Where should Tim Tebow end up?

Nate DaMac

Fuck erbody but me
Jacksonville's new GM says that the team isn't going after Tebow.

Who should go out and get him?

Keep in mind that it should probably be a team with a solid defense and a good rushing attack.

Personally, I think he'll end up being a backup somewhere, only getting a starting job if the incumbent starter blows ass or gets injured.

I think Buffalo would be the best place for him. Doug Marrone as a Sean Payton protege is a guy who should be able to mold a quarterback, and Spiller in the backfield to work with would be an absolutely deadly combination. The only problem with Buffalo is their wide receiving corps, and their defense lacking leadership, but with the right coach (and I certainly believe Marrone can be that guy), all that would get fixed no problem and Tebow should have great success there if given a fair opportunity.

That's an interesting thought. Fitzpatrick certainly isn't working out. They have a couple of really good backs who could run the spread option with Tebow successfully and that defense has too much talent to be as bad as they were.

He'd fit in there quite nicely and he'd have 2 shots a year to stick it to the Jets.

Both of you can go to hell. Buffalo has had shit quarterbacks for almost 10 years. They don't need another shit quarterback. CJ Spiller is terrific but he may not be a 30 carry a game guy and defenses need to respect the passing game somewhat for him to avoid getting killed every down. As bad as Fitzpatrick is half the time, he still gives you a better chance to win than Tebow.

I'm not sure if Tebow belongs in the league as a QB. I'm just going to say he belongs in KC or NO purely out of spite.

I'd gladly take him. Cassel and Quinn both suck hot ass, Tebow would be an improvement.

The dude deserves a shot somewhere. Buffalo certainly isn't going to get any worse.

I'd gladly take him.

I'm petitioning the NFL that this post is binding and that he is now a Cheif.

Cassel and Quinn both suck hot ass, Tebow would be an improvement.

No love for Geno "funny you don't look Italian" Smith? I haven't seen him play much but I've heard good things.

The dude deserves a shot somewhere. Buffalo certainly isn't going to get any worse.

Let me live in total denial in peace please.

The one place that makes total sense for to me due to the chaos they have had for years and additional chaos he would being is Oakland. His Heisman and notariety makes him a total corpse of Al Davis guy. Plus it may make people forget about that awful Carson Palmer trade.

Oakland's another team I thought about. He would probably be okay there too, but McFadden seems to get hurt on a biweekly basis so with no running back I can't see him having great success. He's certainly not going to throw them to victory.

I really don't know a lot about Geno Smith, but I'm hopeful that Andy Reid knows how to mold him if that's the way he decides to go in the draft. My gut just tells me that Tebow will be more successful than him.

The Montreal Alouettes would seem a reasonable place for Tebow to end up. Who knows, maybe he could channel his inner Flutie, and make a later return to the NFL at a later date.

Personally, I think Tebow deserves a shot in the NFL. He earned it last season by his success with the Broncos. However, it may not be in the cards for him at this stage of the game. He's probably better served by going elsewhere to hone his craft, and attempting a comeback later, rather than riding the bench for another season.

The market for Tebow last year consisted of the Jets and Jags. He obviously isn't going back to the Jets and now the Jags seem like they are going to pass as well. KC has shit quarterbacks but Tebow would be a horrible fit for Andy Reid's pass happy system. Buffalo needs an upgrade but I don't see Tebow as a better qb then Fitzpatrick. Oakland needs an upgrade but they already have an athletic, inaccurate qb on the roster. The Cardinals need a qb but they don't have the type of running game that would adapt well to Tebow's style and having Tebow would minimize the talents of their best offensive weapon, Larry Fitzgerald.

Tebow will get signed somewhere but if he wants to play qb then he'll likely be competing for a backup job.

Buffalo just signed Fitzpatrick to an extension a year or two ago. He isn't a bad QB, but he isn't a franchise QB. I think they stick with him while drafting a project QB to back him up. Oakland gave up a lot to get Carson Palmer so they probably won't push him aside either. Kansas City may may a shot with him if they are going to give up on Cassel. Their really is no clear cut #1 guy in the draft this year, and the top projected QB, Mike Glennon isn't a talent on the level of this years rookies.

I really think he ends up staying in New York. It is still early but there isn't really a market for him.

Well, is SF is looking to trade Alex Smith, & just go with Kapernick, it would leave open a spot for a back-up QB, I think Tebow could be a decent fit there. They have a run game with Gore, & a solid defense, & already have an offense built around an athletic QB that has the ability to run.

Well, is SF is looking to trade Alex Smith, & just go with Kapernick, it would leave open a spot for a back-up QB, I think Tebow could be a decent fit there. They have a run game with Gore, & a solid defense, & already have an offense built around an athletic QB that has the ability to run.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think Tebow is going to be landing a starting QB job going into next season, so he'll probably have to settle as a backup somewhere that has a system that is centered around a mobile, run-capable QB. SF obviously comes to mind, especially if Alex Smith is moved, as expected. Seattle also comes to mind, especially if Matt Flynn is moved, another expected move. There's a small possibility the Redskins could move Cousins for value and acquire Tebow to backup RG3, but given RG3's injury and the uncertainty around him, they may want to retain Cousins and play it safe with him. In other words, I think he'll end up a backup somewhere with an offense that built around having a mobile, run-capable QB.

I just don't see him catching on with another team as the starter. The Jets experiment, at least to some, proved that Tebow's sucess and the ability to fully use him depends on if the team is crafted for him. The Jets weren't, and that is why they only used him in "special" packages. And the whole experiment failed. I dont think another team would try a similar, part-time experiment unless they were going "all-in" OR already feature an offense centered around a running QB.

As previously mentioned, the two teams that were initially interested in Tebow after he was all but gone from the Broncos were the Jets and the Jags. The bridge is burnt with the Jets, that much is obvious. No way he is back there next year. The Jags' new GM has publicly come out and said he has no interest in Tebow, so no dice there. Next, eliminate the Broncos and all of the other pocket passer teams, which really narrows the field.

The only possible team, and this is a stretch, that could overhaul its roster and start over with Tebow as their guy is the Browns. Former Panthers OC Chudzinski has just been tapped as the HC. McCoy and Weeden are not promising options, so maybe Chud decides he wants a Newton-like QB to work with, so they get Tebow. Just a small possibility. If not there, he'll be a backup elsewhere most likely for a mobile QB.

The only possible team, and this is a stretch, that could overhaul its roster and start over with Tebow as their guy is the Browns. Former Panthers OC Chudzinski has just been tapped as the HC. McCoy and Weeden are not promising options, so maybe Chud decides he wants a Newton-like QB to work with, so they get Tebow. Just a small possibility. If not there, he'll be a backup elsewhere most likely for a mobile QB.

If Tebow does go to Cleveland, he would start as the back up there as well. The Browns aren't going to give up on Weeden after just his rookie year. Even though Chudzinski had Cam Newton the last two years, he usually doesn't have that type of quarterback run his offense. When he was the O coordinator in Cleveland a few years ago he had Derek Anderson, when he was at Miami he had Ken Dorsey leading the team, so he is used to having pocket passers.

If were discussing teams for which he'd be a servicable backup, why not Carolina? The run the same spread offense scheme there, I'm sure he'd be able to get it with 5 yards... well maybe 10 yards of a wide open Steve Smith every now and then.

If were discussing teams for which he'd be a servicable backup, why not Carolina? The run the same spread offense scheme there, I'm sure he'd be able to get it with 5 yards... well maybe 10 yards of a wide open Steve Smith every now and then.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I think Jimmy Clausen may be a free agent so they could use another backup. Maybe some of Tebow's professionalism would rub off on Cam Newton to go with Newton's elite talent. They were teammates at Florida for a season before Newton got suspended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back