• Beth Phoenix

• Victoria

• Jillian Hall

• Melina

• Michelle McCool

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
To humor both myself and jBack, here is a poll of the Best female Wrestler currently appearing on WWE TV. Notice the emphasis on the word wrestler.

The List

Beth Phoenix
Victoria
Jillian Hall
Mickie James
Melina
Candice Michelle
Michelle McCool
Ashley

Who does the community here at WZ think is the best female wrestler in WWE

When it comes to WWE women, it's not the wrestling. It's how much jiggling goes on. Therefore Ashley is the best.

Really? Mickie James? Mickie is an average in ring wrestler at best, its Beth Phoenix right now by far, Come On people, I thought you were smart enough to pick out the difference between mat wrestling skills and the ability to entertain. Thats why I put the emphasis on WRESTLING skills, not the ability to entertain.

I dont care about womens wrestling in WWE. Best WRESTLER is irrelevant. You might get the occasional good match, but it's looks that will get you booked properly. What will happen to Phoenix after her initial title run? Nothing. They will give the belt to somebody prettier. And I imagine she'll go to Smackdown to help Diva search contestants.

but that doesn't change the fact that she is a great wrestler, same with Shelton Benjamin, he's being poorly used right now, but it doesn't change the fact that alot of people still recognize his talents, why should it be any different for Beth or even Victoria, who is a great mat wrestler as well. Just because Beth isn't as pretty as Candice does that mean that people should just ignore her talents?

Yeah but as a male wrestler Shelton will eventually recieve a push. There's nothing left for a woman to achieve in WWE once they've won the Womens Championship. Also women only have a limited shelf life in wrestling. There's always new models coming in.

True, but If a woman has a remarkable talent, like say Molly or Jazz, those two had great in ring skills, and even though it could be argued that they were both one hit wonders inside the womens division, its their names that jump to the top of the list when the topic of greatest womens WRESTLER comes up. Even if in WWE a woman doesn't have the most title reigns to say she's the best, IMO, having the support form the fans saying your the best is more than what any title could do for you.

True. But are they great because of WWE? That company didn't do much for there careers. Certainly not Jazz's.

WWE gave them the exposer, If Molly had stayed in WCW and not moved to WWE would she have been as big? Jazz, even though brought in only to better Trish's career, the exposer she recieved from WWE, IMO, opened many of the fans eyes to not only of how good of a wrestler Jazz was but it help elevate Trish to new heights. If Jazz had stayed o the indy circuit, the fans probably would be unaware of Jazz's abilities.

WWE gave them the exposer, If Molly had stayed in WCW and not moved to WWE would she have been as big?

I dont think that's a relevant question. Because I think she would have been bought in during the Invasion. And she possibly wouldn't have been lumbered with the Holly gimmick.

Jazz, even though brought in only to better Trish's career, the exposer she recieved from WWE, IMO, opened many of the fans eyes to not only of how good of a wrestler Jazz was but it help elevate Trish to new heights.

It elevated Trish, but she would have got there because of her looks anyway. And it doesn't prove anything. Ask most fans who the best Womens champ of all time is. It will be Trish. While Jazz probably would be near the tail end of a top 10.

I dont think that's a relevant question. Because I think she would have been bought in during the Invasion. And she possibly wouldn't have been lumbered with the Holly gimmick.

True

It elevated Trish, but she would have got there because of her looks anyway. And it doesn't prove anything. Ask most fans who the best Womens champ of all time is. It will be Trish. While Jazz probably would be near the tail end of a top 10.

Ask those fans again but be sure to emphasis the wrestling aspect, most people, when they think of the greatest womens wrestler of all time, will lump mat skills and entertainment skills together, and sometimes they'll just add the entertainment aspect, because, after all, in WWE the entertainment aspect IS more important than the wrestling aspect. Switch the question, and more than likely, Trish will be near the bottom, and Lita, Molly, Jazz etc will be at the top.

Ask most fans who the best Womens champ of all time is. It will be Trish. While Jazz probably would be near the tail end of a top 10.

I think thats only because most fans will vote Trish as the best, due to two reasons. 1. She was "hotter" than a lot of the others, & definately better looking than Jazz. And 2. She was by far, the most popular.

Jazz, in my opinion, was better wrestling wise then Trish Stratus, so Jazz should be accounted for as the better performer. But I suppose as far as W.W.E. Women's Champion goes, Trish could also be looked at as the better of the two, since she held the Championship more, not to mention for a solid year. (funny how people complain about Cena at times for that year reign, but the Trish year reign - which half she was injured & couldn't defend the title - goes unnoticed?)

Anyways, staying ON topic.. I voted for Victoria.. & the votes seem nicely evened to Mickie James, then Victoria. I'd agree with that, although Victoria has been there longer so she should get the top end of the votes. I think Mickie is getting the better portion, due to being more on top lately than Victoria has been.

Yeah but why is Mickie James on par with Victoria? Popularity and looks, certainly not wrestling skills.

thats what I just said, the Trish factor is coming into play again, notice how I didn't vote for Jillian either.

Wait, you don't think Mickie James has wrestling skill? Or you don't think Victoria has looks? I'm confused

I think Mickie is ok at best. And Victoria isn't one of WWE's main girls. She'll never grace the cover of a Diva DVD or mag. Although personally i prefer her to the Barbie dolls.

Beth Phoenix is by far the best female wrestler in WWE right now, she is Kurt Angle while Mickie James is Triple H

I think Mickie is ok at best. And Victoria isn't one of WWE's main girls. She'll never grace the cover of a Diva DVD or mag. Although personally i prefer her to the Barbie dolls.

The thing for me, that sold Mickie was her ass in those skirts. Thats purely a male reply though. Honestly, to me, she has skill.. more so then some other current divas that're being pushed. (Jillian) Thats not to say Jillian won't be huge later.

And Victoria won't grace any cover, or be the main girl because she isn't a barbie doll. Victoria has gotten a little bit bigger in the thighs, & thats how most average, beautiful women look. W.W.E. doesn't sell "average & normal" though, so thats that. I love Victoria for everything she's ever been. (outside of the ho gimmick w/ Godfather) And I wish they'd return her to being a dominate heel. Also, for what its worth.. regarding divas in playboy.. I'd like to see Victoria, but I was also strangely enough wanting Molly Holly in playboy at one time before they made her out to be "fat & ugly," which she isn't to most degrees. (although she isn't tooth-pick skinny persay, either)

Overrated?

To an extent, I thought she was overrated on the indy circuit, but in WWE, where 90% of the women can't wrestle worth a shit, I think her status goes from Triple H (overrated) to Kennedy (promising, but IMO restricting at times, due to lack of talent)

Great discussion guys, good points made by both.

However, after hearing all of that, I still have to vote for Jillian. I have watched some of her matches online and have been very impressed. If she drops the singing gimmick, she not Beth, couldbe the next women's champ. I think she has well rounded skills and is still hot as hell. Melina and Beth are close second and third. Its been hard to tell lately if they are any good since they are always wrestling Candice.

The thing for me, that sold Mickie was her ass in those skirts. Thats purely a male reply though. Honestly, to me, she has skill.. more so then some other current divas that're being pushed. (Jillian) Thats not to say Jillian won't be huge later.

And Victoria won't grace any cover, or be the main girl because she isn't a barbie doll. Victoria has gotten a little bit bigger in the thighs, & thats how most average, beautiful women look. W.W.E. doesn't sell "average & normal" though, so thats that. I love Victoria for everything she's ever been. (outside of the ho gimmick w/ Godfather) And I wish they'd return her to being a dominate heel. Also, for what its worth.. regarding divas in playboy.. I'd like to see Victoria, but I was also strangely enough wanting Molly Holly in playboy at one time before they made her out to be "fat & ugly," which she isn't to most degrees. (although she isn't tooth-pick skinny persay, either)

When it comes to the WWE Women's division. The ones that are pushed heavily and consistently are the ones that Vince wants to fuck. Simple.

To an extent, I thought she was overrated on the indy circuit, but in WWE, where 90% of the women can't wrestle worth a shit, I think her status goes from Triple H (overrated) to Kennedy (promising, but IMO restricting at times, due to lack of talent)

Agree. Can be good given the right opponent, but the wrong opponet just expose all there flaws.

Like if Mickie James wrestled for Shimmer, odds are that she'd be in the mid card, not because she totally sucks, but because she's not quite on the level of those girls, Jillian too. Beth on the other hand, I could see her in the main event in Shimmer (Oh, wait, she WAS main eventing Shimmer before she came to WWE)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back