Which Cities Would You Like To See Host Wrestlemania?

shooter_mcgavin

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Wrestlemania is around the corner (again) and chances are one of the top discussions is which city will host Wrestlemania in the coming years.

It's no secret that hosting WM helps the city as much as it does the WWE. The amount of money the event brings in spikes up the tourism industry of the city.

So I was wondering which cities would you like to see host WM?

I have a top 5 in my mind with a few guidelines:
- Feasiblity (i.e. is there a stadium to hold the event, is it ecomonically feasible for the city(?), or how is the weather if the stadium is an out door one?)
- Location - Since majority of recent WM's have been in the south ... I am trying to avoid that region

well without further adue here are mine

1. Vancouver, BC - BC Place

I konw the WWE is thinking of having Toronto host the next WM. But I guess the WWE doesn't realize there is another major City the other side of Canada. And that's Vancouver ... without a doubt a beautlful city and considered one of the best cities to live in.

It also located in the NW border of the US-Canada making it accessible for fans in Seattle, Portland, and California.

Plus Vancouver has proven it can host a big event such as the successful 2010 Winter Olympics.

2. London, England - Wembley Stadium

A lot of people think it's a long time coming for devoted European fans to have WM in Europe. And I see no reason why it shouldn't. UK fans are just as loyal to the WWE than American fans and, sometimes, even moreso.

Also London looks like a perfect place to host WM coming off the heels of the 2012 Olympics ... where in tourism starts to spike for a city.

The major argument is the timezone and spoiler issues but I always ask people ... why would you spoil yourself the ending knowing you payed $50 to order WM on PPV?

3. Minneapolis, MN - Metrodome

It's strange that northern cities in the US don't get a lot of love but I feel getting WM in Minneapolis is a long time coming. It's one of the major US cities and quite a beauty.

4. Salt Lake City, UT - Rice-Eccles Stadium

Another city I want to see WM in. Never been to Salt Lake but I can't help but feel Salt Lake City and Utah's current boom in the services industry. Plus it would be nice to see WM in Utah. Sound strange for some reason but it might be cool.

5. Mexico City, Mexico - Aztec Stadium

A lot of people are suggesting this too. And with WM being in April perhaps they can coincide with Spring break to make WM a festive event.

This does two things ... helps WM make a bigger global impact by hosting it on a country that has not hosted it before (like England), avoid the timezone issue, and help the tourism economy of the Mexico City.

I like the idea of some of your locations

Metrodome: I'm a fan of them attempting to come there, it would be very economical for the WWE as I don't think the rent would be much but it does get very cold sometimes around that time of year but it would be awesome to see WWE come to the Metrodome.

Cowboys Stadium: This is where I think Wrestlemania will likely end up for the 29th edition. They've got to scale the building enough to shatter the indoor attendance record. If WWE saved Austin for the 29th edition they could pull it off.

Madison Square Garden: All the milestones have come back to NYC such as the 1st 10th and 20th I do not see why the 30th edition would be any different.

Edward Jones Dome: I see St. Louis pulling hard for this one. There were rumors they wanted in and I don't see why not.

LA Colliseum: This stadium is massive. They tried to do it for WM 7 before the Iraq war curbed those plans I could see them giving it a shot.

I think that is about it. I do not see them going to Wembley but that would be an awesome option as the WWE is more popular than ever. Tokyo Dome would be another cool option to see them go to also.

I'm formerly from Chicago, and while the AllState Arena(home of Money in the Bank 11, most recently) provides a great atmosphere, the capacity is too small.

With Indianapolis having a huge new, beautiful arena(Lucas Oil Stadium), a stronghold on the NCAA Final Four for a while, a Super Bowl upcoming, I'd love to see them host WM again(They hosted WM 8. I went as a wee tike. Weird white dome back then).

I think that Vancouver would be a really awsome option..

and Dallas' new stadium will more than likley actaully be it in the next 2 years.

Without looking it up im not sure if WM has been in Las Vegas but that would be a win win win for every party involved...

MONTREAL! Despite being a huge wrestling city, with a ton of historic wrestling incidents happening here, montreal has NEVER held wrestlemania! It could be held at the olympic stadium, or the bell center!

My Vote is Guantanamo Bay. Hear me out. They do it for the "troops" since Vince loves to pander. You have a hardcore title match, where you let a jihad-jihad loose in ring and the "sports entertainers" have to wrestle around i.e.d's. You bring back Stone Cold to guest host this year allowing him to stomp mud holes in Bad guys, for realsies. PLUS you have a built in luxury beach destination for tourists wanting to make the trip. It's win win really.

I like all your ideas as for the Minneapolis one i like the most for personal reasons as i live near Minnesota. State officals and the Vikings are hopeing to build a new stadium either on the site of the metrodome or somehwere else in Downtown Minneapolis or in the Suburban Saint Paul. The stadium would be over 80,000 seats and have a retractable roof so if its a cooler day or chance of rain in april they could have the roof closed. But they have yet to even break ground on the venue but it will most likely happen so i'd wait to have a wrestlemania there until the new billion dollar stadium is built and not have it in the Metrodome which is a older venue built back in the early 80's and kind of is a dive now. But the wwe could make it look great of course if they chose to do it.

I go for Toronto mainly because i live there and i don't remember wrestlemania 18 because i was 4 and i didn't watch wrestling till i was 6.As for Vancouver you guys already had a major sports event just back in 2010.We haven't had a major sports event in a while particularly a normal ppv.We are also the largest metropolitan city in Toronto.Dont say "They could try" but they can its a huge risk.Take the via rail or a Friggin bus guys :shrug: .Just be happy that it is in canada.Last time a ppv it was in Montreal. Cm on guy we booed Michaels of all people not a good memorable ppv.

I'm surprised nobody has said this city yet...

Honolulu, Hawaii

Granted, it would be a bit of a stretch to get the production crew and equipment there. But if they can do Raw overseas then why not in our own paradise?

I gotta go with Boston. Think about it, while the arena can't hold so much, they could do it outside at Fenway Park!!!! PLUS Boston played a huge part in WrestleMania history. The night Stone Cold won his first WWE Title against Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 14

NEW ORLEANS SUPER DOME!!!

Reason being its only 50 miles from where i live and would be the only chance i would ever have of going to a Mania. Its a big venue in a big city that just celebrated its first Super Bowl Championship. Why not bring the Super Bowl of Wrestling to the Super Dome?

5) Seattle again, ten years later at wm 29 would be a great one i loved the setting and the long entrance way and a great wm too!
4)San Fransico where the San fran giants play great setting right on the water way would be a great wm will prolly be held there for 29 or 31, 30 is going to be wm 30.
3)New Orleans/Dallas Texas, both huge stadiums Dallas is bigger but could be a great wm atmosphere and could create a classic wm!
2) San Diego/Reliant stadium, i would love to see a wm here might not have as many seats as other stadiums but if they can hold one in Miami, they could hold one here at san diego. would be a great wm!
1) Boston MA/FENWAY PARK, this would be the best place to hold a wm because they've never held it at fenway park and its one of the oldest ball parks in the U.S besides wrigley field. Would be an awesome wm setting im hoping at wm 32 or 33 f they dont tear the place down by then :(

i think hosting WM at Wembley would be great, for you American folk this is the standard once a year PPV that is pretty big but maybe not as big as the super bowl (im English so just taking a guess), but for Europe this would be probably a once in a lifetime opportunity to go to a Wrestlemania that is so close and not have to pay large amounts of money to fly the US. I think the hype would be massive and the crowds would be very loud, heck i bet some of you 'across the pond' would like to come to London if you have never been before, just my opinion though :D

MONTREAL! Despite being a huge wrestling city, with a ton of historic wrestling incidents happening here, montreal has NEVER held wrestlemania! It could be held at the olympic stadium, or the bell center!

I'M with you on this, but it would have to be at Olympic Stadium because the Bell Centre isn'T big enough for a wrestlemania type card. You could use the bell Centre for the Hall Of Fame ceromony.

But i doubt we will be seeing wrestlemania in montreal anytime soon mostly because the Mayor just doesn'T see how much money wrestlemania would bring to montreal

I go for Toronto mainly because i live there and i don't remember wrestlemania 18 because i was 4 and i didn't watch wrestling till i was 6.As for Vancouver you guys already had a major sports event just back in 2010.We haven't had a major sports event in a while particularly a normal ppv.We are also the largest metropolitan city in Toronto.Dont say "They could try" but they can its a huge risk.Take the via rail or a Friggin bus guys :shrug: .Just be happy that it is in canada.Last time a ppv it was in Montreal. Cm on guy we booed Michaels of all people not a good memorable ppv.

Just in the last year along, you had 2 WWE events (A live event and a smackdown tapings) plus you had a TNA house show and a UFC show at rogers centre. Most canadian city are not even able to get half of that in a year plus like you said, Toronto already had 2 wrestlemania's, why let other canadian cities a chance of getting it for a chance. I'm not knocking Toronto because i went to Toronto during my summer vacation and i really did love it there but it'S time for another canadian city to get a shot a hosting wrestlemania.

Webley Stadium would be the perfect place for WrestleMania. Not only do the UK fans deserve a huge WWE event hosted in their country, it's one of the only places that could easily break that 100,000 person barrier for attendance. It would also give me a good reason to get across the pond...

Chicago. The WWE loves the Windy City. Every time they roll into town they pull everything out of the hat for some of their most loyal fans. Most recently we had Money in the Bank, featuring the Punk/Cena match, AND the Raw before WrestleMania that featured a Supershow taping, the Rock, the Undertaker, Triple H, and the return of HBK. It's safe to say that outside of the Garden, Chicago is their favorite place to be. But my biggest issue with Mania in Chicago is they always hold it at the Allstate Arena, which at max can only hold around 20,000 people. They've been doing events there forever, but I think if they're going to come back to Chicago for Mania (probably 31 or 32 if they keep to the pattern), they need to do it at Soldier Field. Go from 20,000 to 70,000 with one change of arena and still draw the same loyal Chicago fans. I'll admit, I'm a little biased to this idea because it's 30 minutes from where I live. I could get to all the events for about $1,000 cheaper... There are also a ton of historic theaters to hold the Hall of Fame ceremony.

Indianapolis - The still new Lucas Oil Stadium is a very nice complex. It has hosted Men's and Women's Final Fours, will be host to Super Bowl so why not have it there? Plus, it's only like 2 hours from my home

Dallas - Their football field speaks for itself. But, WM has been south lately so could be after NY (WM 30 for sure)

London/Tokyo/Vancouver/Toronto - Like mentioned before, it will be a GREAT way to spread the love out of the states. Only been done twice for Mania, both in Toronto so I hope that doesn't happen again, and would no matter where it is, it will get great attendence.

I was thinking something out in the NW part of the US. I'm not sure where, best bet would be Seattle, but it would provide the people out there with a Mania to go to. Haven't really had one since X9

Green Bay - I'm a Packer fan so it would be SWEET to see them at Lambeau. Who cares if it'll probably cold up there. It would make for a great atmosphere in my opinion

I doubt that it will cross into another continent because of time restrictions... When Summer Slam 92 was held in Wembly Stadium it was actually pretaped and shown to America at a later time. There is no way that they could do that in this day and age... no it has to be live, no matter where it is filmed and they are always going to put the American continent first, as far as live airing time goes... and if they do decide to cross into a distant time zone for a PPV I doubt that they will use Wrestlemania as the Guini Pig.

As a city that is so rich in wrestling history, it would be VERY fitting to hold Wrestlemania for the first time in HISTORY in St. Louis, MO. The Edward Jones Dome would be the perfect place to host the grandest stage of them all. I know there are a lot of wrestling fans in the midwest that have been waiting for such a possibility, and I'm just one of them.

Screw you all.

The big cities are enough it should be somewhere smaller but just as good

DC

Why hasnt it been in our Nation's Capitol?

Why cant we stop with the Texas, Cali and NY crap. Fuck them states

Seriously it's as sickening as seeing Cena with the belt all the time. It's always gotta be the SAME damn places in the usual states No one's saying anything different much. Dallas can wait, NY for WM30 is a given and thats okay, but WM needs to start going different places elsewise

Florida and Texas arent in need of another Mania for another 10 years a piece.

They've had quite enough.

People expect it to come to the UK, it barely comes to Canada and it'll never go elsewhere as Vince cant even settle it in some different damn cities

What about Baltimore? How about a Mania in Wyoming?

Or Alaska? WrestleMania where hell freezes over and they give you the dream matches of a lifetime you thought you'd never see.

Where's WrestleMania in Rhode Island? why cant we try something different

The thing that pisses me off is it's done from a fucking stadium so it doesnt HAVE to be a big city, it can be anywhere in the whole US because stadiums are big regardless

They need to shock me, show me something different

It should be in PUERTO RICO!!!!!! holy shit this would be epic! It would be somewhere diffrent but still within U.S terretories. it was home for a PPV in 2006! Let it role again. This is as possible as i can throw mark henry, not very far.

As a resident of Baltimore and someone who works in DC, I would like it in our area. But there is a major problem. We don't have a dome between both cities. The only place that does have a large venue is University of Maryland College Park.

And I don't see people coming to our city to be outside in the cold. Ravens Stadium and Camden Yards have the space but they are outside venues and it's not ideal.

Now Puerto Rico would be a great location. It is warm, they have the space there and its a wrestling location with lots of history. Plus with wwe looking to expand into latino markets, it would work very well.

I also like the Dallas , even though Texas Gets Too Many WWE Events.

Honorable Mention: Tennesse , New Orleans .

I know it will never happen 1. Because of the aforementioned time zone issues and 2. Because Australia haven't had a live WWE/F event in a long time, if ever. (can't remember if Global Warning was live but they definetly taped it).

With that being said, Etihad Stadium in Melbourne would be an ideal venue. The capacity at the moment for sports games is around 56,000 but can easily reach 60,000 with the ground seats. (ACDC Concert last year had over 60,000)

The stadium is only 11 years old and is ideal for viewing purposes even in the top level. Retractable roof and plenty of space for stage, long ramp etc.
The stadium is located in the Melbourne Docklands and is surrounded by hotels and restaurants and easily accessible by public transport.

Remember Global Warning did get 56,734 fans and RAW house shows are sold out every year in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

Anyway most of you probably have no idea what I'm talking about but it would be nice.

If not overseas I would like to see Wrestlemania 29 go to somewhere in the US that no Wrestlemania has been held before. Where ever that may be.

Canada is due for another wrestlemania. We only have 6 and 18 so far. Give us WM31 or 32. Its already obvious new york gets WM30. :p

Toronto is guanteed 70k fans, Montreal can get 55K+ or vancouver can draw a huge number too. Either place would be awesome as its dirt cheap for canadians to fly around canada and it will be really cheap for our american sisters.

Canada is also a safebet to draw huge money, crowds and a insanely loud reaction...which is great for tv. Us canadians go apeshit when wwe comes here because we rarely get to see it.

We wouldnt be a dead crowd like most american cities. It seems like wwe can only get reactions in new york, chicago and a couple others....yet most of the time they have dead crowds.

Let’s get one thing straight right off the bat. Mania will not be held outside North America. WWE will cater to the American audience and Mania will begin at 7pm eastern time.

For my choices I’m going to pick two cities that have never hosted WrestleMania but should have by now. Both have already been mentioned but I’ll mention them again. First is St. Louis. There is a big dome in St. Louis and the town is rich in wrestling history. I’m really surprised mania hasn’t been there already. Next is New Orleans. The Superdome is a pretty famous venue and used to be a regular host of wrestling events in the territory days. I can just hear it now; WrestleMania on Bourbon Street. I’m sure they would do something on Bourbon Street during fan axxess. Phoenix, Atlanta, and Miami are all cities that have been crossed off my mania wish list the past three years so maybe these cities are next. I could see mania in Minnesota too but I’m not sure how nice the Metradome is (although the HHH Metradome somehow seems appropriate). Maybe when they get their new stadium. Obviously the new Cowboys Stadium would be pretty sweet and I’m sure Mania will end up there some day. If mania ever returns to the smaller venue I wouldn’t mind seeing it go to DC. Mania in the nation’s capital would be kind of cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back