• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who else?

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
I've heard a few people bitch about Trips winning and it should be used to build up a younger wrestler.

I'm always against putting the world title on someone to elevate them further but it worked well for Rollins.

Who though? Who should it be? Here's the list of people who were in the match who were not former world WWE champions:

Rusev
AJ Styles
Tyler Breeze
Curtis Axel
Goldust
Ryback
Kofi Kingston
Titus O’Neil
R-Truth
Luke Harper
Stardust
Neville
Braun Strowman
Kevin Owens
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Erick Rowan
Bray Wyatt

Now take out lower card, jobbers, old timers and the other three Wyatt members because it doesn't make sense.

I'm taking Zayn out as he's not long been called up, AJ because why would the storyline be to get it off Roman but give it to a guy who made his name everywhere else? Kofi, Stardust and Neville for obvious reasons.

That leaves five.

That leaves:

Rusev
Ryback
Kevin Owens
Dean Ambrose
Bray Wyatt

Ryback's moment passed when he was screwed by CM Punk. Ambrose and Owens just had a LMS match. For the sake of the bitching of how unrealistic it would be for Owens to win after losing that I'm taking Owens out.

That leaves Ambrose, Rusev and Wyatt who have hardly had stellar careers thus far.

Please tell me why an up and comer should be champion?

Lee you should have asked this in non-spam mate! I would love to see the responses up there :rolleyes: or on another forum entirely, since we have somewhat of a reputation of being quite anti-smark here (I've seen "WZ are WWE apologists" before).

Anyway the answer is none of them, at least not right now, because the up-n-comer face is better chasing on the path to mania.

A face wins the Rumble while the villain baits them with the title on the road to Mania. This culminates in the big finish with protagonist defeating antagonist. That's not just how wrestling works, that's how storytelling works. However this time the Rumble was for the title, and it was the perfect "dick over the face" situation with the odds totally and indefatigably stacked against Roman. Helmsley winning was the best way to go. It keeps Roman, or whatever face tbh, in the hunt. He probably shouldn't have won it back in December to begin with. In other words, the Rumble is merely Act 1, and not the climax.

I'm not saying Ambrose, Wyatt or Owens should not become champ, in the right time & storyline they absolutely should. But it's not the time right now really is it. I can see an argument for Ambrose, just about, and being one of the final two against Helmsley last night was a big tip in his favour as for once he looked like he could go beyond Reigns.

Daniel Bryan. Obviously. :rolleyes:

The fact is "smarks" are going to complain because smarks love to complain. Complaining makes them seem "smarter" to wrestling than those who don't.
Lee you should have asked this in non-spam mate! I would love to see the responses up there :rolleyes: or on another forum entirely, since we have somewhat of a reputation of being quite anti-smark here (I've seen "WZ are WWE apologists" before").
This is one of the few forums where a good chunk of people aren't just stupid ignorant wrestling fans. We actually have a few members here who understand pro wrestling is about more than the offensive moves a wrestler uses.

I'm quite happy about that.

Braun Strowman
That big guy is getting red hot!

shawn-michaels2.jpg

We actually have a few members here who understand pro wrestling is about more than the offensive moves a wrestler uses.

I'm quite happy about that.

We also have members who understand that a wrestler isn't inherently shit just because he's a WWE-made product or hasn't "paid his dues" for 10 years on the indies or some shit. Seriously that mentality should be dead by now.

There is little doubt in my mind that 10 years from now we'll be viewing Reigns with the same level of respect we view Cena. I respect and acknowledge that Reigns currently feels too manufactured, too engineered by McMahon. It'll improve, it has done to some extent already.

But right now Reigns is undeniably the man. With no Cena or Orton to fall back on, Reigns is absolutely The Protagonist, and Triple H is the evil iron-fisted emperor ruling over all. Roman is Frodo Baggins; even Ambrose is Samwise at best.

Something else a lot of people don't seem to understand is, there's nothing wrong with being a midcard lifer either. I absolutely believe in the value of the characters R-Truth and Heath Slater, for example. I also absolutely do not want R-Truth or Heath Slater in the main event. If Ambrose never makes it to main event, it doesn't mean he didn't have value, or that he failed. He still entertained and he was still over, and you can't say fairer than that.

They could've possibly put it on Ambrose in a plan b type move by having Triple H eliminated by Reigns. Triple H could have distracted Reigns then have Ambrose push Reigns over - it wouldn't even have to be a heel turn. Seriously, who was going to boo Ambrose eliminating Reigns? Still could've continued with Reigns/Triple H without the title being involved.

Either way I'm content with the results of the Royal Rumble. I like to see how a storyline plays out before being critical of it.

Big E. Has the momentum. Has the credibility. Has the look. Triple H definitely works but it would have required very little work to turn Big E into the hand-chosen champion and a legitimate main-event talent.

Ambrose would be interesting choice. Offcourse it would probably mean that he would go heel and align himself with The Authority but it could work. Owens would be interesting choice also but they probably have other plans for him right now with Zayn or AJ Styles.

Please tell me why an up and comer should be champion?
Suprise effect?

Other then that it has no meaning because its ludacris to have someone new to mainevent Mania as current Champion. Though its WWE, you said that Owens would be unrealistic choice after losing match before but thats standard WWE booking 101. :icon_mrgreen:

Big E. Has the momentum. Has the credibility. Has the look. Triple H definitely works but it would have required very little work to turn Big E into the hand-chosen champion and a legitimate main-event talent.

From comedy guy to World Champion in no time?

"Ladies and gentlemen, here's your new champion: Jack Swagger!"

Clearly you value the tag team titles more than WWE does.

God, I wish WWE would quit doing the thing that makes them money and start listening to me and my ideas for mediocre talent in the main event.

Triple H is perfect foil for all characters that are "being held back". It's been his shtick since before Shelton Benjamin. People just like sounding like negative dipshits when they're anonymous.

God, I wish WWE would quit doing the thing that makes them money and start listening to me and my ideas for mediocre talent in the main event.

Triple H is perfect foil for all characters that are "being held back". It's been his shtick since before Shelton Benjamin. People just like sounding like negative dipshits when they're anonymous.
gX1uiRt.jpg

I thought we would see either Reigns vs. Brock II or Reigns vs. Cena. I think Reigns vs. Cena was the plan until John became unavailable. HHH is the best option available and I'm 100% fine with it. Is HHH more than likely happy he gets to headline the biggest WrestleMania of all time? Sure he is, but he's still the best option.

Full-time Triple H beats Orton/Punk/Booker/RVD/Kane/Goldberg: TRIPLEL H IZ BURING YUNG TALENT!

Triple H, who now wrestles once a year, beats Roman Reigns: Right call.

Don't you love dem smarks?

Kofi should have won but that is based on pure bias.

It really doesn't matter who wins. ADR and Sheamus have won the Rumble as newish superstars. Winning the Rumble for the title is kind of like winning the title through MitB, it matters more what you do with the title.

Other than Reigns and Lesnar, anyone who won the title last night would likely only end up a transitional or short term champ. HHH is taking that burden off the others.

As much of a Triple H hater I am he was by far the most logical choice to win the title last night in the Rumble. Given the storyline, given how the Rumble match was done this year who else should it of been?

I mean yeah I like AJ Styles and younger guys too but lets be realistic here.

Because he's 47-year old. That's why he didn't need to win the WWE Championship.

Owens, Ambrose, Wyatt, or Bryan would have been much better options.

Going into Mania it's probably best you don't just pair up Reigns with some fan favorite, give him someone with star power and at this point only Lesnar and HHH can do that given all the injuries. I like Owen, Bryan and Ambrose too but the only one who has any business near a WM main event is the guy who isn't cleared to wrestle. Cena would have been best but he's out so might as well go with HHH.

For the record I do like him fighting Braun just because he's such a monster right now but the dude just doesn't have enough right now to be main eventing anything but a random episode of RAW, maybe a B PPV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back