Which was your favorite nWo incarnation

Dr. Mantis Toboggan, M.D.

Dog The Bounty Hunter
Simple, which nWo incarnation was your favorite?

The original- Hall, Nash, and Hogan. The build up was great, two WWF guys coming to WCW and taking over. Everyone was anticipating and wondering who the third man was going to be. When Hogan was revealed as the third man everyone shit. They were three dude fighting WCW. It was innovative and got people watching WCW.

You may also count The Band from TNA but I highly doubt anyone will.

My favourite incarnation of the NWO was when Shawn Michaels took over NWO leadership in WWE. I liked how Scott Hall, Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff had nothing to do with it. Hogan and Bischoff ruin everything. I like how Booker T and Goldust were involved. I think the NWO should be brought back and that would be my favourite incarnation. Put Morrison and Ziggler in there, maybe put Santino and perhaps Jerry the King Lawler. Anything would be better than the Band in TNA OMG anything TNA does is awful because OMG i'm a smark. Even Vincent, Brian Adams, Scott Norton and Stevie Ray as the NWO is better than Hogan and Bischoff. Hogan ruined wrestling by ushering in the mean attitude era full of way too much obnoxious behaviour and bleeding every five seconds..and Bischoff almost put my hero Vince McMahon out of business so i'll always hate these two men. Hogan ruined the NWO too because he was too big of a mean bully and all he cared about was himself being champion the whole time. Hogan and all the other old farts wouldn't let the fans have what they wanted and that was for Ernest the Cat Miller of Billy Kidman to be world champ for 3 years. And of course i hate Vince Russo too because he turned on my hero Vince McMahon, so his NWO incarnation with Jeff Jarrett, Hall, Nash, Hart and the Harris brothers was the third worst incarnation after the original one with Hogan in it and the one in TNA with The Band. Those were the three most threatening to my beloved WWE so those are the worst three incarnations. TNA sucks, fire Russo, Dixie's an idiot, hire Heyman because Heyman is a genius. Bigger genius than Albert Einstein because he ran ECW for two years. F'n genius. Heyman's got more genius is his baby toe than Bischoff and Hogan have combined.

Therefore, my favourite incarnation of the NWO was the one that was least threatening to my hero Vince McMahon and my beloved WWE. The one with the greatest wrestler and biggest draw of all time. Shawn Michaels.

Nash, Hall, Hogan the original was the only great version. When they started adding to many members it became to watered down. When they split into Wolfpack vs Hollywood they became a sad parody of themselves. Had things worked out in WWE (Nash not getting hurt) an nWo version of Nash, Hall, HHH, HBK, and X-Pac could have been epic but it just wasn't meant to be I guess.

Simple, which nWo incarnation was your favorite?

The original- Hall, Nash, and Hogan. The build up was great, two WWF guys coming to WCW and taking over. Everyone was anticipating and wondering who the third man was going to be. When Hogan was revealed as the third man everyone shit. They were three dude fighting WCW. It was innovative and got people watching WCW.

You may also count The Band from TNA but I highly doubt anyone will.

My favorite NWO incarnation was the NWO Wolfpack/Elite.:worship: I choose this incarnation because it was the reunification of The Outsiders as a tag-team, also considering all the big names in the group (Hogan, Hall, Nash, Steiner, Luger,even Bagwell) it really felt like the WCW wrestlers were in big trouble.

This is really tough for me, because I'm a huge fan of the nWo (all incarnations), but I'm going to with the Bret Hart led nWo 2000. I'm guessing that I'll be the only person with this choice, that said, the reason is because I was just so stoked at the time to see the nWo back. I mean you had Bret Hart officially become a member of the nWo, as the leader no less, after having been an unofficial member of Hollywood. It was just so cool to me to see the band back together and they were shown backstage hanging out and having the run of the place. I even went nuts when Scott Steiner joined lol. Although this incarnation had Slap Nuts himself Jeff Jarrett and the Harris Twins, this was my favorite, but it is a close tie with the other ones because quite honestly I'm one of the biggest nWo marks you'll find.

June 1996-December 1997 - The original nWo with Hogan, Hall, Nash, Syxx, Ted Dibiase, Eric Bischoff and Vincent was the best.

The other nWo's to me didn't compare. That was the only one that was allowed to dominate the company and well as be exciting. It was the biggest threat to the WCW mainstays and it actually somewhat had an ending. The 1999-nWo Elite wasn't the same. It was a group that was unorganized and falling apart.

WCW

nWo
Original incarnation
Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Ted DiBiase, The Giant, nWo Sting, Syxx, Vincent, Nick Patrick, Miss Elizabeth, Eric Bischoff, Buff Bagwell, V.K. Wallstreet, Masahiro Chono, Big Bubba Rogers, Scott Norton, Randy Savage, Dennis Rodman, The Great Muta, Konnan, Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Dusty Rhodes, Scott Steiner
I like this version, but only because it was the Original.

nWo Japan
Also known as nWo Typhoon, they wrestled in New Japan Pro Wrestling
Masahiro Chono, Keiji Mutoh (also wrestled as The Great Muta), Hiro Saito, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, nWo Sting, Buff Bagwell, Scott Norton, Michael Wallstreet, AKIRA, Tatsutoshi Goto, Michiyoshi Ohara, Brian Adams, Big Titan
I don’t know much about this version.

nWo Hollywood
Also Known as "nWo Black and White"
Hollywood Hogan, Scott Hall, The Giant, Vincent, Eric Bischoff, Buff Bagwell, Scott Norton, Dennis Rodman, Rick Rude, Brian Adams, The Disciple, Dusty Rhodes, Scott Steiner, Bret Hart, Horace Hogan, Stevie Ray, Miss Elizabeth, Mark "Slick" Johnson, Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, nWo Sting
Compared to the Black and Red, this is a no contest.

nWo Wolfpac
A face incarnation that fought against the heel nWo Hollywood
Kevin Nash, Randy Savage, Konnan, Lex Luger, Sting (Other members included Scott Hall, Curt Henning, & Rick Rude, however, they defected back to nWo Hollywood.)
This was one of my favorites, simply because they were the Face version of the New World Order.

nWo "Elite"
Also known as "nWo Reunion" and/or "Mega nWo" and/or "nWo Wolfpac 1999"
Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Miss Elizabeth, Eric Bischoff, Buff Bagwell, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Lex Luger,[51] David Flair, Torrie Wilson, Disco Inferno
I liked this version, viewing it as a New World Order All-Star Team.

nWo "Black and White"
The "B-Team" of the "nWo Reunion" faction
The Giant, Curt Hennig, Vincent, Scott Norton, Brian Adams, Horace Hogan, Stevie Ray, Barry Windham, Mark "Slick" Johnson
This version, well, do you pay attention to the bench players in any sport??

nWo 2000
The traditional nWo logo was silver instead of white, and the catchprase "The Band is Back Together" was used
Jeff Jarrett, Bret Hart, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Scott Steiner, Ron Harris, Don Harris
I like this version as well. To me this was more elite than the “Elite” version. This was the Evolution / Main Event Mafia version of the New World Order.

WWE

First
The original three were brought in by Vince McMahon
Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall
Classic!!

Second
Hall was released from the company. Booker T was invited into the nWo and Shawn Michaels returned to join the nWo.
Kevin Nash, X-Pac, The Big Show, Booker T, Shawn Michaels
I didn’t like it, but I don’t know why. If Stevie Ray made his comeback and was the one who invited Booker T. to the New World Order, then YES!! I would have loved that minor angle change.

Third
Michaels literally kicked Booker T out of the nWo. Soon after, Kevin Nash would suffer a legitimate quadriceps tear, putting him out of action for nearly a year. On July 15, 2002, The group was officially disbanded by Vince McMahon as Eric Bischoff became Raw General Manager.
Kevin Nash, X-Pac, The Big Show, Shawn Michaels
If Scott Hall and Triple H joined at this point in time, this would have been my favorite version of all time. They could have even gone Black and Red / Wolfpac.

TNA

The Band (First)
Reunited on the January 4 edition of Impact!.
Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Syxx-Pac
“Okay, to start, this is great!!” That’s what I was thinking when they showed up at Orlando Championship Wrestling.

The Band (Second)
Hall and Syxx-Pac turned on Nash on the February 4 edition of Impact!.
Scott Hall, Syxx-Pac and Bubba the Love Sponge
Why??

The Band (Third)
Nash turned on Eric Young and re-joined Hall and Syxx-Pac at Destination X on March 21.
Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Syxx-Pac
Okay, back to normal.

The Band (Fourth)
Eric Young joined on May 3, replacing Syxx-Pac.
Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Eric Young
NO!!

The Band (Fifth)
Scott Hall released in June 2010. Nash and Young decided to disband on June 24, 2010.
Kevin Nash and Eric Young
Just NO!!

omg how has anywun not said WOLFPAC!? Hands down my favorite. From the music, to the swag of the whole thing. Wolfac all day

omg how has anywun not said WOLFPAC!? Hands down my favorite. From the music, to the swag of the whole thing. Wolfac all day

Well i guess you didn't see my post then because i mentionned NWO Wolfpack/Elite. Maybe what you meant was NWO Wolfpack (Face Version of the NWO)? Meh, it was ok but to me it can't be compared to NWO Wolfpack/Elite. Yeah it had Nash,Luger, Konnan and Sting, but i felt it was weak compared to the Elite version because except for bagwell all other members of the Elite version were from the WWF(Now WWE ) so it really felt like it was what the NWO was meant to be at the start.

This is really tough for me, because I'm a huge fan of the nWo (all incarnations), but I'm going to with the Bret Hart led nWo 2000. I'm guessing that I'll be the only person with this choice, that said, the reason is because I was just so stoked at the time to see the nWo back. I mean you had Bret Hart officially become a member of the nWo, as the leader no less, after having been an unofficial member of Hollywood. It was just so cool to me to see the band back together and they were shown backstage hanging out and having the run of the place. I even went nuts when Scott Steiner joined lol. Although this incarnation had Slap Nuts himself Jeff Jarrett and the Harris Twins, this was my favorite, but it is a close tie with the other ones because quite honestly I'm one of the biggest nWo marks you'll find.

For me, it's easily the original incarnation. That was when the idea was fresh, it was something totally new. It was pretty cool. After a while, all the nWo incarnations started to bore me, only because it seemed that there was a new one every week. The original incarnation had an "outlaw" feeling to it, it was a hostile faction, but most importantly... it was the first time I had ever seen a heel Hulk Hogan. I loved Hogan as a heel, it was a nice change of pace, but after a while I felt that he needed to turn face again, so I got sick of Hollywood Hogan, and the nWo.

Seeing as how the nWo completely sucked ass after splitting the first time, I would say the original (Spring of 1996 through Winter of 1998).

To American viewers, it was something completely new. A lot of younger fans thought it was real. They thought these guys (Hall and Nash) had come to WCW, joined with Hogan, and intended to destroy the company. It was one of the most intriguing storylines in the history of wrestling, in large part because it was realistic, and that hadn't been popular in U.S. wrestling in a long time.

Once it split into factions, you knew it was over. But, it wasn't over. They kept it going and going, and it just wouldn't die. Even when they ended the angle, you knew "The Band" was going to get back together sooner or later. It should have started to crumble after Starrcade 1997, and it's legacy has been somewhat tarnished because it didn't.

It has to be the original trio of Hogan, Hall and Nash. The nWo were the biggest thing to hit wrestling in a generation, with the all-time good guy HulK Hogan turning heel for the
first time and Hall and Nash playing the "invaders" gimmick, making it look like WWF employees were illegally taking over WCW. It was so revolutionary at the time.

WCW eventually ruined by adding everyone on the roster pretty much, so many so that the nWo filled the ring meaning some members had to stand on the outside when the faction came out to cut promos. It just got stupid, and when Bischoff joined it was the death knell for me. How can the faction be the rebels and the invaders when the boss runs it? Stupid.

However, as we have seen many times since, wrestling companies resort to their old successes in times of trouble, with diminishing returns. The later incarnations of the nWo were just dull and it was all the same things we had seen for years. The WWE version had potential but Hogan's popularity led to a face turn, Nash got injured, Hall got drunk etc. It just died off quickly. The TNA version was just an embarrasment, and shows where that company goes wrong. Nostalgia is great, I love seeing my old favourites but when everything in the company is basically a rehash of something else it starts getting old fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back