Which company would YOU want to wrestle for?

The Con Volt

Your Straight-Edge Savior
Ok, this thread could get a little messy and long-winded, but I've been wanting to do it for awhile so DEAL WITH IT!

Let us assume that you are a young up-and-coming wrestler, who has been making a big name for yourself in the indy scene. Then one day, you get an offer to come work for TNA. And then, the next day, you get an offer from the WWE. So you've got the two largest wrestling organizations in the USA trying to sign you as a talent to their company. And lets say, like me, you look at both companies history when it comes to employee relations.

Being completely honest, WWE will generally offer you more money. Thats unavoidable. Not to mention that virtually every TV talent has transportation payed for; whether it be by air or ground. And the big guys get even better props. Such as 5 star hotel accommodations, and one star is even granted access to the company jet.(take one god damn guess who.) While at TNA, AJ Styles and Kurt Angle are probably the only 2 stars who even come close to seven figures. (it was HHH by the way) So, if you love cash and think you have what it takes to become a very important figure in WWE, you may want to go with them.

+1 WWE

"But convolt! What if we don't really care about the money?" Ok, in that case lets compare the 2 companies work schedules. In the global phenomenon that is the WWE, any on air talent that is anything above jobber status will usually spend 50 weeks out of the year(thats 350 days) on the road. That's pretty rough if you ask me. Whereas in TNA, they typically all fly in to orlando once every 2-3 weeks to record an accompanying 2-3 episodes of impact plus once to perform at the month's PPV. so thats more along the lines of 80 to 100 days a year, in one particular city.(not including house shows) And thats assuming you live out of town. I know Christian just moved to Florida during his TNA tenure. So, If you're like me, and hate sleeping in anything but your own bed, TNA might be the place for you.

Score even

Now lets consider exposure/chances of success. In the WWE, 15 out of the companies roughly 60 regular MALE on-air talents have been a world champion in THAT SPECIFIC company. Thats 25%. While in TNA, and this might shock you, only 9 of their 45 on-air male talent has been either TNA or NWA/TNA champ. which translates to 19.9%. So, I'm kind of shocked considering how often it is said that talent in WWE is held down, when in reality, statistics show that a higher percentage of WWE's current roster is given a world championship. "BUT CONVOLT! WWE has 2 world titles! doesn't that make it unfair?" Sigh, ok how about this. 7 of RAW's roster of 26 male stars has been a world champ. thats 26.9%. And 8 of smackdowns male roster of 25 have been a world champ. thats 32%. (the remaining 9 superstars you're wondering about are left over from WWECW. So even deviding the roster in half to compinsate for the 2 world titles doesn't escape the fact that a larger percentage of WWE superstars have reached the top of a taller mountain than in TNA.

And for me, thats the line and sinker. Busy schedule aside, which would still suck, I'm gonna go with the chance at a MUCH higher pay, and as statistics show us a higher chance of becoming a world champion. So what do you guys think? If you had the choice between the 2 companies, which would you choose to wrestle for? And don't forget to provide reasons for your answer. You're welcome Lord Sidious. :lmao:

You make good points based on the numbers.

However, if I were a talent that was trying to make it big, and I wasn't a Drew Mcintyre or Nigel Mcguiness, I would assume that I would need some work in all departments when it comes to WWE.

Learning their style, learning to work the mic, and top of the line acting skills are needed to make it in the big E.

In order for me to ensure top quality success and qualities, i would want to go to WWE, work through their farm system in FCW, prove to myself and the big guns that I am ready, and take my best shot on the largest televised wrestling promotion in North America (arguably the world).

TNA doesn't have a farm system; they pick their talent direct from the indies and don't really manicure any of their talents to ensure that they are ready to let the ship sail. They do exactly what no talent would want to go through; throw them in the ring and let them sink or swim. You learn things the hard way, sure, but that could mean complete doom to your career if you don't get yourself over properly (or, on the other hand, make yourself out to be completely bland).

Also, being that WWE is the largest televised company in North America, I would rather want to go there for better exposure. More than 3 times the fans would be watching me on a weekly basis, and that's what I would prefer to have. The money would be great and all, but if I could get my name to be talked about in private circles, the WWE would be the better and more effective routes.

I hope that all made sense, in a nutshell, I'd prefer to be trained properly and readied for a tenure in WWE, whereas in TNA there is nothing preparing you aside from the Indies that, at this point in time due to how things are working in TNA and being reshuffled accordingly, will not properly prepare you.

First off HHH isnt the only wrestler who gets to ride on the McMahon provate Jet. JBL (who had places for be the day after shows) did, and I expect some other wrestlers do as well.

SEcondly I'd go with WWE as well. Firstly because the pay's going to be better (which iof I'm a wrestler's going to be high on my list of priorities). Secondly, WWE's bigger (which means I'm going to be known by more people, will get more merchandice sales (therefore more money) and a better post wrestling career). and thirdly WWE has a developmental system. that last point might not sound like much but it's a good reason, because A) you're getting paid to do it without the travelling, B) if WWE doesnt work out you're improving your ring skills so that should WWE go tits up you can make more money than you could pre-WWE on the indie circuit, C) if gives you a chance to form relationships with higher ups in the company which is always important and D) means you get to make friends on the roster before you come up (and if they go up before you means that you have people to travel with, introduce you to others, and be your advocate).

I'd choose TNA.

You can choose between the WWE, getting paid a few million dollars a year and going through an absolutely hellacious schedule, plus if you aren't completely huge and ripped, having a very small chance of actually reaching the main eventer status that would make it worth it. In the TNA, you're getting paid a few hundred thousand dollars a year (omg thats so cheap, lolwut) to have a significantly easier schedule and some of the most loyal fans on the planet. TNA please. I'll take the pay cut (come ON, $500,000 a year is NOT cheap at ALL) for the easier schedule and better, more loyal fans. I might not be known to a billion people, but to those hundred million people who do watch me, dammit, I'm a god.

I'd choose TNA.

You can choose between the WWE, getting paid a few million dollars a year and going through an absolutely hellacious schedule, plus if you aren't completely huge and ripped, having a very small chance of actually reaching the main eventer status that would make it worth it. In the TNA, you're getting paid a few hundred thousand dollars a year (omg thats so cheap, lolwut) to have a significantly easier schedule and some of the most loyal fans on the planet. TNA please. I'll take the pay cut (come ON, $500,000 a year is NOT cheap at ALL) for the easier schedule and better, more loyal fans. I might not be known to a billion people, but to those hundred million people who do watch me, dammit, I'm a god.

I see your point about the schedule, but I think your points on having to be "ripped and huge" a little exagerrated. A few names, Jeff hardy, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Edge, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio all come to mind as recent champs that are neither huge nor ripped (Orton being the closest to any sort of "ripped"). I'm afraid for your argument that it just doesn't work that way much anymore.

As for TNA's pay, Angle is only in the six figures, that's only hundred's of thousands. I'd wonder what Consequences Creed is getting? I'd assume it'd be barely in the hundreds of thousands. Putting yourself through a rough schedule, in my opinion only, is worth buying a house and being financially secure inside of one year's pay (again only my opinion).

Source : http://wikibin.org/articles/tna-payroll.html

From 2008 - TNA Payrolls

Consequences(Austin Creed)-$75,000 (Green and inexperienced)
Petey Williams-$150,000 (Semi-experienced but not over)
Curry Man(Christopher Daniels)-$300,000 (Moderately over, experienced)
AJ Styles-$350,000 ("The Face of TNA", Over in TNA like crazy, Multiple time world champ)
Kurt Angle-$650,000 (OVER AS CAN BE)

Source : http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/mma-fighters-vs-wwe-payroll-look-if-interested-432325/

From 2004 - 2006 - WWE Payrolls

Lance Cade: $118,000 (Green and unable to get over)
Gene Snitsky: $292,000 (Midcard but had his uses)
Edge: $704,000 (At the time, Just getting into upper card)
Randy Orton: $711,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week, over and won the big belt)
John Cena: $1,743,000 (First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week, OVEERRRRRRRR)

Difference much? lol. Orton made more in 2006 than Angle did in TNA 2008, and Orton was just starting his main event level run that he is in today, whereas Angle was the big name TNA had in 2008. Also, look at how badly they paid AJ Styles, lol. I'd hate to be in that guy's position, working so hard for next to crap all in contrast to WWE's payroll.

Not trying to start an argument just showing numbers, that's all.

I think this thread assumes (considering what the OP said), is that your a green inexperienced Indy worker getting into a big company for the first time, so taking that into consideration you'd have to assume you will not be making any huge paychecks by any chance. Just look at Consequences Creed's pay... lol, makes you want to think about going to college and getting a regular job (no offense to CC)

I see your point about the schedule, but I think your points on having to be "ripped and huge" a little exagerrated. A few names, Jeff hardy, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Edge, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio all come to mind as recent champs that are neither huge nor ripped (Orton being the closest to any sort of "ripped"). I'm afraid for your argument that it just doesn't work that way much anymore.

As for TNA's pay, Angle is only in the six figures, that's only hundred's of thousands. I'd wonder what Consequences Creed is getting? I'd assume it'd be barely in the hundreds of thousands. Putting yourself through a rough schedule, in my opinion only, is worth buying a house and being financially secure inside of one year's pay (again only my opinion).

Difference much? lol. Orton made more in 2006 than Angle did in TNA 2008, and Orton was just starting his main event level run that he is in today, whereas Angle was the big name TNA had in 2008. Also, look at how badly they paid AJ Styles, lol. I'd hate to be in that guy's position, working so hard for next to crap all in contrast to WWE's payroll.

Not trying to start an argument just showing numbers, that's all.

I think this thread assumes (considering what the OP said), is that your a green inexperienced Indy worker getting into a big company for the first time, so taking that into consideration you'd have to assume you will not be making any huge paychecks by any chance. Just look at Consequences Creed's pay... lol, makes you want to think about going to college and getting a regular job (no offense to CC)

Thanks for the extra numbers man, I couldn't find the TNA roster's pay for the life of me. lol and KAYOH? I think your numbers are a little off, saying that TNA has a hundred million viewers, when WWE would KILL to have those numbers. Please!!!!! Just sayin, YOU'RE WRONG!

This is entirely dependent on your reasons for getting into the business. Much like acting and music, it depends on whether your passion is to go out and perform the best you can or to take the money road for something of lesser quality. In this regard TNA is the passion company. People who are passionate about the business aren't going to care how much money they make because all they want to do is entertain people. By comparison whilst someone who works for the WWE may have a desire to entertain, if the sole reason they pick WWE over TNA is money they're essentially drawing a line in which they care more about personal gain instead of doing what they love.

With that in mind I'd choose TNA, it's a greater platform to showcase and be respected for athleticism and it would allow me to give back to any fans. Also the reduced schedule allows the ability for the pursuit of non-wrestling interests and time to spend with a potential family. You can have your seven figure WWE main eventer paycheck and buy all the houses you want with it, but what's the point if you're never going to get to live in it? I'd rather not destroy my home life and have something I'm passionate about become nothing more than a means to an end.

Also taking into account the numerous horror stories about backstage life in WWE, I'd much prefer a far less hostile working environment.

WWE, no brainer. If you don't aim for the top, what's the point? I am going to assume that my wrestling ability is good enough to sign a contract with either company, based on the title. (obviously, in real life, it would be completely different)

Granted that I am a legitimately skilled pro wrestler, the WWE has a lot more to offer me. It has the best names in the business to teach me what I need to know. The collective knowledge of Vince's backstage agents, Dusty Rhodes, Mike Rotunda, Arn Anderson, Ted DiBiase, etc, combined with the established veterans they have on the active rosters that double as trainers, a young wrestler could not ask for a better place to learn...if they are willing to put in the hard work, and be respectful. (Piss off the Undertaker, and you are on your own, lol)

Money. Flat out, the WWE pays a lot better than TNA does. If I look at wrestlers in general, most of them can't wrestle past 40 years old. Between the injuries and age, you have a limited timespan in which you can ply your trade. Given the limited time, I would want to set myself up financially the best that I could, so that I have a larger nest egg when my career is over. Most won't make enough to retire and never have to work again, but, having enough money saved up so that I can invest it, start a business, etc would be nice. It would take me a lot longer in TNA to save up the same kind of money I could save in the WWE, which means in the long run, I would make less money in TNA. If I am looking to my post-wrestling future, the WWE is far more attractive, because of the potential to set me up to be financially stable.

I would also choose the WWE because I would get to wrestle the best competition. If I want to make it to the top of the wrestling world, I can do it much easier by being seen in the ring with HHH, HBK, Taker, Cena, Orton, etc, than I can with TNA. Going back to my first statement, if you don't aim for the top, what's the point?

However, as much as I think those reasons are all well and good, the biggest draw the WWE has to offer me is Wrestlemania. Any young wrestler who would voluntarily pass up the chance to witness Wrestlemania first hand, is nuts. Even if you never made it on the actual card, just being there would make it completely worth it. Lets be honest, how many TNA wrestlers would absolutely LOVE to be main eventing Wrestlemania? How many WWE wrestlers are dying to main event Slammaversary? AIM HIGH, and nothing is higher than Wrestlemania. WWE can offer me Wrestlemania, TNA can't. You might as well ask a football player if they would rather play in the NFL and have a chance to win a Super Bowl, or play in the AFL2, so they can win an Arena Bowl. Nothing can compare to Wrestlemania, so, just the potential that I could be there, at the biggest event in all of pro wrestling, would be too tempting to pass up.

The WWE would certainly be the harder of the two paths, a much more difficult journey...but, while the odds of success might not be good, the potential rewards would be an awful lot to give up. If you don't aim for the top, What's the point?

Well if I were younger and starting in the business, my dream company would be the WWE with out a doubt.

Yes you have to consider all the options but with this it also comes that it is the Number one company in the World, The money is better even if it is the basic contract, if you get injured they will back you up for the surgery since it is stipulated on most contracts.

And most of all, is were my favorite wrestlers have wrestled, of course I want to be part of that, as a wrestler that is huge.

You can say at all that you would perform with more freedom at TNA because in the end it depends on the circunstance, and that also does not will guarantees a spot in the main events, I have seen great athletes in TNA that will never be as recognized as they should either, and eventhough some people talk about say someone like Cena not being that good, well the man works as Horse and that is why he is on top, not the best in the world but the effort is there.

As a wrestler on any of the two the pad will be difficult, but it seems way more in WWE, you have to learn a lot of stuff to be succesfull there, how to deal with things in the office, how to give oyur best performance over a grueling schedule that will make you question your pasion for the business over and over and if it all is worth it, but in the end if you make it, if you pass all the stones in the road and make it, it will be worth it.

Like Davi 323 said, if you don't aim for the top what's the point?

Honestly, I would NEVER want to be a pro wrestler. My body couldn't handle it. lol..But if I had to chose a company, Money>Passion and I'll tell you why. Did anybody that saw the movie The Wrestler watch the special features with Piper, Paige, Beefcake, Luger, etc? If you did you would realize that professional wrestlers are independent contractors. Unless you are one of the top title holders, or are selling enough merch to warrant it, you have to get your own transport to certain events, and in some cases your own hotel room. Also, you have NO INSURANCE. What do you do if you pull a John Cena and tear your pectoral? You have to purchase your own insurance, and they classify wrestlers as high risk which will increase your premium. So say you are Consequences Creed and get hurt. You have $75,000 a year to pay for insurance, food, your home, have money to take care of your family if you have one, and in TNA provide your own transport/loding if your out of town. So if you would want to go to TNA for that, be my guest, but I would take the starting WWE salary any day. Logic would win out there every time.

Me, personally? TNA, absolutely.

I couldn't handle living in a fish bowl, and not being able to go places without getting mobbed by people asking for shit, for one. For two, I wouldn't at ALL want to put up with the travel demands of the WWE. In TNA, you could get nice and set up in the greater Orlando area, which would be an awesome place to live. Sure, you may make more money in WWE, but what the fuck does it matter if you have no time off to enjoy it? WWE works 350 days a year. FUCK that man. It would also be far easier to keep up a good physique, not having travel demands, as you could get proper sleep, and nutrition.

MUCH less travel, much more time off, and being able to maximize my body with training and rest. All this while being able to still making a VERY good living while maintaining a fairl normal low key life outside the ring. Absolutely TNA, for my personality.

I would pick WWE.. Im a passionate guy about the business but sorry the money comes first... At the end of the day I wanna be financially secure and stable when I retire... I'll just man up the demanding schedule of theirs.. That's why I don't bash Batista for being in it for the money...

It depends on how driven I was as a competitor. TNA might be a better option if I want to have a lot of time to myself and If I wasn't concerned about my legacy, but WWE would be the better option if I wouldn't to, or at least try, to make an impact.

TNA might've exposed AJ Styles & Samoa Joe to a wider audience, but both are still relative nobodies to people outside of wrestling and what sort of legacy does an American based wrestler who's never worked for WWE leave? Sting will finish his career being that guy who didn't work for WWE, he won't be remembered for him matches or promos.

I totally disagree with the Sting statement you made.. Sting is in a unique class by himself, in that he will be remembered for his matches, not so much his promos tho.(It's showtime folks). Wrestling fans will remember sting vs flair, sting vs vader, sting vs rick rude and I can go on and on.

It depends on how driven I was as a competitor. TNA might be a better option if I want to have a lot of time to myself and If I wasn't concerned about my legacy, but WWE would be the better option if I wouldn't to, or at least try, to make an impact.

TNA might've exposed AJ Styles & Samoa Joe to a wider audience, but both are still relative nobodies to people outside of wrestling and what sort of legacy does an American based wrestler who's never worked for WWE leave? Sting will finish his career being that guy who didn't work for WWE, he won't be remembered for him matches or promos.

He'll only be remembered if WWE want him to be. Any classic matches he had, WWE own them. You only have to look at Bret Hart coming back, after all the times he's said he wouldn't, as a prime example of wrestlers being concerned that they won't be remembered and recognized by wrestling viewers. Out of sight, out of mind.

I will wrestle for TNA, why? because look i have a family and by working for TNA you have a very short traveling schedule. And i really dont mind getting paid abit less then what i will get paid in WWE but it really doesnt matter.

Also in TNA theres more of a chance of you wrestling and not getting release. In the hand in WWE you may not get any TV time and you could get release in less then a month. And you know that if your a good wrestler and you get release by WWE you will some how end up in TNA. So i will just save all the trouble and just go to TNA since the start.

The pay of WWE vs the light schedule of TNA hmmm.

If I was a young up and comer, Id pick WWE. Like other people have said, you get better exposure due to it being the #1 wrestling company, your travel bills are paid for you (you have to do it yourself in TNA apparently) and the pays better.

If I was a bit older and/or had a family Id pick TNA, seeing as I get to have more time to spend with them and so long as Im finacially secure they would be no reason for me to go to WWE

I'd honestly wrestle for whatever company would want me haha. But to actually contribute to the conversation I would take the WWE. I've been a lifelong fan and as a kid I always wanted to be a WWF superstar. Hell I'd still love to get into the business somehow, just because wrestling has always been a passion of mine (I'd do a interviewer/commentator thing now that I'm older). The only downside to the E is the traveling and that really doesn't bother me. I don't mind moving around and I don't have a family of my own, so that would let me get out into the world and see some new places and bond with some of the boys. The pay obviously outweighs that of TNA, so the E is really the only choice for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back