• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What WWE needs to improve

Killswitch1337

Dark Match Winner
Honestly, IMO, WWE has gotten quite bland and unbearable to watch. Since the PG-era, i have lost much interest. Here are the 5 Things I think WWE has to do to improve.

1. Re-establish a tag-team division- WWE really needs to make some decent tag teams and bring some prestige back to the tag division. I dont know if anyone else has noticed, but out of the last three tag title reigns, the miz was in two and temed up with the likes of Jericho and Big Show. They make no sense with the stables that they decide to disband. they got rid of miz and morrison, cryme tyme, and the colons in recent years.

2. Bring back the cruiserweight championship- WWE needs to establish a cruiserweight division to combat the X-division if TNA gets big. You have many stars who could be cruiserweight champion and then shot to the stars. Evan bourne for example could be a cruiserweight champion. he has worked hard for the WWE and deserves the shot. you could also use it to push newer talent, say, Justin Gabriel. Also, they should make it like said X-division with no-weight limits as long as they are willing to go high risk.

3. Stop holding people back- matches would be way more exciting if WWE would let their talent use their full abilities.

4. Merge the nonsense titles and turn them into T.V. title-esque titles- before this past week, when was the last time that their were US/IC title defenses?they should merge these two titles much like they did with the tag titles into one belt and defend it across both brands on every show. many title matches are held on PPV, so this would effectively have an impact on fan morale having a title match in every stadium to give the fans a show.

5. And finally...Get some decent storylines and rivalries going- I personally am getting tired of seeing Cena fight the same guys every week. It is always Cena vs. Orton, Cena vs. Edge, Cena vs. HHH. quit making Cena the champion and give some new guys a chance. WWE did a good thing making Sheamus the champion, but screwed it up making him feud with Cena. Cena is IMO bland and tasteless. He can come up with a few good jokes but overall, he is not a good wrestler IMO. Edge vs. Orton is a good storyline, but on the smackdown side of things, you have Swagger vs. Big Show. Big Show is a one way fighter, and Swagger was pushed way too early.

Those are the five things that Ibelieve WWE needs to do to make an overall better product. Questions, Comments, Concerns???

What you've written would be nice but there's a few things that wouldn't work, and it's simply because of management and how they work:

1 - The tag team scene needs people like Jericho and Miz involved as, without them, management doesn't care about tag teams. Look at how it's been for years. Hell at Mania 25 the tag titles were dropped below Kid Rock. The tag titles might be low but at least they're not early 96 levels (Bodydonnas vs Godwins for titles at Mania 12)

2 - Vince can't promote Cruisers. I'd love it if he did as he's got the guys to do it but, he couldn't do it when WCW was kicking his ass and now there's no-one to stop him, it seems to prove in his eyes (IMO) that he's right not to use them.

3 - The injury rate in WWE is too high as it is, letting the guys go all out would increase it even more (although I do agree with it being much more exciting)

4 - That would make a lot of sense.

5 - I think there are a few storylines (Cena Vs Batista, Edge Vs Orton, Rey Vs Punk) that're going along nicely but, again I agree, they could do with giving the lower guys more to do. Hell, even if they're not on tv, at least give them a reason as to what they'd be doing if their house-show feud was moved onto tv

All in all you have goods ideas there but, unless Vince and Stephanie are dead, those changes wont happen for a very long time.

Ome thing I would like is the Diva's to have a decent match.I always loved watching the matchs between Victoria and Trish.But now we get 3 minutes of shit.They can't really do any wrestling moves,and the title matchs are even worse.They don't even seem to be fighting for a title.

But John Cena is a draw.Thats why he is in the Main Event all the time.If you had a guy like Cena would you say no to him.He brings in money and I think he is ok.His matchs are pretty good and he good on the mic.

Everybody on these forums knows the WWE tag team division has been down for a while now. At least as of late it looks like there has been an attempt to revamp it up.

In the past couple months we've seen the push of the Hart Dynasty

Also expect to see Vance Archer (Lance Hoyt) and Curt Hawkins debut on Smackdown within the next couple weeks as a tag team. They just debut' on superstars and it looks like Vince must like them since he gave them mic time. Expect them to debut as heels and if they get over more than the Dudebusters than expect the Dudebuster on their way back to FCW.

Also you have Joey Mercury coming back with the SES. This will allow CM Punk to go back to the ME scene and Mercury and Gallows can team up together (both have a lot of tag team experience and it could work) As you see in my previous paragraph.. that makes 3 heel tag teams on WWE SD!.. thats why i see the Dudebuster hitting the interstate after Archer and Hawkins come up. Also if you've seen any FCW.. Hawkins and Archer are alligned with Jackson Andrews down there (he is a 7'1 monster who is a lean 7'1... kind of like a Matt Morgan like body) You know how Vince is high on big guys.. so expect them to get the push...

On the Raw side of thing you'll have Jericho/Miz vs the Harts for now. As much as everybody is going to love the promos and the feud all together.. don't expect it to happen for long as reports have Bryan Danielson feuding with Miz very soon. Whether the tag feud continues or they give us Miz/ Danielson.. either way i'll enjoy.

Also you have Carlito and Primo reunited and alligned with Money Inc/Fortunate Sons. Brett Dibiase toar a muscle in his knee, so don't expect him and Hennig to come up any time soon.

Yes i agree the Tag division still needs a lot of improvement.. but the strides they have been taking are making me at least have faith in the writers for the present time being.

On to Point II.

Not much to say here.. Vince won't ever try the Crusierweights again.

III- Already answered by the Miz avatar and I gave rep for it... When you're working close to 200 matches a year if not more... Vince isn't going to allow you to go full out.

IV- Yes they need to bring more prestige to the secondary singles title. I felt the Drew promo worked well with Kofi and I'm excited for that match of Over the Limit. As I mentioned in first question the long term plans are to debut Bryan Danielson with the Miz over the U.S title.

they need to try and build up on the tag team division again and i think its u gonna build a storyline for a feud it should last about 3 months no more cuz it gets boring seeing them fight over and over for month and months.

I was just about to say, last Superstars introduced another tag team, which makes two in two weeks. And that's on top of the Hart Dynasty, the Dudebusters, and probably Miz and Jericho (who I think are gonna be used to put over other tag teams), and I wouldn't be surprised if another tag team comes up soon as well. Oh and of course, the SES can easily pop two members into tag team matches. In fact, I foresee a story line where Punk tries to get as many belts as possible under the SES.

Two years ago you would have probably fit in very well in this forum. But the thing is, this isn't two years ago and you're desire to fit in has made you look like a whining brat. But to prevent this from being spam, I will address your "solutions":

1. Hart Dynasty, Hawkins and Archer, the Colons, Miz/Jericho, Dudebusters... that's 5 legit teams fighting over one title.

2. Cruiserweights in the WWE sucked, I'm sorry. It was to give the smaller, lower-card talent something to do.

3. I'm sorry, I don't want to see everybody use their full abilities every match. I don't want John Morrison to kick out of the Celtic Cross and end up beating Sheamus on a Raw after Sheamus beats HHH with that very move (after kicked out of a Pedigree). It makes things unrealistic. Plus if you go all out, you run out of gas faster. It's the truth.

4. While they weren't really doing much with the US title (because they were focusing Miz on your "much needed" tag division), the IC title was in a pretty good program with McIntyre and Hardy. The more titles you have, the more people you can showcase. The TV shows are to promote the PPVs, so it's a treat to see them defend on TV.

5. Cena isn't fighting Orton or Edge (they are fighting each other) and HHH is out on leave right now. Sheamus and Cena didn't really feud that much. He took the championship than had a small program with Orton before losing it at Elimination Chamber, setting up this very good story between Cena and Batista. You say you want to put new guys in the title scene, but you are complaining about Swagger being champion? Dude for real, shut up. You contradict yourself.

My suggestion, since you think you can run a MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY, start your own. I can only assume you have experience in booking (General Manager mode on Smackdown vs Raw 2006 doesn't count). I bet you can really knock the WWE off the top spot in the industry.

Honestly, IMO, WWE has gotten quite bland and unbearable to watch. Since the PG-era, i have lost much interest. Here are the 5 Things I think WWE has to do to improve.

I agree to a point; let's see where you go with this...

1. Re-establish a tag-team division- WWE really needs to make some decent tag teams and bring some prestige back to the tag division. I dont know if anyone else has noticed, but out of the last three tag title reigns, the miz was in two and temed up with the likes of Jericho and Big Show. They make no sense with the stables that they decide to disband. they got rid of miz and morrison, cryme tyme, and the colons in recent years.

You're a little late on this, friend. Tune in to WWE and you will know exactly what I mean. Tag-teams are coming out of the woodwork as we speak, and I have a feeling people are going to start bitching that there are too many. Time will tell.

2. Bring back the cruiserweight championship- WWE needs to establish a cruiserweight division to combat the X-division if TNA gets big. You have many stars who could be cruiserweight champion and then shot to the stars. Evan bourne for example could be a cruiserweight champion. he has worked hard for the WWE and deserves the shot. you could also use it to push newer talent, say, Justin Gabriel. Also, they should make it like said X-division with no-weight limits as long as they are willing to go high risk.

Please do not think I am bashing TNA when I say WWE is in safe hands when it comes to their "X-Division" or whatnot. They are no longer feuding TNA lost when they moved back to Thursday Nights. No reason for a Cruiserweight Division in this moment in time- hell it's just now that they are getting back to using the United States and Intercontinental Championships again.

3. Stop holding people back- matches would be way more exciting if WWE would let their talent use their full abilities.

What is "full abilities"? Are you saying they aren't pushing their bodies enough for us, the viewers, practically on a daily basis? You want them to go full-out each show so they can legitimately get sidelined and leave empty spots on PPV cards? Are you insane??

4. Merge the nonsense titles and turn them into T.V. title-esque titles- before this past week, when was the last time that their were US/IC title defenses?they should merge these two titles much like they did with the tag titles into one belt and defend it across both brands on every show. many title matches are held on PPV, so this would effectively have an impact on fan morale having a title match in every stadium to give the fans a show.

Nonsense titles?? :rolleyes: I was all for a U.S./Intercontinental Unification but in no way would I call them "nonsense". And you just said "before this past week..." which means they are doing something with them now. Your #4 has no reasoning whatsoever because of this.

5. And finally...Get some decent storylines and rivalries going- I personally am getting tired of seeing Cena fight the same guys every week. It is always Cena vs. Orton, Cena vs. Edge, Cena vs. HHH. quit making Cena the champion and give some new guys a chance. WWE did a good thing making Sheamus the champion, but screwed it up making him feud with Cena. Cena is IMO bland and tasteless. He can come up with a few good jokes but overall, he is not a good wrestler IMO. Edge vs. Orton is a good storyline, but on the smackdown side of things, you have Swagger vs. Big Show. Big Show is a one way fighter, and Swagger was pushed way too early.

You are wayyyy behind the WWE Universe, aren't you? You complain about old talent then get on Swagger's case. So now you are arguing with yourself. Cena's time is up- I could hear the boos clearly tonight. Eventually they must make him heel. All over-babyfaces go heel eventually. That will be different. As for Orton and Edge...I see no gold around their waists, do you? And HHH is slowing his pace down a lot with the feud that Sheamus and himself are having.

Hell, even a few months ago I would have been on your side, but this is relatively old. 90% of it.

Those are the five things that Ibelieve WWE needs to do to make an overall better product. Questions, Comments, Concerns???

I will give you credit for making this thread, though I sincerely wish you would have done this quite a while back and not now. Then I might have approved of this.

Unfortunately, I feel your suggestions will never come to be. Vince loves him some muscle so that puts the kabosh on the lightweights. Tag team wrestling isn't the draw that it was in it's heyday with The Road Warriors, Steiners, Demolition, RnR Express, etc. Current tag teams usually consist of two random guys who have nothing else to do. Needless to say, that process could create the next Road Warriors, but the WWE has shown time and time again that they have no faith in tag teams by splitting them up way too early and for little reason.

PS: Can we just have some discussion without getting bitchy or insulting other folks?

Two years ago you would have probably fit in very well in this forum. But the thing is, this isn't two years ago and you're desire to fit in has made you look like a whining brat.

I will give you credit for making this thread, though I sincerely wish you would have done this quite a while back and not now. Then I might have approved of this.

Make this simple...just keep doing more of what they did last night. Less useless backstage segments, and much better wrestling than we have seen. Edge/Christian was definitely PPV worthy, the Undertaker made an appearance, the six woman tag match was more than just the standard 2 minute fare where only 3 of the divas ever see action, Orton/Swagger was better than expected, even the mixed tag team match between Evan Bourne/Gail Kim vs. Zack Ryder/Alicia Fox didn't suck. Was it the best Monday Night Raw ever? No. But, it was more exciting, match wise than it has been in a while.

Starting back with point one, the WWE does not have a legitimate tag division. you have the Hart dynasty, The Colons, and th dudebusters who will remain as tag teams. three teams does not a good division make. honestly IMO if they booked cryme tyme better they could of had a more impressive division. they recieved a good pop from fans, but WWE just didnt seem to like them.

2. Cruiserweights in the WWE sucked, I'm sorry. It was to give the smaller, lower-card talent something to do.

They did suck, but that was completely vinces fault, not the cruiserweight divisions. they had the talent to succeed, they just didnt have the correct booking. they have the talent now, they just don't have a person (vince) who is willing to give it a shot.

3. I'm sorry, I don't want to see everybody use their full abilities every match. I don't want John Morrison to kick out of the Celtic Cross and end up beating Sheamus on a Raw after Sheamus beats HHH with that very move (after kicked out of a Pedigree). It makes things unrealistic. Plus if you go all out, you run out of gas faster. It's the truth.

First of all, finlay uses the Celtic Cross, and two, you may run out of gas faster, but that also leaves room to give guys nights off. AAAGHH! i know, a crazy concept, but trust me, it will work. it will also give youngr guys a higher chance, especially on raw, to succeed.

What is "full abilities"? Are you saying they aren't pushing their bodies enough for us, the viewers, practically on a daily basis? You want them to go full-out each show so they can legitimately get sidelined and leave empty spots on PPV cards? Are you insane??

By "full abilities" i mean not holding back. they are doing quite enough, but not what they can do. and to them getting sidelined, I remember A time called the Attitude-era quite a long time ago:rolleyes: in which talent was not held back so much that they couldnt do anything and their werent that many injuries sidelining people.

4. While they weren't really doing much with the US title (because they were focusing Miz on your "much needed" tag division), the IC title was in a pretty good program with McIntyre and Hardy. The more titles you have, the more people you can showcase. The TV shows
are to promote the PPVs, so it's a treat to see them defend on TV.

while the miz was going off helping my "much needed" tag division, they could have given it to someone else, i don't know ummm... recently rawed, john morrison (good feud could have started as they are both on raw), evan bourne, heck, even R-truth could have held the title while miz was off gallavanting with big show and jericho.

Nonsense titles?? I was all for a U.S./Intercontinental Unification but in no way would I call them "nonsense". And you just said "before this past week..." which means they are doing something with them now. Your #4 has no reasoning whatsoever because of this.

yes before this past week, meaning they have just started the kofi/mcintyre feud and might i ask, who is the new us champion?? Bret fricken Hart!! He has already stated before last monday night, in which he won the title, would be his last appearence on raw. how is this possible with him being champion and all?????

5. Cena isn't fighting Orton or Edge (they are fighting each other) and HHH is out on leave right now. Sheamus and Cena didn't really feud that much. He took the championship than had a small program with Orton before losing it at Elimination Chamber, setting up this very good story between Cena and Batista. You say you want to put new guys in the title scene, but you are complaining about Swagger being champion? Dude for real, shut up. You contradict yourself.

I understand that Cena and Edge or Orton aren't in a feud, right now, but if you look to the past few years, all you see, is cena as the champion( i will probably get ripped for this point too. i am no counting when he was injured) fighting HHH, Orton, or whoever is the interim champion at the moment. and as for contradicting myself, i was not. i am complaining about swagger being champion because they gave it to him too early. By new talent, i mean someone who didnt just breakout into the company. by new talent, i mean someone who hasnt been in the wwe for more than say five years. If they would have built him up better, i would be fine with it. i would rather have someone like Kofi, evan, shelton, or ziggler winning it.

Two years ago you would have probably fit in very well in this forum. But the thing is, this isn't two years ago and you're desire to fit in has made you look like a whining brat.

I have no desire to fit in. I only post to voice my opinions and see what you people have to say about them. I dont see how my post in any way defines me as a whiny brat. If you could explain this to me? I could care less about what you think if you are going to say crap like that.

My suggestion, since you think you can run a MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY, start your own. I can only assume you have experience in booking (General Manager mode on Smackdown vs Raw 2006 doesn't count). I bet you can really knock the WWE off the top spot in the industry.

i forgot this one. Decarow, Who said nyting about running a multi billion dollar company. A ll I do when i posted this is to address some situations in the WWE that IMO should be fixed. SVR 2006 is a funny topic, every time i played GM mode, my insane ideas were way too rash for the game and my ps2 would explode many times because of this. If you would get your head out of the clouds with your thinking that vince and the WWE are perfect and get some decent thought processes going, you might realize that my ideas arent as farfetch'd as you think.

Do I think they are perfect? No, but I think they are successful. Why fix what's not broken?

Cena always champion? haha, you really don't pay attention do you? He had the title for a good bit of time, agreed. Especially from 2005-2007. But since his injury, his title reigns have really been nothing. It took him a good YEAR after his injury to win the title back. Which he then lost and rewon a few months later only to lose it a month later. Then he feuded over the WWE title and it took him a few months to capture, only winning and losing it every PPV until TLC where Sheamus took it from him. He's spent a lot more time chasing the titles than holding them since his injury. And you know what, I don't care that he's champion because he deserves it. Shelton Benjamin doesn't deserve it because of his lackluster attitude backstage, and he ultimately got what he deserved.

Three teams do not make a division!? Hardys, Dudleys, E & C carried the tag division 10 years ago, don't tell me it's not possible for three teams to be considered a division. And plus, there are more tag teams you left off that list.

Vince has always had the talent for a good cruiserweight division, but even he knows it doesn't work well with the WWE.

yes before this past week, meaning they have just started the kofi/mcintyre feud and might i ask, who is the new us champion?? Bret fricken Hart!! He has already stated before last monday night, in which he won the title, would be his last appearence on raw. how is this possible with him being champion and all?????

Are you serious? Did you just start watching wrestling or something? I bet you weren't around to see Trish Stratus's farewell in 2006. Let me catch you up on that. She won the Women's Title in Toronto at Unforgiven 2006, and then the title was VACATED. They don't have to actually lose the title to get rid of it. He will probably just turn it in and let them have a tournament or something for the title.

by new talent, i mean someone who hasnt been in the wwe for more than say five years. If they would have built him up better, i would be fine with it. i would rather have someone like Kofi, evan, shelton, or ziggler winning it.

Um... Kofi? Really? The guy that debuted in WWE about a year before Swagger? Evan Bourne, again about half a year before Swagger? Those aren't people that have been here for five years bro. Nick Nemeth has been with the E since about 2005, as Kerwin White's (or as you may know him, Chavo Guerrero) caddy. He then got his major push in the Spirit Squad and all of them were sent away for repackaging. He just redebuted about a year and a half ago, and still has to prove himself a little more. The only person you described that's been around for those 5 years was Shelton, and that's not gonna happen.

First of all, finlay uses the Celtic Cross, and two, you may run out of gas faster, but that also leaves room to give guys nights off. AAAGHH! i know, a crazy concept, but trust me, it will work. it will also give youngr guys a higher chance, especially on raw, to succeed.

I'm sorry, I don't want to watch the guys go all out on Raw and then be too tired to do anything at a PPV. Like I've said before, Raw and Smackdown are just there to build up to PPVs.

Well this is a very unrealistic list of improvements to the show. Let's address them one by one

1) The tag team division has been lame in the WWE for many many years. Even way back in the mid 90's on the FIDONET wrestling forum (back before the internet was hip) we were saying the same exact thing. If they haven't remedied the situation in 15+ years, they're not going to do it now. Besides, singles wrestlers are more of a draw usually.

2) The cruiserweight/x division in WWE would be gay as fuck. The way they wrestle in the WWE now, it would not be like watching cruiserweights in WCW or the X division on TNA. Let's face it, in ring action as far as spot fests go, is even crappier than it was in the 80's in the WWE. But this ties in to the next point

3) They hold people back because physically those old spot fests that we loved, take their toll on the wrestlers and they wrestle way too many matches per year to be able to withstand it. The way around this is either get rid of the Wellness Policy (which shouldn't be removed and should be enforced even more than it is) or give the wrestlers an off-season at different times of the year where they can have like 3 or so months to recover from the year of wrestling (which I think they should have).

4) I will agree with you on the fact there are too many titles in the WWE, in fact they could get rid of half of the belts they have. One thing they should do is get rid of the brand separation. That doesn't mean both shows should be the John Cena show or anything like that, but they could dedicate a segment on raw to a match with people running for the IC title and they could also do that on smackdown AND have an IC title match on at least one of the shows per week.

5) As far as storylines go, it's poor writing with shitty wrestlers that are the problem. Cena is garbage, but a few kids are still buying his merchandise so he'll continue to be there. But really with fuckers like Batista and Cena, even if they had good storylines and writing, those guys would ruin it anyways.

As for the WWE tag team division, the WWE has made some strides in that area. They have some work left to do, no doubt about that, but the WWE has slowly made improvements to the tag team division. As of now, you've got the Colons, Jericho & Miz, The Hart Dynasty, The Dudebusters, Vance Archer & Curt Hawkins. Some of these teams do need work and there's still a ways to go, but it's an overall healthier outlook in the tag team scene now than it was last year.

The Cruiserweight Division is dead in the WWE and it's probably not coming back. At various points over the past 30 years, the WWE has instituted the cruiserweight or light heavyweight or junior heavyweight divisions and it's just never really taken off at anytime. Cruiserweight matches work best when they're spotfests and the WWE doesn't care much for spotfests.

The schedule that WWE wrestlers work is nothing short of grueling. Wear and tear on their bodies happens often enough, but to blow themselves out on regular occassions with meaningless spotfests certainly won't improve things. WWE matches have always been more about in-ring psychology and telling storylines rather than meaningless spotfests that are totally forgettable 20 minutes after they end.

Merge the nonsense titles and turn them into T.V. title-esque titles- before this past week, when was the last time that their were US/IC title defenses?they should merge these two titles much like they did with the tag titles into one belt and defend it across both brands on every show. many title matches are held on PPV, so this would effectively have an impact on fan morale having a title match in every stadium to give the fans a show.

I don't get what you mean by nonsense titles. Both the IC and US Champions have been visible on television week in and week out. In the case of The Miz, he was walking around until recently carrying 3 championship belts. Even though the WWE had his energy directing towards helping rebuild a fledgling tag team division, the United States Championship was kept visible. As for the IC title, it's been the same with Drew McIntyre. He's been very visible on Smackdown and, while he hasn't defended the title all that much, things look as though they might be picking up with the likes of Christian and Kofi Kingston in the IC title hunt.

And finally...Get some decent storylines and rivalries going- I personally am getting tired of seeing Cena fight the same guys every week. It is always Cena vs. Orton, Cena vs. Edge, Cena vs. HHH. quit making Cena the champion and give some new guys a chance. WWE did a good thing making Sheamus the champion, but screwed it up making him feud with Cena. Cena is IMO bland and tasteless. He can come up with a few good jokes but overall, he is not a good wrestler IMO. Edge vs. Orton is a good storyline, but on the smackdown side of things, you have Swagger vs. Big Show. Big Show is a one way fighter, and Swagger was pushed way too early.

Cena vs. Orton? Cena vs. Edge and Triple H??? John Cena hasn't feuded with these guys for a long while now. Neither Orton, nor Edge, nor Triple H is anywhere near the WWE Championship scene right now, Sheamus continues to look like a strong challenger and will probably be next in line after Cena's storyline with Batista ends. The WWE has given new guys a chance in the cases of Sheamus and Swagger. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sheamus have the WWE Championship sometime this year and Swagger's feud with The Big Show is a quick and temporary feud. Swagger will go over Show at the ppv, is expected to hold the title through this summer and begin feuding with The Undertaker before too long.

I agree with most of the list.

They are attempting on fixing the tag-division, but anyone who acts like its there is flat-out wrong. 5 established (if that) teams doesn't constitute a strong division. Instead of having two guys thrown together for a series of 4 matches (Morrison and RTruth), throw the guys together and keep them together. Thats the only thing that has worked recently, and they are running it to death with those same 3 guys. Take the guys who get no TV time and put them in a tag team. Give us more exciting tag team matches, stray from the same format they use for every tag match. Give us extreme, non-title tag matches. I agree with this point 100%.

The cruiserweight division just doesn't work well in the WWE, so I wouldn't keep my fingers crossed on this one. If they can let the guys they do have flow in their own style, it can be a better show-open than anything else they usually start out with, but that doesn't render a title being resurrected.

There is a reason they are limited, but I agree its too much. Same with the promos. Every heel promo sounds the same, so you can only get over by your delivery instead of other abilities. I can't see the rules in place currently be loosened at all in regards to limiting injuries, but I'd like to see the match-structure changed a little bit (i.e. every Cena-HHH match follows the same structure, every tag match follows the same structure) I think this is the closest thing you'll get in regards to letting them loose.

The US title has been highly irrelevant for years now. You'll get two PPV matches over it in a row, and it goes away. Its a shame, because both that and the under-utilized IC belt can be used better. They put a little more effort in the IC belt, but not enough. Still they gave us a few good feuds over it. I would support the US title being changed into a TV title, though.

The storylines are bland, but they are different. I don't find many of the feuds to be creative, but at least we're seeing different things. I don't think we'll get much more than 1-2 creative stories per year, so we should be happy with the new matchups we are finally seeing.

I think people are misenterpreting what the OP was saying. He was suggesting what the WWE should do to improve, by saying that the tag division hasn't been great for quite a while, doesn't really address the point.

Anyway, onto to what I actually think.

I think the WWE is actually in a good place right now. It's not what it was back in the late 90's/early 2000's sure, but given what I've seen in the past 5-6 years, I'd say its the strongest it's been for a while.

In terms of where it needs to 'improve'...

The Tag Divisions -Yes, it's not exactly a secret that the tag team division hasn't been a top the WWE's priority list over the years. But that's not to say it'd couldn't have been/can't be. They've had a bus load of perfectly servicable tag teams in the last few years:

- MNM
- The Bashams
- Hawkins And Ryder
- Deuce And Domino
- Cade And Murdoch
- The Hart Dynasty
- The Dudleys
- The Legion of Doom Mark 2
- The Colons
- Cryme Tyme
- London & Kendrick
- Legacy
- The Dicks
- Dudebusters

Now yes, there's a fair bit of garbage in there. But it's certainly nothing that you couldn't remedie into a very, very good tag team division if you wanted it to. For me, there are three main things that the WWE are doing wrong (although the one of them kinda leads into the another):

1) Splitting up tag teams FAR too early. Why on earth did Cryme Tyme ever get split? They'd been around a fair while but had achieved very little. I could put the same on The Colons, MNM, Deuce And Domino in the same bracket. Wrestlers that - on the whole (Carlito and JM aside) don't have a great deal of merit on their own. Cade and Murdoch - another classic case in point. Splitting a team that didn't need to be split. It's asif the sucess of Edge and Christian and Matt And Jeff has given the writers the idea that 20 seconds in a tag team and you've got a credible shot at making it on your own.

The only tag team from that list that I think you could justify splitting when they did was Legacy.

2) Forging tag teams together from two separate characters: Now, personally (and this is just my opinion) I like tag teams that look the same, have a joint enterance music, have a tag/team finisher. Nothing annoys me quite like seeing two people randomly thrown together to make a tag team - when you don't need it.

3) Involving the tag team belts in other storylines - doesn't happen all to often, but there's nothing like butchering the tag division by dropping two main eventers into it, or at the very least people who have better things to do - Jericho and the Miz is a case in point.

If I were in creative right now. I think you have to try and make the best with a bad situation. Empahise the fact that you've got The Hart Dynasty (the most credible new tag team/stable I've seen in a while). And give them a run against other teams.

Smackdown! - It feels too much like the secondary show at the moment. I'm not saying it should be on a par with Raw - but it'd be nice if they gave it a shot. Make it live, and distribute the main event talent more evenly.

The biggest thing WWE needs to improve in my opinion is listening to what the majority of fans want. During the attitude era they listened to what fans wanted. They ran with Austin vs Mcmahon, pushed the Rock as he grew, gave Foley a big push and title run as mankind, gave Jericho a huge debut and character etc..In the last 5 years or so it is like there telling you what to like and watch. The Danielson promo on NXT was great it was like a fresh breath of air from the cookie cutter WWE Universe era. Cena and his hokey orange shirt ball cap character is getting on the nerves of myself and many others things like shaking up his character is where they can begin at...Build long term characters and pushes and stop giving up on people after a month or so..Utilize performers strengths, dont make them what they arent. Every big star had some real part of personality that came out of him..

I like the idea of the reinstatement of the light heavyweight division, but as others have said, it isn't going to happen with Vince.

I like both the US and IC titles, I too just wish they were defended more. What I would like to see is the Divas/Women's title merged into one and have all WWE divas be non-brand exclusive. Its just pointless separating them in my opinion.....maybe just rotate them from show to show every month or something.

I am okay with the brand split as we have 2 rosters with 2 major titles (WWE and World). However, if they were going to eliminate the brand split then you would have to decomissoin the World title....and push the IC and US titles more. (Benefits and cons to both approach)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back