Which version of The Rock would you have preferred?

Which version of The Rock would you have wanted to face Goldberg @ Backlash '03

• Nation of Domination

• The Corporate Champion

• The People's Champion

• Hollywood Rock

Results are only viewable after voting.

sharpsh00ter23

Occasional Pre-Show
I was just thinking about the match that The Rock had with Goldberg back in 2003. I must say that it was rather upsetting to see The Rock as a cowardly heel.

The Rock vs. Goldberg was another dream match right next to Stone Cold/Goldberg. I feel had there been a different version of The Rock going up against Goldberg, then there have been more satisfaction towards the match.

I personally would've wanted the People's Champion version the 99 - right before he left for Scorpion King. My reason being is The Rock would've been a more believeable opponent for Goldberg at that time. Examples being he was 275 lbs, closer to Goldberg's 295. He was fearless, and never backed down from anyone...he didn't do all of that running away and other goofy shenanigans he displayed during the actual match.

On behalf of the MILLIONS & MILLIONS of ALLL The Rock's fans...which version of The Rock would you have preferred to see face Goldberg?

Nation of Domination
The Corporate Champion
The People's Champion
Hollywood Rock

LOL, I actually LOVED 'Hollywood' Rock!

Well in order to get Goldberg over as much as possible, The Rock had to play a cowardly, sneaky heel. I say this because there is no way in blue hell that a WWE fan would buy Goldberg beating 'The People's Champ' Rock. Hell it was hard enough for me to buy him defeating 'Hollywood' Rock. Keep in mind that it was 'Hollywood' Rock that defeated two of the biggest names EVER in the industry; STONE COLD and HULK HOGAN.

Considering the fact that this match was suppose to introduce Bill into the WWE as the ultimate badass I think it was fine. It was the rock's way of passing the torch to whom they thought would be the next poster boy. Also at that stage in his career this was sasly the only logical persona to use and outcome to write.

Personally, People's Champion Rock was on par with Hollywood Rock. I liked both. Was good to see different sides of his character. But I guess People's Champ Rock would've been cool to see go up against Goldberg. Nonchalant about it tho. Both those characters were better than Nation/Corporate Rock tho.

The People's Champion was my favorite version because The Rock was fearless and so charismatic it was just good to see the fans backing him up

Sharpsh00ter23, Long time no hear!!!!!!

Well I would choose the People's Champion Rock. Simply because, in my opinion, he was the best Rock during his career. Yes, I loved Hollywood Rock and the concerts and jokes and stuff. Remember when he was calling The Hurricane the Hambuglar, then told him to go get The Rock a cheeseburger! Good times... Good Times..

But The People's Champion, now that was The Rock That was fearless, that kicked everyone's ass and backed up everything he said. I think one of the greatest Rock promos was when The Rock and Y2J did the promo when The Rock was talking about all of Y2J's family members. Good times.. Good times..

But like Anubiz632 said, Goldberg needed to get over and we all knew that Goldberg couldn't even hold a candle to the People's Champion and would have gotten that ass whipped all over Backlash.

But I would have loved to see the People's Champion Rock go against Goldberg.

Well, if you think about it. The people's Champ Rock vs. Goldberg would be a main event for Wrestlemania. That would be up there with Hogan vs. Warrior 1. Because both The people's Champ, and Goldberg would thrive off the fans. Making an environment great for a main event. However, that's Wrestlemania, not backlash.

The Hollywood Rock was just fine for Goldberg. It got him over. The crowd loved it. It got fans behind Goldberg. It was much better then how they got Scott Steiner in the business. Just had him take on the top heel, and hope he gets over.

The Nation of Domination Rock would of been fun, or the Corporation Rock. It would of had a lot of interference though. Not really do a good job on getting Goldberg over.

So I'm sticking with Hollywood Rock. The Promos were great. It really got the crowd behind Goldberg, which gave Goldberg and good run in the WWE.

I loved Hollywood Rock. It was perfect for him to lose to Goldberg. Goldberg was never gunna lose this match, if he had of beaten The Peoples Champion it wouldnt of sit well with alot of fans! It would of made the Rock look weak!

When a heel loses we kinda exept it. Thats "how wrestling works"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back