• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where was the Vince died in a limo thing going???

tcizthechamp

Dark Match Jobber
So, we all know the tradegy of Chris Benoit. He commited suicide and murdered his family. But many of you guys may remember that the current storyline of the wwe just before Benoit died was that Vince Mchman supposably was killed in an exploading limo while cameras were rolling :disappointed: Okay, so by a HUGE Conicidinky Benoit dies about a week later and due to the death of an employee, Vince comes out of keyfabe and tells the world that his death was a work. I do remember that there was supposed to be a funeral for Vince the monday that Chris died, but instead we paid tribute to a murder. But my question is, if Benoit had never died where do you think the storyline would have gone from there?

I heard different stories.

I think there was a lot of fan speculation that Kennedy was going to be the culprit. However, to my knowledge, that DID NOT come from insiders. That was when the IWC was drinking the Mr. Kennedy Kool-Aid.

Then, reports came out that it was going to be Vince staging his murder all along, which actually happened.

However, there were also reports stating that they were simply taking it week by week and did not decide about an outcome until after the Benoit murders.

What we saw on TV with Vince planning it would have probably been the outcome regardless of the murders. It's the only thing that would have passed the logic test.

I think its good that we never found out what the deal was with that and the stage collapsing at the give-a-way. That always leaves room to revisit it later on, maybe a storyline is created where we find out a superstar was behind it or something.

those kind of storylines are pathetic if you ask me. I dont see those kind of storylines going far. and faking death isnt funny or entertaining so vince should be ashamed of hisself there and as for benoit he should of gotten the help he deserved after all he did suffer serious brain damage. thats what wrestling does to you.

I think the death of Sheri Martell and the Benoit tragedies were nature's way of saying to Vince "Get over yourself". Anyone that would fake his own death on national television must be desperate for attention and ratings. Unfortunately Vince did receive media attention just not the good kind. I remember watching this on Raw and thinking that this angle was done in bad taste. Especially when a graphic showing that Sensational Sheri had died only to take the attention from her to Vince's fake death.

I'm not sure where they were going with this angle but probably nowhere logical. I think if it wasn't for the Benoit tragedy then we would probably see Vince's family come out and blame DX, only to have Vince say he sabotaged his own vehicle to get back at them. Something ridiculous like that. If you could say there was anything good that came out of this dark time was that Vince stepped back out of the spotlight and tweaked his product. Some of it for worst, some for better.

Well from what i was thinking back then i thought that wwe were gonna put kane into the story line. After 5 months from the explosion Hhh would have came out joked with the croud make jokes bout mr.mcmahon when Kane comes out and says to stop talking about vince since hes dead. Then the story line would expand from thier. After a month from that segment Kane would here these so called"Voices". Then 2 weeks later A imposter kane comes back.then on the next ppv It would once again be kane vs imposter kane When weird music plays And mcmahon comes out and says kane was the one who had the limo explode. Then what would have wwe done from that i do not know.(Note this was all an idea from me Idk what the acutal plan was) But whatever idea WWE had died out after benoit died.

i really don't care where this storyline was going, just like everybody else death isn't a funny thing and shouldn't be in a story line. when i thought vince did i was like holy shit even and every fan sending in shit for vince and then after benoit dying he came out i was pissed and sadden at the same time also for the people calling benoit a murder is just very distasteful benoit was a great wrestler and from some of his friends, he was an excellent father and friend. he just made some bad choices

While I do agree that this storyline would have probably had a garbage conclusion to it, I do find it funny that everyone is complaining that death is not funny and it was in bad taste to use it.

WWE RAW is an episodic TV show people, how many of our favourite shows have death and people dying in it as a plot line or story line, why should the WWE be held to a higher standard than any other episodic TV Show

I think the death of Sheri Martell and the Benoit tragedies were nature's way of saying to Vince "Get over yourself". Anyone that would fake his own death on national television must be desperate for attention and ratings. Unfortunately Vince did receive media attention just not the good kind. I remember watching this on Raw and thinking that this angle was done in bad taste. Especially when a graphic showing that Sensational Sheri had died only to take the attention from her to Vince's fake death.
I'm not sure where they were going with this angle but probably nowhere logical. I think if it wasn't for the Benoit tragedy then we would probably see Vince's family come out and blame DX, only to have Vince say he sabotaged his own vehicle to get back at them. Something ridiculous like that. If you could say there was anything good that came out of this dark time was that Vince stepped back out of the spotlight and tweaked his product. Some of it for worst, some for better.

is that really true? they had a her pic of her after she died, and that very episode they continued wit the death storyline? thats seriously messed up...

to answer some of the people here who are complaining about the death angles: it's not in bad taste to do one. wrestling is a soap opera for men. is it in bad taste if someone on Days of Our Lives dies from an explosion? no! wrestling has had it's rape/adultery/necrophilic. everyone praises the Attitude Era (including myself), that was the calling card of that era! remember Kane & Paul Bearer talking about the Undertaker's "mother" and how she "went around the block?" or when they brought their "coffins" to the arena and Taker got thrown into one? you can't say "oh that's just a fake storyline" because that still applies to the McMahon angle. what about Austin holding McMahon hostage the night he was fired? he was perceived the whole night to have a legit gun and he was gonna blow Vince's brains out, the same angle every one of those people calling it poor taste of doing an angle like that were marking out. is it in bad taste to do a death angle if someone dies of something close to natural causes? (keyword: close, nothing like murder, homicide, suicide, etc.) no! are you telling me there hasn't been an episode of any show that didn't have a tribute of some kind to a person who dies in the beginning of the show or at the end and didn't do any kind of death storyline of any kind? that's pure crock to be honest. it's a storyline, Sharri worked in the business, she knows the highs and the lows and what stuff promoters will do to get people talking (no publicity is bad publicity is the slogan).

the angle got killed off when the Benoit saga happened and that's understandable. i honestly don't believe the Vince death angle got killed off because of what happened, but because Vince had to go out there and say something, thus killing the angle all together. he had to give out some statement to say "look, we're sorry. it's not a work or part of the show". just doing that kills off whatever that storyline with him had because he wasn't really dead.

i really don't care where this storyline was going, just like everybody else death isn't a funny thing and shouldn't be in a story line. when i thought vince did i was like holy shit even and every fan sending in shit for vince and then after benoit dying he came out i was pissed and sadden at the same time also for the people calling benoit a murder is just very distasteful benoit was a great wrestler and from some of his friends, he was an excellent father and friend. he just made some bad choices

It's not distasteful calling Benoit a murderer because he WAS a murderer. He may have been a great wrestler but that doesn't take away from what he did. He MURDERED his wife and son.

As for this storyline, I thought it was dumb, but I thought it was going to be like Mr. Kennedy was plotting with Vince to do it and it would be a way to get Kennedy into the main event.

It's not distasteful calling Benoit a murderer because he WAS a murderer. He may have been a great wrestler but that doesn't take away from what he did. He MURDERED his wife and son.

As for this storyline, I thought it was dumb, but I thought it was going to be like Mr. Kennedy was plotting with Vince to do it and it would be a way to get Kennedy into the main event.

i know that it was wrong what he did but i am pretty sure he is spending forever in HELL but i don't think Chris Benoit was a murderer okay he had something mentally wrong with him also he was on steroids and if your on steroids for a long time the doctor that orginially gave you the steroids will have to give you testosterone which will cause anybody to go into roid rage okay if you watched the Kevin Nash on the news talking about this he should expline it a lot better okay

GET IT, GOT IT, GOOD

I don't know, I think the illegitimate son thing, which I do think was meant to be Kennedy, was a slap dash addition to it. I think the angle would probably have resulted in Vince being the culprit, but I imagine that the story, like Sidious said, would have played out on a weekly basis. The thing is with stories like this, the actual outcome doesn't always make very much sense or is completely hashed. I'm still waiting to see who made the million dollar mayhem set collapse, but I'll never find out, because creative got bored of that storyline for whatever reason.

No matter who did it, the story would probably have served for a platform for somebody, be it Kennedy or another young up and comer, Kennedy would make the most sense though, but that's pure speculation in all honesty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back