• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Would You Do: If You Saw A Minor Smoking?

SavageTaker

Everybody Has A Price!
Welcome to the fourth thread in this series here in the CL. Sorry I didn’t make it earlier…but at least I’m here now. Before I continue, I want to thank everyone who has posted in the other three threads. Without people posting, I wouldn’t continue this. And it’s a pleasure reading everyone’s opinions and seeing what they would do.

Now, without further ado, this week I ask you: What would you do if you saw a minor smoking?

One of the threads I made earlier was about minor’s asking you to buy liquor. This time around, you’re seeing them smoking. You don’t know how they got whatever it is that they are smoking…you just know they are doing it. And before anyone asks what they are smoking…it can be anything. It’s up to you to decide what they’re smoking and what you would do.

I, wouldn’t try to stop them or tell anyone about it. If the minor is smoking, that’s their business not mine. Now, if it’s someone close to me, then yeah I would urge them to stop if it was something I knew was bad for them…such as cigarettes.

I wouldn’t do anything if it was someone that I didn’t know because it’s none of my business. The person either knows what they are doing or they don’t. If they’ve analyzed what they’re doing and know the harm they could cause by smoking…but they are still doing then obviously it’s someone that’s just going to continue doing it even after I urge them not to.

If it’s someone close to me such as a friend or family member, then I’d do anything to stop them from continuing smoking. I don’t want to find out one of my family members or friends has cancer and might be dying because they decided to take up smoking. It would just make me (and possibly others) extremely sad if something like that were to happen. So I’d rather prevent it from happening over letting it possibly happen.

Depends on if their smoke is interfering with my breathing. If so I'll open my mouth, if not I'll keep to myself. Furthermore were it a person close to me I'd simply say "that shit is gross and get it outta my face", or something to that effect. If I have the power -the situation takes place in my home/car etc.- I ask them to put it out or leave. If it's public I distance myself as much as possible and go about my day. Simple really.

I guess it depends on the situation. I saw some guys smoking outside the college in the middle of the day, and I could smell a strong odor of weed. My irrational side would say hey pass that shit over, but my rational side would tell them what are you thinking? Smoking weed in the middle of the day at a college, where you could get busted is beyond stupid.

A minor I didn't know smoking cigarettes on a sidewalk I wouldn't say anything. I might be inclined to tell them if they were smoking weed in public that they could get busted, but what's the use. If someone doesn't care to smoke weed in public, then they don't care to get busted, or about their health.

Probably nothing because A) where I grew up, I saw that all the time so it wouldn't bother me, and B) I probably wouldn't care. They're not my kids and they can find out on their own that what they're doing is dumb.

Though, if I was in a playful/douchebag mood, I'd be tempted to cut a CM Punk promo on them just for lawls.

It doesn't really matter to me who it is or what they were smoking, I'd ignore it or ask them to spark it up. I don't smoke cigarettes, but I love weed. Unless your living under a rock, or are just simply ******ed, there's no reason why anybody shouldn't be informed on the dangers of cigarettes. But it does relieve anxiety and tension, so I have no problem with them doing it. Now if its weed, I'll usually ask them to spark it up or pass the j. I could never deny a hit from free ganja.

I wouldn't do a thing. Unless it's my child, it's not my place to tell someone whether they can or can't smoke. Of course, if someone was smoking and their second-hand smoke was bothering me, like LigerBomb, I'd ask them nicely to smoke elsewhere. But, I'd do this regardless of a person's age.

I don't personally smoke myself, and while I don't have any issues or quarrels with people who do smoke, I'll never understand why you want to potentially harm your body before you are "legally" allowed to.

Would I do anything about it? Well, yes and no. On one hand like I said I'm not a smoker myself - and as such, while I don't care who else does it; I will care if its interfering with my breathing. If you're breaking the law in doing so, it'll only piss me off worse.

On the other hand, most underage illegal smokers are dick-ish like children to begin with and wouldn't give a shit if you "ratted" them out or not. So it falls into the "whats the use" category.

If it were my own child I would go ape-shit on them for it. If it were a friend's child, and that friend didn't smoke I would likely do the same. If it were a friend's child and that friend DID smoke, I wouldn't do anything - because you do as you see.

If I'm ever asked by a youngster if I'll buy them cigarettes naturally I do the decent thing and say yes. Why not? Most of them are 15 and in 6 months they'll be able to buy them themselves, or they would if the age hadn't been put up. But I do it because I remember how hard it was to get hold of a pack of cigarettes when I was a child. ''Got any ID?'' ''Why yes squire, here's my National Insurance card'' ''Get lost''. Dark days indeed.

So the answer to to thread question is that I'd do nothing if I just casually saw them lighting up.

Coincidentally, if they ever ask me for a light I know they're part timers and I tell them to get lost. What sort of a hardcore smoker doesn't have a lighter?

Yeah, I'm with Jake here. I've been asked a few times by minors to get them cigarettes and I did every time, mainly because I remembered just how much it sucked not being able to get cigs when I was fifteen (luckily that rarely happened because of the coolness of this one punk rock Muslim stoner's store). It's really not that big a deal.

What would I do if I saw a minor smoking? One of two things: absolutely nothing, or if I'm out of cigarettes shit maybe I'll ask them for one. The difference between smoking at fifteen and eighteen is pretty much nothing, your body doesn't grow a magic smoke shield on your eighteenth birthday. Really no big deal.

Personally I don't care they can do what they want, chances are they got into it due to older siblings/parents so its not going to have a major impact if you have a go at them.

There was this funny story I heard where a kid asked this guy to buy him **** and gave the guy some money the guy went into the shop told they guy behind the counter, who let him through the back, the kid was standing around for AGES waiting.

Personally I would just go about my day. It's none of my business if someone is smoking regardless of their age. Besides how would I really know if they are underage? Unless they are walking around with a giant sign on their shirt saying their age they could be older than me. Nowadays some kids look older,some look younger. It's hard to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back