Whats Next For the Axe Murderer?

Tha Wolfpac

Hey Yo...
Hey Yo!

Im surprised i haven't seen a thread about this yet.

So Wanderlei Silva got injured tore his acl and im not entirely sure but i think he also broke his ribs. He was scheduled to fight Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 116, but now that's off unfucking fortunately. Big Bummer man i was looking forward my man Wandy's second fight in the middleweight division.

Now onto my point, who should Wanderlei fight next after this unfortunate series of events. Personally i think Wanderlei shouldn't wait for a rematch with Yoshihiro so for me that rules him out.

I would like to see a rematch between Michael Bisping and Wandy to then set up a no.1 contenders match with whoever is deserving at the time.

Or I could see Wandy fighting Demian Meia, just because i think Demian needs a chance to prove he still can go in UFC ehich he still can no doubt but i think people have forgotten. But that is just me.

So who should Wanderlei Silva fight next? And Why?

I don't anyone can really know what his next opponent will be, it all depends on when hes healthy and who won/lost in that time period. Would I like to see him fight Michael Bisping again? Sure, but not right away, only because I think Wanderkei should be trying to move up in the division, and as much as beating Bisping once, possibly twice, is a good thing, I don't think it elevates him much higher.

I think when he comes back and he is ready he will and should fight any combination of Akiyama (If he loses), Demian Maia, or Chris Leben (win or lose) or even Chael Sonnen if he loses to Anderson Silva.

My choice? I'd have him fight Akiyama only if hes loses to Leben and is okay to wait for Wandy, if not then I put him in a match with either Sonnen or Leben. Leben being the preference because I think if Leben wins that fight then he could be catapulted to a Title Shot and Sonnen because hes a top the rankings so a fight with Wandy would make sense.

Yes Silva tore his acl but was gonna fight through that for the Sexyama fight, but the 3 broken ribs is what made withdraw from the fight. I'm kinda glad he got the rib injury because it would've been a shame to see him fight not at 100% as both fighters wanted this fight for a very long time. But that just shows how much of a warrior he is.

Akiyama can still fight Wandy win or lose, neither fighter was really next in line for a title shot. So it would still make sense to let them fight each other providing Sexyama doesn't get a serious injury in the Leben fight. But if that doesn't happen then I would like to see the rematch between Bisping happen. Bisping has said that he wants another fight against Wandy, I think a rematch would be one hell of a fight. Bisping seems to have a little more confidence in his game since the first time he fought Wandy, so the rematch would probably be a slugfest.

With Leben calling him out tonight, i'd say Silva/Leben.. maybe not on the Ultimate Fighter.. but that'd be a damn good fight. Leben showed that the toughness is truely back. Taking the fight on short notice, lasting 3 rounds, and THEN getting a knockout. Good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back