What's Best for Business?

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
Sort of surprised this thread hasn't been made yet however seeing that it wasn't I feel honored that I can be the one who makes it.

As we all know from watching WWE programming lately that Triple H constantly knows exactly what is "best for business." However, only when the time comes does he know what is best for business, and leaves us on the edge of our seating waiting to hear is glorious plan for the business of WWE. Well, Wrestlezone readers it's time for you to become COO of a "billion dollar corporation" and decide what is indeed "best for business" for the WWE.

Let's me start off with a fact, WWE makes the majority of its income through PPV buys. You can look it up, but it's not television, not merchandise, it's PPVs. You want to know what the second biggest income receiver is in the WWE? This one will shock you. WWE films comes second in the revenue department of WWE financials. (Yes I know a lot of you probably didn't expect this thread to be like this.) So taking this into consideration the initial idea would be to enhance these two facets and upgrade them to the point where they're increasing their revenues through this.

Looking directly at revenues of PPVs everyone on here should know the more PPV buys, the more money the WWE makes. Now of course build=buys therefore you can't have a PPV every week otherwise the numbers would start declining and the shine of the PPVs would decrease. Now a lot of WWE fans would consider the current PPV set-up to be too much and that there's too many of the. You're wrong from a financial standpoint. Taking away the Big 4 PPV's and looking more specifically at the "minor PPVs" they average around 200,000 legal buys at 50 dollars for 10,000,000 dollars of profit. Currently at 8 I believe PPVs that's 80,000,000 dollars just based on those PPVs alone not including ticket sales, merchandise, sponsors. When You add the other big one's we're now talking around 300,000,000 million dollars based on PPV buys alone.

Now seeing as this thread is based on how to enhance the WWE and build upon it I would simply try to advertise more sponsors and get celebrities on the lesser PPVs as well as the main one's to try and increase buys.

As for the WWE movies I think the main objective is to tie into bigger productions, get their name out there and slowly build their skills and repertoire. They make a decent chunk of money from the movies and not being an expert in movies all I can say is use your Austins, Rocks, and former movie stars and try to get them cheap to attract a draw. If hey use their resources then the WWE will be in a better place.

As for television and merchandise I think the main thing is to tailor feuds into the merchandise they're selling. Yes shirts are huge, Viper shirts are also big look who the main feuds are. Guess who bought a Shield shirt at the last show they went to... me, guess who is a top dog? The Shield. Merchandise is big to WWE. It may surprise everyone but the television shows alone don't do very much financially for themselves. Also consider that WWE tends to buy up commercial time on their own shows. It's not free to do that and base revenue from their shows is then taken away due to them promoting themselves, on their own shows. 1-800 Fella, needs to be 1-800 money felony and totally eliminated. It hurts more than it builds an injured Sheamus....

However, what would be your plan for what's best for business. I know often times we refuse to talk about the numbers but I think it may be a good thing to talk about occasionally.

WWE still has to give the PPV provider a cut and spend millions on marketing - everything from TV commercials to billboards and media advertising

WWE still has to give the PPV provider a cut and spend millions on marketing - everything from TV commercials to billboards and media advertising

I was reading the WWE stock reports and fiscal earnings the other day which inspired the post. WWE don't include those costs under PPV costs. It in the general advertising category ergo it won't effect their main PPV numbers. Of course there are costs based upon marketing, advertising, and general promoting and all of those who need to be addressd when thinking about what is best for WWE however considering that the PPV buys are still the most money making venture in the WWE regardless of costs. It costs to do just about everything in WWE and of course to get profit one must simply take revenue and subtract from costs and that number for running a PPV can be covered just based on ticket sales at the bigger events. Sure there's costs but profit gained from PPVs still greatly exceeds any costs and therefore the numbers would say WWE should continue to run the normal amount of PPVs.

I think another match like the one that occured at the first Wrestlemania might be a big draw. The main event tag match, have two big sports stars each teaming with a big wwe star. I think this could be as big a draw as a rock brock, and perhaps after seeing summerslam draws, it could be even better.

I think another match like the one that occured at the first Wrestlemania might be a big draw. The main event tag match, have two big sports stars each teaming with a big wwe star. I think this could be as big a draw as a rock brock, and perhaps after seeing summerslam draws, it could be even better.

I dunno. Lawrence Taylor vs. Bam Bam didn't exactly set the world alight.
Plus, Mr. T was a movie/tv star.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back