• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When was the first time you knew about a storyline via the web?

mattmcgee85

Dark Match Winner
I was thinking about this before christian debuted, and how vince probably switched to Matt hardy because of internet chat. So my Question to all of you is what was the first storyline, twist, or match result you knew before it happened; and did knowing about it ruin anything for you?

For me it goes all the way back to 1999 Over the Edge (RIP Owen). I remember right here, on Wrestlezone.com, they had a story about how the Undertaker was going to most likly win the title from Austin because he had done studio shots with the belt the week prior to the match. It did kinda ruin the whole idea of ordering the ppv ( which I was contemplating). Although I still read spoilers for a little while longer, I stopped not long after because knowing whats going to happen prior to made the product feel less watchable.

Wow...I think it goes back to the Royal Rumble casket match between HBK and Taker...I think it was '97 and how Taker worked real stiff on HBK because he hated his attitude

I started looking at wrestling news on the school computers when I was about 13. But to be honest most of it is disposable trash. If rumours didn't happen then I've forgotten them, if they have then I don't remember reading about them first.

I started following wrestling in 2000 but the first story I found out was fake via the internet that sparks memory is the Austin rundown at Survivor Series not really being real and just a storyline for him to take time off due to his neck fusion surgery.

Reactions: CCS
I know this is a site that gives spoilers, and power to ya, but I try the best I can to not read anything. But it never works. I can't help it sometimes. It's so tempting.

As for the first time? I honestly can't remember. I started watching closely about three or four years ago, and I started looking up older matches a little bit later. So it was probably the first time I surfed the internet for wrestling.

it has to be at the beginning the millenium years id say around the time of the invasion storyline i began using a computer and all i looked at it was around the age where i was getting old enough to know wrestlings scripted so i looked at soem websites and discovered spoilers etc etc lol

Reactions: CCS
The first time I knew about a storyline from the internet was during my junior year of high school when I was searching up wrestling sites in my Technology class. That day got me hooked to read spoilers & learn alot more about it than I already knew. It helped me get a more knowledgeable perspective on wrestling in general.

i actually remember this. it was around the time they were bringing dx back. they had the dx sprayed vengeance poster online and i was like its probably fake. then they gave more and more credibles stories.

iv watched wrestling my entire life but never really found these sites until before last years wrestlemania. Wrestlezone has increased my overall knowledge of wrestling so much! changed my whole perspective and made me really appreciate the art form more as well as making me aware of the politics that follow wrestling.

Probably the 1st spoiler I encountered was that Wrestlemania would be Ric Flairs last match, hence him loosing and that Shawn Michaels is most likely the man to do it. Some of the talk quite abit before people were mentioning some sort of deal that could have sting come and face Flair in his last match, because he was his greatest ever opponent, but of course he's with TNA so no chance! It got my hopes up thou, it would have been amazing!

Not exactly the internet but I remember reading the Miami Herald on Sundays when I was a kid because they had a wrestling column that would contain spoilers/rumors. The first one I seriously remember was an article about how Flair was winning the Rumble in 92. Thats crazy to think about that it was so long ago and I hadn't really thought about that in years until I saw this thread

I don't really remember which storyline was my first....i remember getting some pretty definitive information about The Rock not returning at some point. I also used the net to keep tabs on Scott Hall for a while in hopes of a return before i realized how deeply his demons had a hold of him.

When it comes to spoilers though, I often find myself being incredibly grateful for not knowing about them when i was younger. If i would have read about what was going down with The Outsiders and NWO before it happened..... all i know is it would have absolutely ruined a huge event in my life. The excitement of that period of my adolescence would have been completely gone. i remember huge debates at my 9th grade lunch table over what was going to happen next...... So i try to resist the urge to read spoilers now.

My first time knewing about a storyline online was the promos of Chris Jericho returning to the ring. Well i would not call it a storyline but it was something i though at the time was a glitch in my tv and i did not no it was my all time favorite wrestler chris jericho returning. So my friend told me to go on the internet to see if you can learn anything on what that thing was.

So when i look and found out i was marking out when i found it was a Chris jericho returning promo. [ oh btw i was 12 to 13 at the time give me a break lol] yeah that how i found out about that spoiler. And also like what the person 2 or 3 post above said i to always learn alot about wrestling that i did not even no when i logged on to the internet. Like discovering most indy company like Roh but yeah im getting off topic so i will stop it right here.

I've been following Wrestling on the internet since Bob Ryder was at Prodigy. It was through that I heard about ECW and started trading tapes to see the weekly TV. Good times.

I don't remember exactly but I definitely remember knowing about Jericho back in 99 I was hoping more people would have posted so they could have refreshed my memory but that was definitely one oh and one that I just remembered was when XPac was going to become the newest member of DX the night after Mania 14, but that was nothing too big that I was disappointed over knowing.

I've generally tried to stay away from spoilers but one time that sticks out in my mind is the night Nash came back at the end of a Raw and beat up HHH. It was around the time Evolution was going strong and HHH was a very dominant champion so Nash coming back and kickin his ass was a big deal and if I remember right it was kind of a cool segment. I remember being excited as I watched it but also thinking about how much more excited I would have been if I didn't know Nash was back before hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back