Which job do you find the most untrustworthy?

hArdyPUNKmArk

I'm better than you!
I've been having so many arguments with my real estate (as I rent) and I got to thinking, "Fuck these people are untrustworthy and irresponsible fucks!". Now, I know not all real estate agents are wankers but still, the majority of them that I have dealt with are rediculously unprofessional.

We have had a broken oven in our house for about a month and they STILL haven't even had someone look at it yet they are happy to call me today and let me know I am 6 days behind in rent from January... WTF! It took them what, 6 months to tell me we were 6 days behind because as far as I'm aware my housemates and I have been paying up to date since the start of the year.

Now, this recent 'breach' from my real estate was the last straw and now I will probably NEVER have a good first impression of a real estate agent and it got me thinking. What other jobs/professions do you see as untrustworthy fucks.

I'm sure there will be a lot of lawyers and such but please, give reasons and examples of why you see certain professions this way.

Insurance companies are the most untrustworthy for me.

Insurance companies never, ever want to give you any of the money you have given them. I am only 19 but I have car insurance. I was at a roundabout and a guy was in the wrong lane next to me. When I was going round the roundabout, the guy merged into my lane without signalling and hit the side of me. I pay quite a lot of money each month to my insurance company for things exactly like that.

Anyway, I put a claim into my insurance company because he had damaged the side of my car and I wanted to have it fixed without paying for a new door. The insurance company had different ideas though. After telling me that they would pay it, they told me that they would not, simply because there was no proof that I was in the right. By that, I mean, they didn't believe me that I was telling the truth about what happened. It was only when the guy who hit me actually told the insurance company what had happened were they prepared to give me the money to pay for it.

It's a joke. It's how they work though. You give and you give and you never get anything in return.

No one's said politicians yet? I'd assume that was in the top, well, 1. Everyone complains about Members of Parliament, and with the recent expenses scandal can you blame them? MP's took taxpayers money and spent it on unbelievable things, from chocolate bars for the fat ones, to pictures of yourself for your husband, to a poppy for a remembrance event, to thousands on computer equipment. Some even having the tax-payer pay for their fines on not paying council tax themselves. And then there were the ones who should really be in jail now - 'flipping' their primary residence with their second home to avoid paying thousands in Capital Gains tax. Everyone hates them, no one trusts them anymore, and they shouldn't be trusted with your childs pocket money, let alone millions of pounds meant for services residents actually use. And people wonder why there's a recession on.

Insurance companies never, ever want to give you any of the money you have given them. I am only 19 but I have car insurance. I was at a roundabout and a guy was in the wrong lane next to me. When I was going round the roundabout, the guy merged into my lane without signalling and hit the side of me. I pay quite a lot of money each month to my insurance company for things exactly like that.

Anyway, I put a claim into my insurance company because he had damaged the side of my car and I wanted to have it fixed without paying for a new door. The insurance company had different ideas though. After telling me that they would pay it, they told me that they would not, simply because there was no proof that I was in the right. By that, I mean, they didn't believe me that I was telling the truth about what happened. It was only when the guy who hit me actually told the insurance company what had happened were they prepared to give me the money to pay for it.

It's a joke. It's how they work though. You give and you give and you never get anything in return.

Oh, this thread backfired. Hahahaha sorry man, I am an insurance claims officer :lmoa: but what you said never happens with us, although I am in home insurance mainly. I know what you mean though, to be honest it depends on 2 things wether or not your claims experience goes well or not:

1. Who you get handling your claim. Take me for example. I don't give a fuck about the money my company gives out so if you're nice to me on the phone and have a legitimate claim, I pay it. If you're a douche and are obviously been dodgy then I'll send it to investigations.

2. Who the boss is. I know I'll do a nice thing here and there and pay people who are nice but I know they may be doing something dodgy but it's not much, they've been with my company for 10+yrs and have never made a claim, I'll pay it. But sometimes my boss will ride my ass and I'll be in trouble so I won't do anything for ages.

I completely understand what you mean though, some of the people I work with are comepletely inconsiderate pricks and also as a younger person myself insurance companies, real estates, police etc will always assume there's something dodgy going on simply because of your age.

It's fucked but sorry about your claim, If you were with us in Aus I woulda sorted it out for ya hahaha :lmoa:

Insurance companies, I second. My parents own 5 rental houses around town, and 4 years ago one of them caught fire. It took a year old fighting and legal crap to get the insurance place to pay up the money. My dad repeatedly inquired to make sure he was fully insired before the accident, and they always said yes, but as soon as something went wrong they denied him having the proper policy placed on it. It was a load of crap, they were eventually found to be in the wrong and forced to pay up, but it took FAR longer than it should have, and they were fighting tooth and nail to get out of paying. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do, because you really need insurance on yuor home, vehicle, health and whatnot. You just have to put up with their shit, because there is no alternative.
EDIT: Sorry, didn't mean to paint all insurance people with the same brush, even though that is exactly what I did. My family obviously had a very negative experience with an insurance company, but I'm sure as Mario mentiuoned that plenty of insurance groups are honest and fine.

I've been having so many arguments with my real estate (as I rent) and I got to thinking, "Fuck these people are untrustworthy and irresponsible fucks!". Now, I know not all real estate agents are wankers but still, the majority of them that I have dealt with are rediculously unprofessional.

We have had a broken oven in our house for about a month and they STILL haven't even had someone look at it yet they are happy to call me today and let me know I am 6 days behind in rent from January... WTF! It took them what, 6 months to tell me we were 6 days behind because as far as I'm aware my housemates and I have been paying up to date since the start of the year.

Now, this recent 'breach' from my real estate was the last straw and now I will probably NEVER have a good first impression of a real estate agent and it got me thinking. What other jobs/professions do you see as untrustworthy fucks.

I'm sure there will be a lot of lawyers and such but please, give reasons and examples of why you see certain professions this way.

I second the rent agencies. Basically you only have two sets: Agencies who play by the rules and those who play by their rules.

While the ones who play by the rules are ok, but can be tight assed on certain things like say, living on benefits or what not (still see no problem there, they're still getting rent, what more do they need) but it's the ones who are indepedent that will give you a good offering to start with but turns shit later.

The last place I lived in, it was a dive really, it was poorly kept when I moved in and my housemate's night fiascos never helped. But how rubbish the agency were? They had two different tenacy agreements to the house, one of my housemates never signed up and I joined after the first agreement was done. Six months of a leaking boiler, meaning high bills to keep the house warm in winter and then it finally gets repaired and then about 2 months later it breaks again. The house had lots of shit all over the place, a messy cellar, garden's messed up and the carpet is a joke, and despite living there a year, they try and put all the charges on us despite coming to the house at times in the past year and knowing it was not us.

Personally I hate agencies but the one time I was with a private landlord, he tried screwing me out of my deposit but he was an idiot and I got it back due to some luck. But anywhere I lived with an agencies, maintenance is the problem, in my house prior to the one I lived in which was a mess, during a big stormy wind, the back garden wall fell down and they took over a month to come in and solve the matter, the landlord was more helpful.

Agencies just never seem to be trustworthy, there's always a catch when it comes to deposits, but it's even when you've signed for a house and then other people pull out, leading you to not even move in. You get your deposit, but you're out like £150 because they keep the admin fee that was never used! I just think that any time I move somewhere now, something's going to mess up along the way, currently I can't move anywhere due to not having a job and landlords/agencies not accepting benefits, they get the full rent, but why is benefits a problem? I really don't know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back