Which of the 5 most recent Wrestlemanias (21 through 25) was the best/worst and why?

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now. There are a ton of "best/worst wrestlemania" types of threads out there, but how about one for just the more recent ones? Rank them from best to worst, and say why you like or dislike them.

1) Wrestlemania 25
Ok before anyone starts arguing about this getting 1st, I am a little biased because I was there. That's gonna make it hard to beat. Being there in person was awesome and the matches were good especially Taker/HBK.

2) Wrestlemania 23
This was awesome and it would very likely have gotten 1st if I had not been at 25 in person. Great matches like Cena/HBK, Taker/Batista/ and Lashley/Umaga are the reason this ranked so high.

3) Wrestlemania 24
I thought it was good, it's just that 23 was such a tough act to follow. The two world title matches were the best on the card by far.

4) Wrestlemania 22
Pretty good, just not as good as 23, 24, and 25 in my opinion. This was right around the point when I became a big fan of WWE to the point where I never missed a Raw, favorite match from this one was Cena/HHH.

5) Wrestlemania 21
This one only got last because one of them had to. It was when I was first beginning to watch, so not knowing who some of the superstars were at the time is the main thing that hurts its ranking. Cena ending GayBL's reign was the best part.

ok well that's mine.... how would you rank them and why?

-----------------------------------------------------------

wow, i would flip my #1 and #5 with what you had!

#1- Wrestlemania 21, just entertaining as hell start to finish, every match they had was at least good (with the exception of cena/jbl, but only bc they didnt give them enough time to have a classic match), 2 seperate but very entertaining segments with hulk and stone cold, and perhaps the match of the decade in HBK/Angle

#2 Wrestlemania 23, if i'm correct it's the most ordered one, ever! entertaining all the way through and the top 3 matches in which they were selling the ppv on all delivered!

#3 Wrestlemania 24, great last match, arguably the best mitb match yet, and an amazing story with HBK and flair (and none of the matches were flat out horrible which i cant say about this years)

#4 Wrestlemania 22, I consider this a more solid, not spectacular ppv, as most of the matches were just that solid, even the hhh./cena match was only good bc of crowd involvement, not a bad mania, just not one that's great

#5 Wrestlemania 25, this year's sucked, flat out, i'm sorry if anyone disagrees but there was one and only one part worth watching, HBK/taker, the rest of the card was sheer disappointment, i can understand you putting it one if you were there, but I was at 23, not reason enough to rank it number one, from a match quality point this was the worst one in years (way to put big show in the triple threat and hhh/orton should never be allowed to have a one on one match again, they were that bad!)

1 - WM 21 - Classic Angle-Michaels match, first and best MITB match, Cena & Batista become the top stars in the company, Taker-Orton had a really good match, Hogan made an appearance and got a huge pop, just a great show overall.

2 - WM 24 - Almost as good as 24, the main event and Michaels-Flair were great and Orton beating HHH & Cena was a nice surprise.

3 - WM 25 - I didn't hate it as much as most people did, HHH-Orton obviously should have been much better but Taker & Shawn Michaels had maybe the greatest WM match ever and I also enjoyed MITB, Hardy v Hardy, Steamboat's performance and even the triple threat.

4 - WM 23 - Taker & Batista tore the house down and Cena-Michaels was good, but everything else was meh.

5 - WM 22 - The crowd reaction to Cena v HHH made it a memorable match, but apart from that nothing else was memorable IMO.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot about Edge-Foley and Trish-Mickie from WM 22, these matches along with Cena-HHH take it up to no. 3 on my list.

Wrestlemania 25 was the worst wrestlemania I have watched since I started watching wrestling. I don't pay 50 bucks to see one good match and a ton of boring anti-climatic ones.

5 Wm 7 this one had Savage/Warrior and had Hogan and Slaughter. great built up feuds. some great tag team matches and.

4 WM 6 Warrior and Hogan the top faces of our era vs each other for two tittles. these two blew the roof off the dam joint.

3 WM 20 this night was special to me Rock and Sock tag match greatest tag match at Maina in a long time. could have been better. the World tittle match was the best triple threat at WM to this day still. the WWE match was great with Eddie and Kurt two great mat wrestlers at there prime ousting the other. great finish as well. the End of the show was so emotional and one to remember.

2 WM 17 great TLC match best ever still. Austin and Rock blew the roff off the Astrodome. and the End was so shocking i will never forget that night who would have thought to ever see those two together shacking hands. i have a poster of WM memories and that is the Main picture that jumps out at me.

1 WM 23 this was a great night in WWE HHH was out yes but Cena and HBK had a steller show and would only get better the next night on RAw in England. Taker and Batista best big man tittle match in WM history up there with Andre and Hogan in my books. Lashely and Umaga went above and Beyond what i thought it would. and the stunner on MCmahon and Trump was Priceless.

I think you missed the point of the thread

1. Wrestlemania 23 - Kennedy won MITB, HBK/Cena, Taker/Batista, Benoit/MVP, ECW Originals finally got their moment......you just can't touch this one.

2. Wrestlemania 21 - The only bad part was Show/Akeebono. Other than that, Edge wins the innaguaral MITB to go on to become the ultimate opportunist, Angle/HBK (no explaination required), Rey/Guerrero, Undertaker/Orton

3. Wrestlemania 22 - RVD 4 the win (MITB), Cena/Trips (I love how Trips got more cheers than Cena), HBK/Vince (Vince always has good WM matches), Taker squashed Mark Henry

4. Wrestlemania 24 - HBK/Flair, Undertaker/Edge, Orton beat Trips AND Cena.

5. Wrestlemania 25 - HBK/Taker......all other matches suck B@lls

Top 5 Wrestlemanias From 21 To 25

Well Here Is My Order

1) Wrestlemania 24, Flair's Last Match, Edge And Taker Had A Phenomenal Goose Bumps Match, Orton Beats Hhh And Cena, And Some Other Good Battles Such As Batista-umaga And The Best Money In The Bank Yet

2) Wrestlemania 21, Despite Cena Won, But Well Is Was Historic To See 2 Stars Rise To The Main Event, And Also Edge Winning The Mitb, Angle-hbk Match Was Awesome, Also Taker And Orton, Wow Wrestlemania 21 Was Huge.

3) Wrestlemania 23, Wow Taker And Batista, Very Good Back And Forth Bout With Both Kicking Out Of The Opponent's Finisher Was Great, The Cena-hbk Match Was Huge, Tough Cena Won, And Good Mitb, Lashley And Umaga, Vince Bald, Ahahahah Was Huge

4) Wrestlemania 22, Had Good Matches Cena And Hhh Were Great, Really Good Match, And Ahmmm, Rey, Angle And Orton Good Triple Threat And Edge And Mick Foley Superb Hardcore Match, One Of The Greatest Hardcore Matches In Wwe History, Taker And Henry Casket Match And Benoit And Jbl For The Us Title Were Also Entertaining Matches. 11 Matches On The Card

5) Wrestlemania 25, I Thought I Was Going To Say Wrestlemania 25 "the Greatest Wrestlemania Of All Time" But Really It Disappointed Me, I Saw It Live With Some Friends And All Agreed It Was The Worst, Hhh And Orton Didn't Do What Expected, Cena, Edge, Show, Too Predictable And More Of The Same With Cena Winning, Not A Good Match, It Would Have Been Better Cena And Edge Without Big Show. And Then Santino Wins The Diva Battle Royal, They Didn't Show The "guest, Past Divas" Who Were There Such As Victoria, Molly Holly, I Dind't See Them!!!! Horrible, The Best Moments Kid Rock's Concert Was Great, And The Undertaker Vs Shawn Michaels Was Simply.........everlasting, That Match Will Always Remember Us, Wrestlemania 25, We Will Remember That Event For That Match.

5. Wrestlemania 24 - What an AWFUL PPV. When the most exciting match on the card is Mayweather vs. Big Show, you know you have a problem. The card was full of average from top to bottom, and the Ric Flair retirement match was good only in the sense that we haven't had to see Flair wrestler since. One of the worst 'Mania's ever.

4. Wrestlemania 25 - This Wrestlemania gets a lot of unfair flak in my opinion. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. The MITB was solid, Jericho vs. Legends was entertaining, the Triple Threat was decent and of course the HBK vs. Undertaker match was good. If not for the AWFUL main-event, I think this 'Mania could have been quite good.

3. Wrestlemania 23 - In my opinion, this will go down as one of the more forgotten Manias, alongside WM 11, 13 and 19. Not because there wasn't some quality bouts, just because...it was just meh. MITB was not good, but Benoit vs. MVP was solid, Undertaker vs. Batista was good, Lashley vs. Umaga was decent, and HBK vs. Cena was good. But, there just isn't really that something special that will be remembered for ages.

2. Wrestlemania 22 - I feel this is one of the most underrated Wrestlemanis. What a terrific card we got this night. MITB was fun, JBL vs. Benoit was solid, Edge vs. Foley was entertaining, Mickie vs. Trish was phenomenal, HBK vs. McMahon was terrible in terms of wrestling, but fun in the way of garbage wrestling, the Triple Threat was kind of meh, but the main-event was amazing. Very good Wrestlemania.

1. Wrestlemania 21 - This should be considered one of the biggest and best Manias ever. It introduced MITB and the match was PHENOMENAL, both in terms of "oh my god" moments and in terms of just good overall storytelling and workrate. I mean, everyone I watched WM21 with really thought Benoit's shoulder was hurt, that's how real he made it seem. Rey vs. Eddie was solid, as usual, Undertaker vs. Orton was very good, Angle vs. HBK was spotty, but decent. And then we saw the changing of the guard in the main-events, with both Cena and Batista being given the reigns to the main-event. Incredible PPV and well worth the price of purchase.

i agree with smart mark. wm25 wasn't that good purely because HHH vs Orton wasn't a good match at all. i didn't enjoy it half as much as i should. also the jericho match wasn't that great. steamboat done really well considering (considering ahouldn't be a term used at wrestlemania at all) but snuka and piper should never of been in that ring. personal opinion though. sorry i couldn't rank them individually, but i'd certainly say that was the worst.

Oh lucky for you guys, i was thinking of doing a thread like this already and come in prepared.

How I did mine was breakign it down by matches that were similar and grouping them together. I used 8 as the base number since that seems to be the # of choice for matches of these. I used the 8 best matches on the card as reference, so here we go.

World Title Matches
Batista vs. Triple H. 1
Rey vs. RKO vs. Angle 2
Undertaker vs. Batista 3
Edge vs. Undertaker 5
Edge vs. Cena vs. Show 4

WWE Title Match:
Cena vs. JBL 2
Cena vs. Triple H 3
Cena vs. HBK 4
Cena vs. RKO vs. Triple H 5
Triple H vs. Randy Orton 1

MITB
WM 21 5
WM 22 1
WM 23 2
WM 24 3
WM 25 4

Celebrity Match
Big Show vs. Akebono 2
Shawn Michaels vs. Vince Mcmahon 3
Lashley vs. Umaga 1
Big Show vs. Mayweather 5
Jericho vs. Legends 4

Special Attraction
Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels 4
Edge vs. Mick Foley 3
ECW vs. New Breed 2
Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels 1
Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels 5

Diva’s Match
Trish vs. Hemme 3
Trish vs. James 5
Massaro vs. Melina 1
Phoenix/Melina vs. Massaro/Maria 4
Diva Battle Royal 2

Undercard Title
Guerrero vs. Mysterio 2
JBL vs. Benoit 1
Benoit vs. MVP 5
Chavo vs. Kane 4
JBL vs. Mysterio 3

Grudge Match
Undertaker vs. Orton 5
Undertaker vs. Mark Henry 2
Kane vs. Khali 1
Finlay vs. JBL 4
Hardy vs. Hardy 3

I left stupid matches off like Boogeyman vs. Booker T, Kane and Show vs. Carlito and Masters, Batista vs. Youmanga, pretty much these types of matches would have done more to take away from the card then to actually help it. Serioulsy, a Wrestlemania with Boogeyman on it tells you all you need to know about that Mania.

So by my final tally.

5. Wrestlemania 23: 19 points: Truly a terrible Wrestlemania from top to bottom. Seriously, an hour dedicated to Lashley vs. Umaga tells you all you need to know about how bad this card was.

4. Wrestlemania 22: 21 Points: Again, just another incredibly bad, to average Wrestlemania, and average is being very leniant as far as criticism. The Money in the Bank failed, HBK vs. McMahon is incredibly over rated, the Undertaker vs. Mark Henry was awful, and the two title matches were pretty much shameful.

3. Wrestlemania 21: 24 points: Again, I loved this Wrestlemania for the most part, it's just that the two title matches were abysmal, and that's being nice. Cena vs. JBL was okay, and should have gone last considering Cena was the face of the company, or the soon to be face, but leave that to the game to pull his politicks bullshit and go on last to put his buddy Batista over. Both title matches sucked, but the undercard is worth it.

2. Wrestlemania 25: 26 Points: That's right, I watched this again, and enjoyed it far more then thef irst time I wwatched it. Granted thought, I got to skip passed the Kid Rock nightmare. The Stength of HBK and the Undertaker really bumps this card up in my opinion, but is leveled out with how truly awful Randy Orton and Tripel H were. Both of these men fell far in my opinion with their ability to lead a company as this was truly one of the worst main events ever, and that includes Wrestlemania 11.

1. Wrestlemania 24: 31 Points: Simply put, probably the best Wrestlemania ever. The two title matches were fun as all hell, the Big Show vs. Mayweather was solid, MOTB was amazing, hell, Finlay vs. JBL was even passable. Ric Flair vs. shawn Michaels was bad, and coupled with Batista vs. Umaga, were the only dark spots on an otherwise great card.

I know this isnt a part of this thread but wrestlemania 20 kicked ass. I only saw this to prove that how bad WWE has gotten. 20 and 21 were two of the best and now 3 of the last 4 have been complete duds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back