• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What would YOU like to see in a new WWE logo?

One to Remember

Championship Contender
I was recently reading a thread about the WWE Championship possibly having to be changed because of a new logo. Some people have said the scratch logo is passe and too attitude era or too pre-pg for the pg era. So it gt me thinking, what would your WWE logo look like?

fd6eeee173f422bce1bfadfae6ec34e0.jpg

there has been speculation that the above picture or something very close to that will be the new logo. I don't know why its been compared to the WE tv network logo but it says WWE. The line in the w shows that its two..

wwe1.jpg

A guy named D2K from lopforums made the above design I like it.

I personally would like to see a logo that takes advantage of the fact that both the letter "w" and the letter "e" have three arms.

Maybe a logo that incorporates three number "3"s with one forward, one vertical, and the last backwards. Or maybe a logo with a lower case e with two Ws as little ears or horns and the e as some type of face. If you have ideas feel free to bring them up but if you have logos you've made at home I'd love to see them uploaded and placed in this thread. I will attempt later to upload my own pictures.

wwwf.gif

I dont know how to make that bigger but that logo with the e in place of an F would be nice too.

I would like something that does not look like old logos. So that second pic you posted would be a no go in my book. Some that looks more slick, to match the intros.

But, the new tag belts had the scratch logo on them. I can't see them coming out with a new logo then having to change the belts again. So I think we are staying with what we have.

Personally I would hate to see a new logo. Whether it is Attitude era or not, that logo is the one people know WWE for. I mean half the people who don't watch wrestling still know it as WWF, they wouldn't know what WWE was. Just like they wouldn't recognise the new logo, but they would recognise the current one. The logo is a part of their image so I say keep it as it is well known.

Plus the scratch logo is a fantastic logo, I would hate to see it go. I know it doesn't suit the PG era and all but I know they can't get a better logo than that. They have changed too much in WWE recently and I don't want them to get rid of one of the last remaining things from the good days.

I highly doubt there is going to be a new logo, why realise a new set of belts with the current logo if they plan on changing it in a few weeks time? Only time that has happened was with the WWF to WWE logo and that was only due to legal reasons.
I'll say it again, the first picture is a fake. I can't believe people can not see it is clearly photoshopped.
As for any new potential logo, 'W''W''E' does not go together when joined together. It looks odd. People go on about how it looks weird just having the 'W''s and no E, then again there was no E when the company was WWFE. It was always WWF Entertainment, with Entertainment always spelt out fully. So either they do a ROH, TNA and have all the letters separate to one another or just add the word Entertainment underneath the WW

If they choose to create a new logo, the WWE needs to create something entirely new that's not a rehash of anything done in the past. Sure, having the ones shown in the OP might be good for nostalgia but that feeling only lasts for a short time... something a logo needs to go for more than. The current logo was one they had to change due to the WWF suing them for using the same abbreviations.

I feel the WWE creating a logo that's done entirely to entice the kids wouldn't be a smart idea either. Whose to say that the E will change their business priorities of targeting the kids at any moment? Could happen if some extreme circumstance were to occur. It needs to be professional enough to be passable on documents, edgy enough to represent the brutality of wrestling... yet be a simple, recognisable symbol that any idiot can point out.

I think the first one would actually be pretty sick, as long as it was without that extra E next to it. I think they should take the design of the second one and combine it with the colours and effects of the first. If they went with that, I would actually support a logo change, even though I hold some sentimentality for the current logo. I think a complete revamp of the logo would be too risky, when WCW changed their logo from the classic to that weird spiky abomination in '99, it was too bold, and too ugly. Even the WWE revamp of the logo, upon purchasing WCW didn't work. It's hard to create a logo that makes a memorable and positive impact, they struck gold when they designed the first WWF logo, there's no way they're going to risk losing brand recognition. The old-school WWF style logo that's been rumoured, may be unoriginal but it would be much less of a bitter pill to swallow, provided they drop that E.

Stick with the one you have and the red swoosh thing they have underneath it, could be made to read entertainment. Still have the same logo, just spice it up a bit like that.

The only thing I liked about the new tag belts was the scratch logo on a sunburst background. I thought that could be a new logo, if they feel they need one--which I doubt.

I would absolutely love to see a new WWE logo. The reason I feel this way is because the scratch logo that everybody seems so fond of for some reason is very dated. That logo was brought in during the ever so overrated Attitude Era to match the more edgy product they were turning into to. Then their name changed from WWF to WWE and they just took the F out of their logo. But in the end of still basically the same logo just minus one letter. Also let's not forget that the post-Attitude Era still had some attitude and edge to it as well. They still catered to the 14+ audience for the next good while.

Then WWE started to gear it's head to catering to the kids and becoming a more family friendly oriented product in 2008. After this a lot of new rules ad regulations would be formed by the company to help achieve their goal for a PG rating which they succeeded in getting. This era is focusing more on in ring action and exciting character to appeal to the audience and therefore is no longer about edginess and shock value. The scratch logo has over ran it's course and now the best time to change the logo to match the current product. Without doing that you will always remind everyone of the days of the Attitude Era by constantly showing off it's logo. I truly hope WWE changes the logo with the times because if this happens, not only will it match the product but it will also force them into giving the WWE Championship a much needed change in design.

wwelondon.jpg

How about this? It looks modern, the E stands out, it doesnt look like logos from WWE's past, thus it matches all the criteria I feel is important for any new logo.

Guess what inspired me? (Tounge firmly pressed in cheek).

Not wanting to sound big headed, But I personally love this Logo I made, It's a mix of the current and old Logos.
123WWELOGO.jpg

its an interesting design I thought I had sen that before on WWE though like I can't remember on what show though.
vampirek said:
I highly doubt there is going to be a new logo, why realise a new set of belts with the current logo if they plan on changing it in a few weeks time?
even if they don't you can still submit original material here to see what some people think would better represent what WWE has become.
Rhinestone Rick said:
when WCW changed their logo from the classic to that weird spiky abomination in '99, it was too bold, and too ugly. Even the WWE revamp of the logo, upon purchasing WCW didn't work. It's hard to create a logo that makes a memorable and positive impact
WCW changed it though because the new millinium was approaching. It was supposed to be futuristic. As far as WWE's WCW logo is concerned I thnk it has a lasting impact. Anytime I see people here type "wCw" instead of "WCW" I think of the power of Stamford..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back