• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which MMA Fighters do you tune in to see?

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok, so I'm guessing a lot of you are MMA fans and I'm interested to know which MMA fighters you have to see fight. Or which MMA fighter's are a Draw, based on your preference.

I'll name a few of mine, but first I'd like to point out that I have to watch Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, and Cain Velasquez fight, just to see if they will lose. It's hard to imagine them losing, with the current state of their divisions as well as UFC match making.

Fedor Emelinenko
I consider him the greatest of all time. When you talk about Fedor, your talking about a guy whose about 5'11-6'0 and 230 lbs, dominating the heavyweight division of Pride. His opponents were usually bigger and heavier then him, but he always found a way to win because he was a great all around fighter. He could knock you out, submit you as well as avoid being knocked out and submitted, by incredible knockout and submission artists. Right now, you are hearing about guys like Jon Jones and Anderson Silva being the P4P best, but they have the luxury of competeing in weight divisions where their opponents weigh the same as them and where they also are usually taller and have a better reach then their opponent. Reach is very important aspect of MMA. Fedor did it with out these advantages. He was usually shorter, fighting guys like 6'8 Tim Sylvia, and could be +35 pounds lighter then his opponent in a sanctioned bout and has beaten men over 400 lbs and over 7'0 tall.

Anyway, I'm always going to tune in to see Fedor because he's fun to watch and he's one of the best of all time.

Matt Mitrione
I like this kid. I first saw him on the Ultimate Fighter and though he's a bit weird, he's an entertaining fighter with some nice knockout power. Right now he's a PPV mid carder at best, but I look forward to his heavyweight career.

Nick Diaz
This guy is an exciting fighter. His match this past week against Paul Daley was one of the best I've ever seen. It was a stand up fight of two sluggers, and Diaz proved himself to be the better when it was all said and done.
He's also pretty funny to listen too. He might be borderline insane. Apparently, the reason he isn't in UFC is because he fought this guy Joe Riggs one night and after the fight both men had to go to the hospital. Diaz found the guy in the hospital and continued the fight :lmao:
Case in point, he is a fighter and an entertaining one at that.

Chael Sonnen
He kind of disappointed me, but not in the octagon. Sonnen vs Anderson Silva pre-fight was epic enough, then Sonnen went on to back up everything he said against a guy people believe to be unbeatable. Sonnen beat down Silva for 23 minutes and it made for an incredible fight. I look forward to seeing him fight again (Sonnen/Silva II?) I just hope he can get things straightened out.

Brock Lesnar
Depends who he's vs'ing whether I root for him or against him. He isn't what you'd call a "likeable" guy, but when he gets in the ocatagon, you can expect a slobberknocker, whether by him or againt him. I'd love to see him vs Anderson Silva, just to see if his size alone could over come Silva's skill.

That's all for now. Btw, their is no order to it. Also, if you just want to list who you tune in for, that's fine.

I always tune in to see Lesnar. Most other times I will just watch a stream. But I pay to watch Brock fight. Also, some of my favorite fighters that I look forward to watching more then most is BJ Penn, Jon Jones, and Jose Aldo. I root for Uriah Faber on a regular. Also, I have to agree with Matt Mitrione as well. Dude is more exciting then I ever expected from him. "Meathead" definitely has a future in the Heavyweight Division. Nick's brother Nate and also guys like Clay Guida and Diego Sanchez usually live up to the hype for their fights. Chris Leben, win or lose usually is involved in a war, one way or another.

Yeah, I was trying to explain in another thread how I view cards. There are just some fighters, as great as they are, who I'm not going to pay and watch fight.

Like BJ Penn is a great fighter, but I would never pay to watch him main event a card. The same goes for any other fights 155 and below. I don't know why, it just doesn't appeal to me and it's not because it's boring either.

I enjoy their fights, but I don't look forward to them. Like I couldn't wait for Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen and I usually am the same about a Brock Lesnar fight or Shogun vs Jones, but like Faber vs Cruz is a huge fight and I wouldn't lose sleep over whether I saw the fight or not.

The smaller guys are probably the most skilled/athletic fighters in all of MMA, it's just not the same to me as watching a Randy Couture, Rampage, etc etc.
I just get more hyped up for the bigger weight classes, but if it's a good fight, I still enjoy them the same.

Chris Leben is a guy I enjoy watching as well. He's not a maineventer, but you know he's gonna brawl. He's going to be facing Wanderlei Silva and that should be a good match up.

Their are also bigger guys I don't really care to watch fight though as well. I usually don't watch an Ultimate fight night with like Amir Saddolah, Kendall Grove or Nate Diaz, which they all seem to be main stays on. Or really care about fights that involve Nate Marquardt, Stephan Bonner, Rich Franklin or either Nog.

It's just like wrestling, some guys are a draw and some aren't. But all are capable of putting on great fights, just like non-draws in wrestling are capable of putting on great matches.

Brock Lesnar
Michael Bisping
Forrest Griffin.

Those are the three I WOULD tune in to see... if I had ESPN. I do desperately need to subscribe to that channel. I do enjoy the UFC a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back