• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who "Nose" About Monday Night Raw?

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
Yeah, it's a terrible Thread Title. So kill me. I like it.

Anyways, wanna do a quick recap on what we've seen this morning/evening. First, we had a pretty good segment, which involved Randy Orton & The New Nexus. There was a brawl, which at one point, Orton smashed Punk in the face, where he must have broken Punks Nose, hence the excessive bleeding. Blood was all over his wrist material, and the ring. He hit Orton with the GTS to end, followed by the Straightedge Salute.
Rating:****

Mason Ryan vs R-Truth was next, wasn't nothing special. Ryan won with some strange leghold. He went to attack Truth with a chair afterwards, was stopped, so applied the leghold again.
Rating:**

Gail Kim, Eve & Tamina vs Melina & The Bella Twins followed a short Punk segment. The match had Natalya on commentary. More of a quick drinks break for me, although I caught some of it. Eve hit a spinning neckbreaker for the win here.
Rating:**

John Morrison vs Michael McGillicutty came after the break. Not too bad a match here, and JoMo hit a great Starship Pain for the win. It actually looked GOOD. Liked the bit with JoMo's arm trapped in the stairs, but was obvious that he'd move it in time. Good bit of back and forth, overall a good match
Rating:***

Miz & Riley come out now, and Miz asks Riley to leave the ring & King to enter. He says that King & himself are very similar in their paths and they are mirror images of each other. King says Miz is a pattern of him, but that he is an original. Lawler calls Miz a sucker after being shown a V.T of him punching DiBiase last week. Miz says "I'm the Miz & I'm....", with Lawler going "AWFUL". Miz goes for the attack, Lawler counters, until Ted DiBiase comes out. Daniel Bryan then comes out to make a save, and the Anonymous GM makes a Tag Team Match there & then.
Not a terrible match, but the ending of King's Team winning with the fist drop just doesn't do anything for me. Bryan's suicide dive did though.
Overall, the segment and match get;
Rating:***1/2

Sheamus comes out after the break, with Josh interrupting him, telling him Mark Henry says he should be in his place in the Elimination Chamber. Sheamus lays into Henry, making fat jokes, and gets in the Ring, waiting for Otunga. Otunga comes out, so does Henry. Sheamus gets the upper hand until finally Henry slams him.
Rating**1/2

ADR vs Santino is then taking place. Wonderfully enjoyable match, I love Santino, so it's obvious why I enjoy it so. Many highspots for Santino, including a build-up for the Cobra, which is avoided by ADR, leading finally, to him applying his armbar for the win.
Rating:***

I won't talk about Ziggler/Cena segment, it bored me. And I like Ziggler.
Rating:*1/2

Last of all, Cena vs Punk.
Punk and Cena tie up then Punk knocks Cena into the corner and elbows him on the top of the head. He attempts a running knee but Cena moves and throws Punk into the corner then hits a bulldog. Punk stops him with a kick then throws him outside, and waits on the apron and hits a diving clothesline. Punk rolls Cena back in and hits a running knee and a bulldog, then sits and smiles as he waits for Cena to get up.
He goes for the GTS but Cena slides out and he runs Punk into the corner and hits a flurry of kidney punches. The ref backs him off and tells Cena he has to listen to him, then Cena just low blows Punk out of nowhere. The ref rings the bell and Nexus runs to the ring, and Ryan checks on Punk as McGillicutty and Otunga corner Cena in the ring.
Lawler leaves the announcer's table and hands Cena a chair and he beats the two of them with it! Nexus rolls out of the ring and Cena dares then to come back in as Ryan and Punk stare back at him from the floor.
Rating:****

Pretty enjoyable way to end Raw. Like that Lawler gets involved, and the match ending was different for a change.
Overall Raw Rating:***

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back