• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Are Some Epic Indie Talents To Watch?

Hem

Getting Noticed By Management
So I'm a guy who did not know much of Kevin Steen but my favorite wrestler is Kevin Owens. I had never seen El Generico but I think Sami Zayn is great. Never saw Bryan Danielson but was giving Daniel Bryan a standing ovation in my home when he won the WWEWHC at WM.

Basically I'm a guy who grew up on WWE and caught TNA when it flourished. I never really moved away from those companies to others like Rev Pro, ROH, Evolve, PWG, NJPW, etc.. So I know the guys who went through WWE & TNA but I also know that the Indies are filled with great talents like Zack Sabre Jr. & Adam Cole but thats about it.

So you guys who watch other stuff, can you do me a favour and tell me the name of a few guys who I probably wouldn't know and tell me some of their best matches or promos which I could find?

Thanks.

Will Ospreay is probably the hottest thing not in a major North American company at the moment. He's 22, from England, and an absolute wizard in the ring. He just signed a deal with New Japan, but prior he'd mainly been in the British promotions (Rev Pro and Progress) before making some appearances at American indie shows earlier this year. He challenged KUSHIDA for the IWGP junior Heavyweight title at Invasion Attack last month, which was a phenomenal match.

I'm a big fan of the tag team The Mighty Don't Kneel, who just signed with NXT but haven't appeared yet. They spent a good bit of time in Noah in Japan, fun team to watch.

reDRagon is another great tag team, signed with ROH and also work NJPW shows. Really there's alot to like about ROH right now, Cole as you mentioned, Dalton Castle, Jay Lethal, The Briscoes, Donovan Dijack.

You didn't mention Lucha Underground, which is a whole new world of indie wrestling, there are some great performers there as well.

I have seen a few episodes of LU here and there and have seen most of the guys.

Look up some of the UK indie talent like Marty Scurll, Jimmy Havoc, El Ligero, Will Ospraey (already mentioned), all extremely talented guys.

Also, The Briscoes in ROH are a must see team- arguably the best in the world.

There really is a fantastic range of talent available on the indies these days, the wrestling business is looking extremely healthy right now.

Look up some of the UK indie talent like Marty Scurll, Jimmy Havoc, El Ligero, Will Ospraey (already mentioned), all extremely talented guys.

Also, The Briscoes in ROH are a must see team- arguably the best in the world.

There really is a fantastic range of talent available on the indies these days, the wrestling business is looking extremely healthy right now.
And, if you live in the New York Tri-State area, you have 3-4 cards EVERY weekend. Check out an Indy card. Pay the money for a Ringside seat. You have no idea how much fun an Indy show is. And, you will find real good diamonds in the rough that will NEVER be in WWE. EVen if you don't live near or in NYC, there are lots of Indy promotions across the Continent. Support one near you. You will have no idea how much fresher Pro Wrestling is until you see the Indies. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back