• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who should the Uso's feud with next?

MartialHorror

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Are their any teams that would work? Everyone will probably say "The Ascension", but I don't think they deserve a shot this early. I might've been okay with it if they ambushed the Uso's after winning back the Tag Team championship, as that would've been a hell of an introduction...but as it is, The Ascension burying Sandow just left a bad taste in my mouth. No one was put over as the Miz didn't do anything (so it was mostly a handicap) and now the Ascension is squashing local talent...There's seriously no jobber teams? Couldn't they have just paired Swagger and R-Truth or something?

But at the same time, there isn't anyone else who stands out. Goldust/Stardust have already feuded with the Uso's too much and last were seen jobbing to the failed New Day gimmick. Cesaro/Tyson Kidd is a maybe if they continue booking them the right way, but it would be a tough one to overcome considering Cesaro's blatant jobbing status.

A continued feud with the Miz/Mizdow would only work if the emphasis is on the Miz/dow split, but I don't like it when the champions are treated like a minor point within a bigger storyline. The Uso's have, in my opinion, lost a lot of steam for already spending the majority of their tag team reign playing second fiddle to whoever happened to be feuding with Bray- primarily Cena or Jericho.

The Uso's have fought every tag team on the roster right now many times over. The only one they haven't gone up against is the Ascension, and that's who they should face next.

Not saying the Ascension should win the titles, shit half the fans in the crowd last week didn't even know who they were, but they would give the Uso's a hell of a match. When you have so few tag teams to rely on, not having a bout between the two would stick out like a sore thumb, considering the Uso's have beat everyone else.

The New Day, end of story. The New Day should've been the ones to take the belts off of Miz and Mizdow, but they opted for the Usos instead. It would be interesting to see Jimmy and Jey take on each different pairing of the New Day and to see if the New Day would use the freebird rule since they decide the teams by playing odds and evens before the match

The New Day, end of story. The New Day should've been the ones to take the belts off of Miz and Mizdow, but they opted for the Usos instead. It would be interesting to see Jimmy and Jey take on each different pairing of the New Day and to see if the New Day would use the freebird rule since they decide the teams by playing odds and evens before the match

The New Day havent appeared since the crowd turned on them and I hear their house shows didnt get a much better reception.

If the crowd aren't reacting to The New Day, turn them heel. Give them a kind of religious cult edge as opposed to a Wyatt Family creepy cult edge. Try have TND adopt or try to make the Usos apart of the TND kind of like CM Punk's SES

Ascension. These guys were quite honestly the best tag team of 2014, no matter which way you look at it. Saying they don't deserve a title shot is ridiculous because once you move up from NXT, it's not a "clean slate". Forgetting everything they've done in NXT would be stupid. These guys held the NXT Tag Titles for almost a YEAR, so technically, they should be able to go "We've just lost these titles, we want these new ones".

I'd love to see Ascension take an almost year-long reign with the WWE Tag Titles, just to really piss everyone off.

The New Day havent appeared since the crowd turned on them and I hear their house shows didnt get a much better reception.

I must have missed that. When did the crowd turn on them? Only seen the New Day wrestle a couple of times now, but the reaction from the crowd with either positive or meh. Haven't seen really any negativity towards them at all.

I must have missed that. When did the crowd turn on them? Only seen the New Day wrestle a couple of times now, but the reaction from the crowd with either positive or meh. Haven't seen really any negativity towards them at all.

I think it was the RAW after TLC. They were booed and there were even New Day sucks chants.

Ascension. These guys were quite honestly the best tag team of 2014, no matter which way you look at it. Saying they don't deserve a title shot is ridiculous because once you move up from NXT, it's not a "clean slate". Forgetting everything they've done in NXT would be stupid. These guys held the NXT Tag Titles for almost a YEAR, so technically, they should be able to go "We've just lost these titles, we want these new ones".

I'd love to see Ascension take an almost year-long reign with the WWE Tag Titles, just to really piss everyone off.

I'd agree, if WWE treated NXT like it was on par with the main roster. But for whatever reason, Vince likes repackaging wrestlers and not seeing their push through. Right now, the Ascension hasn't won over audiences on the main roster. Only smarks would care if they competed for the titles. This can be changed, if WWE built them the right way. They should've fought Los Matadores instead of Cesaro/Kidd. Then feed them New Day. Then maybe I can buy them as contenders for the belt.

Even though WWE acknowledges NXT, they don't always appear to share the same continuity as characters change names, personalities, etc. Hell, look what they're considering doing for Adrian Neville. Excellent NXT champion turned into some sort of Mighty Mouse bullshit.

The Usos next feud should be against… EACH OTHER. Turn one of them heel, start someone's singles push.

They're not fully over with the crowds, and I thought the whole angle with Miz and Naomi was to tease an Uso split and singles push, but they seem to have dropped it.

WWE doesn't fully commit to tag-teams, which is why we've seen the same 3-4 teams face each other over and over again.

Have them eventually drop the belts to the Ascension, maybe at Wrestlemania, and then the Usos can face each other at SummerSlam or earlier.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Miz and Mizdow continue to feud with the Usos maybe even get the titles back tonight. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Usos disappear from title matches until after The Rumble. Both guys will likely be in The Rumble and there is no need for a tag title match as well.

Otherwise I can see Kidd and Cesaro getting thrown in to contention. Maybe J&J Security or NAO will get a special treat now that HHH is back in power.

There was a good match at NXT with Usos and Sami against Ascension and Corey. It was a good match. Personally I think the Usos are SAWFT.

The Usos as champions is sooo played out. I'd rather see them as underdogs that put on great matches but never win (maybe if The Ascension gets the titles this can happen). As champions they are just so unbearable. Otherwise Cesario/Kidd could probably put on some great matches with them.

The tag division started to pick up and then it just stalled as it was the same teams against each other over and over. It really doesn't matter who the Uso's feud with as none of the current teams do much for me. Ascension just comes across as a poor mans Road Warriors/Demolition at the Raw level.
The tag division has been so buried that what it needs is to make some top level guys into a team. With the Shield being the exception nobody in the tag division is moving much further than they are. Someone had a post asking about career mid carders well these are those guys.

Unfortunately the WWE hadn't really build up any other tag teams besides Miz and Mizdow.

I thought they were going to do something with New Day but they barely wrestle together.

I'm guessing for now just have Miz and Mizdow one more time then have them face Cesaro and Kidd.

Just a thought but what if they unite Bray and Dean? The Nu Wyatt Family and they can feud with the Usos until Dean turns on Bray, probably around Mania. Gives enough time for a new tag contender to emerge and it gives both of them something to do for a Mania that seems built far away from them.

And OP, do me a favor and rewatch the first tag match Miz/Dow had against Usos that night. Mizdow wasn't legal at all in the entire match. He watched. Miz fought the entire match! He took the pin so Mizdow didn't have to. In theory, Miz should be exhausted and just about burnt out, I mean he basically fought a handicap match against the tag champs. Mizdow being alone in the Ascension match, made sense.

I would say Cesaro and Kidd with a big push they should be next. The Ascension will have there time soon enough, they should start to give them stronger competition like Los Matadores and New Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back