• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What would you have changed?

roipdh123

Getting Noticed By Management
Hello everyone. 2016 is coming to an end in a couple of weeks, and I thought to myself - man this was a really long year. Think about it: At the 2016 Royal Rumble PPV, just over 10 months ago, the current world champ on Raw was opening the card, and the current world champ on SmackDown just debuted!!

That is just one example of many things, good and bad, that happened this year.

But now I ask you: How would you have done it?

Now before we go into super fantasy booking mode with Sami Zayn defeating Kevin Owens, who won the 2016 Royal rumble for the title at WrestleMania 32, we will have a few ground rules for that:

A. All the Champions begin the year with their belts (Reigns - WWE WHC, Charlotte - Divas, Ambrose - IC, Del Rio - US, New Day - Tag Team).
B. The 2016 Royal Rumble match will still be for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
C. All the injuries and suspensions that happened during anytime frame of the year still occuer (for example you can't bring back John Cena or Seth Rollins for Mania 32).
D. No fantasy returns, meaning only guys that were under contract at the time can wrestle, if they are still physically able to (but for example you can bring back Goldberg for SummerSlam, as I believe he was already under contract).
E. Roman Reigns **Must** leave WrestleMania 32 with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship (we said no fantasys...don't kill me).
F. The Brand split still happens on the July 19th 2016 episode of SmackDown Live.
G. NXT debuts can happen when they happened in real life, but you can reaplace wrestlers, with tag teams equaling one wrestler (for example: 4 wrestlers debuted on WrestleMania week - Crews, Corbin, Enzo and Cass, Vaudevillains. So I can replace them with different guys).
H. People who are holding belts in NXT cannot come to the main roster until they drop their titles.

Lets see who can do it best :lmao::worship:

Royal Rumble 2016:

Thirty Man Royal Rumble Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Brock Lesnar wins the Thirty Man Royal Rumble Match by last eliminating Dean Ambrose.

Big Moments:
-Styles debuts at #2 against Reigns. He goes all the way to the final 7 before being eliminated by Kevin Owens.
-Kofi will save himself from elimination by falling on Big E and Xavier (like in reality). But instead of getting back they just take him and sit with him on the announcers table for like 10 minutes. Then they will have Brock Lesnar coming in and just run to the new day and start attacking them, and eliminating Kofi.
-Neville will be german suplexed over the top rope by Lesnar into someone.
-Owens and Zayn brawl out and eliminate each other in the final 6. Brawl out of the arena.
-Ambrose will eliminate Reigns.
-Lesnar will eliminate Ambrose, after there is a tease of Ambrose winning.

Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose (C) def. Kevin Owens
Same

Singles Match for the WWE Divas Championship
Charlotte (C) def. Becky Lynch
Same. Only replace the kiss by Flair to a different heel tactic.

Fatal 4 Way Match for the WWE United States Championship
Tyler Breeze def. Kalisto (C), Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler.
Here we start to change. Kalisto wins the US Title on Raw and keep it until here. We unite the 2 feuds, and have Breeze win the title heading into Mania.

Kickoff Tag Team Match
The Dudley Boys def. The Ascension.
Give The Ascension a real feud here. The Dudleys needed to win heading into Mania.

About Wrestlemania 32, I would have changed two things:

(A) Dean isn't squashed by Brock Lesnar in that match. Either the match is competitive enough or the match shouldn't just take place.

(B) AJ Styles defeats Chris Jericho. There was no better way to end that match when AJ Styles was going to become the challenger for World Title next night.

I know that I have more but I could remember these two only as of now.

ShinChan™;5619099 said:
(B) AJ Styles defeats Chris Jericho. There was no better way to end that match when AJ Styles was going to become the challenger for World Title next night.

Agree - to a point.

If AJ Styles' title programme with Roman Reigns was to happen, (and they were bloody good matches to watch), then it makes far more sense Styles beating Jericho at Wrestlemania. However, I'd have kept Jericho winning but have HIM as Reigns' first challenger. There's few in the business who can heel it up like Jericho whilst the fans are trying to cheer for them, and he would have made Reigns look a million dollars (I went to the Live in London show in September and theirs was by far the match of the night)

To be honest, I guess since Styles v Reigns turned out two brilliant ppv matches, it doesn't really matter which of them challenged Reigns first, but whichever route they chose, it would have made more sense to have that wrestler win at Wrestlemania

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back