• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's next for Jesse and Festus?

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
Last week The Big Show beat Jesse and Festus in a handicap match. Last year, Festus was being booked as a tough opponent for the Undertaker, so it would appear that these two have fallen off the biscuit and gravy train.

A couple of months ago there was an idea floating around to turn Festus heel and have Jesse as the manager. This hasn't amterialised and short of a shit feud with Miz n' Morrison and some dead end storyline with Maria they have done fuck all for ages.

The tag division is poor on the brand with themselves and Ryder and Hawkins being the only two legitimate tag teams apart from the champions on the brand.

So what would you do with them? Personally, I think the gimmick as served its cause, but they are still fairly popular. I'd have Festus be "cured" over the series of the next few weeks, and then make them a kind of goofy but liked tag team and book them as legitimate challengers to whoever wins the new unified belt.

Short of that, I'd probably put jesse with someone else to be a more traditional tag team, maybe Jimmy Wang Yang or someone and then have Festus be repackaged as an uncontrollable monster heel. Stick him on ECW and he'd be a worthy challenger to the title.

I hope that Festus gets a new gimick, something that makes him a monster and one say i hope to see the words , "WWE Has come to terms with Jesse, WWE wishes him the best in future endeavors""

Personally, I don't see anything great about Jesse, and no real reason to keep him around outside of being a jobber. Festus, though, he's young and big enough that he could actually have some potential. But to do that, they'd have to get rid of the gimmick, which is the whole reason he's not just a bland nobody as it is. Its tough. To take the guy seriously, you need to scrap the only part of his character that differentiates him from the Bam Neely people out there.

We have to see what occurs from this tag team unification, first off. This could be a savior to a dying division or it could be the final nail in the coffin. If its the savior, then who knows, maybe we'll see Jesse & Festus as tag champs down the line. If its the kill shot, then WWE will probably just release Jesse and try their typical "turn the big guy heel and have him defeat jobbers for a few months in squash matches", which will just bomb because its so repetitive and boring. No idea what I'd do in the position, but it would probably be to try something different, like cure Festus and have him change his gimmick completely. Even the name. Let him be his own self, if he's got any charisma or anything (since we don't know as he hasn't been on the mic at all), and see where that takes him as a midcard face. Turning someone heel just because they're big is so overdone that I just groan every time it happens now.

Anyone else think it would be kinda funny if they "cured" Festus and somehow that turned him into this sophisticated, snobby character ala HHH when he first debuted. Only it would be humorous in an ironic way because we all know what he was prior to being cured.

Its safe to say things look bleak at the moment for these two. Jesse I don't even notice but Festus can be entertaining and he's certainly got a unique way with himself in the ring. The obvious problem is the gimmick and it has become stale very quickly so a gimmick revamp would be in call I think. Unless this changes, Festus could be reduced to a joke which is sad because I think he's quite good...only after changing his gimmick can Festus be taken seriously.

Contrary to what most people thought, I felt he did an ok job as the imposter Kane but obviously that being a rip off of another gimmick, Drew Hankinson was never going ot get over, but turning him into some sort of monster could work...let him talk, maybe he would suprise?

Please, Jesse may not have the look, but he sure can wrestle as well as run the mic. The guy has charisma, and potential at least on ECW. He won't ever amount to main event material for either SD or RAW, but who cares?

Festus on the otherhand with a new character could be a name. He has the size, and the draw ability. For a man his size he can move, and his wrestling is great for his size. I like his chances at the main event level in the future.

I like the idea of Festus at least being partially "cured". He is good enough in the ring, to hold my attention at least, and I wouldn't mind if he returned with that gimmick. As for Jesse he may work well as Jesse's mouthpiece, but I can picture him being wished his "future endeavors" as I can't imagine WWE keeping him around.

I think Jesse is a great crusier-weight, he would be pretty good in the upper-mid cards of the U.S and the Intercontinental championship.

As for Festus, I think they should re-vamp him, like they did when they turned Jamal into Umaga.

I think that WWE needs to get rid of Jesse and drop Festus gimmick, and send him to Raw or ECW and stick him in the chase for the IC or ECW Championship.

Pink slips, hopefully.

Festus is like an out of shape Mike Knox – there's absolutely no reason for him to be on television.

Send him to ECW where he can slowly be written out of relevance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back