When Will it End

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
The Cleveland Cavaliers have now lost 23 straight games which ties the all time NBA record. The question I'm asking is when will this streak end? Their next game is on the road against Dallas so it looks like they will break the consecutive loss record then. After that the Cavs have an 8 game home stand with 5 of those 8 games being against teams that currently have losing records. That will obviously be a great opportunity for them to end the losing streak.

The game I see the Cavaliers finally winning will be February 13th at home against the Wizards. At that time Cleveland will have a 26 game losing streak and they will be going up against a Washington team with 25 straight road losses. Something has to give in that game. It could possibly be the worst game in NBA history under the circumstances with John Wall being the only possible silver lining. At least at the end of the night one team will be going off the court very happy.

Against the Clippers. I think in about 3 or 4 games down the road, they play the Clippers. They tend to be the cure for most losing streaks. From what I recall (don't have the schedule in front of me, too lazy to look it up) they have 2 or 3 tough games coming up, then LA. That's when the streak will end. However, I see another prolonged losing streak starting right after this one ends. I don't hold out too much hope for Cleveland this year.

The Cavs next game is actually tonight Big Sexy, against Portland. Then comes the Dallas game, Detroit, L.A. Clippers, and the Washington game. What's even more crazy besides dropping 23 straight, is that they only won 1 game out of their last 34/35 games. Crazy to think that this team beat the Celtics in their first game 95-87 and actually were .500 at 10 game into the season, after that it was all downhill from there.

To answer the question, I have to agree with you that Washington just might be the game that ends the horrid losing streak. Wizard/Cavs games are always close with the Cavs winning and seem to be a rivalry. Plus one of the Cavs eight wins are against the Wizards. So it could happen.

HatesHabs, the reason I don't feel it will be the Clippers, is that they have some tough games ahead before the Cavs. They just lost a heart breaker to the Hawks, now have Miami, Orlando, and the Knicks before the Cavs, so by the time that game comes, the Clippers will be unleashing a thrashing on them. But I do agree with you that whenever they get that win, it will be followed by another long losing streak.

Against the Clippers. I think in about 3 or 4 games down the road, they play the Clippers. They tend to be the cure for most losing streaks. From what I recall (don't have the schedule in front of me, too lazy to look it up) they have 2 or 3 tough games coming up, then LA. That's when the streak will end. However, I see another prolonged losing streak starting right after this one ends. I don't hold out too much hope for Cleveland this year.

I made a slight mistake in my opening post as I didn't see the Portland game on their schedule. Their next two games are at home against Portland and then at Dallas, after that they have 3 winnable games. They play Detroit, the Clippers, and Washington, all at home. The reason I don't see it ending against the Clippers is because they are actually playing good basketball as of late. They started the season 5-21 but since then they have gone 14-9. Plus I really want to see the Cleveland 27 game overall losing streak against the Wizards 25 game road losing streak.

The Cavs next game is actually tonight Big Sexy, against Portland. Then comes the Dallas game, Detroit, L.A. Clippers, and the Washington game. What's even more crazy besides dropping 23 straight, is that they only won 1 game out of their last 34/35 games. Crazy to think that this team beat the Celtics in their first game 95-87 and actually were .500 at 10 game into the season, after that it was all downhill from there.

Yep, I just noticed that when responding to Habs post. It looks like Portland will be the team they set the record with and then it will be a 27 game losing streak for Cleveland against the Wizards 25 game road losing streak next Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back