Where would he be today

MINISTRYrising

Championship Contender
the texas tornado kerry von erich died on the 18th february 1993. he was 33 years old. during his life kerry won many nwa titles and also had a run in the wwe as the ic champion. but if kerry had not taken his own life. then were do you think he would be today. do you think he would have gone back to wwe or gone to wcw and would he have become a world champion at either company.

Honestly today he would probably be dead anyways. Very few wrestlers abused their bodies to the extent of Kerry Von Erich, think Eddie Guerrero times 10.

Because of these issues he wouldn't have done much more than he did, he was probably going to jail right before he did kill himself for forging prescription's. He certainly had the talent to be world champion but I think ultimately for him is his demon's were too big for Kerry to overcome.

If he kept his demon's under control however Kerry could have been huge. He had the IT factor no doubt and is definitely someone with the right push that could have been the face of any big wrestling company, including the WWE. If Kerry stayed clean he may have been the face of the company after Hogan. I'm glad it was Bret but Kerry had more charisma than Bret Hart by FAR.

Really no telling how Kerry would've ended up. He was a great talent from what little bit of him I saw in WWF. At the time of his suicide, I wasn't aware of all his issues, except that he had a history of drug abuse. At my age then, my attention to the news was low when it came to details surrounding things like precursors to a high profile suicide. But from what I read on Wikipedia, Kerry was about to face some prison time from forging prescriptions. I'd like to think if he'd faced the legal system, he might've been able to get clean. I don't know how severe the pain he had from the foot amputation; chances are it was healed years before his death.

All I actually remember seeing of him was his match against Mr. Perfect. He had a great body, plenty of charisma, he could talk, he could wrestle and he was over. Based on that, he would have done very well for himself.

Not very far because he was missing a foot. He would shower with his boots on to hide the fact, Vince didn't even know the truth till after.

All that said, I loved him in the NWA.. in WWF he was still good and hid his disability very well.. he was good, he could talk, he had a great look, and he could wrestle.

I think he would have went far if he had his foot and didn't have the demons, the sky was the limit for him. GREAT Personality in Wrestling. RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back