• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Would You Do? #6 - Cody Rhodes

BigBombB

Pre-Show Stalwart
The sixth in a series of threads that asks you "What would you do if you were in charge of handling this superstar's future?" All you need to do is answer the following questions:

01. Push or Bury?
02. Revamp or Continue (their current character)?
03. How would you book them?

01. Push

02. Continue

03. There are a ton of guys floating around in the midcard that have been pushed into the main event but are now kind of floundering. Somebody could get a huge push by beating them. Start with Damien Sandow, head into Swagger, Del Rio, Ziggler, get a good win streak going against a bunch of guys who can propel him into the main event and then...Goldust screws him. And commence huge feud.

--------------------

Past Threads (because I keep forgetting to do this and don't want to accidentally do the same person again!)
#5: Rob Van Dam: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=274549
#4: R-Truth: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=273991
#3: The Miz: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=273351
#2: Evan Bourne: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=272811
#1: Kofi Kingston: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=272663

1-Push

2-Continue

3-He should stay in The Broterhood having some title shots (even another reign if required) until breaks up and feud with Goldust, leading into a match at WM 31. Then joins the IC title scene until post-WM 32, the moment when he will be ready to fight for the WWE WHC in my opinion.

1. Bury THEN Push
2. Revamp
3. I would only bury Rhodes to give him some time off for a while before bringing him back with a few tweaks. It seems Rhodes is forever stuck in that upper-midcard position and just can't find a way to add that final part to his repertoire that will elevate him to the main event scene. I would have him screw Goldust and lose like 3 matches in a row to Goldy only to go on and lose to more ridiculous opponents every week, eventually losing to like... El Torito. After the match have him do a "shoot" interview where he says he's busted his ass too damn hard and put too much work into this business to be ridiculed by the WWE. Have him say he's a Rhodes and he doesn't need this, he quits. Than bring him back a couple months later as a full blown heel attacking John Cena. Cena doesn't need titles and he's in a good spot to elevate the young guys at this point in his career.

Have him go back to being called "Dashing" Cody Rhodes, have him grow his mustache back in, and have him put on his face-protector mask and put bags on people's heads.

Seriously though, I totally agree the above poster, I think he needs to actually be "buried" for a while, take time off, come back with a chip on his shoulder and a mean streak and go after Cena or another top babyface. I think if he's gone for a while, people will realize that they took him for granted in a sense, he'll get a big pop upon his return and he should immediately flush that goodwill down the toilet and make a statement.

I have been looking forward to when Cody Rhodes would come on the "What Would You Do?" list. FINALLY .. and thank you :)

1 - PUSH.

Really though, this guy deserves it. I mean, he has had feuds and matches in the past that prove that he his a main-event player. He has the second generation legacy to add (as Paul Heyman had quoted for Curtis Axel) a certain pedigree to his resume. His heel run with the face protector mask was the best run of his career, and I think a mean streak would suit him before turning him to a babyface again, but this time as one of the top 5 guys in the WWE.

2 - Revamp

I love The Brotherhood. I am a huge fan of what Goldust and Cody do as a tag team and I really wish that their run as tag champs could have continued longer. But now that they have been out of the tag titles picture for a while, I think he either should just go back to the face protector mask gimmick, or something else.

3 - Strong heel in a new stable ... and then MITB winner

I think with the success of 3 man stables such as The Shield and The Wyatt Family, I would love to see more team ups in WWE. With a whole "you need somebody to watch your back" kind of thing in the locker room. I think Curtis Axel needs to drop Ryback and team up with Rhodes. Have a match booked with Rybaxel against the brotherhood, and have Axel and Rhodes both beat up their partners. Maybe with an addition of Ted D Jr. if he ever returned, or another 2nd generation superstar, they would do great. Who knows, bring Charlotte from Nxt and put her with Rhodes and Axel. After a good heel run with the titles, they could split and Cody can win the MITB breifcase.

1. Bury

2. Revamp

Cody is a talented guy but he is only going to be a tag teamed or jobber in WWE at this point. He needs to go to TNA, be a top guy there and tweak his gimmick a little, then come back to WWE after a few years as a top guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back