• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

which wrestler would fit in better in the 90's

Drunken Aviator

Occasional Pre-Show
I'm just wondering what wwe superstar you think would fit in better in the 90's I've been thinking about this for some time now imo I think randy orton is one anyway because he could do so much eviler sicker stuff another that springs to mind is john Morrison I'm not sure if it's his theme music or what so Id like to know what yous think

Sorry for mistakes this is my 1st thread and I posted it from iphone

I think CM Punk with his current character without a doubt, especially in the attitude era. His character is against drugs and alcohol; something that era was about. He is also so brilliant as a heel. This guy right now would flourish in the 90's.

i agree too randy would fit perfectly he has that evil character in him which would of been good in the 90`s and he would be able to do more things since it was the attiude era and john morrison too his moves and look would be new too the 90`s, even cm punk i fine would fit in

im probably gonna get hated for this. but i would have loved to see john cena in the 90's. in the attitude era, u could get away with anything. we had kaientai trying to cut off the big valbowski, road dogg saying the word pussy and had the kat going topless, austin with the fingers, imagine how hard core cena could be? we saw glimpses of that when he was a heel at the beginning of his career. but heres a question thats totally off topic. if cena was in the 80's u think he would have been bigger then hogan?

Orton definitely would have been better in the 90's during the "attitude" era. I mean the guy doused a casket, with the undertaker in it, with gasoline and set it on fire. Orton would be sick in the attitude era.

Orton, CM Punk for the reasons stated above......and I'll add Santino to the list. Ok, Ok, stop throwing rotton fruit....The dude is fckin funny and I think would be even better with the material he's be allowed to use back then, think about it.

Umm, what could Orton do (realistically) that he isn't doing now? Orton is already one of the most sick, evil, diabolical, twisted, manipulative characters the WWE has ever seen. His months long feud with the entire McMahon family, with the "rage" thing he had going on was brilliant. How could that have possibly been better? I really don't see how much edgier Randy Orton could get, even were he in the Attitude era.

I would nominate Chris Jericho. Granted, he debuted in the WWE towards the end of the attitude era, but, I am talking about Jericho from now, not the Jericho from 2000. The more seasoned, heel Jericho, not the punk ayatollah of rock n' rolla one. Can you imagine him as a member of the corporation, standing alongside the Rock, taking on DX?

Sheamus. He could have taken the place of Sid pretty easily. He's a huge guy with a great look and a decent move set. Though the nineties had more than it's fair share of shit gimmicks, the ones that worked were awesome. They always had more depth to them and set themselves apart much better than guys do now. The nineties also had more wrestlers with a wider array of nationalities. You had some Somoans, Japanese, French, Canadian, Mexican, Scottish. Just about everything. So a guy with a strong Irish gimmick would fit in very well.

when I saw CM punk mentioned, all I could imagine was him as the leader of Right To Censor......

I think the Miz would have worked, especially when he was still doing the 'reality tv star' gimmick after he first arrived.

Reversing the topic for a second, I think it's a shame that a great gimmick from the '90s is such an epic fail these days.... Goldust..... He used to be awesome, he won IC, European, Tag titles, but has done nothing for years

Reversing the topic for a second, I think it's a shame that a great gimmick from the '90s is such an epic fail these days.... Goldust..... He used to be awesome, he won IC, European, Tag titles, but has done nothing for years

True he had a truly crap gimmick but still managed to collect a few titles.
I imagine Ricky Ortiz would've gotten more time even would've had a few PPV matches if he had joined WWE in the early 90s.
Dolph Ziggler would've done sooo much better in the attitude era aswell.

"The Masterpiece" Chris Masters. I think he may of done even better in the 90's than now. His body size and style is a reminder of guys from that era. The Masterlock challenge was a decent gimmick, but I think it could of gone further and lasted longer in the early 90's when headlocks and full nelsons seemed more devastating in the ring. Even when he would offer a thousand bucks to anyone who may be able to break the hold would of been so good 15-20 years ago. Imagine having a Masterlock challenge and somebody like The Ultimate Warrior or Hogan breaking the hold. May not be huge now and we may not enjoy it much now, but something like that could of been made into a big deal in the early 90's. Nice thread.

The Miz hands down. He has the mic skills, and his im a t.v star wich makes me better than you would have been gold back then. Putting him in segments with HBK, HHH, or the rock would have been amazing promos

I think CM Punk with his current character without a doubt, especially in the attitude era. His character is against drugs and alcohol; something that era was about. He is also so brilliant as a heel. This guy right now would flourish in the 90's.

I completely agree. However, it's hard to actually know who would fit in the Attitude era cuz we don't know how a lot of these guys would act in a different setting. Case in point: No one ever thought that Shawn Michaels from the Rockers would be a pioneer in the Attitude era.

Well this isn't nessary one wrestler but I do agree that Randy Orton and Cm punk could work in the attiude era. I think 2 wrestlers that no one has mention that could work in the 90s is a tag team Cryme Tyme. There gmmick could get over really well cause in the 90s thats when I belive when Hip hop was booming and we had rap artists like 2pac biggie Ice cube etc and if cryme tyme raps to the ring like R truth does today. I think they can fit and work well and possibly win the tag titles but that is just my opinoin though.

Having somebody called the Rated R Superstar on a PG show is obviously pretty incongruous, so I'd take Edge, in his present form, back to the 90s, as he'd have fit in a lot better there. Apart from that, there isn't really anyone because the characters of now are created to fit the product of now, and not of the 90s. You could put a few people from now back then, but by and large the current characters are far too bland to have survived in the most gimmicky decade wrestling has ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back