• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is Mr. Money in the Bank

Mr Money In the Bank

• Kane

• Matt Hardy

• Christian

• Kofi Kingston

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dwayne_Jason

Do I have everybody's attention now
This is not a Thread about who should be the one to get Money in the Bank but rather who deserves the NAME Mr. Money in the Bank among the young and upcoming stars. There have been many wrestlers, legends whose name was synonymous with a certain wrestling event/object/term. When you think of a promo you think of the Rock, when you think of a tweener you think of SCSA, When you think of a sledgehammer you think of HHH, and when you think of a chair you think of Mick Foley. Finally, when you think of wrestlemania you think of Mr. Wrestle mania HBK, and the Phenom Undertaker.

So my question is, who of the people here can be considered "Mr. Money in the Bank" who of these you think must be in a Money in the Bank otherwise it would lose its match quality?

I have to go with Kane since he brings the muscle in the match and he's the one who can climb a ladder so people know he MIGHT win, and he can also throw 'em like a ragdoll.

The first one was a collective effort on the past of the 6 guys involved, that's why it was the best. The rest are mostly just guys trying to have their moment, lurching from one spot to the next.

Mr. Kennedy has been in one and he was the best thing in his match. That's a 100% hit rate if you ask me. Edge was the MVP of the best MITB match, but he was also fairly anonymous in his other two.

the only MITB matches i was impressed with was the first and second, the one at 25 was ok and i never saw the 24 one, but i would say Shelton benjamin, aside fro this year, everyone was always looking forward to his crazy spot that year and what it would be, that dive off the ladder at 25 on the outside had my heart skipping a beat

Stupid question since Mr. Money in the Bank is the name given to someone who wins the match!!!

But I would say either Edge or Shelton Benjamin, ...Benjamin has been at every single Mania match and has made an impact in each one always doing some daredevil stunt...

Edge is said since he has been in some aswell...and well he won the first one and when I think MitB, I think Edge..

Mr. Money in the bank is no doubt Rvd... he was the first to be called it and he actually had a real match to cash it in.. RVD....MR Monday Night, Money in the Bank, pay per view, and the whole fn show!

I would not want my name associated with the MITB if I was a wrestler. It isn't a big thing anymore, the matches usually aren't great. Now sure having the briefcase is good because it assures you a title, but in reality, I'd rather be known for being a champion than being known for something less than a champion.

So it's simple, Mr. Money in the Bank is Miz. He has it right now. Then the next guy will be it.

CM PUNK is mr money in the bank how can anyone forget about his CLEAN 2 wins? Edge didnt win clean he just took the case from Ken kennedy

for sure this has to be a tie between Edge and Shelton Benjamin.

Benjamin is one of the best pure athletes in the business and is well known for his athleticism and his crazy spots. so he was always someone to look forward to on winning the briefcase. plus he was always a relatively serious contender to actually winning the briefcase, both because of his talents and his numerous opportunities to be in the match itself.

then again, as stated earlier, Edge is the very first winner of the match in what was arguably the best MITB match. for one, it was the first and so it set the bar high. but also, because of the history of the men involved, it was pretty amazing. and the talents of all involved has never been duplicated. and with only 6 men, it made it a little less clustered. Edge held onto that briefcase for nearly a year, so his cash-in was something that at one point i doubted would ever happen. and when it did, it propelled Edge to instant superstar credibility. the length of time he held the briefcase and the way in which he cashed it in, the gimmicks that came afterwards (both as the Rated R Superstar and the Ultimate Opportunist) both were/are really good gimmicks, etc. so for me, Edge gets the nod because he's been in a few, won the first one, held the briefcase the longest, won a briefcase after not winning the match (from Mr Kennedy), and had a totally sick spot in one MITB match that he lost in being driven thru a ladder by Jeff Hardy. my nod goes to Edge here.

CM PUNK is mr money in the bank how can anyone forget about his CLEAN 2 wins? Edge didnt win clean he just took the case from Ken kennedy

that was his second MITB briefcase. Edge won his very first briefcase in the very first MITB match clean, fair and square.

but CM Punk did win two years in a row, which has yet to be duplicated, so props there.

cm punk hands down , 2 consecutive years , clean wins , and he cashed them in on 2 great occasions , once on edge and once on Hardy which made him the heel he is today so i'd have to go with CM PUNK!

second i'd say edge because his first money in the bank match win and when he cashed it in was the day the rated R superstar won his first world championship. :)

id have to agree on rvd to some degree. did he win the match? yes. he he go on to not jus take advantage of a beaten down champion, but to challenge a fresh champion and proceeded to beat him(granted edge interfered and helped him) but thats another story. bottom line is rvd won the title in a clean match. i clarify clean by saying it was a new match indeed of a dash and cash like most other winners. i thing mitb isnt jus a gimmick(or at least not in the beginning) but mitb is a way tofind a torch bearer for the future. rvd did fit that bill until his pot bust and vince stripping him of the titles due to that arrest. rvd had the potention to put on great quality matches and had great staying power at that time. mitb rvd was totally mitb for the company until his stupidity got ahold of him.

I'd have to give it to either CM Punk or Shelton Benjamin.

CM Punk won the MitB 2 years in a row, one at the 25th anniversary, and won the title both times. One of which title wins not only thrust him into the main event, but we saw the epic heel turn that ensued.

Shelton Benjamin, although he hasn't won any, was in nearly all of them, and he played big roles. He hit big spots, he did major moves, and every year he was in one, you wouldn't know for sure that he wouldn't have a chance of winning. He was one of the most exciting parts of MitB for me.

My choice would be either Edge or CM Punk.

I'd choose Edge because he was the first ever winner of MitB. That match at Wrestlemania, imo, should go in the history books. If it wasn't for this match's success, it wouldn't have had a sequel. In fact, i'l go as far as to say that Wrestlemania 21's mitb was the best mitb match I have seen so far. But anyway, when Edge won this match, it instantly garnered him so much attention. It set him ready for a catipult luanch to main event stream. Besides, the way he cashed in his MitB has been the best so far. He actually waited almost a whole year before cashing it in. And I'd say the cash in (New Year's Revolution) was very surprising to say the least. No one, at least not me, would have guessed Edge to cash in his contract right after the Elimination Chamber match.

On the other hand, CM Punk has won two Mitb CLEAN. And he has cashed in both at rather nice times....

But still...I gotta give Mr. Money in the Bank to Edge, the first ever winner.

How would Shelton Benjamin be considered for the title "Mr. Money in the Bank?" Just because he was in the matches doesnt give him any claim to the name. Just b/c Shelton Benjamin was a great athlete doesn't mean he is all the sudden a pick over people that have actually won the MITB match. Matt Hardy was in MITB matches too, but no one has mentioned him. Shelton Benjamin has as much claim to the name "Mr. Money in the Bank" as Tyson Kidd has to the "Worlds Largest Athlete"

Anyhow, my pick is CM Punk. He won the MITB briefcase twice and went on to win titles twice. Edge would be a very close second pick.

There's a few people you could give this name to:

Edge: This guy was the first Money in the Bank ladder match winner and has also been involved with every cash-in except Kane's (speared Cena to give RVD the win; won MitB from Kennedy and cashed in against 'Taker; Punk cashed in on a wounded Edge; Punk cashed in on Hardy after his match with Edge; Swagger cashed in after Jericho was attacked by Edge)

CM Punk: The one and only Straight-Edge two-time consecutive Money in the Bank ladder match winner. First time he cashed in he was well on his way to headlining, second time he cashed in he was well on his way to becoming the awesome main-eventing heel that he is.

Rob Van Dam: This guy was the second Money in the Bank ladder match winner. He was the first person to call himself Mr. Money in the Bank as he previously went by names such as Mr. Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday Night and Mr. Pay-Per-View, this name has stuck and pretty much every MitB winner is called Mr. Money in the Bank. He was the first and only briefcase holder to announce when and where he was going to cash in and won the gold when he did to become WWE and ECW champion in the launch of the ECW brand.

Shelton Benjamin: This guy was a staple in Money in the Bank ladder matches. He usually managed to make at least one huge move in the MitB match, such as when he ran up the ladder which was leaning on the other ladder. Although he is now gone, MitB will always miss him.

Other MitB winners (Kennedy, Swagger, Miz, Kane): These guys each managed to win Money in the Bank and I guess that means that they could call themselves Mr. Money in the Bank too if they wanted.

There isn't one yet. If anyone I'd pick CM Punk as he's won the most. Edge's 2nd MITB was due to his "Ultimate Oppurtunist" gimmick, not winnning the match.
RVD's bust made the checks stop coming so there's less money in his bank, Anderson much the same.
WE've yet to see it. MAybe Miz if he manages to carry that case for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back