Who was Kane's best tag team partner?

CM Steel

A REAL American
This thread question excludes the Undertaker from this answer.

Kane has had many tag team partner's over the years who have won the WWF/E tag team title's with the big red machine. Let's take a look at who...

1. Kane & Mankind (Mick Foley)

2. Kane & X-Pac

3. Kane & The Hurricane (Shane G. Helms)

4. Kane & Rob Van Dam

5. Kane & The Big Show

Now which of these tag team pairs were the best tag team with the big red machine Kane?

Kayfabe, it's Big Show. They were one of the more dominant tag teams of the past decade, honestly.

Entertainment value, for me would be RVD. I have always liked the idea of pairing up a smaller guy with a bigger guy. Contrasting styles usually make for more interesting matches. They seemed to bounce off of each other really well.

X-Pac wasn't bad either.

This thread question excludes the Undertaker from this answer.

:confused: Why would you do that? It implies that Kane and Undertaker were the best tag combination, thererfore, we are looking at the second best Kane and Co. tag team. Brothers of Destruction would've had my vote. :confused:

But, at your request, my opinion is this. I most remember the RVD and Kane tagteam, and then more specifically, their break up. Seemed to have the most "realism" attached to it imo.

Well, since we can't vote for Brothers of Destruction, which I"m guessing everyone would probably vote for, I'll go with X-Pac.

It was a lot of fun watching Kane and X-Pac tag team. If it wasn't for X-Pac, Kane would still be using his voice box thing. :D

Kane's best tag team partner- From an entertainment point of view, it purely goes to X-pac. Kane's first word, Feud with Taker and Show among others were really memorable. Along with Tori, this team was entertaining. Hurricane was also good paired with Kane.

I'm with Nate here. Kayfabe wise he and Show were a force. Just two giants wrecking people's shit.

Entertainment wise it was RVD. They weren't as entertaining a team as Booker T and Goldust, but they were in that same mold. Kane was the straight man to RVD. One of my favorite segments with them was when they made references to smoking pot after winning the tag team titles. RVD checked his watch and it was 4:20, so he kicked back all day and soaked in positive vibes and Kane "finding a stinky skunk and taking it down to his basement"

Big Show and Kane were a dominate force to be reckon with! They both had the size and the mean streak to beat anybody. His team with X-Pac was great too! Great combination with size and speed. Pac and Kane were the tag team of the year in 1999.

Brothers of Destruction hands down. they have not one many titles but they were an ass kicking machine

in second place i'd put Mankind, simply because it was a time when Kane was unstoppable and Mankind was just sick in the head.

X-Pac, only because the emotional roller coaster they had in 1999. And it actually worked really well the bond between X-Pac and Kane was one of the top stories of 1999. Of course in the end after Kane standing by X-Pac's side X-Pac pretty much backstabbed him. It made X-Pac the biggest @$$ at the time but hey it worked only because of the emotion involved.

Kane and Hurricane were entertaining for sure, but out of that list ive got to go with RVD. Remember some great matches with them as a team (and the unmasking and subsequent feud between the two was great too)

And I know its excluded but as far as Brothers of Destruction are concerned, my favourite moment would be 2001 Royal Rumble and Takers entrance. So much epic.

How can you exclude the brothers of destruction? like it was said this poll is just about whos second best.... But ill play along and say Big Show too....

Back in 05 and 06 this guys were DOMINANT... winning the titles by chance after shawn was picked for the title match at cyber sunday, they destroyed all competition, they even took out batista before their match at survivor series.... what i didnt like is how they ended, they got beat by the Spirit Squad (really?) and then Kane went mad because of May 19th!....

Well it's OBVIOUSLY The UNDERTAKER!!!!

But since you put some "mythical" ban on voting for him, RVD!

The pair were different and unique and complimented each other very well.

The Mankind run fell flat for me. Hurricane wasn't bad but there best match was the TLC Kane won by himself. The Big Show was alright but is just a much worse Undertaker.

I rank the X-Pac partnership as #1, even over undertaker. When I was a little kid I remember loving the relationship they had it was so simple that anyone could relate to it. That partnership was as popular as both guys ever were and it was dropped way too soon. Reuniting DX didn't really serve much of a purpose as Triple H could have done just fine with Just the outlaws as his stooges. X-Pac never recovered after that and though their feud was good their parntership had far from run its course. Kane became somewhat directionless for a long while which he hasn't completely shaken, to this day Kane can't get a consistent push. Maybe its just nostalgia but I loved them together.

I gotta go with X-Pac. It was on of the biggest storylines of that year. We had Kane's first words, and they just had this bond that we could relate to. The partnership with X-Pac added a whole new layer to the Kane character, and when Xpac turned on him it was one of the most heartless heel turns in a long time. I would give second place to Big Show just because of how dominant the team was.

It has to be X-Pac. I loved that team, they were partners at the time when I was reallllly getting into wrestling, much more than I had been before.

I liked the whole storyline about how Kane had never had a friend and then he had bonded with X-Pac, and that Pac was helping Kane come out of his shell and to talk without the use of his voice box. Plus, adding Tori to the mix as Kane's girlfriend was great too. The way this team ended, with the betrayal of Kane by X-Pac was perfectly done, and I voted for this feud the other day as the most personal heel turn I could remember.

Their styles worked well together, Kane as the big, strong powerhouse and X-Pac as the smaller, faster flyer with all the kicks. I think the big man/ small man tag team always works (e.g HBK/Diesel, Kendrick/Ezeikel, Big Show/Jericho etc) and this team was really good, plus it had a great back story round it.

WHAT!?!?!? Why can't we vote for Undertaker? Obviosely that was his best pairing. Talk about dominant.

I guess I'd have to say RVD. I know people would say huh?!?!?? But this is when he took his mask off. I'd say it was pretty significant.

My personal favorite Kane tag team partner would have to be Rob Van Dam. Because RVD matched Kane's extreme level of danger in the ring. Kane & RVD were a deadly 1-2 punch inside a WWE ring. And they won the WWE world tag team titles together so that's a plus.

Kane & the Big Show are my second favorite. Kinda reminds me of David Robinson & Tim Duncan in the NBA playing with the San Antonio Spurs back in the day. DOMINATING!

I have to say Kane and RVD. But then again I am a big RVD fan. But that combination you had power and strength with agility, speed, high flying and technical wrestling aswell. RVD and Kane were good entertainers together.

Dominating my ass. Let's look at some facts about this feared Kane and Big Show tag team.

1. After they won the tag titles at Taboo Tuesday, they only defended them a grand total of ONE time and that was Wrestlemania 22. What happened the next night? They lost them to the fucking Spirit Squad who couldn't even go over DX one time in that awful feud. Give me a break. Big Show sure does know a lot about holding a title a long time and not doing shit with it as evidenced by his U.S. Title reign.

2. They only had EIGHT tag team matches. Eight tag team matches in five months. Am I supposed to be impressed by that?

Give me Kane and Rob Van Dam. They were champions that I could be proud of. Fighting champions. Almost every match they had on Raw, they were competing as a tag team. I don't care for holding titles and not doing shit with them. I just found something good about Raw in 2003. Kudos to me.

It looks like the "Team Hell No" will be the last tag team that Kane will be in before he finally retires from the ring. Team hell no is a comedy team like how the team of Steve Blackman & Al Snow back during the attitude era. But I don't think that team hell no will be one of those Kane tag teams that will be remembered in depth looking in wrestlings past.

Team hell no will always be linked to the WWE-PG era as an entertainment tag team. They will not go down in history as the greatest tag team ever. There just a fade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back