• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Breaks Through at Wrestlemania 25?

Who can be THE breakout star at WM 25?

• Shelton Benjamin

• MVP

• Matt Hardy

• Miz & Morrison

• Carliton & Primo

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
Since this Wrestlemania seems as weak as any in recent memory, someone's got to be a rising star ready to break through. Edge, Orton, Undertaker, HBK, and many others have hit stardom at Wrestlemania.

I'm thinking of a few people that could break through. Matt or Jeff could be launched into the stratosphere if their match is as good as it could potentially be. Shelton Benjamin and Christian have a shot to break through as well in their MITB match tonight. Any other suggestions as to who could possibly be a breakout superstar out of the Wrestlemania?

I say that if a young guy like MVP wins MITB then he will be a breakout star. I also say that if Matt Hardy beats his brother Jeff then he will finally get that great push & be a breakout star.

Yeah I'm gonna go with Benjamin or MVP should they win the MITB match. Other than thar I can't think of anyone else.

CHRISTIAN!! HE WINS MONEY IN THE BANK!!! Then will go on and take the championship from Cena when he wins it. Setting up Edge vs Christian.

I truly believe this is kane's time to shine. I feel like he's due, and i think hes ready to be a title holder one more time before he leaves...He truly deserves it!

It's him or Shelton in my opinion

sorry mitb is no option..CM PUNK won.........i wanted christian to win or at least Kane or MVP......... matt hardy still can do it in my opinion......

CM Punk's win delays any big push for MVP or Shelton for another year.

Man, talk about someone who is undeserving.

all i can say is wow. ive never ever witnessed a ppv that bad besides the epic match between hbk and taker everytihng was pethetic

At this point WM is over and I don't think anyone really broke through with a win. Punk got a second MITB win, not a big fan of that. Although i thought Kofi Kingston had some great moments that are gonna last in my head for a long time despite his loss. Miz and Morrison had a real shot I think but there match got pulled. The WWE didn't really set up for the long term future tonight.

Honestly, Matt Hardy can make the best out of his push. Hopefully, he turns this into some kind of title shot with Cena or something. Otherwise, besides the Taker/HBK masterpiece, this entire PPV did nothing for anyone.

Orton really needed to go over. Now he just looks weak. But I suspected that Cripple H wouldn't allow him to go over. The sad thing is that when his career is over we still have to see that POS because he is an honorary McMahon.

I really hope that WWE just tanks it.

Matt Hardy did the best tonight, the only go to actually go OVER on the biggest stage.

I'm a Jeff fan, but it was actually nice to see a welcome to one guy to main event status, nobody else elevated, at all.

Carlito and Primo had the opportunity until they stole the match from the 54.95 we just paid. Whether or not they stood out is only valuable to the live audience.

i can't believe Triple H just screwed Orton out the of title. how is Orton supposed to establish himself at the top with and old guy constantly putting him down. The real annoying part is that we're going to get more of this from Triple H.
This is for u Hunter :fu2:

i can't believe Triple H just screwed Orton out the of title. how is Orton supposed to establish himself at the top with and old guy constantly putting him down. The real annoying part is that we're going to get more of this from Triple H.
This is for u Hunter :fu2:

eh when was the last time Triple h won at wrestlemania theres no need to complain that he won this one

I know the topic of this board was the breakout star of Wrestlemania and this is way off topic, but DAMN I am so pissed right now I need to vent.

The night opened with the tag team titles bumped off the show, WTF?

MITB was very disappointing, probably not a good idea to put someone in a ladder match who is afraid of heights, (i.e. Mark Henry) Punk wins and suddenly I find myself wondering if this is Wrestlemania 24 or 25.

Kid Rock now plays for 10 mins. They put this on instead of unifying the Tag Team Championship. Hope someone was fired for that.

The Diva battle royal is next, but noone is introduced. I wonder if this is because they were a few bimbos short of the listed 25 participants.

Jericho vs. Legends follows. Big props to Ricky Steamboat. He's still got it. We end with Micky F'n Roark knocking Jericho out. Let me get this straight, 3 hall of fame wrestlers can't take out Jericho but a 40+ year old actor can? Again, who is going to be fired for this?????

Hardy vs. Hardy next. Not too bad, but I still think it was a mistake splitting the Hardys' Have Christian the one behind the attacks. Christian vs. Jeff, put Matt in MITB and give him the push he deserves.

Undertaker vs. HBK, the one bright spot of the night.

World title match. Big Show has absolutely NO BUSINESS anywhere near the main event of Wrestlemania. Cena wins and 10-14 year old girls nationwide rejoice. One can only pray Cena is drafted to Smackdown in 8 days.

Austin comes out on 4 wheeler and drinks. I realize what I spent on this PPV and also begin to drink.

Finally we end with the WWE championship. HHH uses his influence and keeps the belt off the hottest star in wrestling today. No interference, no swerve in the end, HHH burys Orton and walks out with the title.

I will now spend the day tomorrow writing my local cable provider begging for the channel that ROH comes on to be added to my sports package. Thank God, baseball season starts tomorrow.

I think it was Kofi. He was great in the match. He was amazing, imo. Obviously he wasn't going to win, but looked great. Everyone looked pretty good in the match though. I was shocked to see Punk go back to back, which means to me that the first time did nothing, which it did. Hopefully they don't make him look weak this time around as champ.

I know the topic of this board was the breakout star of Wrestlemania and this is way off topic, but DAMN I am so pissed right now I need to vent.

The night opened with the tag team titles bumped off the show, WTF?

MITB was very disappointing, probably not a good idea to put someone in a ladder match who is afraid of heights, (i.e. Mark Henry) Punk wins and suddenly I find myself wondering if this is Wrestlemania 24 or 25.

Kid Rock now plays for 10 mins. They put this on instead of unifying the Tag Team Championship. Hope someone was fired for that.

The Diva battle royal is next, but noone is introduced. I wonder if this is because they were a few bimbos short of the listed 25 participants.

Jericho vs. Legends follows. Big props to Ricky Steamboat. He's still got it. We end with Micky F'n Roark knocking Jericho out. Let me get this straight, 3 hall of fame wrestlers can't take out Jericho but a 40+ year old actor can? Again, who is going to be fired for this?????

Hardy vs. Hardy next. Not too bad, but I still think it was a mistake splitting the Hardys' Have Christian the one behind the attacks. Christian vs. Jeff, put Matt in MITB and give him the push he deserves.

Undertaker vs. HBK, the one bright spot of the night.

World title match. Big Show has absolutely NO BUSINESS anywhere near the main event of Wrestlemania. Cena wins and 10-14 year old girls nationwide rejoice. One can only pray Cena is drafted to Smackdown in 8 days.

Austin comes out on 4 wheeler and drinks. I realize what I spent on this PPV and also begin to drink.

Finally we end with the WWE championship. HHH uses his influence and keeps the belt off the hottest star in wrestling today. No interference, no swerve in the end, HHH burys Orton and walks out with the title.

I will now spend the day tomorrow writing my local cable provider begging for the channel that ROH comes on to be added to my sports package. Thank God, baseball season starts tomorrow.

And you're calling me stupid because I'm Canadian? Big show knocked out John Cena and Edge multiple times. Triple H let Orton have the win at WM 24 and let him RKO his wife and much more. If you haven't watched boxing, it only takes one punch to knock someone out if you hit them right and the rest I can come into an agreement sort of.

I don't think there was a standout breakthrough star at Wrestlemania from the young talent that was out there.
MITB for me was a letdown, it ended without a major spot in the match and cmon Punk winning again, its silly and delays any push for Shelton or MVP.
Undertaker vs. HBK stole the show without a doubt. Its funny how the two biggest vetrans, and oldest full time members of the roster had to show the rest how its done.
And I was very dissapointed that Orton didn't win the main event.
In my opinion this Wrestlemania has just been a complete waste, the WWE has done ZERO planning for the future after tonight.
Punk wins again, after coming in with zero buzz and ultimatly he's going to be a transitional champion and shortly forgotten again.
JBL quit so theres the end of any feud with Mysterio, where does Rey go from here?
Santino, or shud i say SANTINA winning Miss Wrestlemania!? Thats just pissing on the face of the Diva's and loosing all their credibility.
All the legends couldn't beat Jericho, not even Naich! Yet Mickie Rourke beat him with one punch? Oh yeah that works out doesn't it? And that was ment to be the major spot/mainstream draw? HA! Poor, just poor.
The Colon's vs. Miz/Morrison got pulled from the card! The only two tag teams in the WWE and they don't even get a show, bullshit! So now who cares about the Tag Titles.
Where now for Taker and HBK? (Amazing match not taking that away)
Who didn't seen Cena winning? He deserved it by all means, but now who wins the heart of Vikkie? All we are waiting for now is for Edge to just cheat his way to another title Thus making the World Heavyweight Championship loose more credibility!
And last but not least, HHH/Orton. How did Orton not win? Its his time, the stage was ment to be his moment! He won the rumble, he has the audacity to take on the Mcmahons, yet because HHH is family, he wins. Where's the logic when Orton right now is in a position to carry the company along side Cena.

I just pray to god this draft shakes things up and changes the WWE, coz as it stands, nonsense!

And you're calling me stupid because I'm Canadian? Big show knocked out John Cena and Edge multiple times. Triple H let Orton have the win at WM 24 and let him RKO his wife and much more. If you haven't watched boxing, it only takes one punch to knock someone out if you hit them right and the rest I can come into an agreement sort of.

No, I am calling you stupid based upon your statement. Being Canadian is probably the contributing factor.

Big Show knocked out Cena and Edge, yes within the past few weeks. However before that he was doing?????

Orton was more over at Wrestlemania 24 than HHH and guess what nothing has changed in a year. Not only did HHH beat Orton, he buried him.

Yes, I have watched boxing. I understand that one punch can knock someone out. I just don't think its a good idea to have one of your best wrestlers get his ass kicked by an actor. Tomorrow morning, most of your media outlets will show Mickey Roarke knocking out Jericho, great way to showcase one of your finest wrestlers as well as destroy the credibility of 3 of your hall of famers, 4 if you count Flair's involvement.

Whats next, an actor with the World Championship? Oh yeah a company already did that. How is that company doing today??????:smashfreakB:

The problem with the card is that with the exception of the greatest active wrestler of all time HBK and Undertaker's match. You had 2 solid matches (money in the bank and the Hardys matches) and the rest of the card was a snooze. No suprises , no swerves , nothing big for the 25th anniversary of wrestlemania ? Come on u missed 100 opportunties to do something special here , Austin could have came out during jericho's match, JBL's match . But the biggest let down was no suprises at the end of HHH/Orton . Wrestlemania 25 was a huge letdown i want half my money bac, the other half was worth it for HBK/taker

Positives

HBK vs. Undertaker. Incredible. (Not a suprise.)

Unified Tag Titles. (Hopefully. Although they didn't show it.)

Jericho not jobbing to the two snoozes and Steamboat.

CM Punk winning MITB...It may seem peculiar, but the WWE needs permanently new main eventers, and winning MITB twice in a row is cementing his status as a mainstay in the main scene.

Matt Hardy winning clean. (Clean for a hardcore match...)

Negatives

Was that really the ending of the PPV??? It felt like the end of RAW...

Bumping the Tag Titles match off the show.

Triple Threat Heavyweight Title match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back