• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which WWE superstar would you want to train you?

CM Steel

A REAL American
If you were a aspiring wrestler trying to make it to the WWE one day. Who from the WWE would you want as a trainer? Wrestling is something that is pasted down from generation to generation. Like the late Junkyard Dog training Redd Dogg aka Rodney Mack. Or currently Daniel Bryan being trained by both Shawn Michaels and William Regal.

During the first couple of season's of WWE NXT. The pros & rookies concept really worked well! Even during NXT season 3 with the whole storyline with Goldust and Aksana. But if you had the power to choose a WWE superstar to train you to become a future WWE superstar. Who would it be and why?

If I were to choose a trainer from the WWE it would have to be...Booker T! Because his in-ring style fits my body type, size, and what I would want to do in a wrestling match.

But which WWE superstar would you want to train you?

Hm this is a tough one for me to decide. While I would love someone like Shawn Michaels, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Edge etc etc to train me I really don't have the body build to really fit the type of wrestling they teach.

That being the case in WWE the guy(s) who I would want to train me would honestly be The Undertaker, or Kane. Both of these guys have had amazing careers as big monsters and have been able to evolve and stay relevent and respectable over the years. They also would be able to teach the power type style that would fit me best.

First OP let me say props on this thread, this has been on my mind on and off for a while and you beat me to it lol

But as you mentioned for people who are aspiring to be a WWE superstar.

I actually am aspiring to be a WWE superstar one day hopefully.

I've been a fan of the WWE since I was 5 years old and am 22 now. And the only reason I havent gone out and gotten official training is because I am finishing college soon and hopefully make some decent money for a year at least to save up to go out and train. But back to your question...

I would love for this guy to train me, because for one he is just about the greatest all around performer in the WWE, on the mic, in the ring, singles and tag, and everything in between in getting the fans to cheer the roof off or boo him out of the arena and that is the kind of character I would want to be, who would put the fans in the palms of my hands. of course I'm talking about...

Y2J Chris Jericho

I'm not the biggest guy around, although I am 6'3", I go to the gym 5 days a week but for some reason I can't seem to get the size I want and a guy like Jericho would be the perfect trainer for me IMO.

I would be honored to be trained by Y2J, who really is the best at everything he does

This really boils down to what you want most.

If you want to be trained by the greatest in the world, and be able to call yourself a pupil of some of the be in-ring performers of all time, the top 3 in my mind would be, Shawn Michaels, Daniel Bryan, and CM Punk, heck maybe even Kurt Angle?

But if you wanted to ascend to the top of the ladder, the obvious choice for me IMO would be Triple H. No doubt, he is going to one day run the company, and who better to be the face of the WWE than a man trained by the boss himself? Also im a huge Triple H fan and I would be honored to be trained by him.

And thirdly, (Like my reason for Triple H) you may want to be trained by your favorite wrestler. But if you were serious about getting into the WWE, the best thing would be to find a teacher who knows what they are doing.

It's a tough question.

But for the technical and ring savvy side of things it would have to be Bret Hart. For the plain and simple reason that he had never hurt anyone in the ring though out his entire career and yet could make holds and moves look realistic as hell.

As for the gimmicky entertainment side of it would have to be The Rock, Ric Flair or (and i know he has been dead since the 60's) Gorgeous George Wagner.

Simple answer. Tyson Kidd. Solely based on the fact that he was the last trained wrestler of the Stu Hart Dungeon. On top of that I've never seen him make a mistake all the while completing high risk moves. If only he had a better size / look he would be in the main event instead of Ryback. (Don't hate I like Ryback, I'm just making a point)

This is a tough one for sure. While being a safe wrestler is a very very important aspect, you also need someone to teach you how to control a crowd on the mic. You wouldn't want a Dean Malenko training you (unless you're a young D Bryan) because, while charisma can't be taught, it sure as hell doesn't hurt to observe someone who does. I'd want a teacher who knows how to get a crowd hot, and who's been successful as a heel and a face.

With that being said, for me there are three options. CM Punk, Chris Jericho and John Cena. However, if we're going to pick one here, and this would be because I'm not a fan of getting hurt, I'd go for Chris Jericho. The man is the very definition of the world longevity in the wrestling business, and as far as my knowledge stretches, has never been seriously hurt while wrestling, and I can't recall many occasions of Jericho hurting others either.

In addition to that, the man has been wrestling for longer than 20 years at this point, and with all that experience under his belt, I would imagine he would make a great tutor on how to get all sorts of different crowds and arenas to make noise for you. The man has been everywhere and done everything, and still seems to have a modern perspective on wrestling crowds.

In addition to all that, Jericho is no slouch on the mic either, and has been known to pitch his own ideas to creative, which I imagine would be another great boon to observe and learn from. Having a creative mind in pro wrestling is important for so many different reasons, but first and foremost Chris Jericho knows how to tell a story in the ring, which again I feel is monumental to being successful as a pro wrestler.

So, all in all, while Jericho was never THE guy and only wrestles on an occasional basis nowadays, I feel as a teacher he would be invaluable to have. He has all the tools, and decades worth of experience to pass down to a rookie which would help them on their way to success in the world of pro wrestling.

I'm a somewhat small statured guy so I would definitely look into being a technical breed of wrestler.

Names that come to mind:
Tyson Kidd
Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Dean Malenko.

Work Mic work you can never go wrong with Chris Jericho, who would just be an all around great trainer as well

My pick would have to be Lance Storm, and not just for the simple fact that he has a training academy. For anyone who's seen his work, you know how good he is. He trained with Jericho in the Hart Dungeon and their career paths are somewhat similar. He also trained Jericho before his recent returns (alongside DDPYOGA)

The guy is a great technical/chain/submissions wrestler and has a great mind for the business. For anyone following his blog, i'm sure you'll understand. He's also a consumate professional, he takes it all very seriously and I've never heard a bad word said against him. And he does a great suplex, and I love the suplex!

Honestly, if I truly went for my favorite wrestler, I'd go with Booker T. I've read somewhere that he's trained many superstars in the WWE today. However, i'd truly want to get serious about getting into the WWE i'd want to be trained by Tyson Kidd or Chris Jericho because both are real solid superstars that have come out of Stu Hart's Dungeon. Skill wise however I'd want to be trained by booker t, like I said, I'm about his stature (6'3) and I really want to learn how to do the spin-a-rooni and the scissors kick (see my name). Now to get my character going and a gimmick, i'd want to work on that with VKM. Good thread though

I would say Daniel Bryan or Christian. Both guys are really adept at working in the ring and having their matches make sense. I have never seen Bryan work a bad match. He always is spot on and makes his opponents look good. Same thing with Christian (though I have seen him botch a few moves but most guys do) I just appreciate Christian's ring psychology as well as the fact he works as well on the mic as he does in the ring.

What a great question!
Brian Pillman would be my ultimate choice. He had the light heavyweight style perfected, amazing charisma and promo skills second to none. He also had a great grasp on how to tell a story in the ring, and that would no doubt be very hard to learn.

But if I had to pick someone actually living, my answer would be Edge. The guy had an amazing career and has done it all. He had very innovative offence, sold like a champ, always told a good story and knew how important a good character was in pro wrestling. He is also one of the most versatile performers I've ever seen in the ring and could apapt to suit any style or gimmick match.

Shawn Michaels- Why not. He has done it all with only half the size in a big man’s game so to say. The guy could do everything and get over no matter if he was a heel or face. I mean truly one on the greatest.

Undertaker- he is up there with HBK but again he could do things that other big men wish they could do. Also one of the best ever. Although he is a man of few words, which is why I went with HBK first. One of the few people that can make his gimmick last as long as what he did and still going, well kind of.

Edge- I know he may not be the greatest wrestler, but he is up there for entertainer. He was a great wrestler and his promos were great as well. Also he had the ability to make feud much more interesting and intense. He able to be booked with shit and turn into something great.

I know a lot of you are not going to agree with this but...

I would want HHH to train me. Can you honestly name a better heel to learn from if your character was a heel. He had great, even epic promos. He was good in the ring. I know people give him a lot of shit behind the curtain, but what he does in the ring is what should matter the most. I pretty sure other wrestlers are far worse and have done far worse to get on top and stay on top. Anyway, as a heel he was just devastating. Even as a face he was good, I just don’t think he is nearly as bad as what people think. He had an epic return one of the loudest pops ever.

People said Flair, I don’t know with him. He seems to have always been about himself and mean at one time sure but not so much now. Also with Kidd and Bryan I would see where their careers go. What happens if nothings happens with them and can’t stay around or kind of fizz out. If it was straight wrestling yes but over all I would want to learn other aspects of the game. I would agree with Jericho and SCSA though and Rock.

You don't even need a long winded response or an explanation for my pick. The Rock would be the person that I would want to train me...hell he should "re-train" half the guys on the WWE roster today.

I think the reasons for picking The Rock are self explanatory.

Kane for me. Being a big man myself (6'8) I think I would be able to learn alot from him. Hes probably one of the best big men in the business.

Also apprantly his backstage attitude is extreamly good.

id want to be trained by john cena and triple h because they are the bestest ever in the wwe universe. and then id be better than anyone. i could do an AA into a pedigree. wins!

joking aside. i'd love to have william regal as my main trainer and chris jericho would be my lead mentor. id quite like perry saturn & raven to teach me a few things also. saturn is a wrestler i always enjoyed, i feel he could turn into a fantastic coach for many. and raven......well it's raven. i talk of one of the finest minds in wrestling history.

As fellow north western boy with a penchant for the old school & classic comedy, with a clear mind on what makes a good wrestler. for me, William Regal has been among the finest wrestlers of his generation, and has turned in some of the finest comedic promos everywhere he has been. i feel this is a no-brainer, to be trained up by Regal would be rather special indeed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ApH5c8kr4&feature=related

chris jericho goes down as probably my favourite wrestler of all time. he has never failed to entertain me both in ring and on the mic. to do that over many, many years is a great achievement. some wrestling styles you only grow accustomed to when older, not Jericho. from the first time i saw him dazzle in the ring and cut the in-ring promo on malenko i was hooked. he had me at "armbar"! he made me laugh then, and he's never failed since. though i cant say i work out, i suppose this is all guess work for many of us in here. but at around 6 foot and 10 stone when fit, i'm agile and could probably be in the early jericho mould. to learn the many styles that jericho has used would be amazing, to just pick his mind would be something else. a lead team of regal and jericho could set anyone up for a rather good future indeed.

i speak of perry saturn as someone who i think will grow into a superb trainer now he's got his problems under control. the guy was a great in ring talent and if i could learn just a modicum of what he knows in ring, i feel i could potentially turn into a solid talent for tag teams.

just saying raven should get nods of approval. you need only look around the net to see how well respected he is a a wrestling brain. i always felt the way i would go on the mic would be akin to raven/pillman. when ive created myself on video games, ive given my character the nickname of "the agnostic nightmare" and im sure it would echo the slightly unhinged pillman and ravens of the past.

Probably Jericho and Rock. I Dont believe i need to write a long paragraph for you to know why. Jericho is an awesome wrestler and good on the mic , and Rock was an average wrestler but Gold on the Mic !! Great Mixture i think !!

This is tough. Bret Hart would probably be the best trainer you could get, but I would love to have Triple H's experience with the pre-Attitude Era, the Attitude Era, and the PG era and the fact he can still wrestle and physically work with me. Triple H has been in almost every match imaginable and been a face, heel, and neutral. Now, if I had to get someone to train me with my body type, the only person who could do that is Spike Dudley who no longer wrestles and sells insurance. I guess the runner-up based upon my body type would be Tommy Dreamer. He's a bit heavier than me and taller, but he would have to do.

Today marks a special occasion, the first decent thread Mack_Swagger has made in at least a year. For this I promise to not red rep you as I usually do when you post crap, but I doubt this will become a regular incident so be on the look out once you make another shit thread.

If I had to pick any wrestler on the WWE roster to train me, hands down William Regal. Regal is one of the best catch-as-can wrestlers in the world, he helped train Daniel Bryan, CM Punk into WWE's style of performing, Chris Hero, Samoa Joe among others, is a distinguished veteran, well respected among the pro-wrestling community so not only would he backing be a huge compliment but It'd be very hard for bookers not to take you on, so overall William Regal is the best choice.

I've ALWAYS wanted to be trained by Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit. (This was in 2002/2003, before they died obviously.)

If I had to choose a "Tough Enough" format, It'd be:
Head trainer: Shawn Michaels
Secondary trainers: Booker T, Dean Malenko
Women trainer: Trish Stratus or Molly Holly

I would LOVE that!

All are experts at in-ring psychology, which (next to charisma) is the most important thing you need to be a successful wrestler.
Michaels and Booker could obviously help me grow in my promo cutting abilities and to feel more comfortable on the mic and in front of crowds.
And Malenko could teach a plethora of moves to me as well.

I also feel like Booker T knows A LOT about backstage behavior and respect from an "old school perspective", and that will take you a long way in the wrestling business.

My first answer would be Kaitlyn, but that's only because I really want to see her naked.

My serious answer would be Punk, Ziggler, HBK, or HHH. Ziggler and Punk are two of the best right now, and HBK and Hunter are 2 of the best all time.

Hmm this is a good topic. I think based off their history I would want either Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels to train me.

Both were great in ring performers and both have trained some people who turned out pretty good. HBK trained both Daniel Bryan and Lance Cade, Hart has had a hand in training many people.

I think if I had to choose one I would pick Bret Hart though. He would fit what style I would end up wrestling much better than HBK and just to train in the famous Hart Dungeon would be a cool thing to do even if it was just for a day.

I think I would want Brock Lesnar or Goldberg to train me to have explosive power and strength and to learn how to use it well. They could teach me how to be big and still have very high stamina and agility. It was amazing how athletic they were and how they moved in the ring.

Only thing about Lesnar is he has a bad temper and I don't think he's really a "people" person. He might attack me.

Definitely Daniel Bryan just because hes really the only one that can really go far beyond just teaching you the ropes but he can teach you about the philosophy of wrestling.

BTW close second would be Shawn Michael's

My first post on Wrestlezone.

I would love to be train by the great Undertaker & Ricky Steamboat. You got power and speed also two loved by many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back