Where were you during the last Nitro?

CM Steel

A REAL American
In March of 2001, WWF/E chairman Vince McMahon bought rival wrestling promotion WCW from Ted Turner. On what was the last Monday night Nitro on TNT. At the beginning of the show, we see a shot of WWF/E chairman Vince McMahon on the Nitro titantron saying that he just bought WCW. And then seconds later we see Vince's son Shane McMahon heading into the WCW ring (remember the graphic?). Saying that it was him who signed the papers to own WCW (storyline). Starting a 8 month storyline feud in it's self.

This was the first time in years that the WWF/E had took over WCW since "Black Sunday" on TBS. The last Monday night Nitro was one to remember. Including the main event between Ric Flair vs Sting. And the rest is history.

Where were you during the last Nitro?

Watching RAW... Like, you know, you have to do to see whats happening on the show. This is a pretty redundant question, and you didn't even answer it yourself you just gave a short synopsis on what happened on the final edition of Nitro.

Unless you want me to say I was watching it, eating an apple and dying to take a piss all at the same time.

Watching RAW... Like, you know, you have to do to see whats happening on the show. This is a pretty redundant question, and you didn't even answer it yourself you just gave a short synopsis on what happened on the final edition of Nitro.

Unless you want me to say I was watching it, eating an apple and dying to take a piss all at the same time.
What I was doing? WTF you think I was doing? I was channel surfing between RAW & Nitro for the final time! Nitro came on before RAW that night, where the whole Vince McMahon on Nitro thing first started when he stated that he just bought WCW from Ted Turner.

And I also had the time to watch that last Nitro main event between Ric Flair and Sting where Ric Flair was wearing a Nitro T-shirt during the match because he was too outta shape. And yes I was at my house.

So does that answer "your question"?

What I was doing? WTF you think I was doing? I was channel surfing between RAW & Nitro for the final time! Nitro came on before RAW that night, where the whole Vince McMahon on Nitro thing first started when he stated that he just bought WCW from Ted Turner.

And I also had the time to watch that last Nitro main event between Ric Flair and Sting where Ric Flair was wearing a Nitro T-shirt during the match because he was too outta shape. And yes I was at my house.

So does that answer "your question"?

Ehm I didn't ask you a question. I pointed out that you didn't answer the question yourself, which you asked.

And you proved my point. Its a redundant question. What do you think people were doing during the final Nitro? Watching the show. Watching RAW. It isn't that hard to figure out the answer.

I was sitting in front of my TV flipping back and forth like I always did. IDK, maybe I'm not grasping the point of the post. I'd like to say I was banging Jen Aniston at the time, but nope...watching TV not expecting Shane O'Mac to show up on Nitro.

I was i asleep at night getting ready the next day of kindergarten. Had I been older I would have probably been switching between NITRO and RAW. I have seen the episode on you tube though.

I was at school when I heard that the towers were hit. Tragic.

As for Nitro, I was at home watching Raw and when they started to show WCW, I was like "WTF is this shit?"

I was 7 or 8 at the time and I saw the repeat that morning (Or I taped it.... Whatever) and I was a big WCW fan as I was terrifyed by Kane so I didn't watch WWF that often. I remember being bummed out that WCW was ending but I was still a huge fan of wrestling... So I had quite the dilemma at the time. Be a Pussy and stop watching wrestling... or Become a not pussy and watch the WWF. Plus right after the show I put my hand on a curling iron and burned the fuck outa my. rough day.... The end of my Favorite Wrestling promotion and I burned myself. I got to miss school though :lmao:

i was watching raw in my parents house ... i did flip to nitro and saw how there product was reduced to crap...also saw shane mcmahon walk in the ring...was hoping it would be mr mcmahon himself in a wcw ring.

It was kinda sad seeing sting and ric flair cry in the agony of defeat...or them giving booker t the title on the last show...

i was always a wwe guy i couldnt stand shivanni's voice or mike tenay's voice...

so i was one of the happy fans! I always found nitro as an anoying distraction they have my fave wrestlers over there too but there making me switch channels from my favorite show monday night raw...they shouldve went to tuesdays and bow out of the wars from long before

In Russian safe house in Arlington, Virginia packing silencers into coffee cans. Endless hours. Plenty of time to watch RAW.

I was sitting on my couch watching Raw as usual, then all of a sudden they do they whole Vince/Shane WCW owner thing and that made me finally watch Nitro on TNT. I was about 8 years old. I rarely ever watched WCW Nitro and kids my age never talked about it either.

I honestly don't remember. I was probably watching something on FOX since I rarely had cable television growing up. I wouldn't get into wrestling for about half a decade or so later.

(+1 non-spam post)

Oh i probably did what i usually did.. At home in my bedroom watching Nitro and taping Raw with a VCR.. yep, before the DVR :)

I also usually had lots of rum during the shows when I had Mondays off from work, but since I had to work the next morning.. I didn't drink that night :(

Friday Night in the UK (when WWF & WCW aired) 13 years old & had been exposed to dirt sheets for about a year but was still very much a mark & switching between Nitro (on Bravo) & Raw (Sky Sports) just amazed because Shane McMahon was on two different channels at same time. I could not believe it!

I was watching one of the shows but I don't recall which. I preferred WCW growing up but I usually watched Raw first since WCW always had a replay right after.

Watching Nitro, wondering why the hell I was having to suffer through Vince McMahon and his antics. See, I was always a WCW fan first. In fact, the only time in my childhood I watched WWF growing up was when Pillman was there. After he passed away, I switched right back to Nitro. Until the week after that last episode.

Marth 27th (in Australia) and it would of been at around midday.... Since i was 9 i was probably at school as that is what 9 year old's do on Tuesday's during the school periods of the year. Also doesn't help that i didn't start watching until 2003 so :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back