• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Should Beat Mark Henry?

Who should defeat Mark Henry?

• Randy Orton

• Sheamus

• Christian

• Big Show

• Other.. (Please State who)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Over the past few months, Mark Henry has been a complete monster badass heel. He's been taking out people left and right, from Big Show to Kane to the unmentioned Vladimir Kozlov, to an attempt to take out Randy Orton as well. He's been dominant in every match, even in his match with Orton at HIAC, which he won in convincing fashion, and his promos are good too. He's a legitimate scary guy, and I think WWE has done wonders with pushing Henry. However, every good thing must come to an end, including Henry's title reign. He's been booked like a complete badass though, and beating the likes of Big Show, Kane, Sheamus, Christian, and Randy Orton, who should end the title reign of Henry and more importantly, who should end his mean streak? I for one think that this will be his only title reign as world champion, so whoever ends his title reign, may probably end his time in the main event spotlight.

I for one think it should be Sheamus. He's done a complete 180 turn with him turning face, has loads of potential, and is really over with the fans. He's a pretty good wrestler, and you can give him the ball to run with for a few months or years, I think he could be that guy that Smackdown revolves around (not including Orton). No one else on the Smackdown roster should take the championship away from Henry. Orton? He doesn't need the championship right now, he should try and get Rhodes over as an upper mid-carder/main eventer. Big Show or Kane? I certainly don't want to see them as world champions again. Daniel Bryan? I can't see that happening? Anyone else? They're probably either heel, or don't deserve it.

Who do you guys think should beat Mark Henry for the championship?

I would say that the one who finally does it should be someone new. Any of the "usual suspects" of orton, sheamus, big show, etc. are already usually in or circling the main event and a win won't really do anything for them that they haven't already done.

I think that henry should be toppled by someone that the WWE feels ready to be catapulted to the main event. A victory over henry's character right now would probably be the biggest push they could receive.

Unfortunately, I'm not really sure who on smackdown is ready for a monster push, so it's hard to answer the original question. Maybe turn cody rhodes face and have him do it? That's the only real prospect I can think of right now with respect to pushing someone new into the main event picture. Daniel bryan just doesn't seem right for it.

The WWE would seriously fuck everything up if they book Orton, Shemaus, Christian or Big Show to go over Mark Henry for the World Heavyweight Championship. Whoever defeats Henry for the strap, needs to be someone who can get over in the process of winning the belt. Someone who comes to mind is Daniel Bryan. Daniel Bryan is a guy that the WWE seem to want to get behind but isn't exactly pulling the trigger on a huge push. Daniel Bryan is a fine worker and a fine athlete, however, he isn't that over. Booking someone new to the main event scene and having them go over Henry would be brilliant booking in my opinion. So feed Henry's last four or five dominant months to someone who could use the rub. Whatever the case may be, whoever stops Henry's momentum would be looked at as an absolute hero and I'd hate for the WWE to use that on someone who is already massively over like Orton, Sheamus or Big Show.

Even though I'd like Big Show to defeat Henry and get a long deserved run, it needs to be Sheamus. Ever since he has turned face, Sheamus has been improving tremendously and his reactions get better each week too. I think that he would be the perfect candidate to defeat Henry because he is on the path toward becoming a top face. Orton could slip into a tweener role or even go back to being a heel, since most fans don't like him as a face. Sheamus on the other hand, is winning over more fans each week. The Celtic Warrior should end Henry's reign and take his place at the top of the blue brand. Make it happen, WWE!

That's a good question actually because with the monster run Henry is on whoever finally defeats him is bound to get some serious momentum. Personally right off the bat i don't think it should be Orton simply for the reason that he doesn't need it. He's already the guy on smackdown weather or not he ends Henry's run and id like to see someone else being elevated due to the stigma of beating Henry.

Firstly i would suggest Daniel Bryan. Beating Henry would do wonders for his career and would solidify his place in the main event of Smackdown. If he is going to wait until Wrestlemania to cash in then you have plenty of time to build a feud between the two while keeping Henry on an huge run going into April. Im just a litlle sceptical about this happening due to wwe not having Bryan on Smackdown or raw at all in the last few weeks but he has to cash in his briefcase sometime so they still have plenty of time to build him up again.

My second choice would be Sheamus. He's currently the number 2 face on the blue brand and ideally i'd like to see him win a month or two before wrestlemania and set up a huge face vs face feud between him and Orton for him a wrestlemania. Given how short Smackdown is on main eventers at the moment i think this would be the best feud they could go with heading into wrestlemania and personally we don't see enough face vs face feuds these days. I don't understand it as it's not set in stone that a face champion has to defend his title against a heel and vice versa.

I'm surprised that Kane isn't on the list. I can't see anyone other than Kane that can stop Mark Henry. Remember, before he was taken out by Mark Henry, Kane said that he would bring back the monster inside him because he is becoming more human. If that big red machine comes back, I'm pretty sure he will beat the crap out of Mark Henry.

I guess I am not getting the logic behind DB 'needing' to be the one to beat Mark Henry. Let's face it, DB isn't a guy you treat as a main eventer. This isn't me displaying the infamous "WWE doesn't know shit!" mentality his internet fans have. DB doesn't have the charisma to get over and stay over as some lovable character. His matches haven't really gotten the crowd into what he does.

Back to who should beat Mark Henry? Sheamus. The guy has been absolutely on fire since he Brogue Kick'd the shit out of Wade in July. The fans want to see him beat the hell out of someone. And Sheamus comes across as much more likeable than most of the guys on either show that gets labeled as a 'face.' He just needs to stop cutting promos and it is all good. :)

That and I want Wade Barrett vs Sheamus in a feud already, dammit. :glare:

Sheamus looks like a very good bet for it. He's really doing an great job and it would do a lot for him as a face. That being said; I don't think it'll be him.

It seems to me as if Daniel Bryan will get the nod. This whole angle he's working right now seems to be leading towards him eventually snapping and going on an absolute tear. What better to cap that off than a victory against Mark Henry, the man who has ravaged the entire Smackdown roster. Henry has beaten Christian, Orton, and everybody in between. Big Show is next. I mentioned this in another thread, but the reason Show got the upper hand on Henry last Friday night was so that the pay off would be sweeter when Henry eventually beat him and retained the belt. It'll make him look unbeatable when he goes over a brutal giant, the only guy who can match up with him physically.

Now think about this: What will that do for the guy who beats him? It'll make him look like gold. He'll be over instantly. He'll be a made man, a real threat. For a guy like Daniel Bryan, it'll do a lot more than it would for Sheamus, who is already a main eventer and a multiple time World Champion. Daniel Bryan has a fan following and he's getting better and better, working his way up the ladder. A win over Mark Henry will do wonders for him.

Do any of you listen to when Daniel Bryan comes out he makes Alberto Del Rio look like Vickie Guerrero. Unless Bryan can make non internet smarks care I really don't think he deserves the nod against Mark. People can talk all about Sheamus being MADE. In reality though he isn't he beat Cena with Cena falling through a table looking like an accident and pinning Cena after an attack by the Nexus. He had to hits around Seven brough kicks to beat Triple H so any credibility he had taking H out was buried quickly. Honestly Sheamus has done shite all togeather right now interms of being a Main Eventer.

Sheamus and Mark never got to close off thier rivalry with two countout wins for each so why not end it and truly make Sheamus hit the roof so to speak. Make a Chart.

Daniel Bryan's Pros: He's a good 'rassler', Not as bad as you would expect mic skills.

Daniel Bryan's Cons: No Personality, Looks awkward standing next to most wrestlers, considered a geek by everybody under the sun, had to get over using Micheal Cole, Crowds seemingly don't care for him recently.

Sheamus Pros: He can work a good match, great mic skills, only seems to get more popular, looks believable, and has 'good' connections with Triple H.

Sheamus Cons: I couldn't tell you maybe the overabundance of Irish limricks.

Who do you really think deserves to dethrone Henry of the two.

The answer is simple; someone who needs it. Whether that be Sheamus, Bryan or another lower-card talent looking to smash through the glass ceiling, they'll be the ones to do it. Show or Orton or Kane don't need it, and really should stay away from Henry after he's finished with them (much like it seems Orton is). Whoever gets the honour is going to get an incredible amount of credibility by taking down Henry, and that shouldn't be wasted on someone who already has been through the ringer a few times. A young, future face of the brand should be the one to take down Mizark.

I voted other but id rather not see henry loose at all. Id rAther he keep the strap til theday he retires which isnt to far off. If he must lose it none of your options work because they are already established. I think Henry needs to go on a heel version of Goldberg's streak. Thats going to drive ratings with a simple formula. I believe during that time guys like orton and big show and guys on the cusp like kofi need to engage him in a best of three or best of seven competition. That way they can share partial victories in early rounds against henry while still alowing henry the final rounds and alowing both to remain credible.

Im hopin kofi can get the title off of him and if danial bryan can have a CM Punk moment by then and make it clear that hes brian danialson an upset victory might not be too bizarre. Then theres the option of taking another heel under his wing as a protege and awarding him the title the same way Henry got the european title.

I think Bryan needs it, he needs to unleash the American Dragon, and I think in another month or two, even though he "claimed" to want to cash in the case at WM, I think an Edge-esque opportunity is knocking for him, maybe even at Vengeance, Show vs Henry, Henry wins after a long, knock out, drag along battle, then Bryan comes down smashes Henry in the head with the briefcase, and then bam, new champion, he gets over since Henry is heel, and any face that beats him will get over, and he can run with the title for awhile, winning matches for it like Mysterio did in '06, using quickness against bigger opponents, and gaining the same face push that Rey did.

I think the person should be Ezekial Jackson. One day Mark Henry is saying I have been going and destroying people and says he wants competition and then Big Zeke comes out and says, "Your not the only one that has been on the destructive past and now I want competition and I want your world title. I think Big Zeke would be the perfect candidate to dethrone Mark Henry.

I can't even imagine how the hell would Ezekiel Jackson put Mark Henry to his torture rack. I don't think that is possible. And I don't think Ezekiel Jackson would be given a main event push.

As for Sheamus, yes he is on a roll and he might be able to stop Mark Henry. Although he got beaten up and slammed in a barricade on one of their matches before Mark Henry became a world champion, he said that he is not done yet with him.

Big Zeke has Ahmed Johnson viability because simply put he is the Ahmed Johnson of thiz generation. But zeke unseating henry as a heel succesor would be a tough transition..

I think Bryan should be the one to unseat Henry. They can almost build it up like they've done with any "underdog" match against Mysterio. "Henry has gone through the likes of Sheamus, Orton, Big Show, etc., etc. and Daniel Bryan is next? No way Bryan wins!"

Bryan pulls off the upset over Henry and becomes the man overnight by doing something no one else could do over the duration of Henry's push.

Note that I think it SHOULD be Henry, but I have a feeling it WILL be Sheamus.

I want someone new and fresh. For example Mason Ryan, I want to see him step up a little bit more. He has the physique and marketability and he definitely has the potential to get in to the main event picture if he proves himself to be competent on the mic and improves his in ring ability. Another problem is that with the title changes recently being so frequent, Henry won't hole the title for 1/2 year and Mason will not have sufficient time to make himself credible.
Realistically, I think it will either be Big Show, Sheamus or Big Zeke. Who knows if Vladimir Kozlov is coming back :p

I think they are building Sheamus up to be the man who will knock Henry off (or Orton will just win it back..)

But if anyone has seen the Danielson vs. Morishima feud, then my god, if he could bring something like that to the WWE, that would be absolutely amazing (except for the eye socket thing of course) Bryan taking the belt off Henry after a massive war would really make him a star... and Henry one too!

I'm gonna have to go with Daniel Bryan.

Like it's been stated in this thread, whoever beats Mark Henry will instantly become a star. Sheamus is over, Orton is over, same with Big Show, Kane, etc..

Daniel Bryan needs that push. The WWE hasn't even come close to utilizing his full potential, and that's sad because he is a damn workhorse and can go in the ring.

Besides, I could totally see Bryan as the world champion. He would look great carrying that huge strap.

Let's just hope the WWE uses Henry's loss to springboard someone who actually needs it.

tough call. big show deserves a run. but mark henry just started his run and deserves to have a nice long run. i would love to say that william regal should take the title off mark henry, but i doubt it will happen. i would love to say that sheamus should win it because he is currently doing amazing!! loving it! actually he has always done great!! id say daniel bryan but i dont know what happened to him :( plus he isnt believable to win the title from mark henry. so in short either the big show or sheamus should end his reign when the time is right.

It's an interesting question and there are some genuinely interesting directions the WWE could take this.

Sheamus' turn from heel to babyface has been as smooth as the prom queen's ass. He's gotten extremely over as a face in a short amount of time. He's been on a roll and it does look as if he's being built up strong for a potential run as champ. I've been a fan of Sheamus really since he showed up on Raw and he's just shown that he's got the goods. Plus, I just love that rough, stiff looking style he works. It fits in perfectly with his character and it just adds some legit intensity to him. Plus, it just looks friggin' cool.

Another way they could go is with The Big Show. I've never been a huge fan of Show but, after this past Friday, I have to say that I'm genuinely looking forward to see him take on Mark Henry for the title. He gave a great, passionate promo and they can deliver a very solid, physical big man match. There won't be a lot of suicide dives or hurricanranas or anything like that but you don't need flashy offense to put on a good wrestling match. Show's a veteran that's never really had a long World Championship run. He's been loyal to WWE and I can possibly see them giving him a run like they did with Kane last year.

Daniel Bryan is also someone that's got a lot of people wondering. He won the MITB briefcase at the MITB ppv in probably one of the biggest upsets in recent history. He hasn't been doing that well since then but I remember reading that the idea was to do a losing streak storyline with Bryan before having him just cut loose and kick it up several notches. I like Daniel Bryan inside the ring and I think he's got legit potential to be an interesting character. If WWE can bring that out of him in time to build him up as a legit contender for the title, then I could see it happening.

Personally, I'd prefer someone take the title off Henry that could genuinely use the rub. Randy Orton most definitely doesn't need the title and it'd be just a huge wasted opportunity to put it back on him. While I'm interested in Big Show right now, I just think, again just my opinion, WWE would be better off just using Show to put Henry over even more than he already is by having him go over a well known veteran that's been a physically dominant force.

It's got to be Daniel Bryan. You need to use Mark Henry's momentum to build a guy and the person who would benefit most from it is Bryan. Orton, Christian, Sheamus or Big Show do not need a rub at all from anyone because it is perfectly believable for them to be able to win a title at any given time. A win over an unstoppable monster like Henry could build Bryan's career in the WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back