Who should hold the gold?

The_Grimace

Nothing can kill The_Grimace!
With both mid card titles on smackdown tentatively if the US or IC title comes back to RAW, who should hold it and why?

Me I'm going for Evan Bourne or Drew Mac.
Why because there really the only two top tier mid carders on Raw as of right now. You have Kofi who proved he can work main event what was it like last year with orton. You have Ziggy who should be main event and then that leaves ray ray and The raging ****** Jack Swagger but he's busy with the coletard, and rays kinda just there to collect a pay check and do the 619 imo.

So how bout the rest of you?

If Swagger turns on Cole at E.R which i think is a real possibility after Smackdown, i think the All American American could become the US Champ. Maybe have Kofi cost Sheamus the win or something.

The only downfall to this is that Swagger is now on RAW and Sheamus SD!....

As for the IC Title, i actually think Rhodes will end up getting it from Barrett. He has recently said he hopes to be in the Main Event scene by Mania 28, and i think Sheamus and Barrett will be pushed back to the Main Event on SD, so a decent reign from Cody with the IC Title would be nice..

After Smackdown I see Kofi beating Shaemus for the Title and taking it to Raw, as they should not have the US & IC on both shows.
What I really want to happen is for the IC title to go to Raw. I like it alot better then the US title (which looks like a toy just the same as the current WWE Championship belt).

If Kofi takes it to Raw I would really like Swagger, McIntyre, Masters, JTG & Tyler Reks to all be in the title picture for it. After the draft, I am really looking forward to seeing where and how the WWE goes! I believe there is exciting times ahead.

I wouldn't mind seeing Zack Ryder with either title but I know that's not going to happen. I say give the title to Swagger; it fits the gimmick. He can give these all american promos and talk about how non americans such as kofi and drew don't deserve the title.

I would love to see Kofi or Zach Ryder hold gold on RAW. chances...Slim. So im sure WWE will bring the US Championship back to RAW and the All-American American will hold it. MAYBE even SIN CARA upseting him for the US Championship sending the IC to RAW. They have pusehed Sin Cara harcore and i wouldnt be surprised to see it. Im suprised he doesnt have a match at ER. I love the guy, he's a great high flyer and exciteing to watch.

But

After Cena outlast The Miz and John Morrison the RAW GM will beep in (I hate the GM) stating that Cena will defend the title tonight to a man that didnt wrestle at EXTREME RULES and "OOOOOOH RADIOOOOOO" Zach Ryder would shock the world and win the WWE thanks to interfernce from none other than THE ROCK...

a man can dream right?

It seems pretty obvious really, Sheamus attacks Kofi on SD, they have a match on Extreme Rules and Kofi wins and brings the title back to Raw to continue his rotting in mid card hell. From there it is really anyones guess as to what happens with the title, JoMo, Ziggles, Swagger, Drew etc are all viable options to feud with Kofi. Even someone like a Del Rio or Punk could take the title to give them something to do considering they are three potential main event heels on Raw (Punk, Del Rio and Miz) and they can't all be in the spotlight at the same time. But yeah in terms of who brings the title back to Raw Kofi is the obvious answer.

Sheamus will hold the gold for now!
At least for over a month...

And then he could very well lose it against Kofi Kingston or Drew McIntyre!!
But not right now, he is only USA champion for 45 days, if he loses it would be bad for him! Another month and then you can take the tittle away from him!

My personal pick is Kofi Kingston, just because i want to see Drew in the ME scene!!

it seems like sheamus and kofi have a little cross-branded action going on so maybe they'll be a thrown in match at ER or maybe just have a title match on television. i can see swagger turning and going for it since cole is on both raw and smackdown, swagger is too. so swagger can make the turn on raw then go to smackdown to confirm the turn (Like edge did a little while back)

Sheamus is a solid United States Champion. Right now, nobody can beat him at anything he do. He has the power, he is comfortable with the ring, and he can talk.

Wade Barrett on the other hand is a bit shaky with his Intercontinental Championship. If you pay attention to his matches, you'd notice that he is not particularly good in the ring. Well, he is quite stiff in the ring. I also find it strange that WWE is not putting Ezekiel Jackson, his teammate, in one on one singles match. The Intercontinental Championship would look real good on Daniel Bryan or Mark Henry.

Kofi winning one of them again bores the crap out of me. He's won mid card titles time and time again and he's yet to have an exciting reign with one of them.

I love Sheamus as US champ the only reason I'd take it off him at the moment would be to push him to the main event scene because he's making that title look good by proxy at the mo. Barretts done fuck all as IC champ. Don't really know why they gave it to him. I like the guy but he needs out of the Corre and doing something fast or he's just gonna be forgotten. He's lost that aura he had on Raw of someone that was special.

i think barrett is very solid in the ring, extraordinary even, and this is from a wrestlers stand point. he does exactly what he needs to do as a heel, hes good at bumping, good at the beatdowns and can get the crowd against him in an instant. i think sheamus is the shakey one in the ring

I personally don't think it'll go to Raw....I think Sheamus will eventually lose it to Daniel Bryan and then Barrett and Bryan will feud to unify the titles....A raw superstar will eventually win this title from Bryan........and then the cruiserweight title will be bought back to smackdown (almost all the light heavyweights from raw were drafted to smackdown apart from Mysterio (who's beyond the cruiserweight title) and Bourne))

However if the title was to come to Raw by Extreme Rules....your best bet is Kofi Kingston because he's the wrestler Sheamus is currently feuding with and will probably get a shot at the US title in an unadvertised, last minute match at Extreme Rules depending on what time constrictions are.

Stephen will prob have the title for a while yet since he`s tight with HHH and its only been a couple months since he won it.

I really don`t see what the point was in giving Stu the IC title, he should just be let go.

Honestly it doesn`t really matter because those titles mean nothing anymore. lets think about it. Kofi is a 3 time IC and 1 time US, and the guy just got destroyed on smackdown following serval months of losing and relative unimportance(as the then reigning IC champ).

I see Sheamus loosing it to Kofi or someone from RAW in a last minute match at Extreme Rules and then going on to fued with Christian for the WHC. They had a very Good Match on RAW 2-8-10(I think thats the only time they faced each other Correct me If Im wrong) I think they could have a Good fued and Sheamus is a proven ME and thats what Christian needs to fued with.

I can't see how Kofi will get the strap. he has 0 momentum unlike Sheamus. I would like to see Bryan get the IC title from Barrett then move onto a Cody Rhodes feud. Then of course drop it to Cody who has been one of, if not, the best mid carder over the past few months.

Also Dolph Ziggler could take one, but i don't see that happening..he'll probably feud with Evan Bourne or something.

i think Drew Mcityre should hold the US title because he deserves it.Plus it would bring back his Chosen One gimmick.He should hold it for at least 5 months and then drop it to John Morrison.Then they could feud for a while to bring some credibility back to the title.:worship:

Stephen will prob have the title for a while yet since he`s tight with HHH and its only been a couple months since he won it.

I really don`t see what the point was in giving Stu the IC title, he should just be let go.

Honestly it doesn`t really matter because those titles mean nothing anymore. lets think about it. Kofi is a 3 time IC and 1 time US, and the guy just got destroyed on smackdown following serval months of losing and relative unimportance(as the then reigning IC champ).

Stephen? Stu? Why don't you use their proper names? :p

Barrett being given the title was necessary because he needs to have had a mid-card belt. WWE has already learned from Swagger that if you give some noob a World Title before he's ready, he'll struggle to keep it engaging.

That said, Barrett hasn't been given anything to do with his title. It seems as if WWE went, "Shit, need to keep Barrett relevant. Stick the IC Title on him for a bit". Which is bad because the IC and US titles are supposed to be stepping stone belts.

Now then SteelRevenge, I get where you're coming from when you say those belts aren't relevant. But they can be. Just look at Dolph's reign, greatest IC reign in years, that was money.

And to be fair, Sheamus' reign hasn't been that bad - he's not really defended it, but he's shaken up his character a bit to give us something fresh. I don't know about you but I found it well funny when he came on sporting a star-spangled version of the Laoch costume. Absolute hilare, but maybe I just have a strange sense of humour.

What does WWE need to do to keep these belts relevant? Book title defences. Every week. Consistently. Or every PPV at least. I get sick of PPVs where someone is IC or US champ but they're shoehorned into some tag match (which inevitably is not for the tag titles either).

Build up feuds. Benoit's first IC reign was awesome, he was defending that shit week after week, and if they couldn't get room for him on Smackdown they'd do it on Heat! Dolph is, as I already mentioned, another excellent example. He defended it every PPV for a good while, and the ones where he didn't, he went against the other midcard champ in Daniel Bryan. That's how you book a mid card.

The only reason Mark Henry even sniffs the US title is if creative and Vinny Mac wanna say thanks for the years of hard work and give him a few weeks with the strap. Otherwise thats just never going to happen.

I do like the idea of Bourne getting the title, even just for a bit. Despite the fact that he is super over with the fans, WWE still needs more high flying action. Rey, Barreta, Croft could all get into the mix of the US title and it would benifit Raw greatly.

What I would like to see is Barrett feud with Sheamus and lose his title. I think the two of them could have a great feud and I also think that Sheamus needs the title more right now. Even though he just held the US title he doesnt have anything to fall back on now, but if Barrett lost it something could be stirred up with the Corre.

For the U.S. title I would like to see Drew McIntyre hold the belt. If he's every going to fulfill his promise of being a world champion then he really needs to get cracking as he hasnt done jackshit in months. Right now Kofi is boring me, I like him and I think he's great but lately he's been putting me to sleep and there are plenty of other guys like D Mac who need it more. Kofi has already held a midcard belt recently and he honestly does not need it, he should be put in an entertaining feud after losing the belt to someone like Drew or Evan Bourne. Or if you want to rekindle a dead career give it to Chris Masters :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back