• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Would You Do: Witnessing Someone Getting Robbed?

SavageTaker

Everybody Has A Price!
I feel as though I haven’t made a thread in a long time even though it’s only been about a week. Anyways, since I didn’t make a thread last week, I’ll try to make two of them this week. Before I give out this thread’s topic, I’d just like to once again thank everyone who has contributed to these threads. If no one posted in them, I think I would have stopped by now. I’d also like to say that if anyone has any suggestions for future threads please feel free to send me a PM or if you want, make the thread yourself.

Now, today’s topic has to do with robbery. I was actually thinking of doing three separate threads about robbery but I’ve decided to keep it in two threads since they are a bit different and will require different answers. So, what would you do if you witnessed someone getting robbed? The person could be getting robbed anywhere. It can be on the streets, at a store, or even in their own home. Be creative.

I would do two different things depending on if the robber is armed or not. If they are, I would call the cops if they have a gun. If they have some other weapon such as a knife, then I’d stop them by finding a weapon of my own. I’d probably get some type of spray and spray them in the eyes. Of course, I’d have to be pretty agile to avoid getting stabbed or to stop from them from using their weapon on me.

Once I’ve sprayed them or used my weapon on them, I would try to get them down on the floor so that I could call the cops while they are down. Once I’m finished with the phone call, I’d try to waste time until the cops get to the place, which in this case would be the home of the person who is getting robbed since I probably wouldn’t do this elsewhere. Once the cops get there, it’s not my business anymore and I would be glad that I stopped a robbery.

Now, if the robbery was happening on the streets or at a store, I don’t think there is much for me to do. If it’s at a store, then I probably wouldn’t get involved since there is probably security near by. But if it’s on the streets, I guess I’d try to stop the robber from getting away.

What would you do?

Typically what I do is this. If hes just the random guy robbing some shit, all I do is ask for 10% and I dont tell anyone shit. It is a fair deal, if he busts a 7/11 and gets $20, I get a free case of beer. And I don't tell anyone shit, cause I got a free case of beer.

If he starts punching some fucker for his cash, I tell him to calm down a bit, cause its obvious he just needs to ask nicely for the mans wallet. I don't typically deal with those buggers, just help the guy up after he is done and all, cause I am friendly like that.

When I'm 18, I'm getting a concealed-carry permit, so if I see someone getting robbed, I'll shoot the robber. Until then, I'm not doing shit. I don't know what the fuck they're carrying.

Like you said, what I would do witnessing a robbery depends on various factors, i.e. the location and severity of the robbery.

If it were a major robbery that had potential danger, I would calmly walk in a safe area and call the police.

If the robbery were witnessed by other people, I would likely walk away and do nothing, letting the other witnesses take action.

If it were a minor robbery, I would more than likely do nothing, because it's minor.

Note that the only action I would take is calling the cops. I don't deem many scenarios worthy of me getting physically involved in. The crime can be handled by someone else, and doesn't need me to risk my health. The only way I would fight them, would be if the victim was getting massively punished, which isn't likely, thus why I would not get physically involved in many cases of robbery.

The last episode of Seinfeld's plot was the gang witnessed someone being robbed and they eventually went to jail.

If that was the case, I'd be going to jail. I'd probably be too concerned for my own safety.

In this case... i would walk away and pretend to call a friend only to call the cops. I mean, it's just robbery and besides, in today's world, even when someone tries to help they still get put in jail.

More than likely, I'd call the police and try to stick around without being seen myself to get the best description possible of the suspect(s). About the only time I might interfer is if the robbery is going south and soembody is likely going to get killed, then I might do something, I don't really know though. Seeing as how I usually have some sort of weapon on me, ranging from a sidearm to asp, to oc spray, I might be able to help more than just calling the police.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back