Who named the PG Era of the WWE?

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Well, now that the name "PG Era" seems to be universally accepted by the IWC as the name of this Era of WWE that we are in, I'm just curious if anyone can say how the term "PG Era" came about? Does anyone know who named it?

Also, do you think it is appropriate or not?

Well, now that the name "PG Era" seems to be universally accepted by the IWC as the name of this Era of WWE that we are in, I'm just curious if anyone can say how the term "PG Era" came about? Does anyone know who named it?

Not sure who first started the "PG" era, as far as name however I am sure its mostly because of the IWC. According to an article I read on WWE.com it was the fans that named it looking for a reason for the subpar creative progaming as of late.

Also, do you think it is appropriate or not?

Very appropriate. May not be as subpar as everyone thinks but its not adult oriented anymore, which in my opinion takes away from us fans that have been around forever.

Not sure who first started the "PG" era, as far as name however I am sure its mostly because of the IWC. According to an article I read on WWE.com it was the fans that named it looking for a reason for the subpar creative progaming as of late.

The term "PG Era" was actually mentioned on WWE.com?

I'd have to see it to believe it.

Very appropriate. May not be as subpar as everyone thinks but its not adult oriented anymore, which in my opinion takes away from us fans that have been around forever.

Complete opposite of Attitude Era, definitely. Very appropriately named.

Yes it was actually on a Blog from a member of the universe, I must have recalled wrong, but either way i did find it on wwe.com.......Kinda funny this guy blames the "children" for the substandard programming. The link to the Blog is bleow if you still want to look at it.

http://fans.wwe.com/carsonritz/blog/2009/08/20/pg_era_illusion_of_your_mind

Hmmm. That clearly is a fan that wrote that. So no official acknowledgment from WWE on the name. At the same time, I figured WWE wouldn't care for the name of this Era, as it paints them out to be a bunch of wusses, considering they used to be known as the "Bad Boys of Television". Not now. Not anymore.

However the name "PG Era" is the name most reflective of the content of this Era of WWE Television. And no amount of spin is going to change the image this Era has. Years from now and as new fans study history, because of the name, those fans will always have an idea of what went on during this time frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back