• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will be the top 10.

nbieclkl91

Quote the Raven, nevermore.
Pretty much, who do you guys think will be the top 10 most relevant superstars in the WWE in 5 years. You do not have to list them in order but do explain why you chose them. Here's mine.

1. John Cena-Currently the face of WWE. Hell, they can't even keep him off tv with the whole "fired" storyline because he draws so much.

2. Randy Orton-Definately the second face of the company. The WWE universe loves Orton whether he's heel or face.

3. The Miz-Current WWE champion and is clearly on his way to becoming the next face of the company.

4. Sheamus-This guy is the next Triple H in my opinion. He's got a great look and can put on great promos. Plus he's King of the Ring and 2 time WWE Champ.

5. Drew McIntyre-He's hit a bit of a rough patch in his career right now but I definately see him picking up and getting shot right into the mainevent scene fairly soon. He is after all, the "Chosen One".

6. CM Punk-He's great on the mic, great in the ring and is full of charisma. Vince seems to love him so I don't see him going away.

7. Alberto Del Rio-The day he debuted, I instantly saw a mix of JBL & Eddie Guerrero in this guy. He's definately going to be in the mainevent scene very soon. Seems to be taking Mysterio's place as the "Face of Mexico".

8. Dolph Ziggler-Great look, fairly good mic work, great in the ring. I can see Ziggler as World Champ within 5 years.

9. John Morrison-He isn't the best on the mic but his ring work is incredible. He seems to be getting some kind of push as of late so hopefully that takes him into the mainevent scene.

10. Kofi Kingston-Great in the ring and pretty good on the mic. He's got a fairly good gimmick and has potential to be a big time star.

these guys are gonna be in order
1. john cena-like you said before he is the face of the company and will be for a long time to come.
2. the miz-guy is easy to hate but and easily one of the most entertaining guy on the raw roster
3.alberto del rio-this guy is great on the mic and has the ring skill to back it up. he has been on smackdown for like 5 months and is alreay main eventing a ppvs
4. sheamus-guy was on raw for 1 month and is already a former wwe champion
5. cm punk-heel or face or commentator this guy is great
6. randy orton-im not a big fan of his face run but this guy is a great heel
7. dolph ziggler-not the best but is getting up there
8. daniel bryan- also a great entertainer and can actuallty wrestle
9. john morrison- entertaining and can hold a match
10. cody rhodes-this guy is easy to hate and has a great gimmick

1. cena- easily the biggest draw and will continue to be for quite some time
2. orton- if cena is 1, orton is easily number 2. better as a heel, but if they make him more of a tweener, and less of a face, he will be one of the biggest in a long time
3. miz- being groomed and did everything cena did to win favor in the eyes of vince. just please wwe, dont give us a 2 year reign of the miz like how you crammed cena down our throughts.
4. alberto del rio- being made to be the next rey. he is great a drawing heat and will be in the main event sooner than later
5. john morrison- will be a big main eventer soon i believe. just needs one final push
6. sheamus- i knew he'd be a main eventer right when he debuted. he just screamed main event. and he isnt leaving it any time soon.
7. wade barrett- barrett has been amazing at drawing heat and is a great heel.
8. cm punk- as the guy above me said, face, heel or commentator, he is great at everything he does
9. cody rhodes- given shit as a gimmick, and does great on it. he can easily be a face or heel. he is the breakout star of priceless, not dibiase
10. daniel bryan- his skills are amazing, and he does have charisma people, just love him

nbieclkl91, I'd replace Kofi Kingston in that list with Daniel Bryan - surely there's no in ring performer in the WWE like him right now and he will definitely be a main-eventer very soon. I'm also tempted to add Jack Swagger to the list but not sure whom to replace with him.

but isn't the most relevant in the past 5 years
drew and del rio haven't done anything too relevant yet they have barely been around.
1. John cena: he explains himself really lol draws more emotion than anyone else
2. Randy Orton: for the better part of the past 5 years was the best heel around, then without doing anything became the biggest face in (not of) the company. got the biggest pops we've heard in years
3.edge 10 title reigns in 5 years, maybe he should be number 2 lol
4. undertaker, had some title reigns including winning the belt at mania 2x had the matches with hbk
5. y2j made a big return and turned into one of the best heels ever and ruined edge's big return story by walking away champ at mania still, plus he had a nice reign as a heel where he beat batista
6. sheamus, even though he's been there for so little, he made such a huge impact. thats how you put someone short term on this kind of list
7. Kane: dont care putting him on lol
8. nexus; well its been the best and most reaction grabbing storyline in wwe in 5 years so they should count
9. santino always did something stupid but yet somewhat unforgettable over the years
10. i guess the boss himself, and the rest of the fam, they have been coming to help keep things together when needed. and they were huge in the rko hhh storyline, and its their company lol

1.) John Cena- Obvious choice here, biggest draw since the Rock.

2.) CM Punk- He's the new Chris Jericho. Incredible mic work, incredible ring work, and a very deep personality. He'll fill any void, at any time whether that entail announcing, wearing the belt, or putting someone over. The ultimate utility man.

3.) Randy Orton- Can work face, heel, or tweener. He'll win several more WWE titles, and eventually will re-ignite his feud with Cena, hopefully working as the face this time.

4.) John Morrison- I see John Morrison evolving into a mega heel in five years time. While Randy, Cena, and Punk may not necessarily need to hold the belt, John Morrison like HBK once did. He'll also probably get a tag team or faction behind him to help his credibility. His mic work will have to improve, but if it does, and I think it will, expect him to have Hart-Michaels esque feuds with CM Punk.

5.) Seth Rollins (Tyler Black) [Name Subject to Change]- Yeah, I know, another questionable pick. But in ROH, he displayed top notch ring work, and can be a high-flyer while maintaining a 6'2 height. He is also young: Just turned 24 this past Spring. He'll have plenty of time to develop and get himself over. He also has a look to him that screams heel, but a personality that screams face. He'd work as either.

6.) Sheamus- He's the only Irish-born WWE Champion, and just has such a unique look to him that there is no doubt in my mind he will be a fixture in the company for years to come. Oh, and don't forget his backstage pull with The Game.

7.) The Miz- Miz is down a few notches on my list. And here's why: There's been debate on the forum of whether or not it is a good idea to have heel champions win dirty ALL the time. In Miz's case, that may be. But lets not forget here that the Miz CAN... NOT... WORK. Neither can John Cena. But Cena is able to use his ability to sell and hype as a way to have great feuds and matches (see vs Edge, Randy Orton, Kurt Angle). Do any of you see the Miz being able to fit this role? And do any of you see Miz being able to work face? Faces now in days are dominant figures, so picture Miz in Randy Orton's current role. He would never be able to pull it off. He's not big, and has a complicated finisher. His only saving grace is his mic work which is top of the line, no doubt. But the only reason even I have him this high is because he has already won the WWE Title, and could never fall too far. He's better in the role that CM Punk has now.

8.) Daniel Bryan- He too will be able to work the main event and the midcard, much like CM Punk. He may be small, but he's got a vivid and lethal arsenal of moves in the ring, much like Chris Benoit did.

9.) Wade Barrett- He's the guy who people will chase for the belt on the second show (if it's still called Smackdown!) His ring work is so-so, and his mic work is good, but it's his presence that really makes him great. He has leader written all over him. Plus he's easy to hate because of his accent. His role will be similar to JBL's back in '04.

10.) Alberto Del Rio- He may "take Mysterio's place" but if he does it won't be because of his flashy in ring ability. Del Rio actually has a chance to become technically sound in the way that the original Million Dollar Man used to be. His career may be young, but he's more than proven himself so far as the cowardly Mexican heel. His role may remain, but he'll inevitably move up the card.

I also predict the return of a "lightweight" division.

Honorable Mentions: Kaval, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, David Hart Smith, Tyson Kidd, Husky Harris, Alex Riley, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne, Santino Marella

Who'll be released within 5 years: Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Vladimir Kozlov, Ted Jr, David Otunga, Zack Ryder, Ezekiel Jackson, Michael McGuillicutty, Yoshi Tatsu, Darren Young, Primo, Michael Tarver

1. John morrison need better mic skills but i think hes like a new era hbk...
2. Miz undoubtably deserved to be in the spot he's in atm kinda like a 2010 rock..
3. Sheamus best new heel in years gunna take hhh spot one day..
4. Randy Orton already a 7 time champ within the next 5 years hell be 10 or maybe more.
5. Drew McIntyre defs a great heel the chosen one he has alot more championship in him..
6. Alberto del rio future champ within 2 years of bein in wwe...
7. Tyson kidd mic skilll need work but i think wit his new bodyguard is gunna take his character to the next level would like to c the ic or us title around he waist very soon..
8. Wade Barrett (nexus) already a maineventer can't wait to c what happens when nexus break ups c if the rest of them can live up to expections...
9. Jack Swagger former world champ gunna be a great worker for many years..
10. Big Zek Jackson Hope he gets a big push soon should be awsume...

Without regard to order, and barring injury, its fairly easy to make a top ten list within WWE.

1. John Cena- The man is 34 and already a legend within the business. The 9 time WWE/World Champion is the epitome of what all superstars should strive to be: passionate, driven, and well rounded. His improvement in the ring is easy to see, as is his dedication to the business and the fact that he is the FACE of the company. There's no reason to suspect that will change anytime soon.

2. Wade Barrett- The man has gone from being a relevant unknown to NXT Season 1 winner to leading the most dominant stable and angle of 2010. He's a main event performer already on the mic and is improving steadily in the ring by the match. Barrett is a near-flawless heel who will continue to excel at that for a long time.

3. Randy Orton- Whether a heel or a face, Orton is becoming one of the faces of the company through his facial expressions, in-ring performance, and in-ring dominance. I havent seen someone pushed as hard as Orton was at the end of 2010 before losing his title since Cena in 06/07.

4. The Miz- He plays the heel whose so easy to hate, yet is so passionate about the business. He seems to be in it for the long hawl, and he's done a great job already in his first run as WWE Champion as an ambassador for the company. I dont see that changing anytime soon as he's cemented himself in the main event scene for years to come.

5. Sheamus- Another main event level heel whose performance has steadily improved overthe past few months. He was moved to Raw in October 2009 and is already a 2 time WWE Champion and the 2010 KOTR. His in-ring work has improved steadily as has his pacing of matches as evidences through his series with Morrison and theres no reason to believe he wont continue that trend as he continues to improve on the mic as well.

6. John Morrison- He still needs work on the mic, but he's successfully shed his spot monkey label in the ring and has solidified himself as a great storyteller in the ring. He's somewhat bland as a face and seems more natural as a heel, but he's seemed to find a new aggressive side that has benefitted him as a face. Winning the No. 1 Contenders match has propelled him into the main event scene, and I expect him to hang around there for ahwile.

7. CM Punk- vince has already publicly stated how much he likes Punk as a commentator, so healthy or injured, Punk is bound to stay relevant. Punk has the mic skills and in-ring ability to carry any feud he's apart of, so its safe to say Punk is apart of WWE's long term plans.

8. Dolph Ziggler- Five month IC reign is a huge vote of confidence from the company, and 1/3 of all IC Champions have gone on to become WWE champion. I believe Ziggler will be among them. He's got a great look, incredible aggressiveness, and solid mat wrestling skills. Fairly young, so there's huge upside here.

9. Daniel Bryan- Even if he never leaves the upper mid-card, Bryan will be good for opening PPV's on a monthly basis and deliver ***+ matches for as long as he's around. He doesnt have the "WWE look" but he's more then adequate on the mic and among the best in the ring.

10. Alberto Del Rio- He's been on the Smackdown roster for 3 months and he's competing for championships already? Hes far better then advertised and could easily win a World Champinship within the next year. His mannerisms are great, his mic skills are stellar, and he's slowly adopting his style to the WWE style. He should be a fixture at the top of the card for years to come.

10 - Triple H - within the next 5 years, I reckon HHH will make the transition from a wrestler to the 'Mr Mcmahon' role. And lets face it, Mcmahon has to be near anyones top 10 list for the past 5 years
9 - Morrison - There are hints that WWE are putting more faith in him as a main eventer, especially with a win over a 2 time cham to become #1 contender. Not the next HBK, but probably the closest thing we're gonna get to having one.
8 - Del Rio - Wrestles a style we havent seen for a while, very technical and mat based. JBL with a technical style, he's a future WWE champ for sure.
7 - Kingston - In my opinion, Kofi is the next Jeff Hardy. He belongs in upper midcard, but should get a push and maybe a couple of world titles. But upper midcard for life, and that suits him just fine.
6 - Punk - Someone already said it; he's the nexj Jericho. Can talk, can main event, can job, he's the WWE's next swiss army knife.
5 - Bryan - I can see a feud between him and Del Rio in the future. The closest thing to Benoit or Malenko in this day and age, I can see him having one world title down the line.
4 - Sheamus - He's the next Triple H. He's big, strong, and good with a mic. Great with and without the belt. One of my favorites at the moment.
3 - Miz - He's on is way now and i think he will become what Edge became as the Rated R Superstar, only bigger
Joint 1 - Orton - I think he'll be as big in popularity as Cena by this time, and will probably be promoted more by WWE than Cena in my opinion. Great psychology, and knows how to subtley get the crowd into a frenzy.
Joint 1 - Cena - Nuff said, really. He's the cashcow, and a good performer (he's consistent, nowhere near as bad in the ring as people made out, and can tell a story). he has more moves than Austin did when he reached this level of pupularity.

One thing springs to mind though...I think Cena may transition to movies full time ala Rock within the next 5 years. (btw thats not selling out, thats looking after your health). In which case, Orton will become the face. In this case, I would put Ziggler on my list at number 10. I can just see him being another Billy Gunn. All the potential, all the right pushes, just never makes it.
An honourable mention goes to Barrett. He may (probably will to be honest) become champ by then but I can see him taking a while to establish himself, especially when Nexus does dissolve for good.
Another mention to DH Smith. I reckon this guy could break out as a proper singles star given the right advice and direction. Not necessarily wwe champ material, but upper mid card I can see in him, given the chance.

Without regard to order, and barring injury, its fairly easy to make a top ten list within WWE.

1. John Cena- The man is 34 and already a legend within the business. The 9 time WWE/World Champion is the epitome of what all superstars should strive to be: passionate, driven, and well rounded. His improvement in the ring is easy to see, as is his dedication to the business and the fact that he is the FACE of the company. There's no reason to suspect that will change anytime soon.

2. Wade Barrett- The man has gone from being a relevant unknown to NXT Season 1 winner to leading the most dominant stable and angle of 2010. He's a main event performer already on the mic and is improving steadily in the ring by the match. Barrett is a near-flawless heel who will continue to excel at that for a long time.

3. Randy Orton- Whether a heel or a face, Orton is becoming one of the faces of the company through his facial expressions, in-ring performance, and in-ring dominance. I havent seen someone pushed as hard as Orton was at the end of 2010 before losing his title since Cena in 06/07.

4. The Miz- He plays the heel whose so easy to hate, yet is so passionate about the business. He seems to be in it for the long hawl, and he's done a great job already in his first run as WWE Champion as an ambassador for the company. I dont see that changing anytime soon as he's cemented himself in the main event scene for years to come.

5. Sheamus- Another main event level heel whose performance has steadily improved overthe past few months. He was moved to Raw in October 2009 and is already a 2 time WWE Champion and the 2010 KOTR. His in-ring work has improved steadily as has his pacing of matches as evidences through his series with Morrison and theres no reason to believe he wont continue that trend as he continues to improve on the mic as well.

6. John Morrison- He still needs work on the mic, but he's successfully shed his spot monkey label in the ring and has solidified himself as a great storyteller in the ring. He's somewhat bland as a face and seems more natural as a heel, but he's seemed to find a new aggressive side that has benefitted him as a face. Winning the No. 1 Contenders match has propelled him into the main event scene, and I expect him to hang around there for ahwile.

7. CM Punk- vince has already publicly stated how much he likes Punk as a commentator, so healthy or injured, Punk is bound to stay relevant. Punk has the mic skills and in-ring ability to carry any feud he's apart of, so its safe to say Punk is apart of WWE's long term plans.

8. Dolph Ziggler- Five month IC reign is a huge vote of confidence from the company, and 1/3 of all IC Champions have gone on to become WWE champion. I believe Ziggler will be among them. He's got a great look, incredible aggressiveness, and solid mat wrestling skills. Fairly young, so there's huge upside here.

9. Daniel Bryan- Even if he never leaves the upper mid-card, Bryan will be good for opening PPV's on a monthly basis and deliver ***+ matches for as long as he's around. He doesnt have the "WWE look" but he's more then adequate on the mic and among the best in the ring.

10. Alberto Del Rio- He's been on the Smackdown roster for 3 months and he's competing for championships already? Hes far better then advertised and could easily win a World Champinship within the next year. His mannerisms are great, his mic skills are stellar, and he's slowly adopting his style to the WWE style. He should be a fixture at the top of the card for years to come.

^^^ this! this is a fantastic list. i just wanted to add my final thoughts to it...

gotta consider that some major names will be retired within five years, including the following: Taker, Kane, Edge, Mysterio, Show, Jericho (for good) and Triple H. those seven gone leaves a lot of room for people to step up.

honorable mentions that could have made this list if only there was more "spots" available: Kofi & Swagger. i really expect big things from these guys in the next few years and enjoy their chemistry with each other as well as with some of the names listed above.

"question mark" award goes to Christian. i love everything this guy does inside the WWE ring. his face, heel, tweener roles, mic work, ring work, work ethic, etc... i really appreciate all of his efforts. i just have no idea what the future holds in store for Christian, but i hope that it's nothing other than the absolute best. i think he could hold his own in the Main Event and have incredible feuds and matches with a variety of opponents. it just remains to be seen what doors VKM will allow to be opened for the Capt.

Mine's top to bottom
1. John Cena: face of the company, $$$, and still early 30s
2. The Miz: Heel of the company, $$$, late 20s
3. Randy Orton: 3rd gen. like Rock (it was close between him and Miz but realized that RKO will always be behind Cena like Rock was behind Austin until Austin and Cena are out for injury etc.)
4. Sheamus: the new heel HHH/Batsista, strong and sneaky, 30s
5. CM Punk: the new Y2J/Edge, can be put anywhere and thrive, 30s
6. Daniel Bryan: The new technical guy taking over for HBK and Benoit, late 20s
7. Wade Barret: To much work put into him not to keep him around as something
8. Santino Marella: Funny as hell, can replace HBK as merch seller (DX x-mas spots)
9. HHH: Mr. Helmsley, if you please.
10. Kaval: I think he'll replace Rey's masks with his Warrior's Way vests and he's damn good tech and high flyer.
11. ?: we may see some new guy emerge in that time to ecplispe everyone above. It is the E after all.

1) John Cena- he is the face of the company and will be until he retires
2) Randy Orton- he is like the 2nd face of the company and the crowd loves him whether he is heel/face.
3) John Morrison- his ring abilities are just awesome and his mic work is getting way better.
4) Sheamus- he has been a 2 time WWE Champion and he also has great talent in the ring.
5) The Miz-Current WWE Champ. The Miz is one of the best mic workers in the company, he just needs to improve very slightly in his ring abilities and he would be AWESOME!
6)Wade Barrett- another great mic worker and his in ring abilities can get better.
7) Daniel Bryan- he is an amazing competitor and in five years I can see him being the WWE champion.
8) Dolph Ziggler- he reign as IC Champ just shows what's install for him.
9) CM Punk- he is a great mic worker and a great in ring competitor
10) Alberto Del Rio- ever since his debut he has been kicking butt and I think there's a lot that he can do.

Also some other guys I see getting better over the years- Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, Kofi Kingston (he was close to my top ten), Ted DiBiase and Evan Bourne.

1. John Cena- he's on everyones list. There is no reason he shouldn't be. He's headlined seven Wrestlemanias, he's held nine World Championships, he's got the most exposure. He trully is the face of the compoany and I seriously doubt, any of that will change in the next five years.

2. Randy Orton- if he can stay injury free, there's no doubt he will be headlining his share of mainevents for years to come. He can work great heel or face and is willing to adjust to either role. If he clears up his shitty attitude he'll be at the top for sometime.

3. Wade Barrett- The top heel right now. He's leader of the Nexus. He is incredibly over as a heel and has tremendous mic ability to make it far in the company. His career is only beggining and he's already main evented five or six Pay Per Views. There is no doubt that he will stick around awhile and be on top possibly for the rest of his carrer.

4. Sheamus- another like Wade Barret that had a lot of "it" to make it in the WWE. Someone saw something Sheamus and he's been relevant on RAW ever since. Taking out Triple H could quite possibly be the passing of the torch. He'll be around for five years. Hell, he'll be around for ten. I could even see him following in Triple H's foot steps.

5. CM Punk- I don't exactly knoiw what to say about him. He's the perfect package. The complete package. CM Punk has some of the best mic skills currently in the WWE. He's been the top heel in the company ever since his hell turn. I believe Punk can play a face just as good as a heel. The Straight Edge gimmick is a perfect fit for the PG rating. Punks here to stay.

6. Miz- he's been here for a while, but only now finding his true spot. He's been getting exposure as of late and the WWE seems to be really behind him. He could possibly be a new Cena if booked correctly. The Miz has the ellite mic skills to cover his lack of talent in the ring which isn't even that bad.

7. John Morrison- some people dub him as the next Shawn Michaels. I think its somewhat of a strech but there noi doubt he's got the talent to make anyone look good in the ring. His matches with Sheamus have proved that he can really hang with the big boys. Morrison is a future World Champion. I loiok forward to the rest of his career.

8. Daniel Bryan- I'm hoping for a World Title reign one day, I don't care how unlikely it is. WWE has put a lot of their trust into Bryan holding the United States Championship so early in his WWE career. He's put on great matches and no doubt draws in some of wrestling most hardcore fans.

9. Alberto Del Rio- a phenomenal heel. Rich, cocky, know it all, kick ass, mexican who thinks he's better than apeveryone else. That just screams heel. He's great in the ring and will most likly be here to stay. He's been pushed as if he is the second coming and i, for onel have noi problem with it. He's great. And can really put on a match with anyone. He has a bright future.

10. Jack Swagger- oh yeah! I'm a huge fan of this guy. Week after week after week, he's been putting on excellent matches with whomever he is facing. He's being build great right nowwhich should've been done before his first world title reign. I'd like to see a face run sometime soon to prove to me he can really do anything required of him. He will be champion once again and he will be the top dog 5 years from now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back