years, possibly even this season.

As a Lions fan, I'm excited for our future. Suh has already fit in well as the big body up the middle, if Best can be healthy he could be a dangerous home run threat both running and receiving. Calvin is, well Calvin. And if they can build a good line around him, Stafford can be the man in Detroit. He's not injury prone. He was a winner in college. He had a decent rookie year but got killed by our bad O-Line. If he can pan out (which I think he will) their offensive weapons will be dangerous. Pettigrew is becoming a good receiving TE, as is Scheffler. Sure, we don't know how long these guys are gonna be around, but most of them are quite young and could be a good nucleus for the future. Our O-Line still has some question marks with Peterman, Cherilous, and Backus, but if we get some guys to protect our QB, we could have a VERY dynamic offense.

As for our D, like I said we have Suh, Levy, and Delmas look to be the only good starters that we've actually gotten. Our secondary is bad. Our LB's could get improved. Our D-Line is quite awesome and gets some good pressure with only a four man rush, but our CB's get burned too long too often. That should be a target for us early. Possibly our top pick if there's a guy that's NFL ready like Suh was last year.

Schwartz I think is also a better coach then what his record states. Last year, he pretty much had to clean house from all of the garbage from the 0-16 team. It's only year 2. He's still getting all of his pieces together. He has his D-Line set. As well as QB, RB, TE, possibly WR (Calvin's the only sure thing so far), and parts of LB. While that's obviously not the whole team, one more draft class/free agency period and we can really improve on those spots. We will be a better team next year and hopefully can be a dark horse for the playoffs.

As for the question asked, I'm gonna go with the Lions. The Browns are kinda in the same situation as the Lions are. They had to clean house and start over with Holmgren, so it's gonna be 2-3 years before they really get competitive week in and week out. Holmgren's obviously more proven then Martin Mayhew, but Detroit already has a nucleus together that Cleveland doesn't really have. No Franchise QB. Only Cribbs seems to be a gamechanger on offense. And they play in what I thinks the best division in the NFL, the AFC North. Detroit will be better, as will Cleveland, but I'd expect the Lions to be better sooner.

Granted, there's that losing aura around the Lions, but the Browns haven't been big winners of late either.

Megatron, forget the divisions, look at the conferences for a minute. Tell me what team looks like they are going to dominate the NFC for the next couple of seasons? There is none. That has to be a big part of the excitement for Lions fans and a reason they have a better shot than the Browns. If all the pieces can get together on offense and defense, then the Lions could put themselves right in the mix of things. Every year the NFC is wide open, there for the taking. The Lions has things set so that they could be there contending in the very near future. Things have changed drastically since the Matt Millen era in Detroit, and for the better. They have the best shot of making it.

If one of these 4 teams made it to the Super Bowl THIS YEAR, it would obviously be the Texans. The fact that they are 3-1 is almost worthless. Almost because that win over Indy would be the deciding factor if the 2 teams were in a tie for the division lead. And as a Pats fan, I would love to see the Colts in 2nd place, the Wild Card, and the underdog position for once in a long time, but I digress.

Personally, I believe the key to figuring out the order of these teams in the Super Bowl is consistancy. You have to be able to build a functioning team, work hard and well together, and keep it up year in year out. For me, like I said, that team who will get there first will be the Texans. I'm not saying they will make it this year, but out of these 4 teams, Houston looks like the one that can keep their dominance up (mainly because we're talking about Cleveland and Detroit).

Second on my list is Detroit. Yeah, that's right, I went there. This young team is showing great improvement from two years ago, or whenever they went winless (I have horrible memory). Stafford and Suh look like they will most likely have long, promising careers ahead of them, and their leadership experience in college can help them take the attention of this city away from Ford and the Red Wings.

Third will have to be the Jacksonville Jaguars, simply because the Jags are in the same division as the Colts and the Texans, who we all know won't be slowing down any time soon (hopefully), although the Colts and Jags are tied for 2nd in their division right now. The truth is Jacksonville doesn't have enough star power. Sure, you have MJD. Sure, you have David Garrard. But where's Torry Holt? He's here in New England injured for the year. And what about Tim Tebow? You passed on him, and he's 3rd string for Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn, when he could be 2nd string for a somewhat struggling Garrard.

You might be thinking that's the same situation in Cleveland. Well, it's not. There's no way you will be able to defeat Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati any time soon. Pick someone up who won't retire within the next 3 years and win some games, then talk to me.

While I appreciate the love for the Lions, I would point out that NFL championships existed long before the Super Bowl, and while they have never gone to the Super Bowl, they do have 3 NFL championships to their name. They have been the kings of the NFL. The Cleveland Browns (if we count the expansion Browns as being a continuation of the original Browns, instead of the Ravens) have also won NFL championships. Maybe its nitpicky, but the Lions and Browns not ever being in the Super Bowl isn't quite the same as a team like the Jags or Texans never having been there.

I'm not one who bashes on anyone here really, but do you have any idea what your talking about? The average career span for an NFL player is 3 1/2 years. Now if your good that goes up obviously. But do you honestly believe this team the Lions have now will be the same in 10-15 years? Average running back last 5 years. Best won't be around in 10 years. And even if he did, he wouldn't be near the best in the league. Calvin Johnson would be in the league for 13 years in that time. You think he would be at the same level? Come on man, think about shit before posting it.

Anyways, to answer the question, I don't know. If I had to pick I would say the Lions. This league is always changing and who's to say that in a few years the Lions aren't contending for a Super Bowl? They have a very good young team who, if they can stay healthy and together, could possibly make noise. The Browns have no QB of the future and just look in disarray. So the Lions have the better chance of winning a Super Bowl before the Browns and probably will.

How long do good QB's stay in the league huh? Isn't Farve going on his 20th season correct me if im wrong?...and i know this but also looks like the Lions have been making some good moves via free agency and the draft....and another thing look at LT with the Jets he looking pretty good for his age....T.O. put up monster numbers just this week and he is up in age so players can still go in the 30's....

AND THIS IS WHO WILL MAKE/WIN A SUPERBOWL FIRST LIONS OR BROWNS?

AND YES I KNOW BOTH CLUBS HAVE WON NFL TITLES BUT THIS IS BOUT THE SUPER BOWL ALONE.

Megatron, forget the divisions, look at the conferences for a minute. Tell me what team looks like they are going to dominate the NFC for the next couple of seasons? There is none. That has to be a big part of the excitement for Lions fans and a reason they have a better shot than the Browns. If all the pieces can get together on offense and defense, then the Lions could put themselves right in the mix of things. Every year the NFC is wide open, there for the taking. The Lions has things set so that they could be there contending in the very near future. Things have changed drastically since the Matt Millen era in Detroit, and for the better. They have the best shot of making it.

I wouldn't say there are no teams in the NFC that could dominate. A case could very easily be made for the Green Bay Packers. They are a good team now and if I'm not mistaken they have one of the youngest rosters in the NFL. They have a proven, elite QB in Rodgers, a star WR in Jennings, a star TE in Finley, and one of the best young defensemen in the league in Clay Matthews. They could very well be the team in the NFC for years to come. Other than that however I'm not sure a solid case could be made for many teams.

How long do good QB's stay in the league huh? Isn't Farve going on his 20th season correct me if im wrong?...and i know this but also looks like the Lions have been making some good moves via free agency and the draft....and another thing look at LT with the Jets he looking pretty good for his age....T.O. put up monster numbers just this week and he is up in age so players can still go in the 30's....

Ok you gave me Farve. But how often does that happen? Not all all, which makes what Farve is doing all the more great. We haven't seen anyone like him. My point is why would you think they would contend 15 years from now and not in the next 3-5 years when they will be hitting their prime? In 15 years Johnson will be 40 and Best will be out of the league. Your time frame doesn't work.

I wouldn't say there are no teams in the NFC that could dominate. A case could very easily be made for the Green Bay Packers. They are a good team now and if I'm not mistaken they have one of the youngest rosters in the NFL. They have a proven, elite QB in Rodgers, a star WR in Jennings, a star TE in Finley, and one of the best young defensemen in the league in Clay Matthews. They could very well be the team in the NFC for years to come. Other than that however I'm not sure a solid case could be made for many teams.

Your right a case could be made, and so I shouldn't say there aren't any teams. But as you said you can't make one for most teams, which is why I think the Lions have a real good chance at making a run with the guys they have. Unlike the AFC where you have/had teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Colts dominate the conference, that doesn't happen in the NFC. Every year a new team emerges and wins the conference. Which makes it easier for the Lions to contend.

Well as someone said the Packers could dominate over a period of time so there one factor into my thinking...and how long has Peyton Manning been in this league and everyone knows he got five more years at least...same with Brady...QBs can go much longer in a career...like i said too there making good moves via free agency or draft...i mean so your saying the bills are going to be good in 3-5 cause they will hit there prime? lol...

And to add to the NFC dominance teams...i very much like the Packers...but id also say the Falcons too young team good talent Matt is only in his second year i think the Falcons could be a dominate team as well

Well as someone said the Packers could dominate over a period of time so there one factor into my thinking...and how long has Peyton Manning been in this league and everyone knows he got five more years at least...same with Brady...QBs can go much longer in a career...like i said too there making good moves via free agency or draft...i mean so your saying the bills are going to be good in 3-5 cause they will hit there prime? lol...

And to add to the NFC dominance teams...i very much like the Packers...but id also say the Falcons too young team good talent Matt is only in his second year i think the Falcons could be a dominate team as well

Pay the fuck attention to what I have been writing. The Lions have a lot of talent on their team right now. Soon they will hit their prime and could make a run. Where the fuck are you getting the Bills or that just because a team hits their prime they will contend? I will repeat myself one more time. The Lions are a talented group with young players who will soon hit their prime which will make it more likely that they will contend in the next 3-5 years RATHER THAN the 10-15 years you gave them, which was a rediculous answer on your part.

How bout you read your own shit..you just said the Packers could dominate this NFC...Lions are in the NFC....meaning no go for the Lions....i actually agree with you on them being good in 3-5 years...but the Packers are also very young and will be ahead of detroit..thats why i say 10 yrs cause by then Aaron probably be on the downside or retired....but why try when you obviously dont understand huh?:banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back