• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where would Petey Williams be...?

Where would Petey Williams be...?

• Higher, maybe main eventing

• Still in the mid card (x-division)

• Where he is now, the indies

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMizardofOzsome

Mizards>Wizards
This is the first TNA version of my What if series...this one being what if Petey Williams (The Canadian Destroyer) had his contract renewed in January '09?

I believe he would eventualy have become a main eventer, he is the same build as Jeff (although a tad shorter), since they have given pushes to people with little mic skills (Abyss) or past their prime (Ric, Dreamer, Rhino, etc.) He was 27 so he could of easily main evented or wrestled for years to come, and was one of the last x division champs that mattered, and his finisher was just epic and looked devastating, so where would you think he would be?

TNA cannot make stars like WWE can. So Petey would have been where he was when he left.

Samoa Joe, AJ Styles are pretty much the only people TNA have made legit. But AJ would struggle in WWE.

One of TNA's biggest problems IMO is entrance music. WWE has it, TNA doesnt.

Example- RVD's WWE theme is epic. TNA theme sucks. Entrance music is a big deal in the business.

You got a pretty awesome Screen name by the way.

Thanks, but TNA can create talent, as long as they don't get washed up WWE people join and take up a good chunk of cash (When the only people were the MEM it was exciting to see Lethal, Dutt, and Williams) you can have epic matches, just when you throw late 30's early 40's (or Flair's 60's) in do you get what we have now

It seems like you guys go out of your way to say something bad about TNA. How about just answer the freakin question Mr. Anderson). Petey Williams could be a Main Event-er, however, he is such a great mid-carder he would probably be there. It's hard to find guys who are perfect at that level. People on here misuse the word mid-carder anyway. A mid-carder is a person who can hold an audience, but is not in the World title picture. He's PERFECT (Curt Hennig) at it. He would probably be there because of his mic skills, or lack there of.

The way to solve this problem, which is the case for many wrestlers. A manager. Add a manager to RVD please. He is great in the ring. Why is he never on these damn top workers list. You haters are crazy if you think CM Punkis a better worker than RVD

It's kinda hard to say for sure. Yeah he was in a feud with Scott Steiner and the M.E.M, but so was half the damn roster. It's never easy to determine where someone would be if you ignore recent factors. nWo's arrival into TNA kinda threw a wrench into everything, so yeah, guys like Petey may have gotten a solid push as a TNA original, but Bischoff and Hogan are slightly unpredictable as to what they'll do and if they'll completely ruin what they're trying to perfect.

Petey would definitely be in the main event picture, he had what it takes, plus the crowd popped huge for him, could you imagine how hard they would mark out now?

I see a couple brand new posters marking out like ******s over WWE.....fucking morons
go back and enjoy your kiddie wrestling, i bet you 2 assclowns think Cena is awesome too...(snicker)

Mid-card, in various feuds in the X-Division, right where he belongs.

I love Petey, don't get me wrong. There probably wasn't a user on this forum more upset when he was let go than me at the time, but even I understand Williams' limits, and believe me, he's got them. He was fantastic as an X-Division wrestler, but his personality was only marginally better than his peers at the time, and the same would hold true now as well.

For the record though, I'd love to see him return to face Doug Williams for the title. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back