• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who does Cornette think he is??

Slam Master

Pre-Show Stalwart
I cannot believe the remarks Jim Cornette sarcastically made about Shawn Michaels. Mocking someone who has recognized their downfalls and corrected them to make himself a better person is just plain wrong.

Sure, Shawn Michaels made it no secret that he wasn't too fond of Cornette when they were working together basically because Cornette didn't like the idea of pushing the envelope with DX back in 1997 and Shawn shot him down for it. Shawn was an egotistal drug addict (and is not afraid to admit it when looking back) that made it difficult for the people around him to work with. But it was also a tense time to be in the WWF cus Ted Turner almost put the Federation out to pasture.

I'm not a born-again Christian and I'm not pushing that, but its not right to judge a book by the cover he saw 12 years ago. Now Shawn has changed his ways, realized his wrongs and morphed himself into a genuinely good human being and Cornette rips him. I'm sure Jim hasn't seen or talked to Michaels in at least ten years as well...

I have a better question, actually;

Who do you think you are?

Jim Cornette is one of the best wrestling minds in the business. He's allowed to feel however he wants to about somebody, and it's completely his prerogative. I don’t think he’s talked to Michaels either in a long time, but can you blame him for still having a bad taste in his mouth after having to work with Shawn as much as he did throughout his career in the WWE. Many people share the sentiment that Jim does regarding Shawn. Are you really going to try and put these men on blast for it? Are you going to begrudge Bret Hart for how he views Shawn?

Plus, I really do fail to see exactly what he said so bad about Shawn. Here’s a direct quote;

I heard he was born again. I really wasn't a fan of him being born the first time.

What’s so bad about that? It’s really not saying anything about his past, nor is it really making fun of anything. He’s just pointing out that he doesn’t particularly care for Shawn Michaels. And it’s completely his business to not like someone. Not everyone has to like everybody.

Look, unless you’re aware how much Cornette has done for business, I’d really just let this go. I can see if this is a cheap attempt to get some Becca rep, but even she would tell you this isn’t a big deal, and that Shawn probably doesn’t care too much over it.

In short; get over it.

He's not "judging a book by its cover from 12 years ago", he read the book and formed an opinion. Is it right for him to keep his opinion of him after all these years? Sure it is. Why not? The antics Michaels did in the past aren't going to be forgotten by those that were apart of it. Jim Cornette isn't the only one to dislike him for it. But the better question is, Who cares what Cornette thinks of Shawn Michaels?

as a born again Christian, I see no wrong in what he said. he said he doesn't like him, plain & simple. i wonder if HBK's called him up to bury the hatchet? that would probably solve everything

I'm also a born-again Christian and i don't see what the big deal is. Maybe Cornette is still judging Shawn based on his doings during his first run with WWF/E, which isn't necessarily fair to Shawn now but you know what? HBK has had plenty of practice dealing with people who dislike him or even hate him. I highly doubt he'll be crying into his pillow at night because Jim Cornette doesn't lke him.

I have a better question, actually;

Who do you think you are?

Jim Cornette is one of the best wrestling minds in the business. He's allowed to feel however he wants to about somebody, and it's completely his prerogative. I don’t think he’s talked to Michaels either in a long time, but can you blame him for still having a bad taste in his mouth after having to work with Shawn as much as he did throughout his career in the WWE. Many people share the sentiment that Jim does regarding Shawn. Are you really going to try and put these men on blast for it? Are you going to begrudge Bret Hart for how he views Shawn?

Plus, I really do fail to see exactly what he said so bad about Shawn. Here’s a direct quote;

What’s so bad about that? It’s really not saying anything about his past, nor is it really making fun of anything. He’s just pointing out that he doesn’t particularly care for Shawn Michaels. And it’s completely his business to not like someone. Not everyone has to like everybody.

Look, unless you’re aware how much Cornette has done for business, I’d really just let this go. I can see if this is a cheap attempt to get some Becca rep, but even she would tell you this isn’t a big deal, and that Shawn probably doesn’t care too much over it.

In short; get over it.

I hate to disagree on ole Jimmy. But he is far from one of the greatest wrestling minds. He is one of the greatest MANAGERS of all times yes, but to say he is a great wrestling mind forget it!. Say what ever happened to Smokey Mountain? Didn't he just like drain that company? Hell he sucked as an announcer on WWE. Aside from being a manager the only good thing hes done as of late (in the past oh..5-6 years?) was being the law in TNA. He can cut a decent promo from time to time. But all in all Jim Cornette is a fat waste of space (hope Mark Madden enjoys that comment ;) ) Can't get over how fucking stupid Cornette is. ya can't make fun of someone's weight when your totally out of shape too!

Jim Cornette's opinions are swayed by who signs the checks. Which is why I never put much stock into what he says. Do you remember his rant on RAW about WCW? Or his rants now about Vince?

When he was with Vince he kissed Vince's ass. Now that he is in TNA he kisses their ass. Just throw a little green at him and he will kiss your ass.

no one on here even has the right to discuss this topic because no one personally knew shawn michaels back then or knows him now and no one knows jim cornnette personally for that matter either. Nobody knows for sure that Shawn is a better person now or how much better he is, we go by what we're told which is mass produced anyways. these people know each other, worked with each other every day and know the inside stories. Jim knows Shawn and said hes an ass and we're not really in any position to prove him wrong.

Just because shawn's reborn doesnt take away all the shit he did and just because he admits his mistakes doesnt make him any better. Bret claims shawn's a snake that will never change his stripes. Look how phony his book was compared to brets book. Bret in his book and hhh in shawns dvd said that when shawn was attacked by those 9 guys they were marines and happened because shawn was running his mouth however shawn in his book makes it look like he was attacked by "thugs" who were out to prove they could take out a wrestler and no where mentions he was hitting on the marines girlfriend. He hasn't even phoned bret to make a mence, he's still the little prick he always was imo

no one on here even has the right to discuss this topic because no one personally knew shawn michaels back then or knows him now and no one knows jim cornnette personally for that matter either. Nobody knows for sure that Shawn is a better person now or how much better he is, we go by what we're told which is mass produced anyways. these people know each other, worked with each other every day and know the inside stories. Jim knows Shawn and said hes an ass and we're not really in any position to prove him wrong.

Just because shawn's reborn doesnt take away all the shit he did and just because he admits his mistakes doesnt make him any better. Bret claims shawn's a snake that will never change his stripes. Look how phony his book was compared to brets book. Bret in his book and hhh in shawns dvd said that when shawn was attacked by those 9 guys they were marines and happened because shawn was running his mouth however shawn in his book makes it look like he was attacked by "thugs" who were out to prove they could take out a wrestler and no where mentions he was hitting on the marines girlfriend. He hasn't even phoned bret to make a mence, he's still the little prick he always was imo

So, by your theory, we can't say Mr. Cornette is wrong, but, by God, you're able to say he's right? I'm not saying I disagree with Jim, because I can't make the astute assesment that he has. Like you said, I don't know Michael Hickenbottom (or however it's spelled), and it's not my place to pass judgement on him. On the other hand, I've had a few encounters with Corny, and I can honestly say, he tends to hold grudges. Look at his little beef with Mark Madden. All because of some slight he believes Madden leveled against him?

On to topic, however, it's nobodies place (and I mean nobodies ) to tell Jim Cornette what to think of another person. If he wants to run around calling the IWC golden boys (Punk, Aries, Joe, etc.) are a bunch of assholes, he's got every right. So, do I think he was wrong in saying what he did? No, absolutely not, as that's the impression Shawn gave him at first.

By the same token, however, if Shawn or anybody else started slinging accusations at Jim Cornette, they'd not be in the wrong, either. Turn-about being fairplay and all.

First off I have listened to Cornette for years in his rants and he is far from an idiot. He is extremely intelligent and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to reevaluate their own intelligence.

As far as his comments on Shawn goes Cornette is talking on the only Shawn he knows, the Shawn from a decade ago. Do you expect him to know what Shawn is like now when he has not been around Shawn for 10 years? No. If I was around Shawn during his time on drugs and not after I would think the same way.

Listen,
It seems like Cornette, every 4 or 5 months, always makes his way onto Wrestlezone by voicing his opinion about something or someone. From someone who does not know either of the two personally, this just looks like a lame attempt to and bring some relevance to himself(Cornette), personally. He made it on to Wrestlezone a couple of weeks back stating how he doesnt like how today's wrestlers call it "their character" and other useless crap he felt he needed to complain about. (Get over it buddy. Things have changed. I think today's music is garbage but that is just the way it is.) It got people talking a little bit on forums and wrestling sights for a week and then he was forgot about again. He reminds me of someone who doesnt have a life so he gets into other peoples business and feels the need to share his irrelevant views with anyone who will listen. See, look what he has done. He has caused us to start a thread about him and now I found myself posting on the thread. Posting about someone who has no relevance in my life or my love for professional wrestling!!

This might be the most hypocritical post I've ever seen on this forum and there have been a few. Everyone has the right to feel how they want about someone, even if their opinion is formed from heresay and second-hand accounts. It's life, but for you to jump on everyone for stating that Cornette is prick for holding a grudge and then turn around a call Michaels a prick based off of stories from someone else, well, that's a hypocrite. Tell me, how many times have you met Michaels to form such an astute opinion of him?

I've never really put much stock in what Cornette has to say because he seems more of a diva than any of the women in the WWE, but he can feel how he wants to feel. Should he get over it? Probably. Should Shawn go the "My Name is Earl" route and apologize to everyone he's ever wronged? That could take a while, but if he does I don't think Cornette will be on the top of that I'm sorry list.

i've never liked cornette, think he has a big mouth, i'd love to see someone punch him square in his face, the guy talks smack about everyone and everything and anything he has ever been involved in has gone to shit, he is useless, reminds me of a used car sales man, cheap, might be a molester? who knows but the sooner this waste of human life no longer has a voice the better off we will all be, well me anyways, cheers

He is one of the greatest MANAGERS of all times yes, but to say he is a great wrestling mind forget it!.

Jim Cornette not a great wresling mind ? If he isn´t then please tell me who could be a great wrestling mind ? He has the mind and the experience, a mind the entire IWC could only dream of.

Say what ever happened to Smokey Mountain? Didn't he just like drain that company?

Yes, what happened to SMW ? Apparently it failed, does that make Cornette an idiot in terms of the wrestling businnes ? No because Jim Cornette made a partnership with the WWF at the time which led to the end of SMW, because SMW became more a part of WWF than the single company that it was before.

Hell he sucked as an announcer on WWE.

Oh you think so ? Well I liked his commentary.

Aside from being a manager the only good thing hes done as of late (in the past oh..5-6 years?) was being the law in TNA.

Seriosly, do you consider that nothing ? What has Paul Heyman done in the last 5-6 years, what has Eric Bishoff done ? Cornette worked for ROH and currently for TNA and he´s doing his job awesome as usual.

He can cut a decent promo from time to time.

From time to time ? I beg you in pardon but are you serious ? Jim Cornette is one of the best on the mic EVER !!!His promos are all at least above average.

But all in all Jim Cornette is a fat waste of space (hope Mark Madden enjoys that comment ;) )

Hah very funny ... NOT !!! All your arguments are stolen from Mark Madden´s article and you have added zero to it.

Can't get over how fucking stupid Cornette is. ya can't make fun of someone's weight when your totally out of shape too!

But you´re mocking someone who is a wrestling genius kind of the same isn´t it ?

I hate to disagree on ole Jimmy. But he is far from one of the greatest wrestling minds. He is one of the greatest MANAGERS of all times yes, but to say he is a great wrestling mind forget it!. Say what ever happened to Smokey Mountain? Didn't he just like drain that company? Hell he sucked as an announcer on WWE. Aside from being a manager the only good thing hes done as of late (in the past oh..5-6 years?) was being the law in TNA. He can cut a decent promo from time to time. But all in all Jim Cornette is a fat waste of space (hope Mark Madden enjoys that comment ;) ) Can't get over how fucking stupid Cornette is. ya can't make fun of someone's weight when your totally out of shape too!

Ok, it's time someone educated you about wrestling.

Yes, Cornette is one of the greatest managers of all time. Ask anyone that actually knows wrestling, and to be clear, Mark Madden knows almost nothing, and they will tell you that JC is one of if not the smartest men in the business. He's booked companies through the roof, even making OVW, an indy fed, get booking of the year from Meltzer.

What happened to Smokey Mountain? Well let's see. It was able to co promote with WWF, it got such talent as Mick Foley, Kane, Chris Jericho, Lance Storm and Sunny who all eventually moved on to the WWF. They had the NWA World Title for awhile. Eventually yes, it did decline, in the midst of a massive wrestling recession that it took Steve Austin and the NWO to drag it out of. Cornette has said many times that he started it at the wrong time, but it was incredibly successful given what it was and was well run. It was good enough that Vince bought the tape library for it, so what does that tell you?

Has he done much in the last 5-6 years? Well, he's been on television in a fairly prominent role, meaning he's getting paid to do what he loves. He's on radio apparently, and people still talk about him. This is opposed to Mark Madden who has contributed the following to the wrestling business: talked about how great he was in WCW, which is bullshit as he was on screen less than a year when the company was dying and was a Jerry lawler wannabe.

So in conclusion, it's clear that Cornette has done nothing ever in wrestling aside from being a manager right? Let's say that's true, which is bullshit but let's say it is. I'd go out on a limb and say Cornette made more money in a month for the NWA than Madden has made for any wrestling company in his whole, ahem, "career".

Jim Cornette's opinions are swayed by who signs the checks. Which is why I never put much stock into what he says. Do you remember his rant on RAW about WCW? Or his rants now about Vince?

When he was with Vince he kissed Vince's ass. Now that he is in TNA he kisses their ass. Just throw a little green at him and he will kiss your ass.

Wrong. Jim Cornette is responsible for Jim Cornette now. Say you're a booker in a fed. Your boss tells you to put the company over. Do you do it? of-fucking-course you do! You got no choice in the matter! Why do you think people in WWE talk about what really happened once they're released? How Scott Colton(Colt Cabana) talked about them being anti-semitic to him, and as you said, Cornette goes off on Vince today? How Matt Hardy used to say that Laurinitis had something against him when he got released in '05(mayb have the year wrong) Point is: Once you're out of the grasp of the big men, you're free, and you can talk about whatever the hell you want.

It's the way of the world, man: Your boss is your mouthpiece. Cornette just calls things like he sees it. If you dont want to put much stock into his thoughts, then don't. It's your right, and it's your choice. But don't hold it against him that Vince and Bischoff had him by the wallet at the time. It's just how it happens.

And if you're going to throw a little green at him, throw enough and he'll make you look like Jesus reborn. That's how the man works; that's how Jim Cornette will be known for: He's known for his way of putting mind to pen and pen to paper and paper to green.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back